• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A question about Palo and the Romantic Escape Package?

shmoogrrrl

Tigger Goddess
After reading some of the good reviews of this package, my husband and I are considering the posibility of booking it for our October 2005 cruise. Since we will be sailing with our little girl, I am not sure how "romantic" I am expecting it to be, but hopefully we will find some time.

For the experts, I have some questions.

1. If we book this package, we would like to be able to do Palo Dinner with our friends that are traveling as well. Can we make the reservation ahead of time for all of us, or is it only allowed for two? Would they also need the package in order for us to do it? (They are not in our room so that "booking for everyone" thing isn't a problem.)

2. Is the spa massage the full length one? We had a package like this on our honeymoon but it was only a 1/2 hour massage as I remember. I'd rather have the full thing.

3. Has anyone done this with kids in the room, and if so, was it worth it?

4. How close to the trip do you set all of this up? Obviously since we are more than a year out from our sailing (*sigh*) this isn't a huge rush!

Thanks!

1. Not sure, but I *think* that you can...someone else here might have done that and can answer better. :)

2. Yes, its full length with either treatment you choose, they told us to expect to spend 1 1/2 hrs there.

3. We had our 10 and 11 yr old with us...and a "rule" set before the cruise that Weds night is "Mommy and Daddy" night (the turndown) and they could do what they wanted and find us at the cabin after 10 worked fine. :rolleyes: ANd then they shared the champagne breakfast with us Thurs. morning - I figured they had to eat SOMEWHERE so we ordered enough for 4 (oj for them tho! *wink*)

4. I think someone else has a thread that they are only booking for 2004 now?

We just got back and had the REAS and you CAN book your friends as a part of the same table to eat with you. We did the high tea and brunch with them but not the dinner (although we COULD have, had we wanted to.).

I was somewhat disappointed in the high tea It was very short, not much to eat but still nice. The brunch was phenomenal as was the dinner.

The massages were great and we brought our champagne to our server the day before our daughter''s birthday and had it at our dinner table.

The package imho is well worth it. Not having to worry about the ressies and having everything booked was a BIG bonus.

Cheers,
Grumbo

I tried to add REAS to my Feb 2005 sailing, but so far, DCL is only booking REAS for 2004 sailings. My TA didn't give me a time frame to check back, but I figured I'll ask again in June to see if they've opened it up for 2005.

I cannot tell you how *bummed* I will be if they discountinue it after reading all the GREAT posts about this add-on!

--CC

Thanks everyone! Glad to know that it will allow us to make the reservation with our friends!

Thanks for all the information. As far as booking it goes, since our sailing is so far away, I think I'll be okay if I have to wait until later to book it. I wouldn't figure we could actually book stuff until MUCH closer to the trip so that is no big deal.

Sounds like a good plan. We will definintly plan to book it when we can if it doesn't change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter