A Sept '10 pre-trip report on how Disney addicts kill time before vacation!

kwitcherkicken99

Sleep keeps me pretty. Caffeine keeps me nice!
So my BFF and I are headed to the World for the first time TOGETHER... after lots of thought and deliberation, she came up with the idea of a scavenger hunt challenge for us while we tour the World. We'll each make a list for each other, and the proof is a picture with one of the members of our party in the shot. It will be her and her DBF, plus myself, DH, DS, and DD.

Now for the problem... what should we agree to for the prize for whichever one of us completes the most items?? We are both stuck like glue! It can't be anything too expensive (probably under $25).

Any ideas???? :confused3

And for the sake of arguement... what would you include on the scavenger hunt for two adults???

PRE-TRIP REPORT: CHAPTER LIST:

Chapter 1- How it all began...
Chapter 2- The Start of a new Tradition- Part 1
Chapter 2- The Start of a new Tradition- Part 2
Chapter 3- Cast Member Stats

So my BFF and I are headed to the World for the first time TOGETHER... after lots of thought and deliberation, she came up with the idea of a scavenger hunt challenge for us while we tour the World. We'll each make a list for each other, and the proof is a picture with one of the members of our party in the shot. It will be her and her DBF, plus myself, DH, DS, and DD.

Now for the problem... what should we agree to for the prize for whichever one of us completes the most items?? We are both stuck like glue! It can't be anything too expensive (probably under $25).

Any ideas???? :confused3

:confused3

Here's a thought...

Have the whole thing culminate in a dinner...where you go through each item point by point and see what success each has had...

Tallying the score as you go...

WHen you're finished...the "Winning COuple" gets their meal paid for by the other couple (Not including kids).

That gives you a chance to recount exciting, interesting and funny things that may have happened while gathering scavengar items.

I have an old scavenger hunt list that I've saved from another post like this...if you are interested...I can send it to you... PM me...

Hugs,
Mary

You could simply have the winner pick something under $25 and have the one who found the least amount of things pay for it. :thumbsup2 Or you could do pins, if you're into trading.

For actual items, you could have the classic landmarks, like the Castle, railroad, etc; But you could also have random things, like a Frontierland trash can, popcorn on the floor, or a pair of Mickey ears. Good luck!

For actual items, you could have the classic landmarks, like the Castle, railroad, etc; But you could also have random things, like a Frontierland trash can, popcorn on the floor, or a pair of Mickey ears. Good luck!

Popcorn on the floor?? :confused3 I'm interested!

Here's my list so far:
Magic Kingdom
  • Find PUSH
  • On the Teacups
  • Picture of train pulled in the Main Street Station
  • Snow White and ALL 7 dwarfs
  • Jungle Cruise message board of missing passengers
  • Frontierland Railroad station – find the wooden leg named Smith
  • Find Mr. Toad at the Haunted Mansion
  • Find Cinderella’s horse on her carousel
  • Picture by the Golden Camel at the Magic Carpets of Alladin
  • Thunder Mountain queue: find Lytum & Hyde explosives
  • Mosaics at the Castle – find where Anastasia and Drusilla are red with rage and green with envy
  • Get a Dole Whip
  • See if you can get a special pilot certificate from the Riverboat captain

Animal Kingdom
  • Find DeVine
  • Go on Safari
  • Find Wes Palm
  • Find the “xylobone” at the Boneyard
  • Find the baby lowland gorilla
  • Find Herb and Flora on your way to Camp Minnie-Mickey
  • Is the dinosaur at Dinoland a boy or a girl?
  • Kali River Rapids queue: find the live geckos

Epcot
  • Make a Beverly face at Club Cool
  • Find the crash test dummies at Test Track exit
  • Find the koi ponds in Japan
  • Find a smurf
  • Find the English Channel
  • Find the Canadian totem poles
  • Find Tower of Terror from Epcot
  • Find Remy
  • Find the candy lady, Miyuki

MGM
  • Find the key under the map at Muppets
  • Find Dr. Spock’s handprints
  • At Muppets, find a net full of jello (Annette Funicello)
  • Pull the rope at the well in the queue for Indiana Jones
  • Find the Singin’ in the Rain umbrella
  • This one goes for MK too, ½ of an airplane is in the Jungle Cruise, the other ½ is on the Great Movie Ride. Find both halves

Around the World
  • Get a picture of Mickey
  • Wear your GAD buttons
  • In the laundry room of your hotel
  • In front of each park’s landmark
  • Go to the LEGO store
  • Find the Blue Monorail
  • Kiss Minnie or Daisy’s hand
  • Find a cast member with your name!

how about a picture of group with the characters of main st
Scoop Sanderson the mayor firechief bea starr hildergarde dapper dans dont have to be all the main st people together as sometimes they are not all out together and if they are some might be away for the day
in DHS
a group shot with the streetmosphere people they are usually out in about performing their skits!

Looks great!! FYI - Wes Palm is not out anymore.

A couple make me nervous:

Remy at Epcot, since you have to eat at Les Chefs... do you have an ADR there?

All 7 dwarfs, are you referring to characters, the attraction, or merchandise? The characters aren't out and I know it upsets a lot of people to take pictures on the attraction.

A couple to add...
MK, the the women wearing mustaches at Casey's Corner.
MK, find the MT Lott.
MK, Participate in the Hoedown

Bummer! I'll have to think of something else!

Yes, yes they do! There are several times during our trip that we will be in different places. We're trying to do as much together as possible, but can't expect one another to be there all the time!

All 7 dwarfs, are you referring to characters, the attraction, or merchandise? The characters aren't out and I know it upsets a lot of people to take pictures on the attraction.
I am trying to be tricksy here! We will be attending MNSSHP but I was also thinking of the Snow White cut out at the Exposition Hall too!

A couple to add...
MK, find the MT Lott.
Those are great! BTW... where is M.T. Lott?? :confused3 I've heard of it before, but I was never sure where it was.

For a prize, the loser has to go on a ride they don't like with the winner?

Can anyone verify if these are doable?? Again, a member of the party has to be in the photograph...
  • Find the Mayan idol as you leave Indiana Jones Stunt Show
  • catch a CM giving directions with 1 finger instead of 2
  • Find Gertie at DHS
  • Take a close look at Walt's right ring finger on the partner's statue
  • Push the red button at the Italy pavillion
  • Have enough time to take a picture of the red, yellow, and white tubes in Dinosaur queue
TIA! :worship:

Alright... This is the DBFF and I have just stumbled upon my arch enemies evil plan to win my scavenger hunt adventure. I told her she was a cheater for asking for help from the DIS boards ::evil white kitty laugh from Emperors New Groove:: the game is on!:stir:

So for those of you who may be interested how this whole thing started... here it goes!

So a few days ago my friend Jenn was feeling depressed :sad1: because we ran out of things to plan for our disney trip. So being the amazing friend that I am :thumbsup2 I came up with a game to occupy her mind. I had read a recent thread where a mom had her kids do a scavenger hunt around the resort, while they waited for dad to return from Walmart. So I thought hey we should create hunts for us and have it occur the entire length of our trip. I thought this would give a her few months time to work on ideas. So I called her and to my avail she did not show very much excitement to the idea (she says she was sleeping, I do not believe her), so then next thing I know I receive a text stating that she has almost completed DBFF and I's list. I almost fell on the floor laughing :rotfl2:, my plan had failed... The time that had passed had only been maybe 24 hours. Then I thought, crap, I haven't even thought about my list :eek:, I had come up with the idea... wasn't that enough at this point i time... apparently not :faint:. Being the competitive type that I am I knew I had better get going on my list.

So that leads us to the present time. After finishing up my homework for my Masters classes I felt I could begin to type up my list. I should have known then that it would be more complicated than typing up a list. You see I have a photography/graphic design background.... so what do I do I decide to make a brochure with pictures from my last disney trip. I have to say the design is quite nice, if I say so myself, but during the design faze I realized I had more space than I knew what to do with so... what is this whole story leading up to:confused:?? Well that is a very good question...

Due to my brochure needed text as fill in I have created rules for our Scavenger hunt and I have come up with the best prize EVER!

RULES:
1- Give in (where you tell them to find it) for each section of items (MK-15, EPCOT-15, AK-15 & DHD w/everything else
1- Clue per section (a very detailed clue, no cheap tricks here)
2- Map points per section

Then as to the prize we each buy a frame for the other team. Then the last night we see who found the most pics (we will use my laptop to review photos). The team with the most items found will get a pic of the loser team looking sad and distraught from their loss :sad2:, while the losing team will get a pic of the winner team rejoicing in all their glory party:. What do you all think? I think this has to be the perfect prize.

A couple to add...
MK, find the MT Lott.

Yep I hopefully will have and ADR there, I cannot make them until the 26th this month :thumbsup2

For a prize, the loser has to go on a ride they don't like with the winner?

:rotfl2: We both thouht this was great and already knew which ride, Stiches Great Escape.. man that ride is so boring, even when it was Alien it was boring. They really need to tear it out and put in something better and the sooner the better. You hear that DISNEY people, get rid of Stiches ride, no body likes it, just ask around...:badpc:

So a few days ago my friend Jenn was feeling depressed :sad1: because we ran out of things to plan for our disney trip. So being the amazing friend that I am :thumbsup2 I came up with a game to occupy her mind.
That you are! :goodvibes

I thought this would give a her few months time to work on ideas. So I called her and to my avail she did not show very much excitement to the idea (she says she was sleeping, I do not believe her), so then next thing I know I receive a text stating that she has almost completed DBFF and I's list. I almost fell on the floor laughing :rotfl2:, my plan had failed... The time that had passed had only been maybe 24 hours.
::yes:: I WAS ASLEEP! ::yes::

Then I thought, crap, I haven't even thought about my list :eek:, I had come up with the idea... wasn't that enough at this point i time... apparently not :faint:. Being the competitive type that I am I knew I had better get going on my list.
Yes, yes you should!!!! :rotfl:

So that leads us to the present time. After finishing up my homework for my Masters classes I felt I could begin to type up my list. I should have known then that it would be more complicated than typing up a list. You see I have a photography/graphic design background.... so what do I do I decide to make a brochure with pictures from my last disney trip.
What about me? :confused3?

Due to my brochure needed text as fill in I have created rules for our Scavenger hunt and I have come up with the best prize EVER!

RULES:
1- Give in (where you tell them to find it) for each section of items (MK-15, EPCOT-15, AK-15 & DHD w/everything else :thumbsup2
1- Clue per section (a very detailed clue, no cheap tricks here) :thumbsup2
2- Map points per section:thumbsup2

Then as to the prize we each buy a frame for the other team. Then the last night we see who found the most pics (we will use my laptop to review photos). The team with the most items found will get a pic of the loser team looking sad and distraught from their loss :sad2:, while the losing team will get a pic of the winner team rejoicing in all their glory party:. What do you all think? I think this has to be the perfect prize.
I LOVE IT!!! :love:

just out of curiosity do you consider DHS landmark to be the Chinese theater or the sorcerers hat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter