Accused of accident in rental car on way home from WDW – never in one.

Something similar happened to a co-worker. Someone contacted her claiming to be from her insurance company inquiring about an accident. She called her insurance directly and they had not records of a claim. They instructed her to not provide any information. In less than two weeks, the matter was completely dropped. It really freaked her out though.

I know it's too late but, I would not have done anything other then call. They now have your correct address, unless you sent it without one, and they got a response. If it was legitimate, I think it would have come from the rental company since the plate was registered to them and they would have to be involved in any kind of claim.

Sometimes it is better for the company or other party to come after you with a little information (not for a little information) over and over. Instead of loading them up with your own information to second guess with and prevent more calls to you.

After their second or third letter you can even ask them to send you their accident report as typically filed with the city. Then you can rebut it piece by piece. I guess here you would have to give them corrected information for each incorrect piece of their information such as "we were in Alexandria, not Roanoke that day" in the Virginia case above.

I would even do such things as have the investigator come over to see me instead of my bringing stuff in to him. As inspired by a Bruce Williams, talk show host currently residing in Florida and a Disney fan.

Now there is such a thing as and a term for it: "Non contact hit and run". Someone swerves to avoid you and he gets into an accident. This is where
being able to match up information (that they volunteer first as I suggested) can be useful.

In a case like this one, wouldn't the other driver (the one that made the claim) be the one who "ran"? The OP was on the side of the road with 2 flat tires.:confused3

In a case like this one, wouldn't the other driver (the one that made the claim) be the one who "ran"? The OP was on the side of the road with 2 flat tires.
We won't know the answer until the other driver spills his beans* (possibly including the claim that it happened in a different place) which you have every right to expect him to do before you give him a few of yours at a time.

* (Ph.D. in English needed.) Totally unrelated to the McDonalds hot coffee drive-up window lawsuit.

I would call ACCC insurance and follow up with a certified (return receipt) letter. In the call and letter I would only say that I was not in any accident and give them no additional information.

I would also type the letter and do not sign your name only print it. You do not want them having a copy of your signature.

Denise in MI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter