Add-On Fever... did you get bit?

Have you added on?

• Yes, I added on because I wanted to own at particular resort

• Yes, I added on to get the extra years.

• I added on because I need more points.

• I have not added on, but want to.

• I have no desire to add on at this time.

• I added on, but wish I hadn't

• Other, Explain...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Add on to get BCV 7/11 priority. :wizard:

Voted, "Other, explain." The add-on monster jumped us today at Disneyland with no warning. It hit us hard ... we never saw it coming. We fell prey to add-on incentives: $10 per point discount plus developer points plus free APs plus 2006 points. (Plus a few goodies like the tote bag, DVC member baseball caps, Stitch and Dumbo "have you heard the secret?" pins, friendly service and coffee).

Our UY is OCT and we bought right at the end of September ... so we'll also receive our full set of '07 points tomorrow. I'm awash in points ... never thought I'd see the day.

BTW, I'm really quite surprised to find my point info already available via the DVC Member site. The records were updated w/in hours of purchase on a Sunday afternoon. Wow -- I'm impressed.

We added on at AKV after touring the models at SSR in early August. We are so excited! We originally were holding out to see if GCV was going to be announced, but decided to go for AKV. When GCV was announced I asked DH if he regretted not waiting to buy into GCV and we both agreed that we are very happy with our decision to add on at AKV. :thumbsup2

Added on for specific resort and to increase total points.

We added on to give us the 11 month advantage at VWL and we added AKV because we love the resort. :thumbsup2

Original purchase plus 2 add-ons in less than a year. And all at our home resort SSR - just love it there.:love: We're in our 50's, so purchased a little later in life and are slowly trying to work our way up to a months worth for retirement. We have enough for now, though I'm sure there will be another add-on in our future.

The double developer points got me in early August! I was thinking about adding on 50 points anyway, but ended up with 100 more at SSR with 200 dev. points and the 2006 and 2007 points for a Sept. use year. Good timing. I charged 1/2 to a no interest CC, which is good until July.

We started out with 150, and have done two 100 point add ons just because we wanted more points. This way we can have two vacations per year in a one bedroom. When DD is off to college the plan is to switch to studios and have enough points to let her go with a couple of friends during spring break. All of our points are at SSR.

It took me less than 10 days to add on. I bought a small 35 pt contract with BWV just to get my feet wet. A week later, I decided to buy another 100 points :idea: :eek: I have passed ROFR on both and am patiently(not) waiting to close. :rolleyes1

We wanted to add on since the day we bought in! (2 year ago, almost) When they offered DD points, we went for it. Then we stayed at Beach Club and I want to add on there - but if we can't swing that then we may sell AKV and buy resale.

This probably sounds stupid, but I'd buy more points if the dues weren't so high.

We haven't added on yet - unfortunately it's gonna be a few years I think. We just bought in for the first time this summer into AKV at 160 points. But I'd LOVE to buy into BCV, just to get the home resort advantage there. Like I said, maybe in a few years.

We've added on several times. We purchased 200 BWV pts in Feb. 2000. We added 25 pts soon after. When BCV opened we bought 225 there. Then more BWV pts became available so we added 125. When SSR opened we bought 125 there. So now we have 350 at BWV, 225 at BCV and 125 at SSR. Our total is 700 but I'd really love 1000.

I added on strictly for the benefit of having the 11 month window at BCV. Our other contract is at AKV.

We've added on both because we needed more points AND because we wanted to own at particular resorts. It's all good! :thumbsup2

I voted that I have no desire to add on. But that was several days ago before Hawaii was announced. May have to rethink my vote.

We bought AKV and I can't see us adding on anywhere else at WDW. Away from Florida, we are not going to add on in Hawaii but I really do want to add on at GCV for the 11 month booking advantage.

At this time, no desire to add on. 210 is working for us and we'll see after we have our first baby later this year.

I have 175 at SSR, and I haven't added on 'yet', but I plant to soon! I told myself I wouldn't add on until I paid off my current contract... Add-onitis is just eating away at me!! I need more points already for next summer!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter