AA Online Check In Question???

RLM

Earning My Ears
If you have baggage is there any real advantage in using this,as opposed to just going to curbside check-in? :smooth:

According to the AA website, they recommend using their "convenient OneStop Curbside Check-In" if you are checking bags. I really think the online checkin is meant for people who aren't checking bags and just want to go right to the plane and board. If you have to check your luggage, you may as well get your boarding passes at the same time. When in doubt though, call the airline and ask.

At least at my airport (STL), AA is super-strict about the time-deadline for checking in bags. Check the posted deadline the day before you leave (it can change on you), and whatever you do, DON'T MISS THE DEADLINE!

If they say that the bags must be checked one hour before the scheduled flight time, be sure that you get them checked by that deadline. We were at the airport an hour and 45 minutes ahead of time, but we ended up in a long bag-check line, and we missed the deadline by 2 minutes (yes, you read that correctly, two minutes.) They refused to let us on the flight. At that time, they were charging to let people fly standby, so those two minutes cost us nearly $500 in cash. I think they have backed down on that charge now, but they are still being really strict about that bag deadline.

If you are at all running late, drop the necessary people off to get the bags checked first thing, then worry about the car, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter