A Question About Service Dogs...

ducklite

<font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>
Did you get to choose your dogs name, or was your dog pre-named when you got him/her?

Anne

My dog was named by her foster family. Most organizations I know of allow the foster family to choose the name. When the dog finishes being fostered and then goes to the training facility, they have to already have a name so they can be addressed/rewarded during their training sessions. ---Kathy ( and Skye, who came with her name)

I just thought of something else. If there is a dog breeding program going on within the SD organization, sometimes they will label a litter as the "A, "B" or "C" group, etc, for instance, so as to find out later if the puppies turned out well to be SD's in order to make a decision as to whether to breed the same two dogs again. In that case the foster family chooses, but the dog's name must begin with the designated letter to indicate which litter they came from. In other cases ( such as with my dog) the dogs come from breeders who donate them and then there are no restrictions on the name. --Kathy (and Skye - who was donated along with a sister and two brother puppies)

Thanks Kathy! I was just curious. :)

Anne

Just got back from training school friday for my daughter's therphy dog. The other three dogs were service dogs. Only one person got to name their dog because of a name conflict. The dogs name was the same as the boys name that was he was selected for.

Denise in MI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter