• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Tale of [family madness in] Two Cities - Final Thoughts & PTR Link!

Congrats on getting a closing date set for your house, sounds like this time it's going to stick!

Love Henry's pictures, he really does a pretty good job for a toddler :thumbsup2

Waiting for the PTR................

Henry's pictures are so darn cute. Claire always takes awful pictures of me too. REally awful.
Love your final updates too. What a nice last day.

Great news about the house. Congrats. :cool1:

So cool to know another mom that will break into song or dance at the request of their son. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Looking forward to the pre-trip report.

LOVE, love, love the report.....so glad you are starting another PTR since this one is over:sad2:
I love all the pictures that Henry took!! Some of them are really good--maybe he has a future as a photopass photographer;) That means BIG discounts for Mom and Dad:thumbsup2
Glad to hear you house is closing too. I know you will feel better when all of that is behind you!
Waiting for the PTR nowpopcorn::

Oh goodness.

You are mean!

Can I just have both? Please? With a side of beignets? ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Maybe if we can manage a meet in Sept maybe it'll involve POFQ beignets? Or a spot outside Casey's in time for Main Street Electical Parade? (which I hope is still running when we go :) )

What great pictures Henry took!!!!

Oh...and I believe someone mentioned a PTR...I'm waiting...(LOL I'm also ignoring that you said you might start it tomorrow LOL) Of course considering I may never finish a certain TR (LOL) I'm not sure how much my begging is worth LOL!!

:lmao: You are too funny! It's still "tomorrow"...and I've got the Final Thoughts and the first installment for the PTR all set...!

I would have laughed about the sign on the street too. I love finding signs like that. We love "Slap Ya Mama". It adds a nice kick to your food. One day when Lexi was about 2 I came out of the laundry room and found her licking the dining room table so went to see what she was doing. She had shaken some out on the table and was licking it up.:rotfl: I love your socks. I don't wear white socks very often either. And last but certainly not least woohoo for your house closing.:cool1::cool1::cool1:

:lmao: that is hilarious about Lexi!!! I didn't try either one, now I'm regretting it!! Do you just put the seasoning on anything/everything?

Henry's pictures are great! What a great idea. He has a decent eye, and has framed some of the shots really well. You can definitely tell it's his perspective with so many pictures looking up at people. :rotfl2:

I was really surprised at how well they turned out!! He has always had an interest in cameras (mostly likely due to both Joe and I taking oodles of pictures almost everyday), so I happened to get that disposable for free and put it in his Christmas stocking for the trip. It was a big hit!

We are doing days before and after...but I don't think we will have much room to squeeze! We aren't booking a dinner package and I heard the lines can be horrendous!

Last week we just had another meet at the Doorway to Dreams and we fit 13 this time, a new record!

Just spent the last hour or so reading all of your TR from where I left off after the Candlelight Processional. You took so many great pictures of New Orleans or Nawlins! LOL! It felt like I was actually there! The trees there are gorgeous....so eerie in a way (the way they twist). Love the evidence of where the beignets have been eaten. Haha Henry putting the pants on is funny! Aaron still won't dress himself....pure laziness...but once in a while, I accidently stick both of his legs into one hole. :rolleyes1
What a great time you guys had! Looking forward to your final thoughts and your PTR!! And congrats on a buyer for your house in MN!

The lines ARE nuts! Maybe you can catch a bit of it by just standing outside the theater or something.

13! :lmao: I'm certain it will all appear on one of Jamie's reports soon, I look forward to it! I'm sure I'll be laughing to hard I'll have tears rolling down my cheeks as usual.

The trees are kinda eerie! We kept calling them gnarly :laughing: They are crazy! But really cool.

Henry's pics are so darn cute! I can tell he really had a ball with his new toy- I imagine it kept him entertained a fair amount during those "boring for kids" times.

It really did! And during certain times (THE CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL!) when we didn't want him to have it at all! :rolleyes1

I loved seeing what Henry took pictures of! He did a great job! :thumbsup2

It's tomorrow and I don't see a link to the new PTR...just sayin'... :rolleyes1

Hey now! It's still tomorrow where I am! :laughing: ;)

Here, here! popcorn::

Shush!

It's coming RIGHT up....!

Congrats on getting a closing date set for your house, sounds like this time it's going to stick!

Love Henry's pictures, he really does a pretty good job for a toddler :thumbsup2

Waiting for the PTR................

I sure hope it sticks. I've been Facebooking with the buyer. He seems a lot more cool about it all than I am! What craziness with the bank. I would be nuts-o if I were him!

Henry's pictures are so darn cute. Claire always takes awful pictures of me too. REally awful.
Love your final updates too. What a nice last day.

Those pictures of me are downright SCARY! :laughing: He just gets waaaaaaaaaaay too close for my comfort! ;)

Great news about the house. Congrats. :cool1:

So cool to know another mom that will break into song or dance at the request of their son. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Looking forward to the pre-trip report.

:laughing: Oh we are signing and dancing all the time around here! It's fun! And it makes them happy, so it's worth any eye-rolling from onlookers that we might get, don't you think? :goodvibes

LOVE, love, love the report.....so glad you are starting another PTR since this one is over:sad2:
I love all the pictures that Henry took!! Some of them are really good--maybe he has a future as a photopass photographer;) That means BIG discounts for Mom and Dad:thumbsup2
Glad to hear you house is closing too. I know you will feel better when all of that is behind you!
Waiting for the PTR nowpopcorn::

Thank you!!! It has been fun to write. I look back at some of the events from the first couple nights and it feels like a blur. I was tired and it was so long ago, I can't hardly remember some of the things!

:lmao: It's so funny you say that about the Photopass Photographer, we were just talking about that last week! We all were picking our Disney jobs and gave Henry that one! I would love it!!

I cannot wait for the house ordeal to be done! I honestly don't think about it a lot, but I know Joe does. And it's frustrating. So close to being done, so close!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Maybe if we can manage a meet in Sept maybe it'll involve POFQ beignets? Or a spot outside Casey's in time for Main Street Electical Parade? (which I hope is still running when we go :) )

I didn't see your ticker! Yes! We should meet!!!! You could totally join Liesa and I (LIESA, IS THAT OKAY? :laughing:) for the Corny Weiner Meet, which is just as you have said - at Casey's! We are meeting around 6pm-ish on September 4. I will PM you and Liesa and we'll get this squared away and see where our plans meet up!!!

This trip was different for me. I was "in charge" of pretty much ALL the planning...which isn't completely unusual for our trips, but I know what Joe likes - and he'll tell me what he doesn't when I ask. The family just agreed to everything and anything, which stressed me out and made me worry if they were having fun.

I felt like I missed out on some of the magic this trip because I was concerned about everyone else. I didn't get to experience Henry's reactions as much because I was pulled in a few different directions, leading the group, and constantly thinking ahead for the next step and about how we were going to avoid a line or a large crowd.

At some point partway through the Disney portion I gave up - if they didn't have fun, whatever! I remember telling Joe, "I'm not making any more decisions! I'm no longer the leader!" Up until then, instead of living in the moment and enjoying it, I was thinking ahead and wanting to please everyone. Once I let it go, I had more fun!

However, it all exhausted me completely. And because of that, and the colds both Joe and I were battling, by the time we got to New Orleans I was just DONE. Everyday we took naps, and went to be early and got up late!! It was just what we needed.

We made some wonderful memories as a family. Grammy and Poppa talk about the trip often. Even though it did exhaust me, and I feel like I missed out on some special moments, I don't regret the trip for a moment. This trip was not about me - it was about them experiencing the wonders of Disney World. And it accomplished just that.

Overall, a few things I observed being at Disney during this time of the year...first the "not so magical":

More people, means more trash. The family commented about how clean the parks were, but they were MUCH dirtier than I had ever seen. Even one of my ride vehicles had garbage in it.

More people, means more rude people. Plus crowds = irritation and that can bring out the worst in a person. People ignored CM's directions in all the shows we went to, walked wherever they wanted to, broke rules, etc.

And a child peeing in the bush at AK while his Mom stood next to him. :sick: :sad2:

HOWEVER....the magical far outweighs it all. Disney World always has magic, and at Christmas and New Year's the magic is at its peak. The Christmas parade, snowing on Main Street, the Osborne Lights, Holiday Wishes, Holiday Illuminations, the DIS meet, NYE fireworks, Christmas music playing in the parks - it was all amazing!

The crowds were much more manageable than I thought and Disney did an excellent job with crowd control and transportation.

Kidani was beautiful and comfortable! I DO wish there was a Counter Service at the resort, but in all, that didn't hinder our trip too much because we planned around that fact. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, or at Jambo House. We want to stay at all the other DVC resorts if possible before repeating, but when we do repeat Kidani, I want it to be during the warmer months to take advantage of their incredible pool!

Brook's Favorite Moment: Watching Holiday Wishes from the hub. It was so breathtaking!! Followed closely by riding the TTA on our first night at WDW with Joe.

Joe's Favorite Moment: Riding Space Mountain with Brook, so I could laugh at her as she screamed her head off.

At the end of this trip Joe and I were discussing when we would be back. One thing I required was a "just us" trip. Don't get me wrong, I do love taking people with us, and we already have have loose plans with some friends and family. However, when it's just us three, it's so much easier for me to relax, enjoy it and live in the moment. I think it might be different with friends, rather than family...I don't think I'd worry about my friends as much! :laughing: Or perhaps on a second trip for the in-laws I could relax a bit more since they have an idea of things.

Who knows!

What I do know is that with every piece of my being, I'm looking forward to this September trip, just us three, SO SO much! I'm blessed to overflowing that we are able to go, and keep our DVC. A few months ago we were in a much different financial situation and never thought we'd be where we are today.

And with that....please join me over at "Countdown to the Clown! A September PTR"

Another great trip report finished! I have loved following along esp. these last few days when you have been updating so often. I am already signed up for the PTR. Love your writing and your pictures. I found your blog a few weeks ago and have enjoyed it also. You are an inspiration!:)

Bravo!! Love reading your final thoughts.

I did get your FB message! Forgive me for not responding yet... things are kinda in upheaval over here as you can well imagine!

So excited to get in on your PTR!

I've requested Mr. I to read your New Orleans portion of this TR. He doesn't read TRs much but I think I can get him to make an exception! I think it's a fabulous view of what we have to expect on our trip, just the two of us!

Thanks for sharing Henry's pictures! I may have to steal that idea!! :rolleyes1

See ya on the PTR board! :goodvibes

Great final thoughts.

Well, you've seen a kid peeing in the bushes at AK and we saw a kid peeing in the bushes at WL. Anyone else? :rotfl2:

Lovely final thoughts! I agree that being the leader of a group and worrying about everyone having fun is a bit stressful. I think a trip with just the three of you will be perfect! Headed over to your PTR now!

Thanks again for a great TR report Brook - and I know what you mean about needing just an "us" trip. I'm taking my parents for a second time, and thankfully, we'll have a couple days before and after they leave as just us. That will be our time to relax and decompress. :goodvibes

Congratulations on the house. Great news!

Love all the photos from Henry's perspective. Can't wait to see his pictures in Sept.

Speaking of which, have already signed on to the PTR. Can't wait! I'm so delighted that everything worked out, you kept DVC and are going back. And to Boardwalk no less! :woohoo:

Well, you've seen a kid peeing in the bushes at AK and we saw a kid peeing in the bushes at WL. Anyone else? :rotfl2:

Somebody (was it Gellybean?) saw a kid peeing into a shopping bag on the monorail! :rolleyes1 :lmao: Oh, and Kristine saw a grown man puking in the bushes at MK! :rotfl2:

I can totally undertsand about your thoughts on having to be the "leader". It's always been me with my parents at WDW since I was a little bitty thing, so we know what we like and don't and some times we break away from each other. Well, my husband came on our last trip. This was his second time at WDW (first trip was a senior trip). He's not a Disney fan, but he tolerates it for me. I wanted the trip to be a happy one, but it turned out that I was constantly needing to keep him happy. I'd ask him what he wanted to do, but he would shrug a shoulder and I'd have to choose what we would do that day. Then he'd complain about doing only what I wanted to do :confused3 It was a good trip, but there were some moments I really want to forget.

Anyways...enough that that. I enjoyed your TR so very much :goodvibes I can't wait to see what adventures yall have on the next trip! Off to your PTR now :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter