Add ons

Minnietta

Mouseketeer
If my use year is September and I buy an add on in July, do I get any points before Sept? In other words, is there a cut off in the year you are in or can I even buy towards the end of my use year and still get the points? This is hard to explain! I just saw a post about back dating 6 months that confused me. Thanks! :D

DVC will usually only sell you an add-on with the same use year, unless that use year isn't available. This mainly makes it an accounting hassle for you, since you will have 2 different use years: Your base contract in September when you get points, and then the contract in July when you get the add-on points.

I knew I said that wrong! What I mean is...if I buy an add on for 50 points (with a use year of September) in July, do I get 50 points right away and another 50 points in Sept? :D

Hi neighbor!
Yes, you would get both the current use year and additional points in September. We did this when they first offered the new add ons at OKW. :)

Disneydiane
mickey36.gif

It's unlikely you will be able to buy points for an add on of less than 150 points in July with a Sept use year. If you do, you will likely be buying points but not being able to bank them. Think about it, they really can't sell a lot of points when the time has gone, it would be over selling. They will likely tell you to wait unti Sept of after and buy at that time. There is a provision in the POS that you can buy a different use year if no points are available for your use year. I don't know anyone who has bought directly from DVC in that situation but it's a considertion for you. Call your guide and see what they say.

DVC usually wants 6 months left on the points so they will have time to rent them to someone else and where you can bank your points.

Dean

I bought a 50 point add-on ( at HHI ) to my 150 at BWV, both with a February use year. I did this the last day the price was at $67/pt. The guide recommended I wait until 2/1/01 to make the purchase official since I would lose the year 2000 points. I decided to take the year 2000 points and use them for my stay at the end of Jan. '00. Was able to get a Grand Villa for one night changing from the 2 bdrm I had reserved by adding the 50pts from 2000. So basically, I got to use 50 points for the cost of 1/2 months dues ( purchase date to end of use year prorated)! What a deal!!! :D :D :D

Off-Site 2/92
Coronado Springs 11/98
Swan 3/00
MOWC 7/00
BWV 1/01
Hilton Head Isl DVC 3/01
BWV 11/01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter