A Mini Get to Know Me TR!

We quickly looked in the gift shop afer eating eating and who walked in, but Jess!

We ran up to each and hugged, we didn't know they had gotten here, but the timng was just right! Then the rest of the clan walked in. As we said hi to everyone I got the a text from Jess that said, "hey we're at the hotel you're staying at!" A little late, but that's ok.

While waiting for everyone to get organized Jamie came out of the arcade! They were staying in the Finding Nemo rooms, so mom went to go see it and dad went to get my pins in his car, and then he was leaving. So I went with Jess and those guys to put their stuff away.

But first Jess and I stopped in the bathroom where they had this cute picture of Ariel!

My question is, what's in the boys bathroom? I bet you didn't think of that, huh? But you know it's a good question! I feel like we asked someone, or saw as someone opened the door, but I don't remember...

So we went outside headed to the Lion King section!

Hey guys! :cool1: What's going on? Before we get started I have a few announcements! One, I am officially going to Disney in August!!! :woohoo: Let the celebration BEGIN! Honestly, this is the most excited I have been for a trip in a while because of all the new things! I think I've become a re-born-again Disney lover, because I've been viewing from a whole different view lately! I'm really going to embrace my dorkiness and let it go, haha.

It will be my mom and I and Jenny, Craig, Patty, and Jamie and his girlfriend, along with Jenny's kids. I don't know if I mentioned this but Jenny had a baby boy in January! This will be Tyler's first trip, so that'll be fun! Also, my good friend Jenna who I have mentioned before as Tinkerbell22 here on the Disboards will be down there at the same time, so we will definitley be hanging out a lot!

We would like to stay at the Yacht Club if it is availabe. So far we have reservations for 1900 Park Fare for dinner and Cinderella's Roal Table! I haven't been to 1900 Park Fare before and that was my choice because I really want to meet the stepsisters! We're going to Cinderella's Royal Table for Zoe, but I am really excited! I haven't been there in so long!

So comment down below if you're really excited about an upcoming trip!

My second announcement isn't really one, but my Disney fangirl was very excited because Kristen Rosso replied back to me on her Instagram picture of her upcoming dining reservations that I commented on. I get excited about the frumps while other teenage girls get excited over a boyband. Wow Gianna. :laughing:Eh, c'est la vie.

Now onto the update!

We had to go past the Big Blue Pool to get to the Lion King section.

Continued in Next Post...

This was inside the shower, so pretty! Probably my favorite Disney song is the Circle of Life just because of the beginning when it goes MAAAAAA SICONEYAAAAAAA MAMA HEEEEEEEEEE SAY MAMAAAAAAA!!! Whenever I hear this I burst out into song, and the shower reminds me of the beginning of the Lion King where it plays. We play a Disney medley in band and we play the song and I always burst out singing. It's very entertaining.

You to can own this Pumba shower curtain for a large fee in the gift shop. But someday it will be in my house. My poor future husband.

I have an obsession with Disney carpets. I don't know why, but the Beach Club's carpet is perfection. Just saying. :cool2:

Ma gurlll

The lyrics were on here! Did I sing them? Of course I sang what kind of question is that! You should know me by now.

My mom then met us back in the lobby and we headed to the bus stop!

This updates question is what is your favorite hotel to stay at? Comment down below and tell me!
So the drill, please comment down below and tell me your thoughts, questions, ect. and tell your Disboards friends (or frumps for that matter)

I'll catch ya on the flip side!
-Gianna :cool1:

I forgot to ask in my ending spiel of my last update if you guys would like me to make a pre-trip report sometime for my August trip and a trip report for that!? So tell me and if so then I will take way more pictures and notes next time for you guys, so go ahead and tell me!

Hey everyone! I'm going to be 15 this Friday! Say waaaa? That's exciting! One more thing, no one answered my trip report question, so if you'd like a trip report for my upcoming August trip then tell me! It'd be super fun and better this time. Just saying.

Lets get started!

My mom and I had to purchase park passes and it was takng forever for some reason! I could see the beautiful Epcot ball just looming over me and I just wanted to run to it!

We got in and looked at the Leave a Legacy area. We tried to show Jill where we were but we can never remember. But yeah I'm in there! I took the picture with my mom holding me because I was young.

We went towards Spaceship Earth and decided we wanted to go get Soarin fastpasses. Jess said she would go and Richie said someone should go with her and of course he looked at me. So I guess I was going with her! They were going to go on Mission Space and we'd meet them outside.

Now Jess and I have been to Disney many times, but we had never been around by ourselves, so we both knew this would be interesting, because we are ding and dong. So we were like alright, going to the Land, which way is the Land? We saw the sign and were like ok this way! While walking we saw Chip and Dale and I was like Jess lets go see them, but she's like fastpasses! I really liked the taste of being free in Disney. :dance3:

But we were on a mission! I had checked the fastpass times on my phone and they were perfect, but if they got any later we couldn't do it, so I started to run. And I don't run at all. But then we started to go towards the Seas. NO! So we turned around and there was the Land! So we bobbed and weaved against the people and ran down the stairs!

We got two machines and two fastpasses were earlier than the rest that turned into five minutes later, but that was fine. I felt SO accomplished!!!

We headed to Mission Space and found my mom who doesn't do that ride, and so we went into the gift shop.

This happened.

Jess bought a mini Vinylmation key chain because she just turned 16, so she wanted something for her keys. The girl that checked her out was doing the college program and had a conversation with Jess and she told her how she wanted to do it.

We went back and Jill and Richie were out but not the rest of the kids, and my mom went to get a drink. So Jess and I hid as everyone came out and they could not find us when we were just behind a bush! So then we started to follow my mom and dance behind her and she still didn't know.

Continued in Next Post...[/B]

We had already decided we wanted to go eat in Mexico, because Jess and I have an obession with it. I got nachos to share with my mom, she got a margarita with Jill and Richie, and Jess and the boys got nachos while Jen had tacos.

Scott has an obession with churros, and I mean obession! He just bought a churro maker for home. :scratchin yeah... So he got churros, but didn't like them because they changed them to circles! But Jess and I loved them! I like them so much beter this way, because they're softer.

We wanted to go on The Gran Fiesta Tour, but the adultscouldn't go on with their drinks, so us kids went without them.

[

Jess bought a mini version of this Mayan calender while in Mexico on their cruise, so she wanted herpicture taken with it.

The ridewas as magical as ever, and it was filled with much singing.

I got this wonderful picture of Jen.

It was now time for everyone's favorite ride!!! What could that be?

Continued in Next Post.../COLOR]

THE MALESTROM! I thought that was pretty obvious. It's the most popular ride in Disney. But it was 20 minutes long! That's nuts for it, but we love it so much we had to go on. Let me tell you that was way longer than 20 minutes, and that ride was really crowded the whole vacation for some reason. At onetime in the trip, we got fastpasses for it! :sad2: Woah, I know.

But we were pretty frumpy in line. There was a lot of secretive pictures taken, and I'm sorry for your sake, but they were destroyed. Jess and I tried to get invited to a party also, but I wasn't even going to be home. We were pretty nuts. Jess told me she saw an attracive guy working the ride, but as we got up it turns out Jess was stupid and it was a girl. The thing was it was completely obvious she was a girl! And pretty too! Oh Jess.

We had two rows in the boat, the adults were going to sit in one row and the kids in the row ahead. I got in last and was yelled at by a castmember, because only four people were allowed in each row and I was on the end so everyone made me move back. So I went and sat with adults, but there was NO room. I had more room sitting with the kids. Also, Richie was on the end, and honestly he isn't the friendliest person.

I was completly squished on the end and everyone else was just taking up so much room all spread out! Jess kept turning around during the ride and laughing at me. Needless to say, I did not enjoy myself.

We decided to go back to Future World and the adults got another margarita o the way back through Mexico.

As we were on the walkway by first aid between Mexico and Test Track it started to rain. And then IT HAPPENED.

What happened? You'll just have to wait until the next update! OH CLIFFHANGER BURN!

This brings this update to a close! The answer to my last updates question of the update was my favorite hotel is the Yacht Club! This question is... Have you ever had to sit with another group?
I would LOVE to hear your answers! So please, comment, subscribe to this thread, and tell your DISer friends about my trip report!

Be sure to tell me if you would like a trip report for August and I will be sure to do a pre-trip report!
See ya guys later!

Hello everyone! And welcome back to my thread. I hope you're still here. Sorry for my lack of updates.

We left off on a cliffhanger, ohhhhh! The vent that happened was, it started to thunder and lightning. BIG TIME. Now I'm pretty scared of thunderstorms, so I ran, and everyoe else was just slowly taking their time walking like it ws no big deal. Richie was making fun of me, because the way I was running.

We decided to go to Ellen's Universe of Energy, but the adults still had their drinks, so they couldn't go in! I didn't want to stand out in the thunderstorm so again they told us kids to go.

I was all over the place because of the storm and I really didn't want to go on the ride, because it's so long, but ya know, yolo.

The ride was the same, but when we got off we seemed to have lost Andrew. That always seems to happen, but he came back.

We then decided to go on Jess's all time favorite ride, Captain EO! On our last trip together she bought a Hooter stuffed animal and that's all she talked about.

My mom had never been on Captain EO and she didn't really want to, but its one of those things you have to do once, because of the freakishness of it.

My mom thought the ride was special and something she probably wouldn't do again. She just doesn't understand the power of Hooter. I think after this we might've done Figment, I'm not to sure.

Continued in Next Post

Now the rest of the night is pretty fuzzy. I believe next we went to Soarin.

This is where I can't remember. We were all hungry, but Illuminatons was starting and the restaurants were closing. Of course we all wanted different things. Jess and I wanted the food from the China quick service, so my mom took us.

Being almost closing, we had to run. My mom told me to not wait for her and to just run, so I did. I bobbed and weaved through those Illuminations crowds, and I ran! We made it to China out of breath and in time! SUCCESS!:cheer2:

Jess and I both got our usual shrimp fried rice, and I got a strawberry smoothie. We listened to Illminations and just talked. It was like last year's trip all over again!

The rest of the gang came, and we all left back to Art of Animation. The kids and I were pretty loopy. I just remember walking behind people and dancing, and talking in different accents. On the way out I took this really cool picture of Spaceship Earth!

I'm pretty proud.

My dad was there dropping off Jamie and he picked us up and we went back to the Waldorf!

Hey everyone! I hope you like the updates I posted! Next updates we will be going to Universal!!! Yay!

As you can see from the title, I posted a pre-trip report for my August 2013 vacation! It is called #DisneyDoneRight: An August '13 Pre-Trip Report:REINVENTED. Why is that the name? You'll have to check it out to find out. So go on the pre-trip report page and subscribe and comment on it! See ya real soon! -Gianna :goodvibes

Hey everyone on Oozma Capa! I saw Monsters University and it was beautiful! I'm officially a sophmore and on summer break! So that means I am back with updates. I'm planning on finishing this TR before my next Disney trip in August. To learn more about that check out my pre-trip report #DisneyDoneRight: An August '13 Pre-Trip: REINVENTED.

I've decded that to make this go along quicker I'm going to just write about Universal and I will just show pictures and maybe a little description for Disney, because I don't remember a lot for Disney.

So we headed straight for the original Universal Studios!

That's the Rip-Ride-Rocket and we kept watching it because it went so close to a building at one point!

Dad went o0n Revenge of the Mummy while mom and I waited outside. While waiting we saw the Blues Brothers perform.

Continued in next post

When my dad returned we went to Starbucks, in case anyone was wondering I got a Very Berry Hibiscous Refresher:thumbsup2

After drinking our drinks we went on the ride Disaster. This is where at the beginning they pick people out of the audience to do a scene for a movie. In the next room they teach the actors what they're going to do without them knowing what will actually happen. Next is the ride portion. You get in a train type vehicle and a bunch of ''disasterous'' events happen, such as flames and water, during this they call out for emotions and whats happening. After you get to see it all happen on your screen. It's quite entertaining.

Next we went on Twister. Twister is based on the movie, Twister, and it's about tornado hunters. I've seen the movie and actually like it, so if you have seen the movie you'll understand the attraction better. When you first go in, you go in a room that you stand and watch a short video from the actors on what you're going to experience. Then you walkthrough a house damaged by a tornado and watch another video. After you continue walking through you enter the attraction. You stand on a platform and watch as the tornado comes and knocks things down and sends them flying then at the end the floor drops making you feel like you're falling. That is the only part of the attraction you can actually 'feel''.

After this we walked around and went past contruction for Transformers and they had it sectioned with movie posters.

I really don't know what this is, construction?

Next we did Jurassic Park! For all of these we basically walked right on! But we did have the fastpass. Jurassic is a boat ride which is calm and serine at first showing you the nice dinosaurs, but there is a breach and your boat goes in the wrong direction where some dinosaurs escaped. Then you're in a creepy dark building with your boat going up and nearly escape the giant dinosaur before you go down the large drop! You get super wet on this!

Continued in Next Post

We decided to go in the Spongebob Squarepants store, which was so cute!

I purchased a pair of Spongebob pajama bottoms!

Next we went on the E.T. ride! My mom and I made sure to watch the movie before we came.

This was the ceiling of the outside covered waiting area before you enter a room.

In this room you give your name to a worker and you recieve a card, before you get on your vehicle you give the card tto someone else so at the end of the ride E.T. says your name.

After this you enter the official que line, but because your in a goup of people the line is continously moving with no stops. It looks like you're in a forest. Then you get on your bike and fly off in a sort of Peter Pan fashion and you go through trying to get E.T. to his home planet.

After E.T. we ate lunch at Mel's Diner

It was super busy and we had to stand and wait for a table! Alos, it looked like the weather was starting to get bad.

We walked to the Lucille Balle exhibit

On our way we saw the mystery machine!

It's a nice walk through exhibit, like the One Man Dream, with some of her costumes and such. I've been to tbe actual I Love Lucy museum before, so it was just some more little things.

Then it was time for Shrek!

The wait took a bit longer than expected. We finally got inside and the way the plot of the attraction was it seemed a little scary! It just wasn't the Shrek story. You were captured.

My mom was going to do the seats that don't move because she gets motion sick, and I am a scaredy cat so I went with her. The seats that moved moved a lot and had things sprayed at them, and I'm glad I didn't sit there. Even my dad didn't like those seats, he sat in them.

Overall we were all a little disappointed with this. You could tell a storm was coming and it was really busy, but we still had one final ride to do, and this was the ride that I had been waiting for and made me want to come to Universal in the first place.

Continued in Next Post

Did I leave you on a cliffhanger? I apologize, but it had to happen.

We're getting closer

Almost there.

Do you know what it is yet?

BA NA NANA NA NA NA NAAAAAA!!!!
IT'S DESPICABLE ME MINION MAYHEM!!!!
As I mentioned earlier Despicable Me is my favorite movie and when I heard they were making a ride I knew I had to go! I was SOOOO excited and overwhelmed. The wait was long, but we had the fastpass, and we saved it for the last ride at Universal!

[

SO BEAUTIFUL!!/COLOR]

This pictured designates how the sky was looking and scaring the crap out of me

The first part of the queue is covered outside. This is what you saw around you outside and the posters in the midst of the line.

Then it was time to enter Gru's house!!!

Continued in Next Post:yay:

It was official. I was now inside Gru's house.

I just... it's SO COOL!!!

This is where you pick up your 3D glasses. Then you are taken in a room where a video is played by all the characters telling you what's in store. It is another motion simulator ride. You are going to be turned into minions! You then go into the attracion and experience the minions!

Well of course something goes wrong and you have to chase around the lair! I went with dad in the moving seats for this and mom did the nonmoving. I really loved it, except after I did feel a bit dizzy, but I do have dizzy problems. Afterwards there is a dance party with the minions! By the way you don't end up being a minion :thumbsup2

I LOVED IT!! I just felt like I was apart of the movie and I love these characters! Defintiley worth it if you love this movie.

Inside the gift shop which is meant to look like Super Silly Fun Land.

I purchased pajama bottoms and a shirt. I really wish I got my own minion!

One last minion photo from my phone.

We headed out and before we left mom went the bathroom so I got a picture of the Blue Man group sign.

We left as the rain started and back to see our hotel room at Portofino Bay!

25 Days until my next Disney trip!!! Remember if you want to learn more about that to check out my pre-trip report #DisneyDoneRight an August Pre-Trip Report: REINVENTED. Now onto the update!

We arrived at the Portofino Bay Resort on Universal property, which is meant to represent Italy!

One of the boats that takesyou to the parks

Part of the main area with little shops

This was all part of the main outside area that is where the rooms are. We had quite the walk to our room. Outside our main building construction was going on, so it took us a while to get around it. The inside corridors didn't seem that nice either. It felt very outdated.

What's instore for our room?
Continued in next post...

Now we were supposed to get a suite, but they were all taken, so they put us in a kid's suite, and we said it was ok. Now I don't know what I expected to be in a kid's suite, but I know it wasn't what you're about to see.

Normal bathroom, right?

Normal bedroom sitting area...

Hmm...where does this door lead to?

WHY WE'VE LANDED IN SEUSS LANDING A BIT EARLY HAVEN'T WE?

JUST LOOK AT THE WONDERFUL BEDSPREAD

HOW CUTE

Now let's discuss this. We didn't know someone would have to sleep in Seuss Land. No one wants to sleep in a twin bed on their vacation. The real problem was Jaimie was coming to spend the night and go to Islands of Adventure with us the next day, so we had 3 adults and a teenager, and 2 twin beds in Seuss Land and 1 king bed. If mom and I slept in Seuss LAnd the boys would have only one bed, but do you really think they would want to sleep in the other room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter