A truly novice question

ladyandthescamp

Earning My Ears
How do you get from your resort to another resort for a dinner PS? Are there buses for every resort just as there are for the parks? Thanks :)

Basically, there is only formal WDW transportation from the resorts to the parks, water parks and DTD- there is no formal transportation from resort to resort. However, monorail resorts are linked to each other- hopping between them on the monorail is easy and fast. Certain other resorts are linked on the same bus route(s) such as the Epcot-area resorts (Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin, Yacht Club). But this is really unnecessary there since all are a short walk away from each other. Other than that, resort-to-resort is really done via car or cab. For example, when we stay at the Beach Club and have breakfast at O'Hanas at the Polyneisian, we take a cab. On the way back we take the monorail to MK and catch a Beach Club bus going back or ride the monorail into Epcot and walk back from Epcot through the International gateway.

When we want to resort hop, we take a bus or what ever to the closest park or DTD and then catch a different resort bus from there. So, if we are staying at POFQ, we might take a boat to DTD and then catch a bus to AKL or something. :wave2:

We do the same...pick a bus going to the park closest to the resort you want to go to and then take the resort bus from there. The transportation center is an option if it's later and the parks are closing, but we found it just as easy to hop on a bus from a park.

If you don't have a car, and don't want to take a cab, you just need to allow a little more time - we do it all of the time.

Using the example given - Beach Club to Poly for breakfast, I would take a bus to the MK and then boat or monorail to the Poly.

For dinner, it depends on the time and if the MK was still open. If not, an alternative (again using Beach Club to Poly), would be to walk or take the boat to Epcot, walk thru Epcot, and take the monorail to the TTC. You can walk to the Poly from the TTC.

We don't drive at when we go to Disney - we have found many different ways to get to where we need to go. Just allow up to an hour to get there.

(This is probably a more appropriate question for the transportation board.)

:wave2:

We've always been given a transportation map when checking in and although we can figure it out for ourselves - I think the map will tell you how to go between resorts. Allow plenty of time, going between two resorts can take awhile, depending on which resorts.

Another thing to do is to ask for recommendations at the front desk of your hotel. They can tell you the easiest way.

We were VERY lucky when we did our resort hopping. (We checked out AKL and the monorail resorts when we stayed at CSR.) We took the bus from CSR to AK then from AK to AKL. It took only 10 minutes because the buses seemed like they were just waiting for us. We got off one bus right onto the other right before it left. That is SO unlike my usual luck! When we sent to Chef Mickey's, we took the bus to MK, then the monorail. Took less than 30 minutes, maybe even 20. I had planned on alot longer. We even got to sit in the front of the monorail. HOpe your resort hopping goes as easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter