A Real Princess Goes to the Magic Kingdom!

I'm sitting here coughing and sneezing, too, but you made my day!! :goodvibes

I cannot wait to hear all the wonderful details; I'm so happy for your family!

pixiedust: to Jason, hope he is doing better now.

Kathy

Yeah! So glad to hear your princess got to dine with all the other ones at MK. Sorry to hear about the pics....looking forward to your TR.... I hope you and the other wish trippers took some group photos!

~Elisa

Hey guys! We are still sorting out our pictures too. I hung our camera case to the stroller, stroller fell over, breaking a disc in half. GKTW is trying to recover any info. off of our disks that they can. I just feel awful about that. We were having trouble with our personal camera also before this happened, and after. Our personal camera malfuntioned, I mean we didn't realize until the end of the trip that if the file cue wasn't up, the pictures didn't save....we lost so many pictures that way, they just vanished into cyberspace...whaaaaah! We still have a lot though, and our trip was amazing!!!!!!!! It was great meeting Bill and his Family, his daughter is just so vibrant and joyful, and LeeLee's children were just precious and their excitement about princesses is infectious. Lee Lee's son won a dream meeting with Cinderella and called and invited us to join them. It was a blast. Our trip was amazing. We have a crazy amount of things going on, came home to a broken air conditioner and dd and Black Ear Envy needed to see doctors. A little snag with the rental car of $500 accidentally being put on our debit card instead of the wish organizaton paying so yikes!....hope to get that straightened out..gulp. My children got to meet Zena, the princess of MLG orlando (Halo 2-gaming). DD got her songs of love song...and I plan to put the video of her listening to it on U tube...except it has her name on it. I want to find a way to block her name out. :woohoo:

Hi to all! You know it's not funny, but it is!! Of Course I have a wierd sense of humor! O.k. Bill and WYM both had camera problems, Well on our 2nd day there we lost 1 of the disposable cameras on a bus. It was full of pics from the night before. It lacked 2 pic of being full. We had my digital and then the WISH org had given us sev. disposable cameras. This one had all the Fantasmic pics on it.:sad2: I don't know what was up with us and our cameras!!! Hope I didn't jinx the rest of you!!!!
For all of you out there BillLin are an amazing family. Their DD is precious and I have some good pics of her and my son having a Water fight with their Mist bottles!! We so enjoyed getting to meet them 2x!!!
WYM is great!! I was so glad that they let us share our dream w/them. The Dream team member was GREAT!! O.k. I'm not saying anymore details We'll save that for the TR!! I'm hoping to start one soon but I've been sick since we got back. I'm feeling lots better today and now I'm going to finish unpacking and then clean my house!! A week with Momma sick is NOT good!!1 On the other hand B's surgery was rescheduled for this coming week which was a good thing considering how sick I got on Thurs!!
Bill, Can't wait to see those pics!!!!!!!!!! Give Lysi a hug for me!

LeeLee, now that is funny. It's like we wish families just can't handle one more responsibility....I can juggle everything else, but that and keeping track of cameras, batteries, video cameras.....something that we aren't used to put us over the edge! I am formulating some great camera tips that should help others though. One is putting name and addresses on portable cameras so that if found, someone could mail them to you. I won't give all my tips away either....you'll just have to read my trip report. I started my trip report today.

I feel like it's a holiday having you all back!! :rotfl2: I CAN 'T WAIT TO READ THE TRIP REPORTS!!!! Sounds like everyone had a magical time and it makes it even more exciting for us. I have become addicted to the Disboards while you were all away since I didn't have your updates to read. There is so much information on here it's crazy but none of it will be as exciting as reading your TR's. Thanks guys...

Well.... my DW Lin had gotten a chest cold while we were on the trip. :sick:She did a good job trying to minimize it and kept going like a trooper. She started dragging on Friday, but seemed a bit better on Saturday. Unfortunately, she gave it to me. It hit on Monday when we got back to Washington. I was pretty much doing okay on Tuesday at work, but Wednesday was worse. We had my work's annual retreat starting that evening. I took a bit of a rest at home before going up to the retreat (in the mountains near our ski resort). It really hit me when I was on my way up a high tree on the ropes course. :scared1: It felt like someone hit me in the chest, but being a stubborn Scotsman I was not about to come back down until I finished. I was on a foot wire 50 feet up and had to cross to another tree. The guy down below kept saying, "Bill, are you making good choices here," :confused: but I finished.

Needless to say, I spent Friday through Sunday flat on my back in bed. It kind of hit my heart. Monday, I managed at work, though was bit slow. Tuesday and Wednesday were scans at Children's Hospital. That is always stressful and wearing. Lysi did Great and her scans looked good. She is still growing too fast (which ironically could limit her height in the long run). All the cancer scans looked clear though. Our housing assistance in Spokane has dried up for families of cancer kids. The Rypien Foundation (which had helped us in recent years) ran out of money. The local hotel chain the used to help a lot has cut way back, and Ronald McDonald House was full and overflowing. There really is a huge need in our area. Fortunately, we had enough money on hand to pay for a discount room at a hotel across from the hospital.:goodvibes

I have most of today off to rest, and will rest on the weekend, but wanted to get started on my report here. I am sorry for the delay.

I had two friends, one from the Christian community in our town and one from work tell me, "Something will happen to throw your plans out of whack, just go with the flow and live in the moment." :confused3 Well they were sure right. The day before we were to leave for Grandpa's house in Davenport WA, Jason, the 26 year old announced that he was hurting too much from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and might not make the trip. This really stressed everyone out, including Lysi. :guilty: We told him to rest and wait and see, and reminded him that he could be in a wheel chair the whole time, or just hang around at Give Kids the World Village if he did not feel like going to a theme park. He did not want to try this. The rest of us, Bill, Lin, Kyle 13 and the Princess Elysia left for Grandpa's. The next day was Sunday. Jason called to say he would not be coming. We debated rescheduling the trip, but decided that was not fair to Lysi. With a cancer kid, you cannot just assume things will always be all right. There was no guarantee Jason would be better at a later date anyway. It was uncertain about scheduling time around my work as well. We decided to go without him.:sad1:

Poor little Lysi really felt bad about it that day, but she bounced back the next morning when it was time to fly out. She never once mentioned it on the trip and it did not spoil things for her at all, thankfully.princess:

Glad to see you Bill_Lin......I think we were all starting to worry just a bit about ya! :grouphug: I can't wait to read more trip report!!!:cool1:

At 3:30 a.m. PDT we got up to head to the airport. :faint: Grandpa drove us in his minivan for the 45 minute drive to Spokane. :drive: There was NO traffic on US Highway 2 at that hour and the stars were bright. Everyone was too excited to sleep in the van.

October12007002.jpg

We had no trouble checking in and met with Kathy, our Make a Wish Coordinator.

October12007001.jpg

We got on the first plane to Seattle, armed with a Leap Pad and my buddy's DVD player with extended battery. Lysi spent most of the time staring out the window to watch our plane arrive or other planes take off. It was her first time flying.

October12007004.jpg

The flight attendants welcomed Lysi in a special way and gave us each a set of stick on wings. Before Jason cancelled, we had a row of three seats together and two in a separate row. Alaska Airlines explained, when we cancelled Jason's seat, that they could not give one of us his seat to make two rows of two seats. One person would have to sit alone in the odd seat. I did this for the flight to Seattle.

On the flight from Seattle to Orlando (which was boarding when we arrived in Seattle) Linda took the odd seat. She tried to get the man on the aisle to trade with her so we could all be in a row, but he wanted the aisle seat. This was funny, because he never got up once to use the restroom in the 5 hours of flight, but had to keep getting up to let my DW or the other lady in the row get out. This time on her own was kind of nice for Lin though as she had a break from Mom duties and could rest. Lysi and I had a lot of fun with the Leap Pad and Kyle used the DVD player to watch Spider Man 2. Lysi finally ended up sleeping for much of the five hour flight.

October12007009.jpg

October12007016.jpg

October12007012.jpg

At Orlando airport, Philipa, from GKTW met us with a nice sign welcoming Lysi.

October12007017.jpg

She watched our things and the Princess well the rest of us gathered luggage. She whisked us off to Avis to get our vehicle, an Olds Uplander (kind of a minivan-SUV-Suburban cross). It was brand new. We headed out, following the excellent directions provided at gktw.org and arrived at the village in good time. :drive: Although it did feel humid in Florida, it was nothing like the build up we had gotten from the internet research I had done. :surfweb: I noticed a very different smell the whole time we were there, but it was not unpleasant. It was fun seeing all the palm trees. The toll roads were a bit odd for us, as we do not have such things where we live.

At the House of Hearts, we met with a really nice older man from New York who was very sweet to us. Lysi kept staring out the window or looking at the scale model of the village. She was enthralled. She got a big Mickey Mouse and we headed to our villa. I drove the "rig" following a golf cart.

October12007018.jpg

Our villa was number 299 but it is the first one you come to. It was right across from the Gingerbread House. A nice basket of goodies was in our room, with little gifts for the kids, the GKTW version of Candy Land, Fudge, Pringles, comic books and crayons.

At the Gingerbread House, we were received with great kindness and friendliness by the volunteers. The food was very good and PLENTIFUL.

Mayor Clayton and Ms. Merry came to the Gingerbread House. Lysi immediately ran up and hugged them. She had ZERO fear or nervousness around characters. Meeting characters turned out to be her favorite part of the trip. That really surprised me as she is normally very shy around new people or new experiences.

October12007026.jpg

October12007025.jpg

After dinner we rode the carousel and checked out the Castle of Miracles. Kyle loved the animation creator, and Lysi dressed up in Princess clothes that they have there.

October12007027.jpg

October12007034.jpg

We had been strongly urged to attend a Safari Double Dare event that night in the Theater, so I took the kids there while Lin went to orientation. That was a big step for me, to send her to orientation since I had been the information and research guy all along. Lysi was able to get me in the face with a whipped cream pie, so the kids loved it.

DSC_0090crop.jpg

October12007035.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

Lin and I took our first or many whirlpool baths to soothe our already sore muscles. We slept great in the HUGE bed. Kyle and Lysi slept in the kids room beds.:cloud9:

I'm sorry you have been so sick. I'm gald it hit you after the trip and that your wife was able to be such a great trooper (we usually are!! :thumbsup2 ) when she didn't feel well.
I am loving your report- you are doing a fabulous job, as I knew you would. We met with our wish granters on Wed. and it made the trip feel so real. I have spent some time in your neck of the woods and have flown in and out of GEG and SEA airports so it's fun to add my own visuals to all of this.
I'm looking forward to more!! :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

We figured that our first day should be a short one. One thing that I drastically underestimated in my pre-trip planning was how long it would take to get everyone up, fed and on the road each day. For one thing, we were tired each morning. For another thing, there were often characters at GKTW when we had breakfast. I ended up figuring that it saved time in the long run to see them at the Village instead of trying to find them at the theme parks.

We took the time to ride the carriage ride around the Village with a nice family from Greenwich, England. It was a good way to check out the layout of the Village.

IMG_0005.jpg

This was Tuesday, September 18th and Sea Word Day.

October12007104.jpg

October12007096crop.jpg

I keep telling my wife that we didn't actually get lost that morning, we just could not find a way into the parking lot for Sea World. By the way, the GKTW directions let us down here. Do NOT turn left until you get past the light by the parking lot, as the only entrance is past the light.

We started off with a character greet. We NEVER had to wait in line to meet characters at any theme park. Only once did I hear a family complain about this after the CMs explained about Make a Wish, this was a German family at Epcot, and we happened to arrive just before Jasmine and Genie's break time.

October12007036crop.jpg

Lysi really liked the kid rides at Shamu's Happy Harbor.

October12007050crop.jpg

October12007052crop.jpg

Linda's favorite part was the Shamu "Believe" show.

October12007079crop.jpg

My favorite exhibit was the Manatee Rescue area. The manatees are so peaceful and serene.

October12007089.jpg

We ended up skipping the Dolphin "Blue Horizons" Show, but already were beginning to realize that we would not have time to do everything, so we should pick and choose and try not to be in such a rush that we should fail to enjoy each moment as it came.

October12007082crop.jpg

We had a lot of unexpected "turns" and setbacks during the trip, that seemed like a big deal at the time, but in hindsight were minor frustrations, or even funny. To understand this first story, you have to get some background on me. I have an uncanny habit of, in perfect innocence, saying the right thing at the wrong time. I particularly have a history of dwarf comments. Please understand that I am only 5'5" myself and come from a family of very short stature.

When my youngest son, Scott was young, he was pretty small (though he is now 6' tall). I had a very large friend who liked to call Scott, the Dweebo Dwarf as a nickname. That name kind of stuck in Scott's early years. On a long road trip, my family stopped at Taco Bell in The Dalles, Oregon, to use the restroom. We were all standing in the hall waiting. I had my back to the men's room door, but everyone else could see it over my shoulder. There was a broom closet in the hall. Scottie asked what it was. I said (again in all innocence and ignorance) that is the dweebo dwarf closet, but you can't go in there, there is already a dweebo dwarf in there. Just as I said these words I saw everyone's eyes get very wide. The hair on the back of my neck stood up. Looking over my shoulder, I saw that as I said the immortal words, "You can't go in there, there's already a dweebo dwarf in there," a dwarf had walked out of the men's room. To make matters worse, when I saw him, I could not help laughing; not at him, at myself. He shook his head. I can only think he must have thought, "Who are you to talk buddy?"

If this is not enough, when recounting this story to a friend as we entered another Taco Bell in Spokane, Washington, another dwarf walked out of the restaurant. On still another occasion, I was window shopping with Lin in Leavenworth, Washington. There was a Seven Dwarves theme that summer in many of the shop windows. As I said, "Oh look Lin, there is another dwarf," she said, "Bill you have done it again." I said, "You've got to be kidding." She said, "Look around the corner," and sure enough, there was a dwarf. Now, I think you will agree that God has a sense of humor and is trying to keep me humble. Sadly, I have said a lot of other stupid things at the wrong time.

Because of the above events, my wife simply HAD to forward to me a story she read on the internet about a woman who accidentally rear ended another car driven by a dwarf. When the man got out to confront her, he said, "I am not happy." For some reason this struck her as funny and she said, "Then which one are you."

All of this is background to what happened at Sea World. We had found a really nice sit down restaurant that served a variety of food including fish. When I tried to pay for the meal with one of my pre-paid debit cards, it was refused as expired. I had already spend three hours on the phone with Netspend to activate and straighten out my cards. They were terribly disorganized. The person I called from Sea World could barely speak English. He seemed unfamiliar with the English names for numerals. This made giving him by card number rather interesting. I immediately asked to speak with a supervisor, but only got as far as eternal hold. I hung up the phone and walked into the restaurant. I said to Lin, "I am not happy!" She immediately started shaking. When she does this, I know that I am about to be laughed at hysterically because she cannot help herself. Suddenly she blurted out, "Then which one are you?" I about choked to death on my now-cold hamburger, but it sure snapped me out of a bad mood quickly. See why I love her so much? She is really good for me.

I had to include this picture because I really thought the native birds, such as this Egret, were awesome.

October12007098.jpg

At the end of the day we picked up some cool souvenirs. Kyle bought a necklace and Lysi got a Princess purse with Dolly the Dolphin in it and a little Shamu. Sea World was very nice. We bypassed lines for rides, although the park was not crowded, but did not try to get privileges for show seating. We got soaked as it was. I have some video footage from the GKTW video camera we borrowed. You can see a wall of water coming at me, then my hand covering the lens as I protected the camera. We all loved the Wild Arctic simulator ride. Lysi thought Journey to Atlantis was too steep and too wet. It was a bit like Splash Mountain on steroids, but Kyle and I liked it. He loved Kraken.

Lysi got to feed and pet the dolphins. Free feeder fish were provided to her. She was given special treatment and help in meeting the dolphins. She also got free fish to feed the seals. It was a wonderful day.

dolphinfeed.jpg

October12007099.jpg

Back at the village we had dinner, then hit the water park and pool. Lysi went RIGHT to sleep at the end of the day.

October12007105.jpg

Bill:

Yeah! You started! So glad to hear you and Lin are on the mend. I hate it when one of my crew catches something because I know it will circulate through the family for the next 2 months. For us the big trick is making sure no one catches the bug for the second time.

It was fun reading what you had posted so far...the "Happy" joke is very funny. I really enjoyed the GKTW pictures...like seeing photos of an old friend; and am looking forward to reading more from all the recent wish trippers.

Our kids get Fall Break here (like spring break only in October). It comes at the 1/2 way point in the semester. We are on our way to Texas to visit with my parents. I'll be looking forward to catching up on all the TR's when I get back....glad you all had a wonderful time!

~Elisa

This was the day of days, the focus of Lysi's original wish.:wizard:

:tink:All I can say about MK and the Disney Cast Member's is WOW. They were so over the top with royal treatment. The thing I noticed most was the CM smiles. Sea World was nice and the folks were kind and polite, but I never had the feeling that they liked their jobs. At DW, everyone smiled and acted happy. I don't know how WDW pulls that off on such a large scale with so many people, but it was AMAZING! I love Disney even more now than I did before our trip.:love:

It was the night before..... We were walking across the village when the sky opened up and it started to pour. :umbrella: I just love my Pendleton hat the kept the rain off. I have had that hat for more than 10 years and it has kept me shaded from the sun, dry in the rain and warm in the snow for more walks than I could count.

It seemed to rain and storm all night. I kind of enjoyed the sound of the storm while we were inside, cozy and warm. There is nothing like a whirlpool bath to create a positive mental outlook. :cloud9: We had goodies waiting for us in the room when we got there Tuesday night. Dinner at the Gingerbread House was great, as were our ice cream sundaes at the Ice Cream Palace.

The next morning, still raining, we had a quick and early "Continental Breakfast" at the Gingerbread House. We were happy to see that the strawberry waffles were up and ready. They were great every morning. The House volunteers were so sweet, kind and friendly to us. Lysi and I started a game at meals, where we would play "I Spy" using the dolls around the roof.

We headed to MK.

October12007175crop.jpg

We were told that we were on the fringes of Tropical Storm Ivan, or Irene, or something like that. The folks back home read on line that we were in the middle of a Hurricane. Well, our storms back home are a LOT worse than that storm.

We had our matching blue ponchos to keep us dry (Lysi's has Mickey on it and was Kyle's when he went 8 years ago with Lin).

October12007109.jpg

It was a tad cool, but not cold at all. As at all the parks (Except Universal which made a BIG deal about seeing our Free Parking Pass), when we showed our Give Kids the World Button, we were directed to up front Handicapped Parking. It may have helped that we had our placard on the mirror.

From Disney Transportation, we took the ferry to MK. It was virtually empty. A lot more people got off the monorail on the other side, but they may have been from the resorts as Free Dining was still on. We did not get to do LOEMH in the morning, but that was okay as we did not have time or energy for that long a day.

After clearing the Bag Check, I left the side pocket open on the Video Camera Bag and lost my first cd from Sea World and the first day at the Village as well as some blank disks. I was pretty bummed, but still had a lot of Sea World footage on the disk in the camera. Feeling downcast, I retraced my steps back to the bag check, then went to Guest Services to report the loss. They never did find the disks, but a LOT of good came out of it. Guest services at MK makes you really feel like a guest and they sure provide good service.

A CM named Jeff (I wish I had taken his picture) took my report. He saw my Make a Wish Button and asked about Elysia's wish. At this time Lysi, Lin and Kyle were meeting some characters across Main Street. I told Jeff that Lysi had wanted to stay in the castle but that we understood why that was not possible. I told him that we had not gotten our dates in time to get a meal in the castle, and could she possibly have a chance to just peak in the room. In typical Disney CM fashion he said, "Let me see what I can do," and disappeared behind the magic curtain in the back. A few minutes later Jeff came back and asked, "Can you do breakfast at the Castle in half an hour?" He did not have to ask twice. He had pulled some strings to get us in at the last minute.

I found the crew and told them the good news, then we hurried off to the castle.

October12007119crop.jpg

We met with Cinderella and had our pictures taken, then went upstairs for brunch. Jasmine, Belle, Snow White and the Fairy Godmother each came over to spend some time with Lysi. She was so ecstatic! I was extremely impressed by the acting skill, voices and mannerisms of the Princesses. The magic sure worked for me. Lyis got her signatures in a book we purchased when we got our free double stroller (We had double strollers the whole week for free, although for Universal, we had to get "tickets" at the House of Hearts beforehand).

Cinderella.jpg

October12007111scan.jpg

October12007112scan.jpg

October12007110scan.jpg

October12007115crop.jpg

I really enjoyed watching Lysi make her "Wish" with the wand she received from Cinderella. It was a moment beyond magic, dreams and wishes.

October12007114.jpg

When we came down stairs after brunch, I was pretty choked up by all the magic and could not talk. Lysi wanted to know why I was crying. She does not yet understand the concept of happy tears. As an added bonus, the rain was gone as well. That storm must have scared a lot of the locals away, because the park was FAR from crowded all day long. The only crowd we ran into was at the Fireworks show as the park was emptying.

After the castle, we headed to Adventureland by way of Liberty Square. At the Haunted Mansion, we asked a CM if we could bypass the line, but their literally was NO line. We went right in. The ride had just been refurbished and it was WAY better than the one at DL. There is a magic stairway room that is new and has footsteps that magically appear, kind of like in Harry Potter. The "Bride" now has a face that moves and speaks and is really creepy. Lysi did not like the elevator room and hanging man at all, but was not scared on the rest of the ride. Kyle and I loved it, and found a chance to hit the ride again later.

After HM, we did the Tiki Room, where the fake storm was kind of funny after having the real thing that morning. Then it was off to Pirates of the Caribbean. We asked about line bypass again, and were told that the line was so short, their was no bypass line open. We had a very short wait as we went through the queue. I was really glad to see the queue because it is awesome in itself. Captain Jack can be seen in several scenes and is SO real looking.

October12007124scan-2.jpg

We went on to take in the Magic Carpets of Aladdin.
October12007122.jpg

Next was Splash Mountain. Lysi was psyched out for that ride after doing Journey to Atlantis the Day before, but she enjoyed the Uncle Remus theme a lot. She was NOT about to try a fast ride, so Kyle and I did Thunder Mountain while Lin and Lysi went to Tom Sawyer Island. We took the GAC with us. It turned out on many occasions that it was the actual pass that made the magic happen. Usually, the Make a Wish buttons were enough, but the occasional CM needed the pass to get us through. It did not matter if Lysi was with us as long as we had the pass.

October12007128cro.jpg

After meeting up at Tom Sawyer Island, we went to Fantasyland for Dumbo (Where there was no line bypass). We waited four rides to get on, which was not bad. We took in Peter Pan, Small World and the Carousel. After that we went to the Wish Lounge to meet the famous Matt and Alex who had done so much for WendyGrace and her family. I told them that they were famous on the DISboards for their Disney CM magic. The Wish Lounge was a nice place to unwind, relax, get some bottled water and use a private restroom. Matt suggested that we try the Columbia Harbour House for great Fish and Chips. It was almost empty when we were there. They close at 5:00 p.m. so it was a great place for a late lunch/ early dinner.

October12007130crop.jpg

Kyle and I ducked out early to hit the Haunted Mansion again. This time we went in the back way. It goes through a "servant's entrance" featuring servants bells for Master Gracie's room, etc. The only scary part of the ride happened for me here. As we were waiting in that hall, a door opened and a CM in costume popped out on her way somewhere. I did not even notice the door there and the whole thing scared the beejeebers out of me.:scared1:

Before going to Tomorrowland, we found some more character greets including Captain Jack Sparrow. Again, we were able to "cut line." Captain Jack was so good in his speech patterns, accent, body movements, appearance and conversation that I could find NO flaw. It was JUST like talking to Johnny Depp in character. Later we met some of his friends who work as characters at MK. They were visiting the Village and told us that Captain Jack is THE best and stays in character even for his bus ride home each night. The video we shot with him is priceless.

October12007134crop.jpg

October12007132.jpg

At Tomorrowland, Kyle and I did Space Mountain and learned that I am a lot older than I was the last time I rode it. Still it was FUN. Lysi and Lin did the Transit Authority ride so they could see in Space Mountain. Next we took in the Monster's Inc. Comedy Club Laugh Floor. That was GREAT. Do not miss it. We did the go cart/ Nascar or whaterver ride. Stitch's Great Escape about freaked Lysi out. It was SO real to her that she looked up at the Castle afterward trying to see where Stitch had gotten to. Kyle left his shoulder bag with a mini camera and spyglass on Stitch. He IMMEDIATELY turned around to tell a CM he had left it, but the shows are Back to Back. He had to wait for the next show. While he waited with Lin, Lysi and I took in Winnie the Pooh. We never did get to Toon Town. The bag was not found that day, but later Disney found it and mailed it to us free of charge. Only Disney can work that kind of Magic.:tinker:

October12007146crop.jpg

October12007153crop.jpg

October12007152crop.jpg

We stayed to watch the Fireworks and look at some of the shops. Kyle and Lysi got souvenirs. Kyle's was the medallion from the Pirate's movies and Lysi got Minnie Pirate Mouse ears and a matching Minnie Mouse pirate doll. We checked at lost and found, then headed to the Monorail for a ride back to the parking lot, then on to the Village, and bed. Naturally there were goodies waiting for the kids when we got back. More whirlpools and sleep followed. Did I mention that we were getting really spoiled?

Loving it! Loving it! Loving it! That is the Alexis of our trip but I don't believe that was our guy. Isn't she sweet?!

Lysi just looks sooooo happy! Glad to see you managed to squeeze into some of those pictures! LOL

Magic, magic everywhere. :wizard: The kids look like they are having the time of their lives. Mom and Dad look pretty happy too. Karen

Awesome trip report Bill! My dd took a picture of the same cinderella and prince charming in the window! We just so happened to walk up to the Jack Sparrow show and were able to get a spot and see the last five minutes of it. He was amazing, just like you said. We used the whirlpool tubs at GKTW too. I am sorry your card was declined at dinner...argh! We had a similar thing happen at a dinner that our wish organization prepaid for...ha...at the end of dinner they gave us a bill...gulp....in the end it got worked out and we didn't need to do dishes!

You all look amazing and happy. I just think that all anyone would have to do is look at the smiles on these wish children's faces to know that by donating to these organizations, they were doing an amazing thing!

I am so glad that Lysi got in to see Cinderella and feed dolphins and seee whales!:love:

Shelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter