Abandoned resorts

Boy is this thread OOOOOOOLLLLLD! However, with the recent announcement from Disney, it looks like new value resorts will be going up at the "abandoned site." AT least that eyesore will be cleared up. :thumbsup2

Close. Very close.

Disney has filed for permits for a mock-up for Animation Inn & suites. The rumor is that the Pop will be rebranded for the “Inn” part and the unfinished part of the Pop will become the “Suites”, especially considering the popularity of the family Suites at ASMu.

Wow. Spot on.

Wow. Spot on.

Uhh.. actually .. there has been zero word of any rebranding at Pop at all.

Both the INN and the SUITES will be contained in the new property across the lake. There has been nothing announced about any changes at Pop.

I suspect that Pop will be renamed Pop Culture resort..

That's my guess.

Sorry, I didn't read that part well. I just meant the Animation part and that it would all be family suites.

I just read this entire thread and I've gotta say I feel like I just had the pixie dust knocked out of me. There is a group of youtube videos called Vanished World of Disney. Pretty interesting.

I just read this entire thread and I've gotta say I feel like I just had the pixie dust knocked out of me. There is a group of youtube videos called Vanished World of Disney. Pretty interesting.

Sorry about being a buzz kill. :upsidedow You know, I never knew there were abandoned resorts on Dis property until I read about it on another thread. We usually stay elsewhere on property. Yeah, the youtube videos can be depressing. Definitely don't want to look at that before an upcoming trip.

Talking about Discovery Island... Does anyone remember the tropicla birds that would sit on your shoulder when you would get off the boat? They would never want to get off you! They only way you could get rid of them was to pass them off on to some other unsuspecting person that just stepped off the boat! That still make us laugh!!!

Ah well to be honest after staying at the Pop 3 times, I always found the Legendary Years fascinating and really mysterious.

I had NO idea river country was still there, the aerial shots are really cool. Wish I could've seen it (I'm only 15 so it's before my time) but I did show my dad who was there when it was opened.

Ah, someone beat me to the abandoned Skyway, but I'll get into detail. As your walking from Fronteirland to Fantasyland, at the stroller parking for Small World you can see what looks almost like an alpine cabin almost. That is the abandoned Skyway station, it's out of commission but still there. I believe you can also see the Tomorrowland one if you pay attention on the TTA.

Bumping this old thread because I found it really interesting.

Somehow stumbled across this old thread and am happy that legendary pop years got turned into something instead of being torn down!

I wonder what will really become of River Country. Will be constantly checking the Dis because you all know too well!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter