ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

I will have to spend some time getting caught up again...In browsing quickly through, I saw the post about your momma. I am sorry to hear your mom hasn't been feeling well and OH MY am I ever so glad they caught that clot! That gives me not good chills thinking about it.

She is home (as of 15 minutes ago!) after yet another round at the hospital... but more on that in a separate post after replies. :) But, YES!! I am too. Had they not, this may have been a very different story.

Feb 9th! :scared1: Where has all my time gone? I just looked to see when the last time I posted was. I can't believe it has been almost 8 weeks with VERY minimal if any Disdrugs! I am once again so far behind. :eek:

I had noticed you seemed to disappear! And was hoping all was well in your world. But, no fear.... after being "gone" (mostly) for almost 2 myself, I'm quite behind as well.

Musical is over. Will post some pics as soon as I can get my cloud cleared out enough that they will upload from my phone. =)

OH, I would LOVE that! Please feel free to use this thread as a platform to share. Many were very impressed with last years for sure!

School became crazy March 5th. I had 2 accelerated classes start. One of them is computer applications and I am having a trough time keeping up with it. I am spending about 4 hours a day doing homework for it and my instructor is not very helpful so am spending a lot of time googling everything so I can figure out how to do it.

But you CAN DO IT!!! Keep at it; before you know it, this will all be over and you'll be so glad you did! And, TBH, you're learning the material a LOT better for having to learn it yourself. Just don't give up.

I have decided Xeljanz is the magical drug for me! It has been working so well. Even with all the drastic temp changes here in Ohio, since January I have only had 1 flare of my RA and it only lasted for 2 days and went away on it's own. I had a bit of swelling when I was working on musical stuff, but nothing compared to last year.

Hoping to get caught up this week... but we will see.

YAY!!! You have finally found something that is working for you. That is excellent news! I am really so happy for you that the flares haven't been a problem lately. :D

My husband is not a morning person was that am or pm We will arrive approx 1230 and close out the parks
Janelle

Yes, about that time, I was with several others and couldn't really break away from what they had planned :) But hopefully very soon we can find a time to get together and play! Please DO let me know if you come up north and I'll plan a dinner for you and your family. :)

She's meeting us at 10am

Tis true.

Glad you had some (a lot) of party left in you to enjoy Yeehaw Bob - looks like a great time. Love the pictures of Main Street - that shade of blue sky is just fantastic!
I hope your momma is taking care of herself. I really understand personally the tough balance between wanting to do things and "pushing through" like you may have done your whole life, and being forced to face your physical limitations and let some healing commence.
Have a stupendous time in California!!

Me too! The gang of us sure had a good time!

I spent quite some time just hanging out on Main Street looking for fun photos. Glad you enjoyed them!

She is finally home now after 4 stays in the hospital. 4!! But things are looking much better now, and I'll give a nice long update in a bit. Yes, though, I do remember when I had ankle surgery having to slow down and not be able to much while it healed up.

Can't wait to start the TR for the Cali trip! WHooo boy... BIG FUN!

I'm not sure how to PM you but I do hope to run into you. I have a little something special for you since You graduated nursing schooling

PMs are easy. Go to Conversations at the top right. There should be a "Start Conversation" button in the next screen. Fill in the User Name of who you want to PM, and a Name for It. Type in your text, and press "Start Conversation" at bottom when you're done. I'll send you one right now, to help you out.

Just cecking I so you know I am still kicking even after the BIG 70 !!!!! At least I retired from 2 jobs before was 70,I am not sure to work till 80 or 90!! :charac2::cloud9::hyper2::crutches::crutches:

Wow!, Rosie! #70- that's a lot of years to have gone through life. :) Time to relax and enjoy the many more you'll have with family... especially that great grandbaby of yours!

I definitely need to go see Bob's show. Love the Main Street USA pics. It's a cool area of the park to get lost in. (Not that one could get lost walking along a straight line with a giant castle as a visual anchor point, but i digress.)

I think your zany crew would really enjoy it! It's a lot of silly fun to be had.

Oh, GB, you'd be surprised at how lost one can get doing, well... anything. :rolleyes1

Can't wait to hear all about it!

I'll try to get it started this week, since I'm not working until next week. :) But, you know editing photos can take a fair bit of time. ;) However, I will put a link up when it goes live.

Um... that's not the peoplemover. (I know, wrong coast)

By the way, are those Keens? I just bought some for our trip.

Nope, not the PM.

And, why yes, yes they are! And I LOVE them! But, be warned... ProTip: Wear socks. Just sayin'. :rolleyes1

Leaving sucks.

::yes::::yes::::yes::

:sad::sad::sad:

How do you get blisters sitting on your butt with your feet up?

This was BEFORE the last day, which was DRASTICALLY different than the day that photo was taken. Butt, I will get to that... eventually. Hope to start the TR this week.

Oh my over already! Poor thing. Until next time..

I hope a next time comes sooner than later!

OK, but I was only trying to "tickle his fancy." :rolleyes1

TMI!!!

:lmao::lmao:

Probably also too late.....

Evidently.

Is that what you call it?? Huh.

:scared1:

Hopefully there was no spilled Tequila involved............. :rotfl:

Well....

Umm...

Actually....

And, why yes, yes they are! And I LOVE them! But, be warned... ProTip: Wear socks. Just sayin'. :rolleyes1
Well, the whole reason I got them was so that I wouldn't have wet feet/socks. I'll take some regular shoes to wear once in a while, but I absolutely hate wet socks and shoes. And going in July, I know it will rain every day. I just got them a couple of weeks ago, but I'll wear them and try to get them broken in well before we leave. I've got another pair of sandals and flip flops that I can take to rotate too so I think I'll be able to avoid blisters. I typically don't have blister problems with my feet anyway (knock on wood). My biggest issue is not having enough arch support which is why I decided to suck it up and spend a little more money to get the Keens instead of relying on my old $20 sandals. My ankle/heel area where I had my Achilles surgery a few years ago really starts screaming if I'm on my feet a lot without good arch support.

If there was, there was no licking involved.... :rolleyes1
Now you're taking all the fun out of it ;) Or maybe there was. I've seen how quickly after a trip you can forget details.... :rolleyes: :duck:

Never acceptable to waste good tequila. For that matter, cheap tequila either!:rotfl:

My Friends...

A bit of a real life update to bring you up to speed. Been a long, but incredibly busy couple of weeks. Some was VERY hard, some was incredibly amazing, some a bit stressful... all in the course of life, I guess. Live hard, play hard, so they say.

First off, a bit about my mom .... By the time I left, her knee hadn't really improved a whole ton; wasn't much better, but not a whole lot worse either. Still VERY painful, to the point of still needing scheduled OTC pain narcs. Added that it was really affecting her mood quite a lot. Although the surgery aspect was looking quite nice, the redness, swelling, hot and angry appearance was telling us that things really weren't as they should have been.

I left thinking that she really needed 1) more time, 2) another ultrasound to rule out a lingering clot, and/or 3) an antibiotic to knock out any infection brewing in there.

I hadn't even landed in Cali before I got a text (multiple, in fact, from sisters and dad) saying Mom was back at the hospital with a suspicion of another clot. That was ruled out, and she was sent home. 2 days later, more texts saying she was there again, this time with a diagnosis of cellulitis. OUCH!!!! Like SUPER OUCH! So, until just now, she was "enjoying" her 4th trip to the hospital getting 4 days worth of Vanco. The good news is that she called me a few minutes ago and says she feels MUCH better. She sent a photo of her leg and it indeed does look a whole lot better. So, I think things have finally, FINALLY turned the corner to being better once and for all. Phew!

Not the best way to start off a trip to Disney! But I'll save commentary on that for the TR...

In other news, I have an exciting announcement:

But first the backstory. Once upon a million years ago, a doting grandfather gave a young girl the world. Their time was spent together going to sushi and tempura in Little Tokyo, LA, sitting behind Homeplate at Dodgers games, and best of all flying to Southern Oregon, Nevada, Northern California for business trips. She was his little co-pilot. Many, many times, he’d let her hold the control column and help her to gently pitch or yaw. Simply put, it was exhilarating. He is gone now, but had left behind some of which made an adventurous soul. As you may have guessed, that little girl was me. The luckiest girl ever. So now...

It’s time to learn how to fly!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend who’s a flight instructor and has done the research for me on the various ground schools around my area. The soonest one starts in about a month. To be really honest, I’m scared to death. This, I think, might be WAY out of my league. Physics has never come easy for me (please spare me your math comments. ), but weather is something I enjoy, as well as communications. I’m ready for a new challenge. One baby step at a time. Ground school isn’t as expensive as I thought it’d be. Nor the time necessary to complete the course. Apparently, it is 2 nights a week for 10 weeks. Until I get more hours at work, the actual flight time will have to wait. I don’t think I’ll have a problem passing the physical.

Now, as you know, it takes a spell to unwind, unpack, and unclutter after a trip. I’m working on the next update and the photos are edited, but the text is not yet written. Hopefully by Friday I can get Letter ‘N’ posted. Meanwhile, it’s full-on Spring here, and I kinda wanna be outside enjoying the 5 minutes of sunshine we have this week.

Hope all my good friends here (that’s YOU!) are doing fantastic!

ADVENTURE IS OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT THERE!!!!!

Last edited:
I love that you just went from the worry of your mom's health issues, to the high of your Disney trip, to the ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE of going to flight school, to.....an orthodontist appointment. What a wild few weeks you've had! Glad your mom is doing better, and good for you for continuing to challenge yourself. Looking forward to the rest of your TR and hearing about your flight school adventures.

So glad to hear your Mom is doing better!

What an awesome story about your Grandfather, that is very special!

Very cool that you're going to take flight lessons!!!

My full on Colorado Spring means 8 inches of snow and still falling...:sad2:

Glad you are back safe and had a nice trip

Thank goodness you mom is doing better and they finally figured out what was wrong.

3) an antibiotic to knock out any infection brewing in there.

That's what I was thinking also, too bad it took till the 4th time in the hospital to give her some.

Awesome you are going to learn how to fly!!

I hadn't even landed in Cali before I got a text (multiple, in fact, from sisters and dad) saying Mom was back at the hospital with a suspicion of another clot. That was ruled out, and she was sent home. 2 days later, more texts saying she was there again, this time with a diagnosis of cellulitis. OUCH!!!! Like SUPER OUCH! So, until just now, she was "enjoying" her 4th trip to the hospital getting 4 days worth of Vanco. The good news is that she called me a few minutes ago and says she feels MUCH better. She sent a photo of her leg and it indeed does look a whole lot better. So, I think things have finally, FINALLY turned the corner to being better once and for all. Phew!

Wow. What an ordeal! I'm thankful that she finally seems to have turned the corner.

It’s time to learn how to fly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!! That would be amazing!

To be really honest, I’m scared to death. This, I think, might be WAY out of my league.

I can understand that, but if you can pass nursing school, you can do this! I remember having a conversation with a pilot who was off-duty and flying on the same plane as me once. Someone asked if he gets nervous about flying and he said no--to him, it felt exactly like driving a car. I'm excited for you!

Great news that your mom is finally on the mend. Wow learning to fly. Way to go what a way to spend the summer up in the clouds free as a bird with not a care in the world.I am sure the class work will fly by pardon the pun.Before you know it you will be flying yourself and your family to Florida.Good that you had a good trip to Anahim.

So sorry to hear about your mom, but glad to hear that her knee seems to be getting better.

Learning to fly! Okay, totes envious right now.
Just do me a favour and don't be one of those pilots.

Trust me.... I know.

Oh cellulitis? Oh my! I got that at Aquatica. Omg so painful. It spread up my leg like fire! Your poor Mom.

Learn to fly? How cool! Your Dad would be so proud. That is exciting!

You sure don't waste any time, starting on a new adventure! Wow!

Glad to hear they figured out how to help your mom, and that she seems to be on the mend. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter