Accessible showers

autumnblue

DIS Veteran
Do the walk in/roll in showers generally come with their own standard shower bench or do you have to bring your own?

Thanks

Autumnblue

If the shower doesn't have a fold down seat the hotel has to have a shower chair no need to bring one.

We were at a major chain once and had a roll in shower I went to the front desk and they told me that they didn't have one and that my DD would have to use her wheelchair to take a shower. I call the corporate office and told them I would put one of their nice chairs in the shower before I put my DD wheelchair in the shower. They put me on hold and while I was on the phone guess what suprise they found a shower chair

autumnblue said:
Do the walk in/roll in showers generally come with their own standard shower bench or do you have to bring your own?

I spent almost four months in a wheelchair due to an injury and surgery to repair my leg. While I was temporarily disabled, my family took a vacation to Walt Disney World. I had arranged in advance handicap-accessible resort rooms for our two-week stay. Our first room was at Port Orleans - Riverside. Our second room was at the Grand Floridian, and our third room was at the Beach Club Villas (we resort-hopped, as you can see). All three of those rooms had roll-in showers since I could not stand or walk. Those showers were an absolute Godsend to me. I have photos of the rooms in my Yahoo photo albums. I'll post links to the rooms below (I need to note that I had booked a Grand Floridian deluxe concierge room so it was larger than their standard rooms):

Port Orleans - Riverside Room
Grand Floridian Room (bathroom)
Grand Floridian Room (bedroom area)
Beach Club Villas Studio Room (bedroom area, I'm sorry I don't have more photos posted of it)
Beach Club Villas Studio Room (bathroom)

As you can see from the photos, all three of the roll-in showers came with pull-down shower benches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter