A very unChristmasy Treehouse Adventure

Day 7 (31/12/13) - New years eve!

Today we didn't need to get anywhere early so everyone had a lay in, me and Kirsty decided that we wanted to go to DTD to do some shopping,

As we were getting ready we noticed the boat at the dock from our lounge window( I told you we were close to the boat dock) and had to run down to catch the boat whist we still putting on cardigan and shoes etc. and we did catch it.

Now at DTD we headed towards the shop i had been looking forward to visiting since our last trip in 2011, this shop being TrenD. I was not disappointed as I purchased a pink/purple sequin mickey top(it's not a s ugly as it sounds) to match the pink dooney and bourke bag i brought with Mandy, when we were celebrating our birthdays sipping cocktails in London. I also brought a mickey summer dress. Kirsty got a blue mickey christmas jumper.

We went into world of Disney and i got my mandatory photo album and just had a look around at the merchandise to get ideas for gifts.

We walked back to the treehouse via Saratoga and popped into the shop where me and Kirsty Purchased some tea and coffee pots.

when we arrived back we went to look by the pool as we knew Terry and Sara would be there.

We started to get ready as we had an early ADR at the rose and crown. We then got a cab to the beach club and had a walk around the boardwalk area as Sara had never been to it before. We headed into the park and went to the pub for a quick drink before our ADR at the Rose & Crown for 4:45.

Once 4:40 came we went to the Restaurant and was eventually seated outside, which was great for viewing Illuminations.

Sara got the English Rose cocktail

For starters

Mark, Terry and Sara had:
Scotch Egg - Golden fried hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat with mustard sauce - $9.49

I had:
Trio of United Kingdom Cheese - with Accompaniments. - $10.49

For mains

Mark& Terry had:
Fish and Chips - Batter-fried fresh Cod served with English chips and Garden peas. - $18.99

Kirsty:
Indian-style Chicken Masala - with Seasonal Vegetables, Basmati Rice, crispy Pappadam, and Raita - $17.99

perhaps I had too much to drink but I can't remember what anyone had but Kirsty had a vague idea of these three meals(being sober).

It was getting dark and there was an announcement that Illuminations will be showing earlier tonight due to the New Years celebrations.

We decided that it would be nice to eat our desserts and watch the fireworks.

here's what we had

Bakewell Tart - . - $5.49

Jaffa Tarts- Orange cream filled cakes with chocolate ganache, raspberry sauce and fresh oranges - $5.99

As we started to tuck into these the fireworks started. We had a great view from where we were sitting!

It was coming up to 7 so we quickly paid the bill and hopped over to the bar area inside the rose and crown to celebrate UK New years, it was jam packed!:crowded:

We slowly pushed our way out of the pub so we could walk around the world hoping to buy drinks from a couple of the countries.

Terry and Sara purchases some 2014 glasses as they were getting into the spirit of new years

We had made our way to about mexico when we hit a traffic jam!

It turned out to be very difficult to actually buy any drinks as the queues were extremely long. Luckily I still had my large drink from the UK with me.

We eventually made it to China.

Having reached Germany, Mark noticed a small queue at a beer stand and brought him & Terry another pint sadly it only sold beer.

Now slowing making our way back to the UK to the trusted pub we made a quick stop in France where we brought two Kir Royales. One for Sara and one for me and Kirsty to share.

We spent the rest of our time watching the British Revolution and going back and forth to the pub for our drinks.

We watched the fireworks at midnight and celebrated new year!:dance3:

At around 12:45 we made our way back to the beach club to try and get a taxi back. Though the queue infront of us wasn't that long there were very few cabs turning up although Kevin (Remember this man he reappears on another day) from Bell services kept calling for taxis.

Finally we squashed ourselves into a 5 seater and made our way back. I really enjoyed this night!

Next day New Years Day

What a great New Years Eve, I have so many wonderful memories of seeing in the New Year at Epcot. Were there dj's in some of the countries ? It's such a fun night, you look like you all enjoyed yourselves ::yes::

Day 8 - New years day!

Today was always going to be a bit of a lazy day due to the late night before. However me and Kirsty were up early and waited closer the time the shops would open before legging it to the boat waiting at the dock. Sadly we still got there too early and had to wait another 15 minutes before shops would open. Weather wasn't great as it was drizzly so hoods went up.

We went into D street in West side before making our way to Market place. Now in WoD we brought gifts for people at home. Then headed back to TrenD as there the top i brought yesterday was in another colour but ended up not buying it. We then went to the kitchen shop where Kirsty brought herself a coffee cup with the birds from nemo on (which I have already ruined by putting in the dishwasher...looks like we are getting another cup when we go back)

Now Kirsty saw an opportunity to drag me into Goofy's candy co where they were giving out free sample of peanut butter cookies. We had buy our own one as it was sooo good and rice krispy mickey head for the rest of the group. How yummy does this all look!

Rain was starting to get heavy now so it was a cue to head back. We got the boat from market place to west side then back to the the treehouses this went quite smoothly. Terry and Mark were watching football just as we left them :happytv:

We took it easy and booked an ADR at the Turf Club for our evening meal as it is just a boat ride away.

After we got ready( I had to wear my themed Saratoga top) we then went to the boat dock and met our darling captain Eric (not to be confused for the prince and no he hasn't got a dog called max)

He kindly took a photo of us ( his lovely crew)

We arrived early for our ADR so used the time to have a quick cocktail.

Now we were seated and had a look at the menu and was very glad we came here.

These are some of the starters we had

Baked Brie - with prosciutto and raspberry preserves $11.99

Crab Cake - with sweet chili and garlic aioli $13.49

these were delicious

now for dinner

me and Sara had

Turf Club Pasta - with Shrimp, Garlic, Lemon, Butter, and Parsley $19.99; as a vegetarian entree $16.99; with grilled chicken $17.99

Crispy Free-Range Chicken Breast - with Rthree-cheese casserole and braised greens $18.99

We all really enjoyed our meal but me and Sara had noticed on the cocktail menu, flights of Godiva chocolate liquor and it was a must have!

ALL GONE! one of the best desserts well cocktail I've had.

Everyone else had coffees and Kirsty had frozen cappuccino

So we all went back the treehouse and watch a bit of telly before going to bed.

Next day Animal Kingdom and boardwalk.

What a great New Years Eve, I have so many wonderful memories of seeing in the New Year at Epcot. Were there dj's in some of the countries ? It's such a fun night, you look like you all enjoyed yourselves ::yes::

Yes there were a few DJ's in some of the countries one being an Australian DJ playing in UK.

It all looks amazing ...especially the cocktails :thumbsup2

Can't believe how crowded the World Showcase is at New Years .... not sure I could cope with that :eek::eek:

Loving the foodie and drinkie pics, especially the flight of martinis. I must get back out there for New Year one day, your pics make me realise how great it is :)

Day 9 - Animal Kingdom

Up bright and early for our ADR at Rainforest cafe at the Animal Kingdom. Today we had Fastpass+ for Safari, EE and Dinosaur.

Our breakfast today was:

Me:
Pie of the Viper - Fresh baked Mexican-style breakfast pizza brushed with salsa and topped with scrambled eggs, Roma tomatoes, red, green & Poblano peppers, and cheddar cheeses and four-cheese blend. $12.99; add bacon or sausage to pizza $.99

Kirsty:
Tonga Toast - Cinnamon French toast with warm maple syrup topped with fresh strawberries and bananas and served with your choice of bacon or sausage. $10.99

Mark & Terry:
Ozzie's Omelette - 3-egg omelette with your choice of 3: cheddar cheese, onions, mushrooms, sausage, bacon, ham, green bell peppers, spinach, black olives, tomato or broccoli. Served with breakfast potatoes and toast $11.99; add additional items $.50

Sara:
Benedict Bamba - Traditional Eggs Benedict: Toasted English muffin halves, poached eggs, Canadian bacon, topped with Hollandaise sauce. Accompanied by breakfast potatoes. $11.99

Again all delicious. We made our way out through the shop before entering AK

Sara noticed that It's a Bug Life was a walk on so decided it was best to see it now before it gets crowded.

After the show we headed towards EE catching a brief look at the monkeys playing on the way.

Having went on EE and didn't get caught by the yeti we now went towards our next fastpass the safari.

The driver we had was great and made the journey a pleasure. We got very close to a lot of animals on the trip and had a great photo opportunity of one of the lions.

After that we went on the Pangani Trek instead of our usual maharajah jungle trek which we did not get round to doing on the holiday.

We were all really impressed with the hippo swimming around although it was hard to get a picture as there were so many fish and occasionally had a photobombing fish or two.

we could only see one meerkat today

but found couple of gorillas

We were equally impressed with the posing gorilla

Now the trek over we went to our last Fastpass of the day my favourite Dinosaur

We left AK and headed towards the car.

We made our way now to the premium outlets but even before being the in car park there was a huge queue. We tried finding a space but had no luck and decided that tomorrow morning when it opens would be a easier way to do it.

We went to goodings on the way back to get some extra bits and bobs.

Having returned back to the treehouse Kirsty went for a few lengths at the swimming pool.

seeing as it was getting close to our ADR we started to get ready. Here's some photos Kirsty took while she was waiting for everyone to get ready

Now suited and booted we went in search of Sanaa which was not in the main building but in Kidani Village which we didn't know

But we took advantage of the christmas tree in the main building before realizing we were not near the correct restaurant

Now still in search of Sanaa we were informed it was in the other building and that we would either have to get a bus there or drive as it was impossible to walk(which we later found out not to be true)

Finally having drove to the correct area we found Sanaa.

We sat in the bar and had a drink before our table was ready

We were seated in a lovely booth

We all shared

Sampler for Two - Potato and Pea Samosas, Lamb Kefta Sliders, and a choice of Chana Tikki or Seasonal Soup $15.99

For mains

Me, Terry and Mark had:

Slow Cooked in Gravy, Simple and Well Seasoned
Choice of two served with Basmati Rice or Five-grain pilaf $22.99

Butter Chicken
Spicy Durban Chicken or Shrimp
Beef Short Ribs
Sustainable Fish with Goan Curry

Me and mark both opted for the spicy druban chicken and shrimp and Terry had Butter chicken and beef short ribs

Kirsty and Sara both had:

From the Tandoor Ovens
Served with seasonal slaw and corinader khichdi

Tandoori Chicken $19.99

We all agreed this was one of our favorite meals of the holiday.

We had a liquor coffee to end the meal before going back to the treehouse

Next day Premium outlets and house of blues

Day 10 (3/1/14)- Shopping! and house of blues

After yesterday's difficulties in parking at the premium outlets we made sure we got to the outlets at opening time and still some available parking spaces.

We split up into 3 groups. Me and Kirsty went across the road to the newer outlet shops whist the rest went to the main shopping area.

We first went into Forever 21 for Kirsty and she brought two tops and a skirt all very cheaply. I wanted to have a quick look into the Ugg shop but ended up buying a pair of grey Uggs

We met up with the rest the group in Tommy Hilfiger and all decided we might as well stop off in DTD for a shop and some lunch before heading back to treehouse

We made a quick stop in basin to buy some more bath goodies

on route to Earl of Sandwich we got friendly with the locals

The EOS was packed as usual so we found a seat outside and began our wait in the never ending queue.

Finally me and Kirsty made it to the counter and ordered:

The Original 1762 - fresh roasted beef, cheddar and creamy horseradish sauce for Mark

Tuna Melt - albacore tuna salad and Swiss cheese for Terry and Kirsty

Italian - salami, capicola, roasted ham, mortadella, mozzarella cheese, roma tomato and Zesty Italian dressing (peppers optional) for Sara

and

Holiday Turkey - turkey, stuffing, gravy and cranberry minus the gravy for me.

We finished our yummy sandwiches and headed towards WOD store. As me and Kirsty had already been in twice and mark not being overly fused we decided to walk back to the treehouse leaving Terry and Sara to have a bit of shopping time alone.

On our walk back we noticed we had previously been walking around the long way through Saratoga rather then the path straight to the treehouses, so very pleased with ourselves for finally discovering this pathway.

We had a lazy afternoon in the treehouse watching a film and sitting on the deck briefly before it began to get cold.

We had planned to get the boat straight to our ADR at House of Blues which was conveniently next to our boat dock at Westside. However it was windy and the boats were not running yet and we had to take the bus, which meant we were tight for time but made it in the end.

To start we shared the

Aaron's Meatball Sliders - Two slow braised beef short rib sliders simmered in fresh tomato sauce, topped with Cotija cheese, served on a potato bun. $9.99

and

BBQ Chicken - Topped with our smoked tomato BBQ sauce, Mozzarella cheese, grilled marinated chicken, roasted red onion and garnished with fresh chopped cilantro. $13.99

Now for mains

I had :

The Heat Seeker
Certified Angus beef patty topped with pulled pork, pickled jalapeño peppers, buffalo sauce, Pepper Jack cheese on a brioche bun

Sara:

Lobster Mac & Cheese - Poached lobster meat in a creamy cheese sauce and topped with crunchy panko breadcrumbs. $20.99

Mark and Terry:
St. Louis Ribs - Slow cooked ribs rubbed with adobo spice covered in smoked tomato BBQ sauce, served with drunken beans and sweet citrus champagne slaw. Full Rack $24.99, Half Rack $14.99

and Kirsty had :

Spicy Chicken Pasta
New Orleans style breaded chicken breast, served on top of penne pasta in our original spicy cream sauce made with TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce and topped with diced tomatoes and Asiago cheese

Delicious!!!

We made our way out.

We had a quick shop around Westside, I quickly went to market place to get some ghirardelli chocolates for my mum while the rest of the group looked around the Harley Davidson shop.

We quickly stopped off in the sweet shop brought some goodies for when we are back in the treehouse.

The boats were now back on and running so we got the boat back and settled in with our goodies

Here's what Kirsty got ( her first ever disney toffee apple)

We now headed to bed as we have a early start for Universal.

Next day Universal and Boardwalk

Day 11 (4/1/14) - Universal and Boardwalk

Up bright and early for our first day at Universal but Sara was feeling a little under the weather:sick:

So it was just four of us today as Sara wanted to have a rest day.

We had to exchange our annual pass vouchers before entering the park( the studios)

We rushed in to avoid the crowds on rip ride rocket which was pretty much a walk on while making our way there we noticed that the new minion attraction was already a 40 min wait . I could see why rip ride rocket was a walk on as it was freezing once on the ride and I couldn't get my song of choice gutted. Someone in our group happened to lose something on the first drop :eek:Terry who was waiting outside the ride asked us if one of us had dropped something on the ride and Kirsty grudgingly replied yes. her hairband went flying off within seconds of being on the ride and we watched the video evidence.

We headed towards the transformers ride it was also a walk on, which was a surprise as it was one of the newest rides. None of us were impressed with it and most of us didn't have a clue what was going on.

Next we went on the mummy which again straight on and was pretty much empty was as good as always.

By now we could see the park was basically empty expect the minions attraction.

On our way to Men in Black we spotted Hogwarts express and marveled at it we continued and saw some building works as we didn't research the new harry potter attractions we didn't know what it was until Terry pointed out that it looked like Kings Cross Station. From there we guessed that you would be getting the train from there to Hogsmeade.

Now outside Men in black i opted out of riding to be the bag carrier. It drives me mad that at universal you have to use a locker for your bags but not at Disney.
While i was waiting it was a perfect opportunity to take some pictures of the pug merchandise as I had been missing Max pug:

Mark comes out with smug grin on his face yes he won again. This also had no one queuing

Now to the new Springfield. The others went on The Simpsons ride while I gave it a miss and explored the new area and it's inhabitants.

Having looked around Springfield which was sadly mostly closed due to the early time, we went towards E.T as Kirsty wanted to go on it, the others were less keen. So just me and Kirsty went onto E.T, I loved it and i have the front bike and E.T was in the basket of my bike not Kirsty's and not anyone else's.:laughing:

After E.T said my name ( I mean everyone's names but i'm his favorite) we left and went towards Terminator show. On route we managed to catch the minion parade

We went to the Terminator but the next showing wasn't for awhile so we left it and went towards the exit checking out the minion shop and main shop
as we left.

Mark wanted a coffee and went to Starbucks, Me and Kirsty took up this opportunity to grab a Cinnabon to share

We quickly stopped off at Goodings to grab some supplies and we were on our way back. We got to the treehouse at around 12 .

We relaxed and started to get ready for our ADR at Kouzzina at the Boardwalk.

Kirsty didn't feel well and was in two minds about going. She decided it was best to stay and rest. As we were walking out the door she quickly jumped up and chased us as she once again changed her mind.

We arrived early so that we could soak in the Boardwalk atmosphere.

Someone made it onto the photo twice. Kirsty taking a photo on the left side then again posing on the right.

We went into Boardwalk shops and brought a couple of things then headed to the restaurant.

It was a really good atmosphere in Kouzzina and i really enjoyed it.

For starters we shared:

Kouzzina Sampler - Choice of two Skewers with Marinated Olives, spiced cashews, Dolmades, Tzatziki Hummus and Grilled Pita (choose from Spicy Gulf Prawns, Sesame Lamb Meatballs or all natural chicken. - $17.99

For mains

Me, Mark and Sara had:

Kouzzina Trio - Tasting size portions of Greek Style Lasagna, char grilled Lamb Burger and Cinnamon stewed Chicken with Orzo - $21.99

Kirsty and Terry:

Kirsty was really glad she came out and didn't feel as bad as the evening progressed.

We went to the Boardwalk bakery and brought some treats for tomorrow.

We sat out on the Boardwalk deck by the main entrance and watched a magician before making our way back to the treehouse for our final night sleep there.

Next Day: Bay Lake Tower,Magic Kingdom and V&A

A great couple of days Sue, with a good mixture of parks, food and shopping :) Loving your pics too ::yes::

(5/1/14) Part 1 Bay Lake Towers and Magic Kingdom

Today we pack up and leave the treehouse and move to Bay Lake Tower for our first time there.

We got to BLT with our car suitably packed. We went to the check in and received new Magic Bands. I got a telling off as we didn't check out of the treehouse villa,I was also informed we were the family of the month there but will never know what it means as we didn't check out.
Our room wasn't ready just yet and said they would phone us when it was and we could put our bags in bell service.

We took the opportunity to go to Magic Kingdom so headed to the Contemporary to get the monorail.

While on the monorail we quickly made our Fastpasses + for Splash Mountain, Pirates of Caribbean and Buzz Lightyear .

We finally got to the park after some delays on the monorail and went straight to our first Fastpass Splash Mountain

Once we got suitably soaked we noticed a small queue for Jessie.

We next headed to PoC where we sat behind the loudest group of girls who loved Johnny Depp as every time he popped up they would scream his name.

Now to our final fasspass of the day Buzz lightyear. while walking to Tomorrow Land we stopped to marvel at the weather which was lovely

We went on buzz which broke down while we were on it so some of our group took this opportunity to get some extra points.

This time it was Kirsty who came out looking smug announcing that she has finally beaten Mark.

We all thought it was best to head back to see if our room was ready. But quickly popped into some shops while Mark went to get a coffee in Starbucks.
Sara and Kirsty convinced me that I needed to get this bag.

Yes that is another Dooney and Bourke bag to my collection.

Just before we exited the park we spotted Marie

We left the park and got the monorail to the Contemporary.

We went to the check in and our room was ready.7617 on the 6th floor facing Bay Lake. We rang up bell service for our bags and the man who brought them up was none other then Kevin who had helped us get a taxi on new year. Now it was his mission to help us find a missing bag which was done in a quick 10 minutes

the room was amazing

We had such a nice view from our room.

We started to get ready for our meal at Victoria & Albert's tonight.

We then went to the Top of the World lounge for a drink beforehand and to watch Wishes before we head off to eat.

On our way to dinner now

Day 12 continues in the next post : V&A

Day 12 (5/1/14) Part 2.

We arrived early so had time to take some photos of the GF.

We arrived at Victoria & Albert's

We got our personalized menu's

4 of us had the wine pairings and 1 of us had non alcoholic apple cider

We started off with Champagne- Piper Heidsieck Cuvee 1785 NV Brut

We started off with the Amuse-Bouche

First Course

Me, Kirsty , Sara and Terry;
Pintade Fermiere Verrine with Fuji Apples and Walnuts
Wine - Poets leap Riesling, Columbia Valley 2011

Mark:
Octopus "A La Plancha" with Black Garlic Aioli
Wine- Granbazan "Etiqueta Ambar" Albarino, Rias Baixas 2011

Second Course

Me and Sara:
Maine Diver Scallop with Cauliflower and Glace de Viande.
Wine- Mer Soleil Reserve Chardonnay, Santa Lucia Highlands 2011

Mark and Terry:
Loch Duart Salmon with Mushrooms and Porcini Sauce
Wine- Vajra "Albe" Barolo, Italy 2009

Kirsty:
She doesn't like Fish so choose something of the vegetarian menu
Butternut Squash Agnolotti

Third course

Me:
Palmetto Farms Quail with Asian Pears, Serrano Ham Jus
Wine-Highflyer Centreline Syrah Blend, Napa 2008

Kirsty,Sara, Mark and Terry:
Mangalitsa Pork with Zellwood Corn and Stine Ground Grits
Wine - Grgish Hills Estate Merlot, Napa Valley 2007

Forth Course

Me and Terry:
Roasted Duck with Fennel and leeks, "A l'Orange"
Wine- Belle Glos "Dairyman Vineyard" Pinot Noir, Russain River Valley 2011

Kirsty, Sara and Mark:
Niman Ranch Lamb with Butternut squash Agnolotti (which Kirsty loved on her previous dish and was extremely happy to have it again)
Wine- "Numanthia" Tinta de Toro, Spain 2009

It's time to bring out the coffee Maker

Fifth Course

Me , Sara and Mark
Parmigiano Reggiano, Fiscalini Cheddar, Fourme d'Ambet, Gouda Reypenaer
Wine- Quinta do Crasto Late Bottled Vintage Porto 2007

Kirsty and Terry:
Roasted White Chocolate Gelato With Balsamic Glaze
Wine - Bosio Moscato D'Asti, Santo Stefano Belbo 2011.

By now I really couldn't catch up on the wine pairings

Sixth Course

Me:
Apple Quark Panna Cotta

Kirsty and Terry:
Caramelized Banana Gateau

Sara:
Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee

Mark:
Grand Marnier Souffle

We Finished our meal and Dom our waiter took our photo

And here's one with Dom who was also my waiter there in 2006 back when they were not waiters but butlers.

We left the Restaurant and headed towards the monorail. But wait the monorail was closed for the night so had to get a free cab ride back courtesy of the GF.

Next day Magic Kingdom and Steakhouse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter