A Nicki and Todd dining review...with the nieces!! LIVE from the Poly!

Your CP pictures make me want to be at Disney for breakfast!

Sorry about 1900 Park Fare.

Thank you so much for your wonderful reviews and pictures. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Phenomenal reviews!!!!! So sorry about 1900 PF. I wonder if anyone has had a good experience there. :sad1: It is on our itinerary for May. Really glad to hear about CP though! On our list as well.

I second your comments regarding 1900 Park Fare...we had dinner there 2 trips ago and we were so disappointed in the food. I was considering giving it a second try for our upcoming trip, but not after reading your review. Thanks so much! :thumbsup2

Have a magical day!!! pixiedust:

We went to 1900 park fare in July for my dd 7th birthday dinner and it was horrible too.We had been many times before and didn't go the visit before and my dd missed it -she was in love with prince charming because he had kissed her hand last time.We had a 8:00pm ressie and we waited a really long time too.They sat us in the last table down the side that has the door that opens into the lobby of the hotel near the doors to the back area by the pool.The food was horrible-the prime rib was more like pot roast and the doors were open but had a rope across them.When it came time for the fireworks at MK alot of people came rushing at us and were hoping over the ropes but they were bumping into our table.Prince charming was not even very friendly to my dd-she said when he left he is not my boyfriend anymore!It was a big disapointment and I won't be going back anytime soon but it is such a shame cause it used to be great-even before we had kids dh and I would go for the food.Have a great day and stay warm!!

Awesome pics! I really wish I had read a review like this of 1900 PF before we went I would have cancelled. We had a horrible time. The food was gross and they put us in what seemed to be the hallway. Which wasn't too bad but when they did the dance we couldn't see and then we had people waiting to get into the other restaurant right there watching us and coming in to snap pics of the characters. I wanted the kids to go see them dance and when I looked back there was people blocking the walkway to see. No big deal others eating the hall wanted to see to. Well NO it was people who were just passing by who wanted to see. It is probably the only place we will never return to.

Awesome pics! I really wish I had read a review like this of 1900 PF before we went I would have cancelled. We had a horrible time. The food was gross and they put us in what seemed to be the hallway. Which wasn't too bad but when they did the dance we couldn't see and then we had people waiting to get into the other restaurant right there watching us and coming in to snap pics of the characters. I wanted the kids to go see them dance and when I looked back there was people blocking the walkway to see. No big deal others eating the hall wanted to see to. Well NO it was people who were just passing by who wanted to see. It is probably the only place we will never return to.

They must have a different chef, we ate there in October for my daughter's birthday the food was absolutely delicious. Sorry you had a bad meal there.

Nicki-Awesome reviews and pictures! Try to stay warm and have a magical vacation!!!

Thanks for sharing!
Kim:flower3:

I'm so glad CP was good... I'll end up making res. there for us when we come down. I was hoping that 1900 was going to be better than the reviews I've read... guess not, well, at least the characters were great for the kids! I can't wait to hear your review of TH breakfast... I'm telling you, it's JUST like Boma, but with characters! (and a different ambience) I hope it starts to warm up for you... Geez, it'd be like a heat wave for us at 60 degrees! We're supposed to get below 0 again this weekend....

Wow, I can't believe your meal at 1900 PF was so horrid.

We had a meal like that on our last trip, but I don't want to tell you what it was. I'm afraid you'll kick me out. :scared:

I'm so glad you had a good time at CP! And hon, you just take the best pictures of food. Everything looks so YUMMY!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for posting your trip while you're still there! I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation! :goodvibes

That stinks about 1900 PF...we noticed in the fall it just wasn't good anymore! Hang in there with the girls! McD's is a good idea!:)

I am so in for this review!!!! Can't wait for more!:goodvibes

Bummer about your Park Fare experience. Hope things get better and warmer for ya!

I joined in early this time. It's so fun to read the live reports!
I'm glad to see your review of 1900 Park Faire. I'm already thinking about our trip for December. We're going for a long weekend to see everything at Christmas, and I had really thought about going there. Now I'm leaning more toward Crystal Palace.

Your CP pictures make me want to be at Disney for breakfast!

Sorry about 1900 Park Fare.

Thank you so much for your wonderful reviews and pictures. :goodvibes

Thanks for reading! I wish I was eating some food from CP right now!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Phenomenal reviews!!!!! So sorry about 1900 PF. I wonder if anyone has had a good experience there. :sad1: It is on our itinerary for May. Really glad to hear about CP though! On our list as well.

Thank you! Maybe it will be better for you in May? Hope so anyways!

I second your comments regarding 1900 Park Fare...we had dinner there 2 trips ago and we were so disappointed in the food. I was considering giving it a second try for our upcoming trip, but not after reading your review. Thanks so much! :thumbsup2

Have a magical day!!! pixiedust:

So glad to know I was not alone!

We went to 1900 park fare in July for my dd 7th birthday dinner and it was horrible too.We had been many times before and didn't go the visit before and my dd missed it -she was in love with prince charming because he had kissed her hand last time.We had a 8:00pm ressie and we waited a really long time too.They sat us in the last table down the side that has the door that opens into the lobby of the hotel near the doors to the back area by the pool.The food was horrible-the prime rib was more like pot roast and the doors were open but had a rope across them.When it came time for the fireworks at MK alot of people came rushing at us and were hoping over the ropes but they were bumping into our table.Prince charming was not even very friendly to my dd-she said when he left he is not my boyfriend anymore!It was a big disapointment and I won't be going back anytime soon but it is such a shame cause it used to be great-even before we had kids dh and I would go for the food.Have a great day and stay warm!!

WOW! This place is really bombing big time!

Uh oh I see a pattern! I mean how could all the food be that bad all the time!! Yet it is packing the people in and costing families a bundle!

Nicki-Awesome reviews and pictures! Try to stay warm and have a magical vacation!!!

Thanks for sharing!
Kim:flower3:

Thanks!

I'm so glad CP was good... I'll end up making res. there for us when we come down. I was hoping that 1900 was going to be better than the reviews I've read... guess not, well, at least the characters were great for the kids! I can't wait to hear your review of TH breakfast... I'm telling you, it's JUST like Boma, but with characters! (and a different ambience) I hope it starts to warm up for you... Geez, it'd be like a heat wave for us at 60 degrees! We're supposed to get below 0 again this weekend....

Cannot wait!!

Wow, I can't believe your meal at 1900 PF was so horrid.

We had a meal like that on our last trip, but I don't want to tell you what it was. I'm afraid you'll kick me out. :scared:

I'm so glad you had a good time at CP! And hon, you just take the best pictures of food. Everything looks so YUMMY!!!! :goodvibes

Ok now you have to tell me which place! ;)

Thanks for posting your trip while you're still there! I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation! :goodvibes

I'm in,,,

Thanks for the kind wishes!

That stinks about 1900 PF...we noticed in the fall it just wasn't good anymore! Hang in there with the girls! McD's is a good idea!:)

The McD's idea worked out perfect!

I am so in for this review!!!! Can't wait for more!:goodvibes

Bummer about your Park Fare experience. Hope things get better and warmer for ya!

I pray for warmer weather! Thanks for reading!

I joined in early this time. It's so fun to read the live reports!
I'm glad to see your review of 1900 Park Faire. I'm already thinking about our trip for December. We're going for a long weekend to see everything at Christmas, and I had really thought about going there. Now I'm leaning more toward Crystal Palace.

Oh CP was out of this world! Never had a bad meal there!

Hi everyone! I have all the kids and the one big kid bathed and in bed asleep so now I can play!

Since it was in the high 20's this morning I let them all sleep in...secretly hoping that HS would be as dead as MK....boy was I wrong but more on that later!

Around 8:30 we all went to Capt Cooks for breakfast...this place was packed to the gills! Todd got his staple, a cinnamon bun and it was great, nice and soft and yummy...Main Street style it aint but it is still good.

Jan22001.jpg

He and I order the adult breakfast platter and I shared half with the older one...her appetite is verocious before her meds and completely gone after she takes them. The eggs were awesome, the bacon nice and well done and crispy...fantastic fat and juicy sausages and the biscuits were great. The potatoes were a little overcooked but good too. Todd had that BLECH coffee and we shared and OJ.

Jan22003.jpg

The kids each got the french toast sticks with bacon and grapes. The little one had apple juice and the older one had the strawberry milk (that is the nastiest stuff ever!) The amount of bacon they got was ridiculous..so much of it! They loved the french toast and ate every single bite.

Jan22002.jpg

We then made it to the bus stop for the HS bus and it was packed like sardines....lucky it is just a short ride! So when the bus pulled in what do you think we saw? Brazillian tour groups, tons of them, at least 8 that I counted (all with different banners and flags). They were loud, they were obnoxious and they all reeked of nasty cologne. I thought I was going to lose my mind getting through bag check and the ticket counter.

We made a beeline to Toy Story, got the FP and the line was 50 minutes. We did a few attractions and then Todd took the older one to ride the hard core stuff and I took the little one to see the characters. That worked out perfect!!! The character lines moved fast and we met up around 12:30 for lunch at Pizza Planet.

The older one didnt eat but the little one gobbled up her grapes, apple juice and pizza. By the way I was able to order her pizza without sauce and she loved it.

Jan22028.jpg

Todd and I each had the cheese pizza hopping the older one would take a piece and then we shared the caprese salad with kalamata olives, mozzarella cheese and assorted tomatoes and lettuce. The pizza was ok and the salad was ok...a bit wilted. Nothing to write home about and if we were not with the kids we wouldnt have eaten there but it was decent and not BLECH at all....especially when you dip the pizza in Ranch dressing.....one of my best friends taught me that...she is from Long Island and said the pizza here is so bad the only way she can eat it is to dip it in dressing ha ha!

Jan22027.jpg

Jan22026.jpg

We hung out at HS until our FP for the Toy Story ride, and left around 5pm and decided to pop $10 for a cab to DTD instead of messing with transportation.

Hi everyone! I have all the kids and the one big kid bathed and in bed asleep so now I can play!

Since it was in the high 20's this morning I let them all sleep in...secretly hoping that HS would be as dead as MK....boy was I wrong but more on that later!

Around 8:30 we all went to Capt Cooks for breakfast...this place was packed to the gills! Todd got his staple, a cinnamon bun and it was great, nice and soft and yummy...Main Street style it aint but it is still good.

Jan22001.jpg

He and I order the adult breakfast platter and I shared half with the older one...her appetite is verocious before her meds and completely gone after she takes them. The eggs were awesome, the bacon nice and well done and crispy...fantastic fat and juicy sausages and the biscuits were great. The potatoes were a little overcooked but good too. Todd had that BLECH coffee and we shared and OJ.

Jan22003.jpg

The kids each got the french toast sticks with bacon and grapes. The little one had apple juice and the older one had the strawberry milk (that is the nastiest stuff ever!) The amount of bacon they got was ridiculous..so much of it! They loved the french toast and ate every single bite.

Jan22002.jpg

We then made it to the bus stop for the HS bus and it was packed like sardines....lucky it is just a short ride! So when the bus pulled in what do you think we saw? Brazillian tour groups, tons of them, at least 8 that I counted (all with different banners and flags). They were loud, they were obnoxious and they all reeked of nasty cologne. I thought I was going to lose my mind getting through bag check and the ticket counter.

We made a beeline to Toy Story, got the FP and the line was 50 minutes. We did a few attractions and then Todd took the older one to ride the hard core stuff and I took the little one to see the characters. That worked out perfect!!! The character lines moved fast and we met up around 12:30 for lunch at Pizza Planet.

The older one didnt eat but the little one gobbled up her grapes, apple juice and pizza. By the way I was able to order her pizza without sauce and she loved it.

Jan22028.jpg

Todd and I each had the cheese pizza hopping the older one would take a piece and then we shared the caprese salad with kalamata olives, mozzarella cheese and assorted tomatoes and lettuce. The pizza was ok and the salad was ok...a bit wilted. Nothing to write home about and if we were not with the kids we wouldnt have eaten there but it was decent and not BLECH at all....especially when you dip the pizza in Ranch dressing.....one of my best friends taught me that...she is from Long Island and said the pizza here is so bad the only way she can eat it is to dip it in dressing ha ha!

Jan22027.jpg

Jan22026.jpg

We hung out at HS until our FP for the Toy Story ride, and left around 5pm and decided to pop $10 for a cab to DTD instead of messing with transportation.

Ooooooh...I know what is coming next! I hope it was as good as the first time you went. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I am watching the news and Disney is all over it..they are buying out 600 top employees out of their contracts and if that doesnt work they will be massive layoffs throught WDW....not good people...not good.

To make our lives easier I decided to let the little one eat chicken and fries from McD's which is right next to Fultons. This was the best idea ever because she was a very happy kids. She promised me she would behave while the rest of us ate dinner.

We arrived at Fultons and they sat us in the back of the restaurant with all the other families, that was great because I wasnt worried if the little one got loud or cranky...there was a ton of kids there and they were not quiet either ha ha!

Todd and I had to get a drink so I had the Mai Tai with the 151 floater and over the course of dinner had a second one. Goodness this thing is incredible. Todd had the Spiked Lemonade and I have no idea what was in it but it was wonderful and he had a second one as well....costly but we needed the refueling!

Jan22034.jpg

We all ate the hot bread and butter but DH and I polished off the crab dip and crackers...very oniony and no crab flavor

Jan22037.jpg

Jan22038.jpg

Todd and I each had a caesar salad, it was fantastic...cold and crisp and homemade croutons...YUUMMMM

Jan22036.jpg

The older one backed out of having crab and ordered the kids mac and cheese, she said it was the best and ate the entire bowl. (Better than the blue box she said!)

Jan22039.jpg

Todd had the king crab claws (thanks again KatMark) and was in heaven, crab heaven and he didnt want to share :rotfl:

Jan22040.jpg

I ordered the fried shrimp with the fried lobster tail but they brought it out steamed and had to redo the tail....here are the delicious shrimp, they were huge and I had to swap 2 for 2 of Todds claws!

Jan22042.jpg

Here is the fried lobster, they brought out fries too but I didnt order them...the kids ate them and thought they were mushy.

Jan22043.jpg

Mine came with sauteed spinach, squash and carrots so I was excited but so upset to see it smothered with red peppers..why does WDW put them in everything??? Heartburn city baby!

Jan22041.jpg

We had a fun time shopping tonight!

I feel like this dining review is lacking for some reason...I want to take pics of the menus and forget...doing this MY way with kids is proving to be a very daunting task but I figure you guys will forgive me ;)

Tomorrow we have the Princess Breakfast and then CS somewhere for lunch and we are all super excited to eat at Coral Reef tomorrow night!

For my buddy AngVT

Here are the garden view pics of the Hawaii building...I am so jealous....

Jan21082.jpg

Jan21083.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter