A Successful September-W.I.S.H. Goals

@MikeNamez :welcome: to our little group!! Sounds like you are on a good path already, hopefully you will be able to keep it up after vacation!

What are some of the ways you incorporate drinking enough water into your day?
Do you like water? Do you feel you drink an adequate amount?

I am a water drinker. I always have a water bottle on my desk. I had a sodastream machine that puts bubbles into my water and I love that. I can drink plain tap water, but I like it better once it is carbonated. Also, because I need to use the bottle for the machine it means that I have an easy measurement of how much I drink. I usually have at least two bottles during my work day, and another one at home in the evening. I specifically got a machine for my office. I also love drinking hot tea of all varieties. If I feel like I need some flavor in my drink, this is a great option of adding something interesting. I love peppermint, back tea, hibiskus tea, all kind of herbal tea mixes. Buying a nice box of ineteresting tea is also a good way of feeling like I am buying a treat without ending up with a box of chocolates!

What are some of the ways you incorporate drinking enough water into your day?
Do you like water? Do you feel you drink an adequate amount?

I don't drink much of anything in a day. 20 oz of any fluid is really tough for me. I do like plain water but will get bored with it and then turn to pop. I have been drinking the flavored soda water at times. Bubly is my favorite brand right now. I don't drink coffee or hot chocolate but I will drink a little bit of tea. I finally found one I liked a few years ago at Christmas. It is Sugar Cookie Flavor. It is from Celestial Seasonings and is Called Sleigh Ride. I will drink this in the winter but only if I am cold. I did find a Peach Tea I like.

Once we move offices in March and I don't have to walk down the stairs, to the front of the building, up the elevator to the 18th floor and then around to the other side of the office to go to the bathroom I will get an app that will remind me to take drinks. I did this once before but with the current bathroom situation I was spending more time going upstairs then I felt i was spending at my desk. I can't wait to have a bathroom and running water close by again.

Oh piglet, that’s awful! I can’t imagine running around like that to use the bathroom! No wonder you’re not drinking much right now.
It’s been so hot this last week I have been better about drinking water-right after I walk and drinking seltzer water with lunch and dinner. I forgot hot tea counts-have to get some herbal tea for evening. One of the articles I read recommended drinking a glass first thing in the morning-I could take my multi vitamin and get a glass in before breakfast.

It’s Free for all Friday!!!

What are your plans for the weekend? Do you tend to eat out more often? Or do you order in, cook yourself?

My husband and I used to have dinner out Friday night at a nice little local restaurant before I got serious about losing weight. The last couple months we have eaten out only a couple times-but I have tried to come up with some nice meals so we don’t feel deprived. Our grocery store steams shrimp, we still have corn and I save points for a pre dinner martini. :)

What are some of your weekend strategies?

For us it depends what is going on. During football season I cook on Sunday. Heaven forbid if we miss a football game. We get the Red Zone channel so we can watch portions of all the games. Though being Browns fans and with this season looking to be better then the past 2 (1-15 and 0-16) I am sure we will watch more of that game.

Saturdays we most likely eat out. Especially this year. Saturdays are consisting of 1 karate class, 2 soccer games and 1 football game that DD cheers for. it depends on the timing on what we do.

+++++++++++++++++++++

The heat is now gone for now but has been replaced with rain and storms. We have been getting some storms for the last 2 days. Today should be nice and most of Saturday should be good. Starting late Saturday early Sunday it will rain until sometime Monday. They are predicting in that 24 hour period that we will get between 4 and 5 inches of rain on already soggy ground. This rain will be from Gordon. Cities in the area that flood regularly have already warned people to start preparing. We are not in this area but our sun-porch will flood with this kind of rain. DH texted me this morning that we need to get a few things off of the porch tonight. Then his next concern was making sure we had batteries for the radio so if we lose power we can still listen to the game. Then it was making sure we have flashlights ready. This is not normal rain rain for us. The meteorologist that I watch said we only get this kind of rain with a tropical system. I don't remember get this much with Harvey or Irma but I know we got some rain from each. I do remember when I was younger getting a ton of rain from Hugo and then Maria when I was older. Last year the kids were convinced that we were getting a hurricane when Harvey and Irma reached use. They didn't understand that by the time it gets to us it is just rain.

Weekend plans...

The weather is supposed to turn autumnal, with cooler temps and some rain showers... woohoo! I need to get out for walks, so my step count doesn't drop off, and as always I need to do chores around the house.... not so woohoo. The State Fair is going on right now, so I might head that direction one day over the weekend.

Eating wise over the weekends, I usually skip breakfast, go out for my lunches and then have something light for dinner. I haven't had a cocktail in quite a while, so maybe I'll splurge on one this weekend.

Goals check-in:

Lose 7 pounds... down -1 this week. I'm feeling like I need to do something significantly different this month, like possibly a week or so of Whole 30 style eating... pretty drastic, but would help be shift the balance to more protein.
Walk 100 miles... I'm right on track with the daily average I need to maintain.
Draw something 100 days in a row... haven't started yet. I need to get a space set up over the weekend where can have everything out and ready to go.

Footballs back this weekend! CAN'T WAIT to watch my Patriots play @ 1 on Sunday.

So much going on this weekend too ...

Goals:
Finishing Pack for my WDW trip next week
Get some cash out
Get a hair cut
Go pick up furniture from my parents house (They close on their condo soon and can't take the some stuff with them)
Cut the grass
Hit 10K steps each day
60 Min of Cardio Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Weigh in day is Sunday so hoping to be down another 3-5lbs this week.

Lets all have a great and productive weekend everybody. Remember...
maxresdefault.jpg

Footballs back this weekend! CAN'T WAIT to watch my Patriots play @ 1 on Sunday.

Goals:
Get some cash out
Get a hair cut
Go pick up furniture from my parents house (They close on their condo soon and can't take the some stuff with them)
Cut the grass
Hit 10K steps each day

maxresdefault.jpg

I'll just gloss right over the patriots thing and say - woohoo for being in the one week count-down for your WDW vacation!

Goals:
Get some cash out
Get a hair cut
Cut the grass
Hit 10K steps each day

maxresdefault.jpg

I am not a Patriots fan at all. Though I do like having Goskowski on my roster. It is bad I have had him a few years and just to pick him I draft him in an earlier round. He has won games for me. This picture is a good one for the Browns. We will prove them all wrong and win the Super Bowl. I know, we won't but wishful thinking. There is always next year :tongue:

I am not a Patriots fan at all. Though I do like having Goskowski on my roster. It is bad I have had him a few years and just to pick him I draft him in an earlier round. He has won games for me. This picture is a good one for the Browns. We will prove them all wrong and win the Super Bowl. I know, we won't but wishful thinking. There is always next year :tongue:

Nobody is a Patriots fan outside of New England, but I like it that way. if the Browns win the Superbowl that would be something, I wouldn't hold your breath though lol. Goskowski is a great FF kicker, not a bad pick at all.

Nobody is a Patriots fan outside of New England, but I like it that way. if the Browns win the Superbowl that would be something, I wouldn't hold your breath though lol. Goskowski is a great FF kicker, not a bad pick at all.

I will give you my feelings on the Browns come October. By then we will know what we are looking at. I am thinking we will win a few more games this year but not enough to make it the playoffs unless the Steelers, Bengals and Ravens decide to stink this year. I haven't followed much other then Hard Knocks so i don't know too much of the other teams.

I did get really excited when I ran into Hue Jackson last night. I stopped up at the dance studio my daughter used to dance at and he was walking as I as i was pulling out of my parking spot. DD and I almost re-parked and went in.

Another football fan here-Go Ravens!! And I root for the Eagles since we live in PA! piglet, I think the Browns will be better this year-your quarterback situation is so much improved. I felt sorry for that poor young guy last year getting beat up every week.
Mike, you have a busy weekend! And so close to your vacation! Yay!
Oneanne, our local York Fair starts tonight but with rain called for all weekend I’m not sure we’ll go. Our grandson will be with us Sunday (parents going to Ravens game with friends) and I had hoped to take him. You are such a creative person, have you ever entered one of your crafts?

Another football fan here-Go Ravens!! And I root for the Eagles since we live in PA! piglet, I think the Browns will be better this year-your quarterback situation is so much improved. I felt sorry for that poor young guy last year getting beat up every week.
Mike, you have a busy weekend! And so close to your vacation! Yay!
Oneanne, our local York Fair starts tonight but with rain called for all weekend I’m not sure we’ll go. Our grandson will be with us Sunday (parents going to Ravens game with friends) and I had hoped to take him. You are such a creative person, have you ever entered one of your crafts?

I haven't ever entered any crafts, but it's always fun to see what other people are doing. I'd really like to go during Sheep Week, but can't figure out on the schedule when that is, as there's only one sheep judging noted during the middle of next week, which doesn't necessarily mean they'd still be around on the weekend.

Water. I love it straight from the tap! I drink it all day long. It's the first thing in my mouth in the morning (gotta take a thyroid pill!). But people were speaking of tea and now I need to make myself some chamomile tea! The last few days I've been ignoring the beginnings of a cold but tea sounds nice.

Not too much happening this weekend. I usually have black tea and something bad for me (like a pop tart) for breakfast on Saturdays. I do need to do some menu planning and hit the grocery store. We are getting dangerously low on toothpaste--how can I brush my teeth so I don't eat anymore if we're out?!

Not much on the weekend schedule for us this weekend which is nice. Tonight was the HS football game. We lost... again! I don't love football and only know the bare minimum, but I was explaining the rules to someone today. Now that was funny!

I hope to get out to walk this weekend. Foot doctor swears the solution to my issue is to wear my new orthodics constantly, even in the house. That will be a huge challenge for me. I hate shoes.

On the positive side, I walked 4 miles yesterday. I totally splurged on dinner today. It was so bad and so good. But I planned ahead and stayed within my ww points for the day. I've been doing ww almost 3 weeks and it's the longest I think I've ever really stuck to a new lifestyle. I think it will work for me.

I’m so glad WW is working for you. I lost 60+lbs years ago with an older version (points plus?) but have lost the almost 20 lbs I regained in two months on this new version. I think it’s much easier with so many things counting as zero points.
I’m determined to keep this weight off this winter!

Motivation Monday!

Another Monday is here-hope you all had a great weekend!

We have just been hammered here in PA with torrential rain and the temperature dropped 30 degrees-so I went looking for a pair of jeans and found a pair I bought last year and never wore because they were too tight. And now they fit!

I know we’re motivated by wanting to be healthy, but I have to be honest, fitting into something I couldn’t a year ago really gives me a lift.

Is there anything in your closet or something that you would like to wear that you’re using as motivation?

I think I talked last month about a skirt that was comfortable for the first time ever! So now my motivation is to have my pants fall off. Wouldn't that be lovely?

I did not have a good weekend. It wasn't horrible, but I got stressed and ate way too much chocolate. That with too little sleep (stress!!) did not help. The stress will either end tomorrow night or a new kind will take its place. I'm very much trying to focus on my breathing and worrying only about the things I can change. I am also trying not to borrow trouble. When my mother in law had breast cancer and was undergoing chemo/radiation she worked very hard not to worry about how she was going to feel after the treatment. Today she feels fine, don't worry about tomorrow when she'll feel yucky! I'm working at remembering that.

Have a super week!!

I had a very busy weekend. Saturday was filled with running around and then my 20 year class reunion. Then Sunday came and I sat on the couch and watched football all day. I barely moved. I was feeling a little yucky and the weather was not helping any. We got a lot of rain but the worst of it hit more south. It was a nice steady rain from Saturday morning until today.

I have a dress that I would love to fit into. It was the dress my mom was going to wear at my wedding but the seamstress hemmed it too short and it fit me instead. I wore in our honeymoon and would love to wear it again sometime. I will have to lose a lot of weight to fir into it. I was only 116 pounds then. I do have a few pairs of pants that will fit if I only lose 10 so we are starting there. Once those fit I will move onto the next set of clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter