? About Meeting Characters

Generally speaking, the character (if its one that can talk, like a princess for example) will say periodically something to the effect of, "I have to go see the dwarfs in just a few minutes" to sort of let people know they will be leaving shortly. Sometimes a cm will accompany the character and make an announcement that the character will be leaving in two minutes or will only be able to sign x amount of autographs. Then of course there's the times when all is going well, you are getting close and then boom, they have to leave. Its hard to predict. Its frustrating and they need a better system in place. This is one of those areas where I think you can see that Disneyland is short staffed, they just don't have enough cm's to accompany the characters and keep it organized. The best run character meet and greet at Disneyland in my opinion is the Pooh one back by Splash. Separate, roped off que's, cm's there to help out and they are there throughout most of the day. I think its just a good idea to let your child know, if they are old enough to understand that somtimes even waiting in a long line can't guarantee they will see the character but that all you can do is try. And my poor daughter once waited in line patiently for Snow White (this was at MGM Studios in WDW) two times during one day, only to be told as she got up there Snow White had to leave. Some tears and a very bummed Snow White too, but they lead her off anyway. It does indeed stink!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter