• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Tale of [family madness in] Two Cities - Final Thoughts & PTR Link!

:laughing: Oh we are signing and dancing all the time around here! It's fun! And it makes them happy, so it's worth any eye-rolling from onlookers that we might get, don't you think? :goodvibes

I agree 100%. The giggles, smiles and laughs from the little one is so worth it.

Another great trip report. Thanks for sharing with all of us. And now to the pre-trip report. I'm so excited. :yay:

Peeing in the bushes at AK?!!? :sad2: I'm always shocked at what some people think is okay!

Love the last update and your final thoughts. I'm glad you are going to have this upcoming trip with just the three of you! I can understand how being the decision maker for everyone would be stressful.

Heading over to your PTR now!!

Great report Brook! I'm sorry I wasn't signed-on until near the end.

Yes, I can imagine it was stressful being the planner and leader for a group of people, making sure everyone is happy and enjoying themselves. I get a little stressed-out giving advice and making recommendations to people who are traveling at a different time than me, hoping that they'll like it and find it as magical as I do.

Another great trip report finished! I have loved following along esp. these last few days when you have been updating so often. I am already signed up for the PTR. Love your writing and your pictures. I found your blog a few weeks ago and have enjoyed it also. You are an inspiration!:)

I hope to keep up that pace of updating with the PTR since we only have a few days! Of course there will be fewer pictures, are far less interesting pictures...;)

Thank you for the kind words too! I hope to get the blog updated soon with some of our happenings. We went to the beach and a few other things. Plus I want to post somethings about our normal daily life.

Thank you for reading here and over on the PTR!

Bravo!! Love reading your final thoughts.

I did get your FB message! Forgive me for not responding yet... things are kinda in upheaval over here as you can well imagine!

So excited to get in on your PTR!

I've requested Mr. I to read your New Orleans portion of this TR. He doesn't read TRs much but I think I can get him to make an exception! I think it's a fabulous view of what we have to expect on our trip, just the two of us!

Thanks for sharing Henry's pictures! I may have to steal that idea!! :rolleyes1

See ya on the PTR board! :goodvibes

No worries on the FB message! I STINK at responding to them. JUST STINK! I forget they exist. Kinda like the PMs here. Of which I have two sitting there to respond to---both from the same person (sorry Liesa!). :rolleyes1

I hope the Nawlins portion of the TR gives some good insight for Mr. I! If you have any questions please feel free to ask - I don't know how good I'll be, but I'll try!

Great final thoughts.

Well, you've seen a kid peeing in the bushes at AK and we saw a kid peeing in the bushes at WL. Anyone else? :rotfl2:

:lmao: Just icky!!!

Lovely final thoughts! I agree that being the leader of a group and worrying about everyone having fun is a bit stressful. I think a trip with just the three of you will be perfect! Headed over to your PTR now!

It is very stressful! I just need to learn to let go some more though too! Hopefully when we bring friends (probably next year), it won't be that way!

Thanks again for a great TR report Brook - and I know what you mean about needing just an "us" trip. I'm taking my parents for a second time, and thankfully, we'll have a couple days before and after they leave as just us. That will be our time to relax and decompress. :goodvibes

That is a GREAT idea of having a few days of "just us" after the trip. I'm gonna remember that one!

Congratulations on the house. Great news!

Love all the photos from Henry's perspective. Can't wait to see his pictures in Sept.

Speaking of which, have already signed on to the PTR. Can't wait! I'm so delighted that everything worked out, you kept DVC and are going back. And to Boardwalk no less! :woohoo:

Thank you!!! I'm so glad it's close to closing. It better not fall through!!

I'm excited for his pictures in September as well - first they will be digital, so easier to deal with. :laughing: Plus, I think he has gotten better at it!

We are very excited about being able to keep DVC - and even have talks about adding on points sometime next year! IF we can get the current loan paid off AND pay for the new points outright. No more loans! :goodvibes

Somebody (was it Gellybean?) saw a kid peeing into a shopping bag on the monorail! :rolleyes1 :lmao: Oh, and Kristine saw a grown man puking in the bushes at MK! :rotfl2:

It was Michelle, SoonerGirl! So YUCKY!!! That is even worse than in the bush.

The puking...ew!

I can totally undertsand about your thoughts on having to be the "leader". It's always been me with my parents at WDW since I was a little bitty thing, so we know what we like and don't and some times we break away from each other. Well, my husband came on our last trip. This was his second time at WDW (first trip was a senior trip). He's not a Disney fan, but he tolerates it for me. I wanted the trip to be a happy one, but it turned out that I was constantly needing to keep him happy. I'd ask him what he wanted to do, but he would shrug a shoulder and I'd have to choose what we would do that day. Then he'd complain about doing only what I wanted to do :confused3 It was a good trip, but there were some moments I really want to forget.

Anyways...enough that that. I enjoyed your TR so very much :goodvibes I can't wait to see what adventures yall have on the next trip! Off to your PTR now :)

Oh that is so frustrating about your DH! :sad2: I'm sorry you had to deal with that. If he doesn't voice what he wants to do, how are you supposed to know?!?! Thankfully my family was just cool with whatever and enjoyed every second of it!

I agree 100%. The giggles, smiles and laughs from the little one is so worth it.

The other day I had a half ripped sticker on my shirt. I totally forgot it was there, and ran around my neighborhood with it. Later in the day Henry was thrilled I was still wearing it. I got embarrassed for a second, realizing how many people saw me with half a sticker on!, but then smiled. It was worth it!

Another great trip report. Thanks for sharing with all of us. And now to the pre-trip report. I'm so excited. :yay:

Thank you!!!

Peeing in the bushes at AK?!!? :sad2: I'm always shocked at what some people think is okay!

Love the last update and your final thoughts. I'm glad you are going to have this upcoming trip with just the three of you! I can understand how being the decision maker for everyone would be stressful.

Heading over to your PTR now!!

I know! I'll never forget that or the woman who told her child to hide her bag under her shirt so they could skip bag check. :sad2: GREAT EXAMPLE THERE!!!! UGH!

I'm very much looking forward to the relaxing time with DH and Henry!! I will be able to focus on my little guy and big guy alone!

Great report Brook! I'm sorry I wasn't signed-on until near the end.

Yes, I can imagine it was stressful being the planner and leader for a group of people, making sure everyone is happy and enjoying themselves. I get a little stressed-out giving advice and making recommendations to people who are traveling at a different time than me, hoping that they'll like it and find it as magical as I do.

No worries!!

I get stressed with that too! I had a friend go earlier this year and asked me for advice, I gave her a TON. She said I MADE THEIR TRIP! :dance3: I was soooo glad. Now they are coming out to NYC this fall and want more advice! :laughing: Speaking of which, I really need to reply back to her Facebook message....:rolleyes1

YOu're sure the night owl today! Sorry to see this one end, but just think---- I get to actually be PART of the next one!

I'm thinking that's pretty darn cool!

759800697_aCG67-M.jpg

You visited Kloppman! He's the man! :cheer2:

The family just agreed to everything and anything, which stressed me out and made me worry if they were having fun.

I felt like I missed out on some of the magic this trip because I was concerned about everyone else.

I understand that feeling...........When we've traveled with other people I find myself doing the same thing---stressing about whether they're having fun. My DH had to eventually remind me that I needed to quit worrying, have fun myself---I wasn't resposible for someone else's fun. :)

HOWEVER....the magical far outweighs it all. Disney World always has magic, and at Christmas and New Year's the magic is at its peak. The Christmas parade, snowing on Main Street, the Osborne Lights, Holiday Wishes, Holiday Illuminations, the DIS meet, NYE fireworks, Christmas music playing in the parks - it was all amazing!

The crowds were much more manageable than I thought and Disney did an excellent job with crowd control and transportation.

Having been there at the same time, I completely agree! :thumbsup2

:lmao: that is hilarious about Lexi!!! I didn't try either one, now I'm regretting it!! Do you just put the seasoning on anything/everything?

I love it on mashed potatoes, chicken, and eggs. I sprinkle it on like salt (it can be to salty if you put to much). My dad puts in on everything. He is the one that gave it to us in the first place. They sell it in Maine but not here in Nebraska. :sad1: I will send you some the next time I get some.

Great wrap up Brook! Loved the plaque of irony. Sounds like it was a great trip all the way around.

Great ending Brook! I agree. I have thought how fun it would be with my family...then rethought it. We all have different tastes, and we really would have to be seperatd to enjoy ourselves. LOL!

I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but I started a "pre" pre trip report. If the moons and start all align just right, we might be going sometime later this year or early next. :wizard:
The link is in my signature. It's the dairy farmers wife one. :cool2:

YOu're sure the night owl today! Sorry to see this one end, but just think---- I get to actually be PART of the next one!

I'm thinking that's pretty darn cool!

I've been a night owl lately - it's not a good thing when the child wakes up at the crack...:sad2:

I'm VERY excited about our meet! Both in DC and at MK - and wherever else we might decide to meet up!

759800697_aCG67-M.jpg

You visited Kloppman! He's the man! :cheer2:

I have no idea who he is! :rotfl: They just had all those statues, so I tried to mimic their poses...who is he?

I understand that feeling...........When we've traveled with other people I find myself doing the same thing---stressing about whether they're having fun. My DH had to eventually remind me that I needed to quit worrying, have fun myself---I wasn't resposible for someone else's fun. :)

Having been there at the same time, I completely agree! :thumbsup2

It is something to definitely keep in mind as we go on more trips with others. Lesson learned!

It was such a magical time! I hope we can go back again sometime during the New Year and over Christmas!

I love it on mashed potatoes, chicken, and eggs. I sprinkle it on like salt (it can be to salty if you put to much). My dad puts in on everything. He is the one that gave it to us in the first place. They sell it in Maine but not here in Nebraska. :sad1: I will send you some the next time I get some.

Oooh, that sounds YUMMY! Thank you!!! I wonder if I could find it somewhere here in NYC? Seems everything is available SOMEWHERE! :laughing:

Great wrap up Brook! Loved the plaque of irony. Sounds like it was a great trip all the way around.

Thank you! The plaque of irony was just too much! It was hilarious!

Great ending Brook! I agree. I have thought how fun it would be with my family...then rethought it. We all have different tastes, and we really would have to be seperatd to enjoy ourselves. LOL!

I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but I started a "pre" pre trip report. If the moons and start all align just right, we might be going sometime later this year or early next. :wizard:
The link is in my signature. It's the dairy farmers wife one. :cool2:

I am thinking for the next trip with family and/or friends we will either do a few days at the end of just us - OR - I'll be sure to plan some separate time and just go in without worrying about it all. I have to have a different mindset about it, then I think I'll be okay!

I didn't notice the link! Thank you for pointing it out - I will get over there ASAP!!! :yay: I hope the moons and stars line up! :laughing:

We made some wonderful memories as a family. Grammy and Poppa talk about the trip often.

HOWEVER....the magical far outweighs it all. Disney World always has magic, and at Christmas and New Year's the magic is at its peak. The Christmas parade, snowing on Main Street, the Osborne Lights, Holiday Wishes, Holiday Illuminations, the DIS meet, NYE fireworks, Christmas music playing in the parks - it was all amazing!

I love that Grammy and Poppa talk about the trip. Sweet family memories are just so, so special.

Christmas in Disney World is indeed extra magical. We don't have a holiday trip planned for this year, so we'll have to bring Disney to our house at Christmastime. That means on the October trip, we'll probably make a lot of red, white, and green purchases. ;)

I loved reading your entire report, Brook, as always. It was nice to see al the New Orleans pictures, too, along with Disney World.

I love that Grammy and Poppa talk about the trip. Sweet family memories are just so, so special.

Christmas in Disney World is indeed extra magical. We don't have a holiday trip planned for this year, so we'll have to bring Disney to our house at Christmastime. That means on the October trip, we'll probably make a lot of red, white, and green purchases. ;)

I loved reading your entire report, Brook, as always. It was nice to see al the New Orleans pictures, too, along with Disney World.

Grammy and Poppa really did enjoy Disney. I hope they can come back again with us sometime so we can make even more memories together!!

I like your idea of bringing Disney to your house for Christmas. :goodvibes You guys always have the BEST parties too!

I love your final thoughts. I know how you felt about not always being in the moment, but rather having the responsibility of planning. I felt like that a lot during our May trip and I realize that our best trips our when just Denny and I go. We also had some great family trips before the Brian got into his teenage years. So enjoy all those family trips now.

I am very excited about your Sept trip and wish that our trips overlapped a bit. Oh well. I will head over to your PTR when I get home from the OBX. I am trying to limit my DIS time to my own TR and the TR boards. I figure if I stay away from the PTRs for awhile it will cut my DIS time!

Awe arcades. Ever since my early years, a tradition of ours is that my dad and I go play in the arcade. Mostly pinball machines ;)

It seems the buses in DD take forever for the Deluxe resort. You'd figure the opposite would be true.

I love the coconut patties, however, I didn't eat any this trip.

I didn't know there was a party room at Goofy's.

I think no camera in the world can do WDW fireworks justice. You have to be there.

I'm always sad to leave WDW. But as my parents tell me: You're young. You'll be back."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter