A Tale of Two Margaritas (Disney Springs)

Lizgistix

resorts fan
Okay it's not really a tale, more of a question.
This time last year I made a trip to Disney Springs after not going to Disney for...a very long time. We were walking around the Marketplace and (that area that used to be Pleasure Island)

Okay, I'm getting too detailed about a question.
Why should I pay $14 for a margarita at Dockside Margaritas when happy hour at Paradiso 37 has $5 margaritas?

The party involved is one kind of adventurous taster (me) and one who would just want a standard 'rita. (mom)

I'm all about the deal - but I love Dockside, just for the atmosphere, and the habanero lime margarita (at least I hope they still have that!!!)

This time last year I made a trip to Disney Springs after not going to Disney for...a very long time. We were walking around the Marketplace and (that area that used to be Pleasure Island)

Why should I pay $14 for a margarita at Dockside Margaritas when happy hour at Paradiso 37 has $5 margaritas?

The party involved is one kind of adventurous taster (me) and one who would just want a standard 'rita. (mom)
Both places serve drinks with 'premium' / top-shelf ($$$) alcohol.

But many places, when you say, for instance, "Bourbon & Soda," you receive 'basic' / 'well' / 'generic' ($) less costly alcohol. Of course, if you order top-shelf (i.e., Knob Creek), you will be charged accordingly.

I'm betting Paradiso serves 'well drinks' for their discounted specials. Some places will allow an up-charge during discount-times (and I have no idea about Paradiso).

For my money, if I'm only having one cocktail that is very sugary, I might be fine with a 'well drink'.

But if I'm gonna' have more than one, and/or someone in your group has some alcohol sensitivities, then my experience (particularly with tequila) is to pay the price for the 'premium' drink.....that costs $14.

Josh offers some reviews:
fairly recent - https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/dockside-margaritas-at-disney-springs-review/
a bit dated - https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/downtown-disney-drinking-in-depth-paradiso-37/

P.S. I've been inspired & I'm right now gonna' make what I call a Tequila Sunrise Sunset - I mix both grapefruit & orange juices with tequila (and I only serve myself premium alcohol).

I'm all about the deal - but I love Dockside, just for the atmosphere, and the habanero lime margarita (at least I hope they still have that!!!)
Sorry to hijack but are there places to sit at dockside or is it grab and go?

I haven't had the dockside marg, but I didn't like the happy hour marg at Paradiso at all.

I'd go to the bar at Frontera Cocina for quality, but it's more expensive than either of your other options.

I generally assume the differences between a $5 happy hour margarita, and a $15 margarita are twofold:

1) Quality of liquor
2) Using sweet and sour mixer vs. actual fresh squeezed juice.

I’m at a point where I don’t really care about the “value” of a cocktail that tastes like Hi-C. I think sweet and sour mix is awful, so I would happily pay $15 for a cocktail where the lime juice has actually been squeezed out of a fruit! 😂

Not to brag but I make the world's best Margarita. So enjoy your trip to WDW and then drop by my place and I'll set you up. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter