A Solo Trip 28 Years in the Making-Oct 16-17th, 2012

DisSmis said:
Great trip report! It is getting me very excited for our October trip. We will have the same issue with my conference dates dictating our trip and I will nervously await the Halloween party schedule!

Thanks Laney! Hope you have a great trip!

Briarrose1306 said:
I just read up to date on your TR. thank you so much for sharing all your adventures. I'm doing my first solo trip the end of April and am a little nervous about some things. I've planned a couple character meals but am apprehensive about being solo and I don't have much solo dining experience to begin with. I can't wait for the next update!

Thanks for checking out my TR! I just realized I never posted my final update of my dining experience at Napa Rose. Will have to get on that. Been busy working on my other TR for WDW in January.

Solo trips can be a lot of fun as you completely dictate the pace and plans with a lot of flexibility. And there are a good number of solo diners in and out of Disney so shouldn't worry :) Please let me know if you have any questions about your solo trip (pm or on here) and would be happy to help out! You'll have a great time!

Just read through your TR (the Parks part, anyway) and thoroughly enjoyed it! Your pictures were awesome! I have recently decided that one day I am going to take a (short) solo Disney trip! Not any time soon, though, since I stay home with our three still-very-small kiddos. :) It sounds so fun and relaxing though!

Just read through your TR (the Parks part, anyway) and thoroughly enjoyed it! Your pictures were awesome! I have recently decided that one day I am going to take a (short) solo Disney trip! Not any time soon, though, since I stay home with our three still-very-small kiddos. :) It sounds so fun and relaxing though!

Thanks for finding my TR!

I think a solo trip is definitely a worthy experience. Hope you get to try it sometime soon!

I think my biggest dining worry about being solo is character meals. Have you ever done one solo? And if not, what are your thoughts about doing them solo? I'm looking at possibly doing 2 or 3.

I think my biggest dining worry about being solo is character meals. Have you ever done one solo? And if not, what are your thoughts about doing them solo? I'm looking at possibly doing 2 or 3.

I didn't get to do character dining during my solo trip mostly because of time limitations and I wanted to get as much park touring as I could.

I have seen a fair number of people do solo character dining during my trips to Disney World so I don't think you should feel out of place. The characters themselves treat you just the same whether you are a solo diner or not. And if you are already comfortable with chatting and interacting with the characters (especially the ones that don't talk), then I think you'll be fine.

I've seen solo diners usually would ask one of the server CMs to take a picture of them with the characters. Sometimes, I've seen them ask the character handler CM to snap a picture if they happen to be standing nearby. And of course you could ask one of the fellow guests at a nearby table but I wouldn't abuse that opportunity too much. I once had a solo diner sitting next to our table who asked three times in a row if I could take a picture and it got a little disruptive for my taste.

Another tip for solo dining in general (and not just for character meals) that I learned from all of my conference travels; I usually find myself chatting a lot more with my servers when I'm dining by myself. Not to the point where I am disrupting their workflow. And at Disney, this is even more fun and easier to do because the CMs usually have some good stories to tell.

Thanks for the advice. That is one of my main worries is bugging other families to take my picture, so I'd be pretty careful about that. I'll take the other tips into consideration. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter