A Reservation Procedure/System Must Be In Place for Galaxy's Edge @ DHS

A virtual queue is still going to create a massive "line around the block" which Disney is going to want to avoid.

Something else is coming. It won't be exactly what DL does, but it won't be nothing. Disney is not going to waste the positive press they've gotten so far on a bad opening at HS.
I've been trying to stay away from this thread since this issue has been discussed ad nauseam in several other thread. But how exactly will it be bad press for Disney?
They have said no reservations from the beginning
The have extensively posted about the capacity of the land and how you might not be able to get in
Everyone knows it will be busy
They are not going to do a reservation system like DL because it is technically impossible
If they open a lottery or sign up system into the land people staying on property and not getting reservation will complain (bad press)
If they allow only certain WDW resorts to have a reserved time people staying at the other WDW resorts will complain (bad press)
They are giving on site guests all of the advantage only 3 days after opening, for 2 months, off site guests will most likely be shut out of the land until the afternoon or evening hours everyday because the land will fill up with onsite guests using the EEMH
The virtual queue will be a fair way to manage people and not having them line up. I hope the only way to get into the virtual queue is if you are at DHS and people are not able to get in from other parks. SWGE is new, it will be extremely popular, they handled Pandora well, had a line outside the land, water coolers, umbrellas, now with an implementation of a virtual queue even that won't be needed.
Could they do some sort of system? sure. But I'm not counting on it or planning that one will be in place. I will sleep in my car or inside the park or outside the park, whatever they decide to do because it is that important to me.

I've been trying to stay away from this thread since this issue has been discussed ad nauseam in several other thread. But how exactly will it be bad press for Disney?
They have said no reservations from the beginning
The have extensively posted about the capacity of the land and how you might not be able to get in
Everyone knows it will be busy
They are not going to do a reservation system like DL because it is technically impossible
If they open a lottery or sign up system into the land people staying on property and not getting reservation will complain (bad press)
If they allow only certain WDW resorts to have a reserved time people staying at the other WDW resorts will complain (bad press)
They are giving on site guests all of the advantage only 3 days after opening, for 2 months, off site guests will most likely be shut out of the land until the afternoon or evening hours everyday because the land will fill up with onsite guests using the EEMH
The virtual queue will be a fair way to manage people and not having them line up. I hope the only way to get into the virtual queue is if you are at DHS and people are not able to get in from other parks. SWGE is new, it will be extremely popular, they handled Pandora well, had a line outside the land, water coolers, umbrellas, now with an implementation of a virtual queue even that won't be needed.
Could they do some sort of system? sure. But I'm not counting on it or planning that one will be in place. I will sleep in my car or inside the park or outside the park, whatever they decide to do because it is that important to me.
People complain no matter what, limited crowds with reservation = complaints, no reservations but virtual queue = complaints, free for all = complaints.

People complain no matter what, limited crowds with reservation = complaints, no reservations but virtual queue = complaints, free for all = complaints.
exactly which is why they will do what they have said they will do all along...forget the use of "at this time" or "at the moment" when they write things up. It's like when they include "select resorts" but it always ends of being all WDW resorts.
They will not use any sort of reservation system that will exclude on site guests from getting in, that will create a bigger problem.
If they give out reservation for people staying at Deluxe/DVC resorts firt then they are elitist
if they give out reservations first come first served to everyone staying onsite and value resort guest gets it but Deluxe resort guest doesn't then they complain because they are paying more.
EEMH is their way of giving onsite the upper hand for 2 whole months

Last edited:

But how exactly will it be bad press for Disney?

Lines for miles, in the blistering heat, with crying kids in tow who make it all the way to the magical gates only to be turned away because they dared to show up at 4 am instead of 1:30 in the morning being interviewed by national press and bloggers is a MUCH worse scenario than people irritated because they didn't get a reservation. Juxtaposed against the relatively flawless opening of SWGE in DL, and Disney will have egg on its face for having poor alignment across the two openings.

It's not just about the bad press in general. It's about sending a message of "don't bother coming to DW for the next 6 months to a year, it's a disaster trying to get in, might as well spend that time at Universal...ooh they have a new Hagrid ride!!" that Disney will want to avoid.

Lines for miles, in the blistering heat, with crying kids in tow who make it all the way to the magical gates only to be turned away because they dared to show up at 4 am instead of 1:30 in the morning being interviewed by national press and bloggers is a MUCH worse scenario than people irritated because they didn't get a reservation. Juxtaposed against the relatively flawless opening of SWGE in DL, and Disney will have egg on its face for having poor alignment across the two openings.

It's not just about the bad press in general. It's about sending a message of "don't bother coming to DW for the next 6 months to a year, it's a disaster trying to get in, might as well spend that time at Universal...ooh they have a new Hagrid ride!!" that Disney will want to avoid.
But why will there be lines in the sweltering heat if there's a virtual queue system?

Yulilin3 may be right. WDW is adding a tremendous amount of EMH; I think that`s there solution, as opposed to some kind of virtual queue. Let`s hope it will be sufficient!

Honestly nothing will be truly "sufficient" to satisfy everyone but I really feel it won't be that bad once we get a few weeks past opening day. This is the second of these lands so people who "had to get there right away" already went to DLR

Don't get me wrong, it will be crowded and right when it opens will be nuts but I don't think it will be just madness for months and months and months

Yulilin3 may be right. WDW is adding a tremendous amount of EMH; I think that`s there solution, as opposed to some kind of virtual queue. Let`s hope it will be sufficient!
Even outside of EMH they would likely still need a virtual queue or physical queue at periods as the land itself is going to have a capacity.

I’m still a proponent for a reservation system for onsite guests similar to DL.

Why force the 30k room guests into a small 3hr block when you can spread them out over a full day 6am to 10pm? What’s the difference? If 10k-15k people show up to EEMH, the queue will already be sold out for the day for non resorts guests.

I'm going to be there opening day and I'm still praying for some kind of reservation system. If not a reservation system, then some hard ticket event for after the 10pm closing. I'd gladly pay extra to not have to wait in ridiculous lines during an August day in Orlando.

Why would people form a line to get in the virtual queue?

Help me understand how a virtual queue works. My understanding was, you line up to get some sort of card or call back item (or text message) which allows you to come back at a specific time. But you would still have to line up early to access the virtual queue, much like Jedi Training.

Help me understand how a virtual queue works. My understanding was, you line up to get some sort of card or call back item (or text message) which allows you to come back at a specific time. But you would still have to line up early to access the virtual queue, much like Jedi Training.
no, a VIRTUAL queue is done through the phone by using the app. DL will implement this system come June 24th. You are in the park, the land is full, you go on the app and sign in to the virtual queue to get a virtual place in line, then you get notified when you are able to enter. If you go on the DL app right now you can see a tab that sats "SWGE status and access" I believe this is where you will go to get into the VQ once the reservation period is over
brief description at sec 50 here
This same system is currently used for several attractions here at Universal and I would think that we will have a VQ in DHS with land opening

@fiasco32 I think you are confused with the current system to enter Oga's and Savi's. BTW I also believe that when we open here we will have an actual reservations system, like an ADR, for both of these locations so people don't have to line up and put their name in. But that is yet to be seen, maybe they will do a combo of advance reservations and walk up availability

@fiasco32 I think you are confused with the current system to enter Oga's and Savi's. BTW I also believe that when we open here we will have an actual reservations system, like an ADR, for both of these locations so people don't have to line up and put their name in. But that is yet to be seen, maybe they will do a combo of advance reservations and walk up availability

Fair enough, perhaps you can describe what type of virtual queue HS might employ for entry into SWGE itself (and how that would be fundamentally different than a reservation system)? Apologies if you posted earlier but I may have missed it.

All I can say is that I am glad our trip isn't until Sept 27th. Gives it time to settle. ANd gives me time to know how to work it.

Also wanted to say that any kind of reservation or virtual queue system gives me pause since Disney's IT is atrocious. So, not sure I want to rely on any kind of technology for getting into SWGE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!