A trip full of Triple Stay / Annual Pass / VIPassholder Fun - A Late Feb/Early March Trip

Day Five: Our New Home

After dinner, we headed out to find our new room. I ended up booking a DVC room with our Annual Passholder discount, it was cheaper than a standard room at the Poly. So, I figured we would give it a try!

We did get a room reservation text around 3:30, we were in the Pago Pago Building 2nd Floor. I didn't make any requests for room location. I figured pretty much any where at this resort would be fine for us. It isn't that big and we were there for 2 days. I was also hoping that we might get upgraded?!?! But no such luck.

There was a lot of people hanging out by the pool and counter service area. And lots of kids playing on this one patch of terf.
Gwen Cartwheel
Gwen decided to squeeze in a cartwheel. (Also note, how nice it looks outside right now)

We walked down to find our building and headed to the 2nd floor. My magic band worked with no problem!

Poly Room
Before I could snap any pictures, Andy was laying on the bed.

The girls immediatly noticed there there was only 1 bed.
Poly Room Pull Down Bed
So, I showed them the pull down bed which Gwen wanted to sleep in again. But of course so did Morgan.

Poly Pull down Bed
Guess who won that battle?

I showed Morgan that the couch pulled out as well, and she was happy with the bigger sleeping version for the night.

Since we were in a DVC Studio, we had 2 bathrooms. And they were HUGE!!!! And I have to say, kind of a waste of space. I thought I took pictures of the bathrooms, but don't seem to have any. The one shower was clearly to be the adult shower and had an awsome waterfall type shower head and was a standup shower. And then the other, was more of a "normal" disney bathroom. Both were beautiful but big. We ended up all using the "adult" one, because even the girls wanted to use the fancy shower.

Now this was our first DVC room ever, so I am not sure how the bathroom sizes compare in other rooms. But I did get double tolieteries!!!!
Tolietries
heavenly! Caribean beach had the wall mount ones. Which I am honestly ok with but take so much joy in the little bottles.

One of the bathrooms had this print haning on the wall.
Poly Room Mermaid Picture
Gwen liked it a lot.

We actually had (2) balcony's to our room.
Poly Balcony
This one, was your "normal" balcony facing into the resort and the other long houses. Small but got the job done.

And then one on the Parking Lot side as well.
Front Balcony
We were directly above the entrance facing the parking lot. And I have to say, if you are driving, this is probably the best long house. You can pull up right at the front door, unload your car and bring your stuff up. Plus we were fairly evenly located between the main long house and the TTC.

Front Balcony

We didn't have any noise issues at all. I was worried a little with being right by the parking lot. But it was nice and quiet.

While I was taking in the room, Andy and the girls were doing this:
Poly Room
Disney had dropped the trailer for the new season of Clone Wars TV that will be on the Disney Plus when it comes out. And as my handle name says... I am in fact a mom of 2 star wars loving girls.

You also get a good view of the room, the other REALLY nice thing in this room... There were side tables on BOTH sides of the bed AND there were usb ports in both, so we could both charge our phones and have them near us. Which is really nice, as Disney seems no longer put clocks in there rooms half of the time.

Overall we really loved the room. Morgan did say that the pull out bed was NOT comfortable. And 2 nights was more than enough for her. And for that reason, I am not sure we will do another DVC room. At least, not unless some of the other DVC rooms have more comfortable beds.

We spent the rest of the afternoon/early evening resting in the room.
Poly Room Gwen in a box.
Gwen apparently got bored and discovered a box to climb in... Andy says she is like a house cat some times... Evidence #1.

While we were hanging out in the room, we called for our bags. At the poly, they came fairly quickly. And I was able to unpack us a little. Granted I didn't want to unpack TOO much, as we weren't staying for that many nights.

Up next rain and a fun night with dis-friends!

Your Poly room looks great. I had no idea they had 2 balcony's and bathrooms!!!! Poly is Casey's favorite resort and I'm sure she would love Gwens little bed

We should have gone here!!!! We will never get a reservation for her. I actually have one for us to try and eat with Andy's Sister and family later in the week with literally NO alerts AT ALL on it. But I am not surprised by it. We are going to Spice Road instead and I am looking forward to it. Have you guys been there yet?
No chance I could get Jason to Ohana. I've had it come up day of and he always poopoos it. Reminds him too much of a buffet I think.

No we haven't done Spice Road. Looks like our kind of place just never on my radar

Last edited:
Ha. I know. I want to try the Peter Pan float but I keep forgetting about it! There is too much Ice cream to try in MK right now!
Yes me too! There are too many options in MK to get through in one trip I think :laughing:

But everyone can sign with relief that he has his tail back!
Oh thank heavens! :worship:

This is the only picture from the ride... so... enjoy! And your welcome!
:rotfl:

Although, it wasn't the happiest cruise. We had a family behind us who were so rude!
Ugh! I get so frustrated by people like this. Like, you're on vacation, just enjoy the experiences! I'm glad you didn't let it spoil your fun too much. I love that ride! It's so nostalgic for me and reminds me of going as a kid.

Lapu Lapu
Myers’s Original Dark Rum and Tropical Fruit Juices served in a fresh Pineapple topped with Goslings 151 Rum
The Lapu Lapu! So good!
Yum! I wanna try one of these :thumbsup2

‘Ohana Bread Pudding à la mode
Oooh, yummy! But yeah, the portion looked so small for all of you! I make this recipe for most holidays - found the recipe on AllEars. Sooo good!

The Poly room sounds great. My girls also fought over the pull down bed at our BW studio. Kids are weird :-)

I was really excited about the Disney toiletries, too. I understand why they're moving to the dispensers, but I'll be sad to see the little bottles go.

Your Poly room looks great. I had no idea they had 2 balcony's and bathrooms!!!! Poly is Casey's favorite resort and I'm sure she would love Gwens little bed
I think the two balcony's is because we were directly above the entrance.

Morgan was smart, though. We had a pull down bed at Caribean Beach and she def perfered the big queen bed all to herself.

No we haven't done Spice Road. Looks like our kind of place just never on my radar
I will let you know how it is! Hopefully we keep the reservation. I could see us cancelling it. But we will see.

Yum! I wanna try one of these :thumbsup2
You can order them at the pool but they come in a plastic cup. What fun is that?!!?

The Poly room sounds great. My girls also fought over the pull down bed at our BW studio. Kids are weird :-)
Sisters... I mean they will fight over something even if they don't actually want it!

Day Five: Rain and Dis-Meets for all ages!

So, I wanted to say in my last post, that the switching of hotels was super easy. The hardest part is packing us back up and dragging the suitcases down to bell services. I know we could have them pick them up in the room, but I just didn't want to wait. But having them move the bags to the next resort was super helpful, for sure and we had no issues.

I left us off chilling in the room. While we were resting, it started to rain at some point. Gwen was keeping watch on the rain situation, and every once in awhile would check to see if it was still raining or not.

I was texting with @kastoney about meeting up. They were at the California Grill for dinner. I was also keeping in touch with @chunkymonkey as they were going to be at the event tonight as well.

Tonight was the VIPassholder event in Magic Kingdom! I was soooooo excitied when it was announced. It worked perfectly into our schedule with us being at the Poly and the next day already planned to be a rest day!

But the weather at the moment was terrible. It was a little chilly and def raining... Andy was starting to feel some aches in his back, so was a bit crabby. And Morgan was being crabby as well. Finally, I got everyone moving and Andy and I agreed that if his back was bothering him too much, he would head back and take either of the girls back with him if they were done as well.

We were closer to the TTC, so we walked that way to get on the monorail. Gwen had put her poncho on backwards, and I tried to switch it but that just made her made, because she was just getting herself wet. So, now I had 3 crabby people with me!

On the monorail, I tried to talk up the event and perk everyone up. It was still raining when we got to Magic Kingdom. BUT the good news was, since it was raining and the Happily Ever After Fireworks had already happened. There really wasn't a crowd. And they just had people standing at the gate giving out the wristbands for the event.

So, we were quickly inside the park. I asked the girls what we wanted to do and Gwen wanted to ride Pooh. Which is something we almost never ride, but I figured this is the time to do it. There is no line! So, off we went.

Winnie The Pooh
We checked out the que a tiny bit as we walked through it.

Winne the Pooh
played the watermelon drums...

Winnie The Pooh
Found Pilget in some honey.... (this by the way I find really cool but also super gross. I mean how many kids touch that thing in a day! I hope they wipe that thing down good each night!)

Winnie The Pooh
Pooh was fun. It's def not my favorite but I know it has a purpose. I hate that you can barely take pictures in it! It just moves way too fast!

Once we got off of Pooh, I had a text from Kari that they were over by Peter Pan. So we agreed to meet there.

Caroseul
The park was empty! Between the fact that it was an event and rainy, really kept the crowds low. It was perfect!

Caroseul
Especially after the busy day it was during the day! Almost crazy how different it was.

We met up with Kari and family along with Su-Lynn and Steve in front of Peter Pan. Said some hellos and introductions, for you know the non-dis board readers of our families. These were my 5th & 6th dis-meets (at the time) I think. And I always get a little nervous meeting them. It's like you know each other but don't.

We decided to go on It's a Small World, as Peter Pan still had a decent wait.

SW_The Girls
Casey, Morgan and Gwen took a liking to each other almost immediatly. The 3 sat in the front together. And the adults filled in the rest of the boat. We talked pretty much the whole way through the ride BUT we had the boat to ourselves. the only ones we were probably annoying were the kids.

SW_9:45 PM
The event must have officially started at 9:00 because, according to my picture, it was already 9:45!

After our ride with the dolly's (as Gwen used to call the ride), the 3 girls said they wanted to ride Big Thunder Mountain. Everyone agreed. So we headed that way with a pit stop at the Tangled Bathrooms.
the Girls

There was no wait at BTM, as Morgan and Gwen requested the back. They also wanted Casey to ride with them.
Big Thunder Mountain Waiting

Big Thunder Selfie
A Big Thunder Selfie!

It was def the wildest ride in the wilderness, and the girls wanted to ride again. So, with no wait, we walked through and got on for a second time.
BTM Again

I think as we were leaving BTM, Su-Lynn did a little facetime with @Lesley Wake. She was sad she was missing out on what turned out to be a very last minute meet up! We all said hello as we walked along.

After that, Casey had requested we go see the Country Bears. But when we got over there, they had just started a show. So, someone suggested Pirates instead. Gwen hates this ride but said she still wanted to sit with the kids.

Magic Kingdom_Pirates Chunky Boat
Not a complete Chunky Boat but close! You can see Gwen covering her eyes. She does this now for the first couple scenes with the skeletons and stuff and then she is totally fine with the ride.

Clearly some of us were on our photo game better than others. I think I showed this to Andy later and he said he didn't even know there was a picture for this ride. oops.

Pretty sure we hit the bathrooms by Pirates as well after. And then we headed towards Space Mountain. The girls wanted to ride that as well.

tomorrowland
By now it had turned into a light drizzle, so we were all slowly shedding our ever so fashionable ponchos.

We decided to ride the People Mover first. As any good Dis-folk should!

Andy and I ended up in the same car as the girls.
People Mover_The Girls
Gave Kari and Jason a car all to themselves. When the cars split, we were in seperate cars, which the girls thought was a amazing. And were watching to see if they would catch up or not.

People Mover
The chaparones in the car.

After we decided to ride Buzz as there was no wait and it was literally right there.

Buzz
Buzz is actually another one that we don't ride often. It usually has a wait and it is just not as fun as Toy Story Mania....

Here the girls couldn't all ride toghether and all shoot. Casey and Gwen, being closer in age wanted to ride together. Which of course made Morgan a little sad. But I asked her to ride with me. and it seemed to appease her enough.

All I have to say, is I some how KILLED IT this time!!!
Buzz Scores
Honestly I must have hit a high scoring target by luck!

And I don't know how or why but I have all of our photopass photos of us on this ride! (actually I also had a ALOT of strangers photos as well)

MK_Buzz_CaseyGwen
Gwen and Casey looking SUPER serious. And I just love this photo. Something about them both being so small in the car by themselves...

MK_Buzz_MeandMo
Me and Morgan to busy trying to defeat Zurg to get a decent ride photo.

MK_Buzz_Andy
Andy all by himself making what I think is his "concentrating" face.

Magic Kingdom_Kari Buzz
Kari and Jason living the child free dream!

Magic Kingdom_Su-Lynn
And Su-Lynn and Steve. Notice how they are both smiling but not stopping on there mission. True professionals!

After Buzz, we FINALLY headed towards Space Mountian. They were doing a dance party that we passed on the way. The girls all had different takes on the dance party...

Dance Party_Gwen & Casey

Dance Party_Gwen & Casey
Gwen and Casey danced it up a bit.

While Morgan didn't want to have anything to do with it!
Dance Party_Morgan
This is Morgan looking at Andy like Please don't make me go Dance....

We didn't hang around the dance party too long. As Space Mountain was calling and it was getting late!
This time around Casey decided to ride with her parents, so we did the usually split of me with the Girls and Andy with random people.

Magic Kingdom_Space Mountain_02
I seriously have NO idea where the camera is in this ride.. And I always look terrible in this one!

Magic Kingdom_Space Mountain Andy
Apparently Andy knows where the camera is... completly messing up the perfect Chunky Spaceship. Sorry Su-Lynn....

After our ride in space, it was time for everyone to part ways. Su-Lynn and Steve were off to try and ride something and get the Dumbo photo. Kari and family were heading out. And we were too. :(

Su-Lynn got a really nice photo of her, myself, Kari, Gwen and Casey. I am sure she will post it on her trip report! We said our goodbyes and all went our seperate ways.

I really wanted to try and ride 7DMT, so we walked that way. Morgan was pretty much toast at this point. 7DMT was post at a 35 minute wait, and sadly, Morgan didn't want anything to do with waiting that long. So, sadly we skipped it. It was 11:30 by now and the party was over at midnight. So, we just called it a night.

We did torchure the girls by taking pictures on the way out!

The End of the Night

YEAH...
They participated but didn't smile..

Main Street Heading out
It was amazingly empty! I know it was mostly because of the rain, I have a feel the locals that signed up may have decided to pass on the event. But we enjoyed the empty-ness for sure!

Castle

Castle_A&A
One of the girls took this photo (because they didn't want to actually be in the photo)

Castle

RoyPic
And one last photo!

It took us the full half hour to get from Space Mountain to the exit of the park! We were slow moving by then.

The monorail was still running which was great, as I wasn't sure if it would or not. We did have to wait for a 2nd monorail to get on but it didn't take long. We got off at the TTC and walked back to the room. The long house was SUPER close to the TTC and it was SUPER convenent!

We all got our PJ's on and went directly to sleep!

The VIP event was great and it was great to meet some new friends in person!

Up Next: Rest Day!

I think as we were leaving BTM, Su-Lynn did a little facetime with @Lesley Wake. She was sad she was missing out on what turned out to be a very last minute meet up! We all said hello as we walked along.
Oh yes! Lesley was sad she was missing out on all our Dismeet fun!
But she made up for it in May!
Gave Kari and Jason a car all to themselves. When the cars split, we were in seperate cars, which the girls thought was a amazing. And were watching to see if they would catch up or not.
How romantic! 😆
And Su-Lynn and Steve. Notice how they are both smiling but not stopping on there mission. True professionals!
I literally have a grin the minute we enter that room with the picture because I can't tell if the flash is for the car before us, or not. So just in case...LOL
Apparently Andy knows where the camera is... completly messing up the perfect Chunky Spaceship. Sorry Su-Lynn....
Andy certainly knows where the picture is! It happens so fast I'm just glad I'm not blinking! I also don't like the SM picture, it's so unflattering!
Su-Lynn got a really nice photo of her, myself, Kari, Gwen and Casey. I am sure she will post it on her trip report! We said our goodbyes and all went our seperate ways.
I do!! Here it is:
Ucdpy8mxxhwqx5vPuO5-j2T2rXaPmUPt7OV7rwul2jzrsS3MTqaW9ZuG9DDuk7LW4VaRauMgS0B0xVpzvTgR3P24Uvmy2zqprNRxsD0nG2tvYLIgU1Ua_M0EHBOnKpNIy_qdV1NR5OetOSVnbXxpbeLWqoifAbjjKmzYixlEXvLsZ6kkQ20fPYiIJUdygz69hJ3QuAf5Kza7iMeqlp7MLPjbI9MOcEUz2vujAa1O8ra7Lv77NSIwWxB3_haL4Vane5alI5Ya8kh34eiMQ71npK9qtTW1h7-wrV1KgYgp4FELWwiHAkpa5lbMhr3N8EqgRlHYqTIaArtUkdGTfJskxOMzq5KRViZz4Vg9Is5vrDYRFHZfVxu-OgOJ2rTpbmqX7cguVxv36S_Mak96VBqzZWEZyKCvzLh8XuO-xGTyQHtMAH_fk8LCgqnPiBfyC4DSf9i3vy7cfL_Uv2758K1lZaqZNeavMDqVohCUdyNXimsr3v4XaIwACwebois5LaanSzbScypie11XjnYG0k5w6yIxWd11Mppma_q7rTofO-5UkD8AEUPErF03gxbJgKy1HI8XBQ--esKu8tB9PRPqyKDWzJ_643Abqh69QUoR8RRBCgG7WdXmnyfEJkdDoQNYCcNzegpkIAeJj49dw7tPKrFeqj9hWkud=w750-h563-no

xBEBqhvBPj38un99q7jh8AGdk9oB7br9pPUNqWwtHgy5KIOL_Ip5ZtYErAopdWULaWgvFLE3HZbtTTb1Drwvz16RgdVzj72SUVMfCQh2KJgm4NUbdDvACuoJCe8ZbcwSh26ddqFeDH7tDW6JiJGRqDkNCjOj6zrgR7l8QG9w_J_V0irJrhdbFE9Yom0joRb-nSi08fu4S2TNtucpnjsmVyl05KFlcl5agzU9H0JZngB5riqfTMUO0VZxbYYts-Inmd73zg-o56UvSlSmPrcLBIf5emloSTEv8SLLhQb2Jm_aIqLEp-JsxGUyL6vCez2vT_ehMPdPKPzyG_0434YMmZgKb50D3GxV-QQjUflVRTZO8KRVKFClQrNEudM7zkMH_5zjsVJGwNPAG56E81wClzcYSbVd4NCkWFhHGRERhx2Eta2fZ7uVAbfpW53o8hFG75adr7_bpYrD5ymfbDhf0VMxJryum2Zca9T_LeglZtpg203QU1YedwEdJKIJkW7miYuF2MO-33AYc4eCjpYi6rrI1TQh157tnJ3CUgfzN41NulrVSDOnoiwl0msizKqonFSBagayKp8mQ_0eKdy_QBFG7oM-gRgg_cPVIJXvEHw0RwfgaZTm8I4tOtULHWL-2nVmgq78YLqZNswetzDqj9GUVPZmZIJW=w563-h750-no

I also have a few others... Chunky Trains, Chunky Boats etc!

l-1-NS2qqyLQ7qn-eSQsrt2uwFFTRfBgylLecna97wskVnX7o2OeR0-MJK_0WjBusCLXUCgxxYnp1QMDwx_akZ7eek9zOKQGEfOS-hwLhBk_3n0FB_LMQrvscL1EZaU_RBLaho8_77xhfo-3uj_2CAPgO5KWqHnmjsdneaCkeD-vk2geCQz3aMk3QNDHz1DDqKg9lVbdNLCDic7e3NzfrdbDPCxXi7pAGN575HYm7FiWg37iHTT-Wqgk1N2yhgttf_xM28Sq_yeFgIO1idGLbNzUxB20DLSBXBhm4OevvFko0aYSW7pgW7FLtuBEt2_bjSpUVrC3khr9PfxOLGH2fi1a_DGyYcv5FudyuLOLBtyIsTch7uGH5s1sjSYSbumG0dKozDzoiDf21YT6SypjKCnvH_aZwDCI-J2acPsvX4ZQ45E7xXcBJMS3Vnb47ETJ-avQxm6fNwG_wQYlyP2t4xwtQcOCvYNnVtxgpemkATnCSahHnquyDQ1giIDyvmzGAXLuyXEOG2GsSSkS8LmR_gRE67OIpvajAGc5DtOr6pOD1nNRf5rHWi-LNVUZXRimHTEloL2BBePn2JmnqLsDOD6m5IL66OVu6rqmh9OQsPdWtqPr1pfhQ6bxblydMh80SjpvX5ZSIw-AXLjXhOrPMUUAq2wVjvyD=w750-h563-no

CF6wxLlrEyMEnkyOThH2hhSENDb9ktlHH1bkbd0u1gO323CKDwxKwM4hRVujk2JbZgKvmSRQgbF5NBxc_u9FIwqTAloTt80yurRJUCeXD1itQt02CCEeOFCBspvPD4uX1_TccJwCcSC9lc02a4efsAGxmR6_8Vyi6SVrcya15zmqhtGuX1hhBWBEFPdUxrKpqe1qJGo8P6Cm2B93-yGlCF6xMZsyGCIpDHpF5EB80rNJwDwiEeNR3H_EgTFvWffsho5GVgQojlm32oO4D-C4xMEt5aN7Rexl772LhYQHp4L0bd0rZN6shWSs_fKDOa4z-ynFqd_g0C9hpLdJYFbPp7VpRh11lf4Ob8exl0q2s6briScvdll_UFCn1m1U4J8cKwWLa-ZVBDr5ApRW-KUbrFPm0mrvApYQdhJBwj-jq6Erc9L8LMGcK7Y8W41NPN6Fim98g95Wk8AQwGYn6g_RJ1APjNwRfOyCKuTda-tvYY8WbtGv8HRUbr3i_Rtk3DOJjWBq1ksyu7wuYFU07McSlmDV7etQXi9APsd4y0vpUhfkOfAXXAx8Ouh2LdDWdWYdaNz293yd6VGNy7qAtjFy73SrOeo9ZuYbgD-im7kdsPtkjf-02Cgq_Maugd9gMGefDQ6diWBQBGFtcSyhIMf6udWtOqUckH_Q=w750-h563-no

zt2cnqUnYZ2AJelLderkBxF1OvpIPNgVBpCPy50eG92Gb_muTsfV2vMpZsR0ympajhmBzXkDVx0dCiMw3ArQKjCSAUinzsfg4MTv2g-F3yva6UwaHFUKi0KVNueAQoOjl9tsVBuaiK3T0ZQD6bCPhMezMwe52h-N5cGGhf6VPV-yem9wRurdwwDQSa3y_k9xJk2asCXdtulBTx8tT8L5t0yl5zMca1cWaXvC5FzGvyQZMkT0p3bHFs3h9odUvTSlyNozS3ApcZiVaDF5UOBP5LMqlZkN9D3IzR9WP9YXebA7Zx7S3ye-hE2Ep9AuqLt5mr1CNwybTHyfRFesYiXvVp9kHbnI_lbJC8hAkhUwxYgMR_peqBlpBsebA04aKq2vG6yJR8xbTak5Lt6NnrXF_GiIn301cNE1ASybuhVoWzn-cUpDwX6_X0FpyDE8BsMQQfUq5hC8sM-a-gVBsaKVh3fDteN69PEfEksHpOqH9WZq8ze-1wsb4ztqMgQj59lTPN0S-yJqUzkj66niKN9uGjaEQY9fO4MYcx9cFC2nBV4Es6JFHaJNIAed_0yoQMvjDWhehwwHaA_l2ydHkPJZvqhLwllSfJR2eShOljOA6zwhmNkdE6qJxUJzrQHrKFfVbFqXMVhZQNX95aLT5ubV0wU7xYHeX1lh=w750-h563-no

_Ps32bYgT87bVCoXQzDSSU3Kqd8poov-IqltC0tVsrmHCQUMC8fRM-yMyCZMIskkrV_sqvPO9h1wkgoJWhTYtF3nRlVk2BQGyD0-rB6B4gswpC6PVMdeM9oI07AgJ_SynncZGzI5R1Ezv_zEaAvEi8Vyvh-2NUB4mF5aQImVbWkzjExBu26_pPVQwPrtfvCY4L8WtJBy2VKVTF1f_VZdj5I5BQ7tCbb5YencWpbvhu_5CmK2YRf2e-D2RhOF4MVhYpkOw3-ReH4ww5xIR5eEOkNavqgpCeYNzr66J8uHeUxVOgaWxNTG8TvSFHXOyBiGlpuE8lMOrx0AH6oIUvL8p1UJuUUmrDAwWKN5pAkY6-LkKl6g6ZoIyFLE44qPbR0-8MXom0UFcPRGZG-A0RrXWsWr_UhOooQ9Wv6iwLCYsTPayy-49Ic5aotOk7YJ9scX2oFC8E_EknHwFNQEBFIfUFv1mJE9Oew89aMvQ0cHFezuJb-7jJm_3mc60cimJp50-1pv-d5-z-JyLiDHSNsL5ZT05BUKraLAAIaq2g9x1ne9npVGiN6ta2H_LKIY-QDQDFEsaPGuMLxG6QUR6mZL7KEf9rRCaT0Bd2irwblMEGiBxi4JY9SO90JjOpnoMQf2mBG4u_wvtBtQJHz0RoZzXVWceZs9ZENm=w750-h563-no

Despite the rain, we had a great time too! The no lines part was the best!

Since we were in a DVC Studio, we had 2 bathrooms. And they were HUGE!!!! And I have to say, kind of a waste of space.
I have to agree! I think they could do some other fun things with the space for the “adult” bathroom and move the shower into that one too.
Found Pilget in some honey.... (this by the way I find really cool but also super gross. I mean how many kids touch that thing in a day! I hope they wipe that thing down good each night!)
Yeah! I still cringe when I think about how much Lauren and I played with it our first trip!
Yup! Serious case of FOMO going on! I think the girls were somewhat surprised that I knew Su Lynn!
so we did the usually split of me with the Girls and Andy with random people.
Very random people!
They participated but didn't smile..
Wow-their pose looks like it should be happy but their faces do not!

We stayed in a DVC studio at the Poly too because it was cheaper than a regular room! We loved the two bathrooms but it was strange to me that there was only a toilet in one lol.

Wow your night at the VIPassholder event sounds perfect! Low crowds and full of Disers! Awesome that the girls hit it off so well.

The park was empty! Between the fact that it was an event and rainy, really kept the crowds low. It was perfect!

Wow, that is empty! Bummer about the train, but nice that it cleared things out for you.

And I don't know how or why but I have all of our photopass photos of us on this ride! (actually I also had a ALOT of strangers photos as well)

Do you think the kids were grabbing them? When we got off of Buzz, my girls all wanted to tap their MBs to get our photo so I'd end up with at least 3 of each of our ride photos plus a couple random people for good measure.

I love all of your pics at the end of the night. The park really was empty!

What an annoying experience with that family on Small World!

Sounds like a good dinner at Ohana!

The Poly room looks nice!

What a fun time at the event with everyone! Looks so empty!

So, now I had 3 crabby people with me!
I do not envy you. At least I only had one to contend with!!

The crowds really were the silver lining, cause that rain (especially early on) was no bueno

SW_The Girls
Casey, Morgan and Gwen took a liking to each other almost immediatly
They really did get along great. So great we may have extended our vacation to spend more time with you guys :D

It was def the wildest ride in the wilderness, and the girls wanted to ride again. So, with no wait, we walked through and got on for a second time.
Great picture! Though I had no memory of riding this twice. Also it totally looks like Gwen is doing the Marty Moose!

Magic Kingdom_Pirates Chunky Boat
Not a complete Chunky Boat but close! You can see Gwen covering her eyes. She does this now for the first couple scenes with the skeletons and stuff and then she is totally fine with the ride.
Oh poor thing. I didn't realize she disliked this so much.

Thanks for the hook up! But remember what goes on in the dark inside of space mountain, stays in space mountain

MK_Buzz_CaseyGwen
Gwen and Casey looking SUPER serious. And I just love this photo. Something about them both being so small in the car by themselves...
If I'm reading Caseys eyes right I think she is actually making a face of sorts you just can't see her mouth. Her "serious" look = squinty eyes

I need to take a page from their book!

We didn't hang around the dance party too long. As Space Mountain was calling and it was getting late!
This time around Casey decided to ride with her parents, so we did the usually split of me with the Girls and Andy with random people.
And I didn't know we rode space mountain either. Thought we called it quits before we even did. I pay so much attention

Su-Lynn got a really nice photo of her, myself, Kari, Gwen and Casey.
If by really nice you mean, water logged and soaked with frizzy hair. Then yes, it is really nice.

The monorail was still running which was great, as I wasn't sure if it would or not. We did have to wait for a 2nd monorail to get on but it didn't take long. We got off at the TTC and walked back to the room. The long house was SUPER close to the TTC and it was SUPER convenent!
Don't think I told you but when we got off the monorail at Poly they actually had the entrance locked up already. We had to try and get a custodians attention to let us in. Jason ended up giving Casey a piggy back ride the whole mile back to shades and screwed his back up for the rest of the trip.

I always love the first little drop.

SM_Brier

I got stuck here and evacuated on my solo trip in 2017...and i joked that OF COURSE I got stuck by the snoring bear after being away from my snoring husband for a few days :rotfl:
It's a fun little drop from here!!

SM_Aftermath
This is us after the ride. I was soaked!

Oh no! The only time I ever got soaked like this on Splash was in Disneyland on a cool day. The water got you good!!

Although, it wasn't the happiest cruise. We had a family behind us who were so rude! They had two rows and just kept talking about how this ride was terrible and how it was a waste of a fast pass. And then the guys in the 3rd row tried to splash the family members in the 2nd row. And instead got US wet! It was truely annoying and probably the first out right TERRIBLE family expierence we have ever had.

Ugh, this frustrates me so much.

Goodbye Rude Family!

good riddance!

Their arms say excited, their faces not so much. So cute, regardless!

Yay for the meet ups at the event - WOW, you all lucked out with the low crowds!! What a fun night!

Ick! I know, I always think the same thing. :scared:

Clearly some of us were on our photo game better than others. I think I showed this to Andy later and he said he didn't even know there was a picture for this ride. oops.
I still cannot figure this out either :laughing:

The long house was SUPER close to the TTC and it was SUPER convenent!
What a nice treat at the end of a long day to be so close to your room.

Wow! What a great event - despite the rain - but it seemed like at least the rain kept the crowds extra light :thumbsup2

Mixed Greens Salad with a Lilikoi dressing
This I have to say was very disappointing! This wasn't the same from our last trip, and it was fine but nothing great. I remember really liking the salad last time. But that is ok, it wasn't what we came there for.
This doesn't look as yummy as the previous salad.
And then it was time for dessert.
Ohana_Bread Pudding
‘Ohana Bread Pudding à la mode
topped with Caramel Sauce and Bananas
This seemed like a small portion for 4 people, but... it really wasn't. we were so full already that we didn't need much. I don't think I really ate that much. I think Andy and Morgan polished most of it off between the two of them.
That is a tiny portion. The last time we were there we asked for seconds. I love that stuff. I recreated it at home and it was yummy. Actually I might make some for the 4th.

. But I did get double tolieteries!!!!
Score!
We actually had (2) balcony's to our room.
Double score!
Disney had dropped the trailer for the new season of Clone Wars TV that will be on the Disney Plus when it comes out. And as my handle name says... I am in fact a mom of 2 star wars loving girls.
I can't believe I'm actually excited to pay for Disney +, I didn't think we would subscribe at first but I'm excited about a lot of the shows
While we were hanging out in the room, we called for our bags. At the poly, they came fairly quickly. And I was able to unpack us a little. Granted I didn't want to unpack TOO much, as we weren't staying for that many nights.
I'm anxious to read about your final move, as it was your original triple stay report that inspired our upcoming split stay.

I agree, the downside to the DVC rooms is definitely the pull out couch! I imagine at some point they may convert them to the murphy beds like Riviera is getting which would be nice. I think OKW is the only DVC room with two beds instead of one bed and a couch. For two people the rooms are awesome but definitely not for more than two! Which honestly surprises me for how much families pay to buy into DVC but oh well. At least you found out before buying in if you ever considered it!

Even though it was rainy it looks like the VIPassholder event was super fun! Glad the girls all got along and became fast friends. Looked like a blast!

I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I’ve been reading your report for the last week or so and just got caught up. What an amazing trip you have had so far and I can’t wait to hear about the rest of it.

I think I left off with our snacks and heading to Splash Mountain. We used our fastpasses and were on the ride in no time.

Splash is my favorite MK ride!

SM_Ride Photo
Morgan wanted to do bunny ears on Andy on the way down but it didn't work out so great... Not sure what Andy and Gwen are doing..

It a really interesting photo!

This is us after the ride. I was soaked!

Yes you are!

Although, it wasn't the happiest cruise. We had a family behind us who were so rude! They had two rows and just kept talking about how this ride was terrible and how it was a waste of a fast pass. And then the guys in the 3rd row tried to splash the family members in the 2nd row. And instead got US wet! It was truely annoying and probably the first out right TERRIBLE family expierence we have ever had.

That stinks. Disney is a Magical place. Shame on them for trying to ruin it.

And soon enough we were at the Poly and seeing this beautiful lobby.

How nice to be soooo close.

Gwen was SUPER excitied about finding a midden Mickey!!!

I've never seen this. I'll have to look for it.

Speaking of starving, Gwen was def HANGRY by now. She refused to eat the bread for some reason.

Gwen seems to get Hangry a lot @ Disney.

Mixed Greens Salad with a Lilikoi dressing
This I have to say was very disappointing! This wasn't the same from our last trip, and it was fine but nothing great. I remember really liking the salad last time. But that is ok, it wasn't what we came there for.

This does not look like the normal salad at all.

And then it was time for dessert.

Love the dessert here!!:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!