A Summer Wedding and a Disney Trip CANCELLED, HELP DECIDE WHEN WE'LL GO IN 2011

Ok, so seeing how we are a family of 6, things do not come cheap for us. So for dining, i'm thinking about going with the quick service plan again (which we really liked) if free dining is not offered next year. If free dining is offered I CANNOT wait to try out the regular DDP. I know I read somewhere that if you stayed in a value you would get the free QDP but could upgrade to the DDP for the difference, that's cool. Seeing how this was the 5th consecutive year for the free ddp, I am REALLY hoping for it!!!!

Even if we are on the DDP I will still buy the mugs, they were absolutely worth it and because of the heat, i'm sure we will be back at the hotel for a swim break every day, so they will come in even more handy than they did for us in May. I recommend the mugs to all. Not sure how we would have done it without them. We even filled them before taking off for the parks. I LOVED THEM. Now, they come on outings with us and they come to work with me. I just love them. After so many washes though the designs are starting to wear off a little, I can't wait to get new ones. I'm hoping for a new design too.

Ok, so like I said when we went we had the quick service plan so I didn't have the fun of making adrs, I am very excited about that.

So here is my list of restaurants that I have been thinking about.

Sci Fi dine in: MUST DO
Chef Mickey's: MUST DO
T-REX: MUST DO
Yak and Yeti: MUST DO
San Angel Inn
Chefs de France (because Emily loves France and the Eiffel tower)
Akershus
1900 Park Fare
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Crystal Palace (I think I read here that it was rumored to be closing????)
Tusker House
Tony's **

I'm not going to get too into restaurants yet, cause with 11 months out, something new could come out or something could close. I sure do hope CP is not closing. We did not see Pooh and the gang at all in May, so we would love to see them there.
But if anyone has any suggestions I would like to hear them so I can look into other restaurants as well. Although by the time we go i'm sure I will have scoped out every one.
But that's what I was doing today..... checking out some restaurants, I know the kids would really enjoy the character ones. This way too, if there is a long line somewhere to see Mickey, we'll now we're going to see him at Chef Mickey's, we won't have to kill ourselves waiting in line.
Hey girl!
I hope CP is not closing; I am sooo looking forward to doing that next year! It is said to be ONE of the best. We did it in '96 and the kids loved it!
I would really like to try Whispering Canyon when we go as well as the mut do's on your list!
Akershus-- I have read that the food was not that great but that the princess interaction was the best!

I know what you mean about wanting to start planning! I don't even have my set date yet and I just want to start planning! I hope they bring back the free dining; I'm sure it is the only way we will do the dining plan. I just feel I can do it for less! I did in May, we loved the refillable cups too! that is a must do!!! we would fill it every morning and than again on our way to the busses and when we got off the busses!!! :laughing: and again before we hit the beds!

At the moment I'm hopping for a really good deal to come out for Jan/Feb 2010! maybe just maybe I can talk him into going than. If not we are going to book the week after Thanksgiving!
Later :wave2: Connie

Yeah, Whispering Canyon just sounds like so much fun and I have also heard that the food at Akershus wasn't great either, but that's ok, cause we're going for the Princesses!!!!

Good Luck waiting for your deal for jan/feb. i'm sure something good will come out. I think we would have wanted to go back in May again if we didn't have the wedding in July, but we want to make the trip after the wedding!!!

So, I figured i'd put up some pictures of where we're getting married. We are not catholic so it will not be at a church. We picked a really nice place where they'll set up a ceremony area and then of course we'll have the reception. We've been there before so we know the food is great!!!
Here are some pictures of the front entrance and of our room that we took when we went to put the deposit down!!

2009_0702AH.jpg

2009_0702AC.jpg

They always have to be the center of attention!!!!

2009_0702AB.jpg

2009_0702AA.jpg

2009_0702AJ.jpg

Here is the room, a little plain, cause it's not set up for a wedding.

2009_0702AD.jpg

2009_0702AE.jpg

2009_0702AG.jpg

So, that's where it will be on July 4th, 2010. The wedding will be from 11:30-4pm.

We pretty much know what we will be ordering off the menu. We're not too set on the colors or centerpieces yet, but we have plenty of time for that. My Mom's friend's husband will be marrying us, we know a DJ and my brother's girlfriend makes cakes, so I believe she will be making our wedding cake. So I think we're doing pretty good for plans.

After Christmas we'll finalize the menu and the colors and centerpieces, we haven't thought about favors yet either.

But I can't wait to go shopping for dresses for me and the girls and of course , the RINGS. I've been looking and i'm just so excited about the rings. The girls are most excited about their pretty dresses.

So, that's my little wedding update!!

Oh, and Manny and I will go "away" for a night or two after the wedding, we're just not too sure yet. We know we want to do something FUN!!

Wow that place looks really pretty-even not set up for a wedding. I'm sure it will look very elegant once it is set up for a wedding with all of the flowers and such.

Ok, the only place that I have eaten on your list is the Crystal Palace. We ate there for dinner our 2nd or 3rd night. The atmosphere and the characters are wonderful- they really try there best to get to every table for a picture and an autograph. Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger are there. The food isn't the greatest (in fact, if we ever went back there, it would probably be for breakfast)- however the atmosphere is just magical and wonderful:wizard:.

I would definitely recommend the Grand Floridian Cafe. Their NY Strip Steaks with the balsamic glaze (I think that's what it was?) :confused3 was just DELICIOUS. Austin was 2 at the time and we could not put him on the DDP, so he usually shared off of our menus- however, we were going to buy him chicken noodle soup and the CM brought it out complimentary. We also could not decide what we wanted for dessert, so she brought us this to go box with mini cheesecakes, mini key lime pies, and a few other things. It really was great. The Grand Floridian Resort itself was beautiful- and if you're lucky, you may see a Princess wandering around.

I am looking into O'hana's at the Poly' for our next trip. The menu looks great. Oh, by the way, there is this great site that you may already know about called allears.net and they have a listing of every restaurant and togo cart in wdw along the current menus, prices, and reviews. I highly recommend this site. That is where I turned to when I mad ADR's for our August '08 trip. They also have pictures of all of the hotels and much much more. :cool1:

Hi P
Follwed you over here from my pre-trip.
Just wanted to say what a beautiful family you have. Congrats on your upcoming nuptuals.

Di

Wow that place looks really pretty-even not set up for a wedding. I'm sure it will look very elegant once it is set up for a wedding with all of the flowers and such.

Ok, the only place that I have eaten on your list is the Crystal Palace. We ate there for dinner our 2nd or 3rd night. The atmosphere and the characters are wonderful- they really try there best to get to every table for a picture and an autograph. Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger are there. The food isn't the greatest (in fact, if we ever went back there, it would probably be for breakfast)- however the atmosphere is just magical and wonderful:wizard:.

I would definitely recommend the Grand Floridian Cafe. Their NY Strip Steaks with the balsamic glaze (I think that's what it was?) :confused3 was just DELICIOUS. Austin was 2 at the time and we could not put him on the DDP, so he usually shared off of our menus- however, we were going to buy him chicken noodle soup and the CM brought it out complimentary. We also could not decide what we wanted for dessert, so she brought us this to go box with mini cheesecakes, mini key lime pies, and a few other things. It really was great. The Grand Floridian Resort itself was beautiful- and if you're lucky, you may see a Princess wandering around.

I am looking into O'hana's at the Poly' for our next trip. The menu looks great. Oh, by the way, there is this great site that you may already know about called allears.net and they have a listing of every restaurant and togo cart in wdw along the current menus, prices, and reviews. I highly recommend this site. That is where I turned to when I mad ADR's for our August '08 trip. They also have pictures of all of the hotels and much much more. :cool1:

Thanks, I have been on the website before, but didn't look into too much, i'll definitely check it out now! And thanks for the restaurant suggestion, I'm going to check that one out. I know we'll enjoy eating at restaurants at other hotels!
And yes, I did hear that the food at CP was just........ whatever. But, we're definitely going for the character experience. When we went in May, we did not see Winnie the Pooh and friends anywhere.

Hi P
Follwed you over here from my pre-trip.
Just wanted to say what a beautiful family you have. Congrats on your upcoming nuptuals.

Di

Thanks so much and thanks for joining!!!

So on our last trip in May I surprised my family with renting the boat in DTD. Manny has always wanted to drive one, and the kids loved it as well. It ended up being a great surprise. They all still talk about it as being so amazing, especially Manny :lovestruc

So, now, i'm thinking how can we go back and I don't have a surprise for them again. So, as I was looking around here on the dis I found................ The Wishes and Illuminations Cruises!!! :yay: I want to do one SOOOOO bad. How would that be for a surprise!!! They would LOVE that!! And so wouldn't I, of course.

So, any suggestions on which one I should book? Right now I'm thinking that I would go with the Wishes cruise. You gotta just LOVE Wishes!!! I haven't looked into when I can book yet, i'll do that after I post this, but I'm sure I have plenty of time to think about it.

Has anyone ever done this? I'd love to hear about your experience and see pics if you have them!!

So I can book the cruise 90 days out. I know i'll have to set my alarm and be ready to book it the second that I can. I'm really excited about this. But now I see that there is the Pirates and Pals cruise, which looks really neat. You can see Captain Hook and Mr. Smee and than at the end of the Cruise Peter Pan is waiting. During the cruise, before Wishes, the CM on the boat sings songs and asks Disney questions. I'm just not sure if that will be too much. My girls like pirates and Peter Pan, but....... They're not little boys, so i'm not sure if they'll enjoy THAT much, but they might, so i'm not sure, i'll have to think about it. I posted on the Disney for Family's thread about these cruises too ,but haven't gotten any info back yet. I'm pretty sure that I will do one of the Wishes ones though. I'm sure Illuminations will be nice too, but Wishes is just so special.

Funny thing is i'm listening to Disradio right now and Wishes is playing. :love: So I'm really thinking about this cruise now!!!!

Any advice and/or suggestions about my cruise!! Thanks for any info you can give!!!

That sounds like a wonderful idea. I have heard of the Wishes Cruise, but not the Pirates and Pals cruise- which sounds like something Austin would love!!! I think you all would enjoy the Wishes Cruise. I also know that have that hot air balloon ride in DTD, I was thinking about doing that on our next trip-not too sure on that though.

As far as restaurant suggestions- I forgot to mention that Planet Hollywood in DTD is really neat- and they make this delicious deep fried like lasagna.

There are also a couple of do not miss quick service restaurants that we enjoy too that I can suggest to you:

Toy Story Pizza Planet (loved the Pizza and the Toy Story atmosphere)
Pizzafari (too cute and pretty good pizza)
El Pirata y El Perico's (FAVORITE QS restaurant-they have the best tacos)

and the food courts as the All Star resorts and Pop Century are pretty good.

Next trip, I want to try Pecos Bill's and a few other QS restaurants that I keep missing out on. Austin is a really big Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fan- so we are definitely going to try to do Chef Mickey's or Liberty Tree Tavern (is that the one with Donald Duck and Chip N Dale?).

Anyway, I really need to get a PTR started- but I don't want to just yet because it doesn't actually seem like we're going until I put the deposit up for the trip!!!

Need to check into Liberty Tree Tavern (I think the characters are no longer there :confused3 ).

I love the cruise idea! I was going to check into the Pirate Wishes one when we go back! I know Ashton would love it!!! So, if we don't go in Jan/Feb I will not be able to wait to hear what you think!!!

WooHoo!! Another trip in the making! I am joining in for the fun!!

Thanks for joining. I'm going to read some more of your TR right now!!!

That sounds like a wonderful idea. I have heard of the Wishes Cruise, but not the Pirates and Pals cruise- which sounds like something Austin would love!!! I think you all would enjoy the Wishes Cruise. I also know that have that hot air balloon ride in DTD, I was thinking about doing that on our next trip-not too sure on that though.

As far as restaurant suggestions- I forgot to mention that Planet Hollywood in DTD is really neat- and they make this delicious deep fried like lasagna.

There are also a couple of do not miss quick service restaurants that we enjoy too that I can suggest to you:

Toy Story Pizza Planet (loved the Pizza and the Toy Story atmosphere)
Pizzafari (too cute and pretty good pizza)
El Pirata y El Perico's (FAVORITE QS restaurant-they have the best tacos)

and the food courts as the All Star resorts and Pop Century are pretty good.

Next trip, I want to try Pecos Bill's and a few other QS restaurants that I keep missing out on. Austin is a really big Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fan- so we are definitely going to try to do Chef Mickey's or Liberty Tree Tavern (is that the one with Donald Duck and Chip N Dale?).

Anyway, I really need to get a PTR started- but I don't want to just yet because it doesn't actually seem like we're going until I put the deposit up for the trip!!!

I'm so excited about the cruise!! The Hot Air Balloon scares me just looking at it, so I doubt we'll do that. I don't think I'd get Manny on that thing either.
And as for your #1 picks of Quick Service restaurants, we ate at all 3 when we went in May and they were our favorites too!!! They are on our must-eat list for next year too.
I believe the Rest. with Chip n Dale is the Garden Grill ( I think It's called) at Epcot. and I know Donald is at Tusker House in AK. Not sure if they are at a restaurant together, although I could definitely be wrong. I think longing2Batdisney is right, I believe I read that they stopped the characters at Liberty Tree.
I'll be waiting for you to start up your PTR!!!!

Need to check into Liberty Tree Tavern (I think the characters are no longer there :confused3 ).

I love the cruise idea! I was going to check into the Pirate Wishes one when we go back! I know Ashton would love it!!! So, if we don't go in Jan/Feb I will not be able to wait to hear what you think!!!

And I'll be waiting to hear about it if you go first! lol It does sound really cute!!

Where is the best place to buy pins? Before we get to Disney that is! We started on our last trip but they only had 3 a piece and I made the mistake of buying them their favorite characters. They didn't want to trade them :eek: Of course they wouldn't want to. I don't know what I was thinking. Emily did do 1 trade and had so much fun with it. I know they'll all enjoy it next time. I want them to have at least 8 a piece. I have bought some from mousepinsonline before and through disneyshopping. I just want to make sure i'm not missing out on any "hot spots" to buy them. Thanks!!!

Where is the best place to buy pins? Before we get to Disney that is! We started on our last trip but they only had 3 a piece and I made the mistake of buying them their favorite characters. They didn't want to trade them :eek: Of course they wouldn't want to. I don't know what I was thinking. Emily did do 1 trade and had so much fun with it. I know they'll all enjoy it next time. I want them to have at least 8 a piece. I have bought some from mousepinsonline before and through disneyshopping. I just want to make sure i'm not missing out on any "hot spots" to buy them. Thanks!!!

I usually get pins from ebay. I know there is the whole argument over getting scrappers (or fake pins) but I haven't had a problem at all. I've found some really neat ones on there!

Hey Pam! I must say you have a BEAUTIFUL family...you are one lucky lady!!! ;) I love the idea of the surprise cruise. If we go next year I have to find something to surprise them with...I will not keep the trip a secret from them this time. I think having them involved in the planning would be fun and we could so Disney nights and a countdown calendar!
The place for the wedding is beautiful without decorations...nice spot!
I can't wait to read more!!

Thanks I cannot wait to start my PTR Report either:banana:

Tonight we did Disney Movie Night- which I am going to try to include in my PTR. We did Toy Story. It was really fun. I am going to leave it all a surprise. By the way, did you know that they are going to do a Toy Story 3D double feature of TS 1 and 2 starting October 2nd for two weeks only? I think it is going to be a great disney experience we definitely want to do it!!!popcorn:::3dglasses

I am very interested in doing the pin trading too next trip- Austin will be almost 5 so he should understand by then. I think the best place if you want quantity for a somewhat cheap price would be ebay. They have tons to choose from. Also, disneystore.com is starting to sell more and more theme park items- including pins and lanyard starter sets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter