• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Once in Lifetime Adventure in Walt's Wonderful World-lots of pics-COMPLETE

I loved Indy at DL and I loved the River Belle Terrace! It's SO PRETTY inside!!! I had Mickey Pancakes for breakfast! :rotfl: So good!! I'm pretty sure they tasted better because they were shaped like his face! Hehe!

I also love Fantasmic and ToonTown and Space Mountain better at DL!!! So neat! :)

Great update! Sorry y'all never got to see the fireworks from in front of the castle. Like you said, that's for next time! :)

Whew......I get tired just reading your trippie.....no wonder we were exhausted at the end of our days!!! Great job on remembering and documenting what we did....you da best:thumbsup2 :woohoo: :love:

Awwwwwww honey :welcome: to the trippie. Glad you are enjoying it. We did do alot in a day so no wonder we were tired!!!!!!!! Thanks for patting my shoulder in the apartment & understanding my emotions. You are the bestest husband ever.

OK, OK that's it! Now I'm crying. :sad:

I was catching up and feeling all smoozy and misty at your visit to Walts house when the next thing I see is your SWEETEST DH giving you the :thumbsup2 and you lovin' him back. I just LOVE THAT! You guys rock.

If you ever go back to DL (or plan a trip to the PNW) I would love to meet you two. Sweetest EVER people. :hug:

Ok... I'm going back to my regularly scheduled comments now. *SNIFF*

The CM told me that the pile of horse shoes was from the old Mule Pack Ride.
They saved all of them and did not know what to do with them so they piled them up.

I thought they looked way cool also.

I had to go back and look for those but HEY! That's so cool! I have never visited the ranch area. :scared1: I love trivia!

Hi "Travelme!" I saw this pic, and thought - What? She was here and didn't tell me? Then I saw it was a Summer pic! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

That is TOO funny! I will have to tell you if we get down there again! My family will take your family out to dinner at Elmers or something!!! :grouphug:

We also know a guy who does the digital animation for Disney Channel, but he works in Burbank - he doesn't talk much about what he does, but he gets us some cool perks sometimes.
Drill him! :rolleyes1

LOL

Ok... a few things (and I'm not even fully caught up!)

#1) I love your couple's pics!!!! So many cute ones!!! The Indiana Jones, the Doom buggies (Poor Dh had his eyes closed!), and the Reindeer Round up (SO CUTE! I love your cornball pose, it turned out great!) If I was rich I would so totally steal all of those pics off the net and put them in my photobucket account then print them off and make a faboulous collage for you guys!! But, I'm poor, DARN IT! Does the thought count??? :flower3:

#2) Are you kidding about the Limo'd reinedeer??????? Is that true????? I also love the bit about the original stagecoach parts. I feel like I remember those days but I get them confused with my memories form Knott's Berry Farm (if you had grown up in LA you would surely love it just as much... it had character oozing and dripping from its every pore back in the old days)

#3) Aren't those pirate actors a hoot??!! I love them alot. I like them but I think the best part is their interaction with children who believe they are real. TOO MUCH FUN!!!!!! I love the idea of building little crazy kids who think there are real pirates !!! When I was a kid I fully believed that I was shrunken in the shrinking ride at Disneyland. 100% period. Believed.

#4)The Monte Cristo - ALRIGHT THAT'S IT! I officially ACCEPT the Monte Cristo Challenge! I am going to prove the legend of not being able to eat the whole thing is UTTERLY FALSE! I will triumph or my name is not TRAVEL- (da da da ddaaa da da) :drumroll: MEL! ::symbol crash::

smileybananasuperman-2.gif

I get a little worked up sometimes... :sad2:

#4b) OMG that little hidden mickey was cute! :earsgirl:

#5) The Shower in Walt's Apt - a 4 headed shower was swanky back THEN? Hmm.. the height of luxury to me would be to have a four headed shower right now! But, it's only for the swank among us... and (see observation #1) I am not one of them. :rolleyes:

LOL

You are making this TR so much fun! Thanks Melanie

Wonderfu updates, your photos are lovely esp the Its a small world ones, looks so pretty :)

Melanie, Did you step on a Toonhole cover to see what happens? (Over by the store.) Did you step on the four plates next to the fountain? And, did you see the "WD" within the mountains? Did you catch what happens when the characters come out? Toontown is so cute! They do a great job at Christmas time!

Still enjoying your report. I keep hearing about that potato soup! Gosh, I can't wait to try it!!!

#6) The Lilly Belle - Did they tell you that the carpet in the Lilly Belle was the oriignal carpet form Walt's apt?? That made me feel really neat. When we got to ride the Lilly Belle that was so cool to have our own little tour guide (my mini behind the scenes FREE tour!). Also, I noticed that in your pics there looked to be a CUT OUT version of the needlepoint that was in the Lilly Belle when we rode....they told us that Lilly did it herself .... maybe they took it out?
2008-7SoCalDisneylandDAY2057-2.jpg

Just curious :confused3

What a great experience, huh!!?? Did they make you guys wave at every guest you saw? I thought that was cute. I'm a big waver. ::wave::

#7) The Xmas Parade - isn't that so Southern California to see people in shorts and a T-Shirt enjoying the Christmas parade? That was so confusing to me as a kid (I'm a native So Cal girl).. it was like we there was something wrong with us... no colored leaves for fall, no snow for winter.... we only knew how to do summer right. We are a very seasonally challenged people.

#7b) I was SO enjoying all of the little videos and when I got to the gingerbread man pic I tried clicking on it... HEY ... where's the vid??? :lmao:

#8) Fantastmic! - I love your singing! I was totally rocking out and dancing (sitting down) during the show. My DD's were a little embarrassed... DARN TWEENS!!! *SIGH* Do you remember the first itme you saw Fantasmic? I remember that even though DISNEY parades were our "hometown" parades (meaning we had the best) that seeing Fantasmic for the first time stunned even this callous (when you have the best the rest are... well.... lacking) teen. My jaw dropped at the end and I remember thinking... WOW....:eek: Whoa. Even for Disney, THAT was something.

#9) Rides - I'm glad you got to ride the front of SM.. that is a scene on it's own! Except for the watery eyes (I got smart and started wearing sunglasses) it's a BLAST!

Pinochio- didn't you just love that ride? I think it's under appreciated a little bit. The scenery is so beautiful and scary, too. Love it.

and #10) OMG I'm turning into SherryE with my long comments!!

:love: you SherryE!!!! :hug:

i swear i didn't ride the monorail, therefore if it broke, it wasn't THIS Daisy's fault...I cannot neither confirm nor deny the fact that anybody else affiliated with the Daisy group was on it! :lmao:

#4)The Monte Cristo - ALRIGHT THAT'S IT! I officially ACCEPT the Monte Cristo Challenge! I am going to prove the legend of not being able to eat the whole thing is UTTERLY FALSE! I will triumph or my name is not TRAVEL- (da da da ddaaa da da :drumroll: MEL! ::symbol crash::

OK - If you can do that I will be TOTALLY impressed! I could only manage 1 1/2 of the 4 pieces!

:goodvibes Thanks for the tip! Is that the same as ... SNA - Santa Ana John Wayne International Airport? I have been pricing flights and it seems to be cheaper to fly into SNA than LAX. I am also contemplating a roadtrip. The ABD price I was quoted did NOT include the flight. We drove many moons ago from Texas to Las Vegas, NV. We loved the drive and stopped off at the Grand Canyon. Now with the three kiddos, we may try it again. They travel VERY well in the car (nine driving trips to Orlando (WDW) in four years and three roadtrips to Massachusetts). I have planned out a "tentative" itinerary (TX - Albuquerque, NM - Grand Canyon, AZ - Las Vegas, NV - Los Angeles, CA - Anaheim, CA/DLR - San Diego, CA/Legoland & the Beach - NM - TX (Home) Okay after reading all that myself, we may fly! ;)

:surfweb: Jennifer

Yes, it IS SNA! I love a road trip, but I'm usually not driving - DH hates to drive. I wish we had taken our kids on a cross country trip driving so they could see and appreciate more - that being said - Road Trip with 3 kiddos?:scared1: J/K - actually sounds like a fun itinerary!

I had to go back and look for those but HEY! That's so cool! I have never visited the ranch area. :scared1: I love trivia!

That is TOO funny! I will have to tell you if we get down there again! My family will take your family out to dinner at Elmers or something!!! :grouphug:

Drill him! :rolleyes1

LOL

It's a date! We ARE listed in a travel magazine as one of the top 10 best places in the West to visit - Apparently they haven't BEEN to DL!:rotfl2:

I don't think our Disney friend really has any secrets - just humble. I know when it snows or there are balloons, etc. animated on the Disney Channel breaks, he is responsible.

Melanie! I loved the update - thanks for sharing the Fantasmic video! I haven't seen it at DL yet - perhaps because of the seating arrangements.

Where is the River Belle- I can't remember:confused3 It looks really good!:thumbsup2

I can't believe I have only just realised that your trip report was posted onto a new thread. I had been waiting patiently for notification of new posts on the original pre-trippie thread. In the end I gave up and went looking and wow - what can I say! What an unbelievably amazing experience. I have read the first three days and I am totally blown away! Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful magical experience and some stunning photographs!
This sort of trip would be a dream come true for me!

As I Daisy, I apologize for breaking all of the rides :thumbsup2
It ok Andrea..........you didn't mean too. It sure did make for a running funny joke.:rotfl:

What a great trip report. I am so looking forward to our first trip to Disneyland in August. :tigger: Thank you so much for sharing.
:welcome: Osahwa!!!!!!!! I am loving sharing this with everyone.

I loved Indy at DL and I loved the River Belle Terrace! It's SO PRETTY inside!!! I had Mickey Pancakes for breakfast! :rotfl: So good!! I'm pretty sure they tasted better because they were shaped like his face! Hehe!

I also love Fantasmic and ToonTown and Space Mountain better at DL!!! So neat! :)

Great update! Sorry y'all never got to see the fireworks from in front of the castle. Like you said, that's for next time! :)
No, I have a list of things that I feel like we need to go back & do SOON!!!! With the ABD trip & then Walk in Walt's footsteps tour, we felt like we really only had about a day & a half to explore on our own & it wasn't enough.

OK, OK that's it! Now I'm crying. :sad:

I was catching up and feeling all smoozy and misty at your visit to Walts house when the next thing I see is your SWEETEST DH giving you the :thumbsup2 and you lovin' him back. I just LOVE THAT! You guys rock.

If you ever go back to DL (or plan a trip to the PNW) I would love to meet you two. Sweetest EVER people. :hug:

Ok... I'm going back to my regularly scheduled comments now. *SNIFF*
Awwwwww thanks Melissa. DH doesn't post on the DIS often, but he is reading along on my trippie & I love that he decided to say hello. If we get back out that way, I'll let you know. We did meet one DISer besides the few that were on our tour & that was lots of fun. That will be coming up later.

Ok... a few things (and I'm not even fully caught up!)

#1) I love your couple's pics!!!! So many cute ones!!! The Indiana Jones, the Doom buggies (Poor Dh had his eyes closed!), and the Reindeer Round up (SO CUTE! I love your cornball pose, it turned out great!) If I was rich I would so totally steal all of those pics off the net and put them in my photobucket account then print them off and make a faboulous collage for you guys!! But, I'm poor, DARN IT! Does the thought count???
That is a lovely thought. We don't usually do silly poses so I am not sure what came over us this trip.
#2) Are you kidding about the Limo'd reinedeer??????? Is that true????? I also love the bit about the original stagecoach parts. I feel like I remember those days but I get them confused with my memories form Knott's Berry Farm (if you had grown up in LA you would surely love it just as much... it had character oozing and dripping from its every pore back in the old days)
The turkeys really are flown in first class & picked up in a limo. It really is true. We were just watching one of the Disney Treasures DVD's today about Disneyland secrets & saw the stagecoaches. Really cool.
#3) Aren't those pirate actors a hoot??!! I love them alot. I like them but I think the best part is their interaction with children who believe they are real. TOO MUCH FUN!!!!!! I love the idea of building little crazy kids who think there are real pirates !!! When I was a kid I fully believed that I was shrunken in the shrinking ride at Disneyland. 100% period. Believed.
The pirates were great. I wish I had gotten that one guys picture. He was the BEST!!!
#4)The Monte Cristo - ALRIGHT THAT'S IT! I officially ACCEPT the Monte Cristo Challenge! I am going to prove the legend of not being able to eat the whole thing is UTTERLY FALSE! I will triumph or my name is not TRAVEL- (da da da ddaaa da da) :drumroll: MEL!
Good luck. It's a very heavy sandwich....really good but heavy.

#5) The Shower in Walt's Apt - a 4 headed shower was swanky back THEN? Hmm.. the height of luxury to me would be to have a four headed shower right now! But, it's only for the swank among us... and (see observation #1) I am not one of them. :rolleyes:
LOL
I know I would love to have that now too!!!!!!
You are making this TR so much fun! Thanks Melanie
Really glad you are enjoying the trippie Melissa.....I was having a hard time telling if you did or not.:rotfl:

Wonderfu updates, your photos are lovely esp the Its a small world ones, looks so pretty :)
:welcome: Sarah. Small World was gorgeous all done up for the holidays.

Melanie, Did you step on a Toonhole cover to see what happens? (Over by the store.) Did you step on the four plates next to the fountain? And, did you see the "WD" within the mountains? Did you catch what happens when the characters come out? Toontown is so cute! They do a great job at Christmas time!

Still enjoying your report. I keep hearing about that potato soup! Gosh, I can't wait to try it!!!
Hey Laura. We did step on the fountain ones & hear the music playing. Where is the WD I missed that? I wanted to make it over to Toontown early one morning to see it open up but we just never did. Yet another reason to go back!!!!!!!!!! And I too must have some of that potato soup.

#6) The Lilly Belle - Did they tell you that the carpet in the Lilly Belle was the oriignal carpet form Walt's apt?? That made me feel really neat. When we got to ride the Lilly Belle that was so cool to have our own little tour guide (my mini behind the scenes FREE tour!). Also, I noticed that in your pics there looked to be a CUT OUT version of the needlepoint that was in the Lilly Belle when we rode....they told us that Lilly did it herself .... maybe they took it out?
2008-7SoCalDisneylandDAY2057-2.jpg

They did not tell us about the carpet but that's really cool. Looking at my pictures that is a whole different thing in the screen than what was in there in the pic with your DD's. How cool is that you got to see something Lillian made.
What a great experience, huh!!?? Did they make you guys wave at every guest you saw? I thought that was cute. I'm a big waver. ::wave::
They didn't make us wave. We were talking too much.
#7) The Xmas Parade - isn't that so Southern California to see people in shorts and a T-Shirt enjoying the Christmas parade? That was so confusing to me as a kid (I'm a native So Cal girl).. it was like we there was something wrong with us... no colored leaves for fall, no snow for winter.... we only knew how to do summer right. We are a very seasonally challenged people.
We've seen that at Disney World too!!!!
#7b) I was SO enjoying all of the little videos and when I got to the gingerbread man pic I tried clicking on it... HEY ... where's the vid???
I think I might have video of the gingerbread men, I will go back & look & if I do I will add it just for you.
#8) Fantastmic! - I love your singing! I was totally rocking out and dancing (sitting down) during the show. My DD's were a little embarrassed... DARN TWEENS!!! *SIGH* Do you remember the first itme you saw Fantasmic? I remember that even though DISNEY parades were our "hometown" parades (meaning we had the best) that seeing Fantasmic for the first time stunned even this callous (when you have the best the rest are... well.... lacking) teen. My jaw dropped at the end and I remember thinking... WOW.. Whoa. Even for Disney, THAT was something.
I didn't even realize how much I was singing until I uploaded that video & watched it. So embarrasing, but I love that princess part & wanted to include the video. I saw Fantasmic first at WDW of course, but yes I remember being blown away that first time. I love the Music!!!!
#9) Rides - I'm glad you got to ride the front of SM.. that is a scene on it's own! Except for the watery eyes (I got smart and started wearing sunglasses) it's a BLAST!

Pinochio- didn't you just love that ride? I think it's under appreciated a little bit. The scenery is so beautiful and scary, too. Love it.
I think Pinocchio is a little gem.
and #10) OMG I'm turning into SherryE with my long comments!!

:love: you SherryE!!!! :hug:

i swear i didn't ride the monorail, therefore if it broke, it wasn't THIS Daisy's fault...I cannot neither confirm nor deny the fact that anybody else affiliated with the Daisy group was on it! :lmao:
Glad to know it wasn't you breaking the monorail Sakina. It could have been some of your other members though.:rotfl:

It soooooooooooooo had to be a Daisy that broke the monorail. :rotfl:
I fully agree Mark!!!!!!!!!!

Melanie! I loved the update - thanks for sharing the Fantasmic video! I haven't seen it at DL yet - perhaps because of the seating arrangements.

Where is the River Belle- I can't remember:confused3 It looks really good!:thumbsup2
Tammie, you must see Fantasmic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The River Belle was after the Golden Horseshoe & before you get to New Orleans Square. Beautiful place & the sammy's were yummy.

I can't believe I have only just realised that your trip report was posted onto a new thread. I had been waiting patiently for notification of new posts on the original pre-trippie thread. In the end I gave up and went looking and wow - what can I say! What an unbelievably amazing experience. I have read the first three days and I am totally blown away! Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful magical experience and some stunning photographs!
This sort of trip would be a dream come true for me!
Sarah :welcome: I was afraid I would loose people starting the new theread. Glad you found me. Let me know what you think when you get caught up. It is a dream come true trip.

Also, I finally got my photopass info, but the CD is too expensive in my opinion for the amount of pictures I want, so I decided to make one of their photobooks. Not sure how I can share those photos but when you only want about 30 of the ones they took, I just cannot justify paying for the whole CD. The photobook feature is really cool & I have been having fun playing with it. I will try to post about it when it comes.

We met again in the lobby at 7am for our early breakfast at Goofy's. We had asked about being able to stay in our same room earlier on in the trip after Sunday & this morning asked Kristin about it again. She said they had checked on it & the Grand was having trouble locating our DVC reservation.:scared1: So Eric went back up to get our confirmations & we hung around while she went to talk to the hotel people. The rest of the group went on over for breakfast. We took this time, to take some pictures of the Grand.
The lobby in all it's magnificience
100_5568.jpg

100_5569.jpg

The cozy fireplace
100_5580.jpg

The gorgeous doors
100_5573.jpg

And the soaring Christmas tree
100_5576.jpg

Details
100_5581.jpg

DH enjoying relaxing for a minute..something we didn't do enough of....
100_5583.jpg

Before too long Kristin was back & said apparently something was messed up with a bunch of DVC ressies, but for us not to worry. We would be able to stay in our same room & it would get taken care of. Now this is another reason to love ABD-they fooled with the mess so we didn't have too. It was all worked out by the end of breakfast & all we had to do the next morning was sign a new reservation card & get new keys. Yeah for Kristin :yay:
She walked us over to breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen in the Disneyland hotel & we were starved.
Here is the lovely Kristin with Chip
100_5586.jpg

They have literally everything here-from traditional breakfast items, to peanut butter & jelly pizza to cupcakes for breakfast.:thumbsup2
Goofy's tree
100_5598.jpg

My breakfast......I had a custom made omelette
100_5584.jpg

Desserts we just had to try.........
100_5587.jpg

Cute decor
100_5595.jpg

Jasmine came by to visit & told me to pose just like her
100_5585.jpg

Mulan was gorgeous.....hey wait that's my DH she's with.
100_5597.jpg

The chef himself
100_5596.jpg

Memorobilia wall at the Disneyland hotel
100_5601.jpg

And Christmas decorations.
100_5604.jpg

After a very yummy breakfast, we headed to the special entrance to California Adventure that is located in the Grand. Zippy, skippy & we were in the park which was so quiet because no one was there. We headed straight to Soarin'.
100_5609.jpg

They split us into groups again & the Minnie's got to ride the ride first. Yippee we got to go before the Daisy's could break the ride. :laughing:
We rode in the front row & it was awesome as usual. I just love smelling the pine forest & the orange groves & feeling like I have to lift my feet to keep them from getting wet. Also since we were at Disneyland at Christmas it was cool to see that last scene of Disneyland & know that was how we were seeing it now.
After that we switched & the Daisy's rode while we got to go behind the scenes & watch them from underneath the screen. Talk about cool. It was neat to watch how the ride vehicle moves & people legs & feet go up & down as they watch the film. AWESOME!!!!!!!! After that we met back up & they told us abit about making the film. They had to get special permission to shoot some of the scenes because they were in national park areas & in the bay they had wildlife so there are boats that you can see in the film when you watch it again out there to monitor & make sure none of the wildlife were harmed. We got to see the pellets that generate the smells-there are actually 3 smells-sea, orange & pine. They only have to replace the pellets about every 6 months & they are located above your head. The cast members get immune to the smells & so they have a rotating schedule to let them know when it's time to change them. They also showed us the size of the film used to do the movie which was about 3 times larger than regular movie film. Did you know they have 2 theatres at Soarin'? I didn't. Cool stuff.

After our Soarin' time, we walked over to the Animation Building.
100_5610.jpg

It was great to be alone in the park & get pictures without mobs of people in them.
100_5611.jpg

100_5615.jpg

Up next.......private sessions.

Hey Laura. We did step on the fountain ones & hear the music playing. Where is the WD I missed that? I wanted to make it over to Toontown early one morning to see it open up but we just never did. Yet another reason to go back!!!!!!!!!! And I too must have some of that potato soup.

The "WD" is in the mountains behind Minnie's house. I will email you a picture.

We headed straight to Soarin'.
100_5609.jpg

Ha ha! Very funny, Melanie... (you didn't know if I was liking it). I'm a tough one to read, eh?? :rotfl2:

Ok, about Soarin. I'm sure you have seen the Disney behind the scenes show on the Travel channel that shows the guy who invented Soarin'???

He went into his garage and got out his old Erector Set (we actually have a museum dedicated to the guy who invented the Erector Set in Salem, OR it's very interesting... but anyway.) Ok, well he shows his miniature mock up and says that it is the one he built in his house and it looks EXACTLY like the way they built Soarin'. I have always wondered, is the mock up they show NOT his erector set or did they actually build Soarin' to look EXACTLY like his Erector Set???????? If so that is too funny!

The "WD" is in the mountains behind Minnie's house. I will email you a picture.
Thanks Laura that is really cool. I did not see it, but now I have to go back & see if it shows up in any of my pics.

Ha ha! Very funny, Melanie... (you didn't know if I was liking it). I'm a tough one to read, eh?? :rotfl2:

Ok, about Soarin. I'm sure you have seen the Disney behind the scenes show on the Travel channel that shows the guy who invented Soarin'???

He went into his garage and got out his old Erector Set (we actually have a museum dedicated to the guy who invented the Erector Set in Salem, OR it's very interesting... but anyway.) Ok, well he shows his miniature mock up and says that it is the one he built in his house and it looks EXACTLY like the way they built Soarin'. I have always wondered, is the mock up they show NOT his erector set or did they actually build Soarin' to look EXACTLY like his Erector Set???????? If so that is too funny!
I love that story about the Imagineer & his Erector Set. How cool that he was able to work it all out just by playing with his old toys.

100_5617.jpg

Once we got on through the very quiet backlot area, we were greeted by a welcome sight.
100_5619.jpg

We went inside the Animation Building which has beautiful Disney art changing all the time on the screens.
100_5622.jpg

We were going to get to have a private Turtle Talk with Crush.
100_5623.jpg

Here's a little video of our time with Crush....:wave: Sakina!!!!

After that we got to have a private drawing lesson in the Animation Academy.
100_5626.jpg

Here are our Mickey's.
100_5629-1.jpg

Next we went out to watch the really cool Toy Story zoetrope.
100_5631.jpg

Here's what it does.........it is so neat.

Next, we were given 5 fastpasses to use for the day. We got our pin for the day which was Behind the Orange Grove.
101_1355.jpg

They told us that meeting time was 5pm for our final dinner. If we wanted to we could go to Tower of Terror & all ride together in a private elevator. Those that didn't want to ride didn't have to, but I think we all headed over there.
Diana our guide was scared to ride but was talked into it when someone else that was scared said she would do it if Diana would. So Diana gave the ABD paddle to someone & she sat next to me & held my hand. Bless her heart she was shaking.
What a fun ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
100_5634.jpg

After our plunge, our morning was over with ABD so we were set free to do whatever we wanted. We decided since we were in the area, we would go ride Monsters Inc. This is a new one for us & was really cute!!!!!!!!!!
100_5639.jpg

The queue line has some hilarious stuff.....anyone care for a nice crunchy bag of sugar, salt & flat with a drooler cooler?
100_5645.jpg

I loved the effect of all the doors. Really great animatronics too!!!!
100_5649.jpg

100_5655.jpg

After that we decided to pay a visit to our Muppet friends.
I loved the queue line with Beaker.
100_5659.jpg

Inside was pretty cute too & we loved the movie as always. I had a new respect for the characters after having been to Jim Henson's studios & finding out that each puppet is worth 20,000$.
100_5672.jpg

And Miss Piggy as one of my favorite characters of all time.
100_5673.jpg

Then we wandered back over to the Animation Building to play in the Sorcerer's Workshop.
100_5676.jpg

I loved how each of these was themed to a different character.
100_5677.jpg

Who's the fairest of them all?
100_5682.jpg

Eric in the Beast's library finding out what Disney character he is most like.
100_5685.jpg

He must have pushed the girl button because he was the Wicked Queen. I was Cinderella which was a first. I usually end up being Dot.

About now we were getting hungry, so we decided to head to the Pacific Wharf cafe. Eric had clam chowder in a bread bowl & I had the Shrimp Louie salad in the bread bowl & it was very tasty. We had a gingerbread man too!!!
We gave lunch here 2 thumbs up.
100_5691.jpg

100_5692.jpg

At this point, all the running around had caught up to us. We decided to head back to the room for a little rest. We took a nap so we could spend the rest of the day refreshed & raring to go.

Up next.........Genie jokes & a bouncy parade

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter