ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

I thought it was quesadillas? Maybe not. I guess I've just had them on my brain for two days now because someone was too lazy to include a picture in his trip report.
Is this the same someone who can deduct points from contests???

Sounds like a big project editing all your Crapistan photos! But enjoyable. Once finished it will be great to have all those to cherish for evermore. Provoke memories. Like all those albums on our shelves use to do.

Good luck!

Wow. And I thought it was a big project to do photo books for 7 years of family photos. At least they were already digital!

Sounds like a big project editing all your Crapistan photos! But enjoyable. Once finished it will be great to have all those to cherish for evermore. Provoke memories. Like all those albums on our shelves use to do.

Good luck!

Thanks! Still plugging away, but today is a DISsing sort of day.

Mmmmm fajitas. I think I know what might be for dinner tonight....

Did you? I've never made them at home..... what cut of meat do you use?

Wow. And I thought it was a big project to do photo books for 7 years of family photos. At least they were already digital!

It's been fun to start with my digital one and clean them up with LR. Some that I thought were unsalvagable are turning out ok. :)

Did you? I've never made them at home..... what cut of meat do you use?

For beef I use skirt steak, or at my grocery store they call it "flap meat". I stock up when it's like $4.99 lb and then freeze it in 2/3 lb increments. I'll slice up peppers and onions lengthwise (a couple mushrooms for me), and I saute those in a skillet on the stove.

I season the meat with this. Alberto gave it to me, I also have one for chicken and vegetables.

I cook the meat on the grill and then slice it against the grain. A little sour cream, (cheese for me) and the meat and veggies, voila! Easy dinner, and fairly healthy too (except for the sour cream and cheese part!)

Sorry no pictures!

And no I didn't make them last night, but they are going on the menu for next week!

That sounds delicious!!! I'll be on the lookout for the skirt on sale and do them next week too! Tonight we're going out to Red Robin and I'll get a salad so I can splurge big time on my Burger Trifecta Challenge in a couple weeks! ;)

We've only made chicken fajitas at home - dh usually is the one to make them. Not sure what he uses to season them. It might just be salt and pepper. Tonight is pot roast in the Instant Pot. Two hours isn't exactly instant, but it got rave reviews from the family the first time I made it. Hopefully second time repeats the good reviews!

We've only made chicken fajitas at home - dh usually is the one to make them. Not sure what he uses to season them. It might just be salt and pepper. Tonight is pot roast in the Instant Pot. Two hours isn't exactly instant, but it got rave reviews from the family the first time I made it. Hopefully second time repeats the good reviews!
Ok... SO!!!

All the girls at work have this Instant Pot. How is it different than a normal small pressure cooker which I use fairly regularly? Worth buying?? Sell me! Go!

Ok... SO!!!

All the girls at work have this Instant Pot. How is it different than a normal small pressure cooker which I use fairly regularly? Worth buying?? Sell me! Go!

Good question. I've never used a regular one! This one plugs in, and is programmable with the time, etc. I can also saute in it before (or after) using it at pressure, so one pot to brown and cook meat. It also does yogurt and other things, but I haven't tried that yet.

Downside- can't use it when the power goes out! (Which happened Tuesday, when I had planned to make it! ) But, you also don't need a stove, so good for some situations.

If you are happy with your current one, not sure if you need one.

Good question. I've never used a regular one! This one plugs in, and is programmable with the time, etc. I can also saute in it before (or after) using it at pressure, so one pot to brown and cook meat. It also does yogurt and other things, but I haven't tried that yet.

Downside- can't use it when the power goes out! (Which happened Tuesday, when I had planned to make it! ) But, you also don't need a stove, so good for some situations.

If you are happy with your current one, not sure if you need one.

A timer would be nice for sure. I do think I could saute in mine though too, so no advantage there. The yogurt feature would be nice; haven't made my own in a loooooong time. I think the next appliance I'm going to buy is a rice/grain cooker- the kind you can do up hot cereal and oats in the night before. My FIL got me a GC from our high end cooking store for Christmas that I still need to use. The cooker I want in about $150, so need to come up with the extra $100 over the GC amount. Work has been lean and other things have to take priority, like hair and nails for my trip. ;)

Have I ever mentioned how I've deducted points when people ask for too many points?

Just curious....

Wait! I didn't ask for points. I merely suggested they could go to me, should you be feeling like your normal, generous self.

I believe you can make grains in the Instant Pot with a timer, too, tho I haven't tried it. I don't think I would've paid full price - I got the Black Friday deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter