AAA discounts inside the park?

kissbfm

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me what some of the AAA discounts inside the park are? AAA has some type of card to use for extra discounts, just wondering if anyone can tell me some examples. Thanks.

Beth

Interesting. Never thought to try them in the parks. I know some restaurants will allow the AAA discount, such as Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney (although that's supposed to just be AAA Diamond members - I have a standard AAA card and sometimes they will accept that - depends on the clerk you get).

AAA should be able to give you a list of where it would be available. I've never heard of this card - might be handy for our next trip, which we won't have annual passes for :(

Here's the list, straight from my AAA Disney World book:

DINING

15% off food and non-alcoholic beverages at Earl Of Sandwich.
10% off food and non-alcoholic beverages at Wolfgang Puck Express (limit 6 guests per party) Fulton's Crab House, Portobello Yacht Club, Planet Hollywood, Bongos Cuban Cafe.
20% off food and non alcoholic beverages at House of Blues.
20% of Guest's dinner at Trader's Steak and Seafood House at Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel (includes food and beverages Guest consumes at dinner. Must be all on one check.)
20% off food and non alcoholic beverages at The Outback Restaraunt at the Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa.
10% off food and non alcoholic beverages at the Official All Star Cafe.
20% off breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Valid for food and non alcoholic beverages at Garden Grove, Gulliver's, Kimono's, Palio's, and Splash (located in the Swan Resort). Fresh and Cabana Bar & Grill (in the Dolphin Resort.)

RECREATION

20% off Ride Along Experience and any Richard Petty Driving Experience.
15% off one round (18 holes) at Disney's Winter Summerland or Fantasia Gardens Mini golf courses.
15% off regular day visitor rates for up to four guests at all five championship WDW golf courses. Rates include greens fees and the use of an electric cart. Tee times at this rate are limited.
15% off the regular price of mini power boat rentals.
10% off the regular price of personal water craft excursions from Disney's Contemporary Resort. Sammy Duval's Watersports Centre. Height and age restrictions apply.
15% discount off Water Therapy or body treatments (massage, facial and hand and food treatments excluded; age restrictions apply) at WDW Grand Floridian Spa and Saratoga Springs Spa.
10% off spa and salon services at Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa (packages not included)

SERVICES
10% discount on auto repairs and tires at AAA Car Care Center. Applies to seleceted products and services.

MERCHANDISE
10% off purchases at: World of Disney Store (not applicable to Disney ticket media, gift certificates,videos,Disney dollars, food items,sundries,film,periodicals,digital camera services,Lladro,Armani,Hummel,Swarovski Crystal,Walt Disney Classic Collection and other selected merchandise), Planet Hollywood, House of Blues, Bongos Cuban Cafe.

TOURS
15% off these Behind the Scenes Tours:
MK
Family Magic Tour, The Magic Behind our Steam Trains,Keys to the Kingdom, Mickey's Magical Milestones
EPCOT
The UnDISCOVERed Furture World,Gardens of the World,Hidden Treasures of World Showcase, Dolphins In Depth,DiveQuest,Seas Aqua Tour, Backstage Magic
MGM
Yuletide Fantasy Tour
AK
Backstage Safari, Wild By Design.

Hope this helps you guys!

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY - Wow! I had no idea I was missing out on these AAA discounts! :earseek: Thanks for posting the list! :wave:

If you shop at the outlets there are some stores that take the AAA discount in Orlando. Look on your AAA's website and you can find a list of stores in every city that participate in the show your card and save program.

Oh my! World of Disney here I come. This may push us over the edge for doing the Family Magic Tour, too!

Kirstin's Mommy...what AAA Disney World book are you referring to? Is it for those who buy a package? I've never heard of many of those AAA discounts, and I've been a member for years.

Thanks for posting the AAA discounts. I knew of most of them -- World of Disney & Tours; but I didn't realize that there was a discount at Earl of Sandwich. We love that place.

I'm looking at a 2004 AAA Florida Tourbook, and it says: "AAA Vacations Walt Disney World benefits include: AAA Vacations Diamond Card entitles you to special savings on meals, merchandise and recreation at select Disney locations." That is along with the AAA VIP Lounge, Preferred Parking, and Preferred Viewing for certain fireworks and parades. So...I think most of those discounts are NOT available to the rank and file AAA member, but to those who book WDW travel packages through AAA.

Those discounts are for AAA packages only; in your travel documents they send you a special AAA Diamond Discount Card. The regular AAA membership card does not entitle you to the benefits.

We had the Diamond Card, and at Winter-Summerland they asked to see that card specifically; the CM said the regular AAA was not valid for discounts. Same at Planet Hollywood.

NancyIL said:
Kirstin's Mommy...what AAA Disney World book are you referring to? Is it for those who buy a package? I've never heard of many of those AAA discounts, and I've been a member for years.

I think some of it is for packages only, sorry, should have made that clear. I got a AAA WDW "Happiest Celebration on Earth" book. It's kind of like a catalog, has pics of all resorts, parks, etc. I got it from my local AAA office. Not all of the discounts require the diamond card, however. I got the AAA discount on DiveQuest twice and didn't have a package booked, just asked for the AAA rate when I booked. I had an AP at the time. So, I would think you could still get the rate on the tours even without the package.

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY said:
I got a AAA WDW "Happiest Celebration on Earth" book. It's kind of like a catalog, has pics of all resorts, parks, etc. I got it from my local AAA office. Not all of the discounts require the diamond card, however. I got the AAA discount on DiveQuest twice and didn't have a package booked, just asked for the AAA rate when I booked.

I don't remember seeing the list on my AAA HCOE book, but I did get that same list with my Diamond Card in my package. I do want to add that the Diamond Card "pamphlet" that came in my package said that you need to show the Diamond card and your resort ID to get the discounts. Though it sounds like some CM's aren't asking for verification on some items.

Also, I have heard that some AAA offices will give you the Diamond card if you are a AAA member, so folks my want to stop by their local office.

freakylick said:
Also, I have heard that some AAA offices will give you the Diamond card if you are a AAA member, so folks my want to stop by their local office.

Just a quicky little update on that, you can't any longer.

I stopped in the other day and spoke with the rep that I have booked our past trip's with and she said they can't do that anymore.

Apparently in the past, they actually got the Diamond cards directly from Disney. Disney would send them a stack to get them through the year. From what she said, they stopped doing that and now, the card is sent with the rest of the ressie. information, tickets, etc. The only way they could possibly have one is if someone cancelled their trip and AAA had already recieved the packet.

Just and FYI to anyone thinking about it.

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY said:
RECREATION

15% discount off Water Therapy or body treatments (massage, facial and hand and food treatments excluded; age restrictions apply) at WDW Grand Floridian Spa and Saratoga Springs Spa.
10% off spa and salon services at Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa (packages not included)

MERCHANDISE
10% off purchases at: World of Disney Store (not applicable to Disney ticket media, gift certificates,videos,Disney dollars, food items,sundries,film,periodicals,digital camera services,Lladro,Armani,Hummel,Swarovski Crystal,Walt Disney Classic Collection and other selected merchandise), Planet Hollywood, House of Blues, Bongos Cuban Cafe.

I got all excited about the discount at the GF spa and then learned that it didn't include massages :guilty:

This info is good to know though! Thanks for posting it!!!!! I will be using my AAA card at World of Disney...

msmayor said:
Those discounts are for AAA packages only; in your travel documents they send you a special AAA Diamond Discount Card. The regular AAA membership card does not entitle you to the benefits.

We had the Diamond Card, and at Winter-Summerland they asked to see that card specifically; the CM said the regular AAA was not valid for discounts. Same at Planet Hollywood.

Oh wait...that stinks! Oh well, I guess it was too good to be true!

ttfn,
TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter