Add-On-Itis / ROFR

bjarnich

Earning My Ears
My wife and I purchased 150 riviera points direct in October on board the magic. There was an $11 per point off incentive and I’ve been on her forever and she finally let me pull the trigger! We just did our first point stay end of January into early February. Somehow we pulled off a miracle and did a split stay at poly/boardwalk. We absolutely fell in love with the poly. We asked our guide for some info and poly direct is pretty steep, even with the current incentives. We got back on a Saturday evening. Tuesday afternoon we had an offer accepted on a poly resale contract for almost $100 per point less than direct! Anyone else this trigger happy with adding on?! On average how long is ROFR process?

I had it worse than you.. got 150 direct st Riviera and then bought 2 resale contracts since then but I think we’re finally done now until 2025 when poly2 is out. For better or worse welcome to the addonitis club!

ROFR itself typically takes 3-4 weeks. Sometimes it comes back in 2 but usually 3. It will likely take about 3 months in total before your points get loaded in (aka contract closing and then member services moving things over).

I had it worse than you.. got 150 direct st Riviera and then bought 2 resale contracts since then but I think we’re finally done now until 2025 when poly2 is out. For better or worse welcome to the addonitis club!

ROFR itself typically takes 3-4 weeks. Sometimes it comes back in 2 but usually 3. It will likely take about 3 months in total before your points get loaded in (aka contract closing and then member services moving things over).
thats why we bought in now, we're hoping that they dont make the poly tower a different deed or anything like that somehow. we wanted in before the price skyrockets! hopefully we got enough points lol! who knows what the chart is gonna look like for the tower

thats why we bought in now, we're hoping that they dont make the poly tower a different deed or anything like that somehow. we wanted in before the price skyrockets! hopefully we got enough points lol! who knows what the chart is gonna look like for the tower
If you don’t care about the 1/2/3BRs for poly and just want the studios then now is a good time to buy in, otherwise it’s pretty much a gamble tbh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter