AAA discounts

wdhinn89

DIS Veteran
Are you still able to call Disney and make a reservation with a AAA discount? Looking to book for August

Disney and AAA have not been partners in several years.

This does not mean zero discounts but you'll need to contact AAA to see if they are offering anything.

And to be honest I have never contacted Disney directly to ask about an AAA discount. Not even when they were partners.
I contacted my local AAA travel agent...

Last edited:
Are you still able to call Disney and make a reservation with a AAA discount? Looking to book for August
The Swan and Dolphin still have AAA discounts! We are going end of May have always stayed at a Disney resort be it value, moderate or deluxe. Like everybody else tired of paying $$$$$. This will be our first time at the Dolphin.... They also give discounts to military ,teachers, seniors & nurses

@Disney.Dreamin.Dee I have called Disney before and got the AAA discount.

If I booked my vacation early before discounts became available, I would call, get the AAA discount and then if a better discount came out, I would have my reservation changed

The Swan and Dolphin still have AAA discounts! We are going end of May have always stayed at a Disney resort be it value, moderate or deluxe. Like everybody else tired of paying $$$$$. This will be our first time at the Dolphin.... They also give discounts to military ,teachers, seniors & nurses

I grew up at the Dolphin, my family stayed there many a time on the nurse discounts (mom was an RN, now retired). They also offer government discounts, though when they have AP discounts those tend to be better. Enjoy your trip, I have very fond memories there.

@Disney.Dreamin.Dee I have called Disney before and got the AAA discount.

If I booked my vacation early before discounts became available, I would call, get the AAA discount and then if a better discount came out, I would have my reservation changed
Have you done it since AAA and Disney terminated their agreement/partnership?

From Mousesavers.com:
There are, as of now, no AAA/CAA discounts available for stays at the official Disney World resorts.

You might be able to book a package through AAA which includes a hotel stay. I think you can still buy park tickets through AAA. But as far as I know, AAA discounts on a room-only Disney-owned hotel reservation ended years ago.

Just to be clear, Swan/Dolphin are NOT Disney resorts
They are Bonvoy/Marriot resorts on Disney property
Very different things
Their offering AAA discounts isn't the same as Disney offering them now

Do you know what percentage the discount is for AAA or teachers at Swan/Dolphin.
My sister is both and we did consider it next time since we have to pay for transportation now anyways.
We stayed at Poly in August and absolutely loved it but I just don't know if/when we could swing that again.

The AAA discount for Swan and Dolphin is pretty good—we just booked for April at the Swan and our AP discount rate was only $15 less a night than the AAA rate roughly. Can’t beat the price for the location and access to extended evening hours compared to deluxe resorts

From Mousesavers.com:
There are, as of now, no AAA/CAA discounts available for stays at the official Disney World resorts.

You might be able to book a package through AAA which includes a hotel stay. I think you can still buy park tickets through AAA. But as far as I know, AAA discounts on a room-only Disney-owned hotel reservation ended years ago.
Well, that's a bummer. I was hoping to at least get a 10% discount using AAA if the Contemporary was not part of the next set of discounts. :(

Just to be clear, Swan/Dolphin are NOT Disney resorts
They are Bonvoy/Marriot resorts on Disney property
Very different things
Their offering AAA discounts isn't the same as Disney offering them now
You are right ...They are NOT Disney resorts... but they ARE on Disneys property. Walking distance to HS & Epcot!!

You are right ...They are NOT Disney resorts... but they ARE on Disneys property. Walking distance to HS & Epcot!!
Well aware. Stayed there. Very different type of stay from Disney resorts.
Pointing it out for others reading who may not know why they have AAA discounts and Disney does not

The best AAA discount is non-refundable vs the pass holder discount which is refundable. The refundable AAA discount is exactly the same as the Teacher discount, about $3 per night cheaper then the standard refundable price.
Also the standard non-refundable prepaid price is only $3 more then the AAA non-refundable. The “discounts” are pretty minor.

That said the passholder discount was awesome when I looked at it.

The best AAA discount is non-refundable vs the pass holder discount which is refundable. The refundable AAA discount is exactly the same as the Teacher discount, about $3 per night cheaper then the standard refundable price.
Also the standard non-refundable prepaid price is only $3 more then the AAA non-refundable. The “discounts” are pretty minor.

That said the passholder discount was awesome when I looked at it.

{Assuming you are discussing Marriott.}
What dates did you plug in to only get a $3 difference?
Trying a few random dates, I see at least 5% off the lowest publicly available rate (and sometimes up to like 15%) for AAA & Teacher.

I know I got around 15-20% off for AAA in 2020 when they were trying to fill rooms.

We are doing a split stay with our Swan stay on March 17-20. I’m comparing it to the default Member Flexible Rate, since anyone can become a member.

Attachments

• 9E4CAD7B-1CF2-49B3-B7F3-F8E5EE80731E.jpeg
    9E4CAD7B-1CF2-49B3-B7F3-F8E5EE80731E.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 10
Do you know what percentage the discount is for AAA or teachers at Swan/Dolphin.
My sister is both and we did consider it next time since we have to pay for transportation now anyways.
We stayed at Poly in August and absolutely loved it but I just don't know if/when we could swing that again.
The teacher discount is 25%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter