A Mini Get to Know Me TR!

Hey everyone! I got past 600 views! :dance3: Is there some kind of celebration for that? Because there should be. So question: If you type to much in one reply will it not let you post it, but not tell you that you have to much, because I think that's what is happening to me. I'm going to have to learn I can't type everything in one sitting!

Before we get started I have some fun Disney things to show you!

DisneyAugust2012415_zps9764e96c.jpg

I bought this from Forever 21. I also, have a Lady and the Tramp one, and Minnie Mouse from there. They have the BEST Disney things. I want every. single. one.

DisneyAugust2012414_zpsa9e8e42d.jpg

I love Alice! I was once Alice in a play. I bought this at the Disney Store and they also have it online.

OMG just remembered! Who has seen the video on the announcement about the Dapper Dans singing boyband songs! I want to go see them so bad! Whether you like the 90's ones or One Direction, it's amazing. I do love some JT though!;)

Ok! Let's go back to SeaWorld! We were going to see the Blue Horizons show. There are so many shows there with animals, so we kind of just picked one randomly.

DisneyAugust2012101_zpsdfcd125c.jpg

DisneyAugust2012004_zps130425fe.jpg

It was really crowded, but we had a good spot.

DisneyAugust2012102_zpsfb129084.jpg

So we figured out that the whole thing was basically dolphins, and I said, "This ain't no Shamu!", because when you go to SeaWorld you want to see Shamu! This saying is from the Big Bang Theory if anyone here watches it. They're all in the car and Raj gives Penny a CD to put in. It says Beyonce's Bootylicious Dance Mix, but when it comes on it's like nerdy quest music, so Penny says, "This ain't no Beyonce." So that's where I got it from. If you watch the Big Bang Theory, which you should, you should understand. It's a "you had to be there" type of thing.

I think this show was about a girl goes to sleep and she wakes up in a dolphin pool? Something like that, I don't know. You couldn't understand because there wasn't any lines, just musical numbers.

I'm just going to post all the pictures now!

DisneyAugust2012009_zps74cf85f2.jpg

DisneyAugust2012008_zps4c98dbd3.jpg

DisneyAugust2012007_zps56eeb09a.jpg

Oooooh

DisneyAugust2012006_zps7a4e8fa5.jpg

DisneyAugust2012005_zpse4b8ad97.jpg

Ahhhhhh

DisneyAugust2012110_zpse6d36c3c.jpg

[
DisneyAugust2012109_zpsb9cd5612.jpg

DisneyAugust2012108_zpsd4ada7d1.jpg

DisneyAugust2012107_zpseccd4b76.jpg

DisneyAugust2012106_zps5f8869d3.jpg

DisneyAugust2012105_zps1be94b7a.jpg

DisneyAugust2012104_zps4349eeb0.jpg

During the show a giant bird swooped over our heads out of nowhere! He was so close, everyone freaked out!

We figured out that we missed the Shamu show and the next one wasn't until night, and we weren't going to stay that long. I was disappointed we couldn't see Shamu! Seriously how many times am I going to say shamu in this update. Someone count!

Next we went and ate lunch. We went to the back of the restaurant and they had a stage. I think at night they have a lua show there. I had a turkey sandwhich, but I wish I got the kids chicken meal. It came in a cute shamu container!(Shamu-Number 133442)

As you can see in my meal picture, I kind of forgot to take it earlier.

DisneyAugust2012111_zps6623b1d2.jpg

Continued in Next Post...

After lunch we went to see JAWS! Wrong theme park, just normal man eating sharks.

DisneyAugust2012125_zps9d2e71f2.jpg

DisneyAugust2012010_zps932035f8.jpg

Sharkbate oh haha

DisneyAugust2012011_zps532fe2fb.jpg

To see the sharks you go in a long tube that surrounds you and the floor is a moving one. You can actually eat in this area in a special package.

Outside the sharks there is a stingray pool and you can actually just go and freely touch them. Over the past summer I already touched a stingray, so I was good. That was enough animal touching for me. My mother actually touched them though. I was proud! She's not really one to go and pet strange creatures? You know what I mean!

After that we went to the sea lions. On our way over we saw the construction for the new penguin exhibit, Antarctica. There is going to be a ride in too. The invented a new ride vehicle that is supposed to have like the same motion as the penguins. I don't know, something along those lines. Google it.

DisneyAugust2012112_zpsb08947ed.jpg

DisneyAugust2012119_zpsf8b97877.jpg

DisneyAugust2012121_zps17a57e34.jpg

The sea lions are very fun to watch. We spent a good chunk of time here, but they're really loud!

DisneyAugust2012124_zps7adbc667.jpg

DisneyAugust2012116_zpscf0b5fe2.jpg

DisneyAugust2012115_zps4719400b.jpg

DisneyAugust2012114_zps822e7dfe.jpg

Over bu the sea lions we had a great view of the two rollercoasters! My mom and I don't really do big ones like these, but my dad does. He didn't really want to ride alone though, so he didn't ride any.

DisneyAugust2012013_zpsffe1734b.jpg

This Manta picture I took earlier in the day, but this s the rollercoaster.

DisneyAugust2012122_zps068b67d1.jpg

DisneyAugust2012120_zps88ec2dc6.jpg

The next coaster is called the Kraken.

DisneyAugust2012113_zpsc34dae52.jpg

DisneyAugust2012117_zps70f5bee1.jpg

DisneyAugust2012118_zpsd8d54d35.jpg

SOUVENIR TIME! I bought a shirt that has a penguin on it that says, "Melt hearts not icecaps," a penguin cinch bag (Penguins are my favorite animals, but the bag is quite small), and a flamingo bag for me and Jenny(refer to the intros).

After my mom and I left the gift shop we couldn't find my dad. We went all the way to back of the park and back and couldn't find him! Finally he was standing outside of a shop, and he asked us where we were! :crazy2:Noo, lets not go there.

While we were searching for him he took this AMAZING picture of people on the Manta.

DisneyAugust2012016_zpsbe160637.jpg

My dad never takes pictures and does it once and gets this MASTERPIECE! These things just happen to him all the time.

I took this picture, because flamingos are pretty awesome.

DisneyAugust2012014_zpsb25e0373.jpg

We decided that it was time to leave the park. There was nothing else we really wanted to do.

DisneyAugust2012012_zps51bdc9fc.jpg

DisneyAugust2012015_zps74dddcfc.jpg

This is like the SeaWorld lighthouse thing outside the park. It's like the symbol of the park outside it, ya know? Like the castle or the Universal globe. I knowwww you know what I am thinking.

My overall thought on SeaWorld is fairly good. I think it is better for younger kids. I honestly was a little disappointed. There was less animals there, and I thought it doesn't seem like the commercials. Maybe the San Diego one is better. I wasn't as nice as I pictured it. I'm glad we only planned a day there, because I don't think there is enough stuff foreveryone for more than one. I don't have the need to go back anytime soon, but I would really like to see the new Antarctica some day. Also I would like to go to Discovery Cove.

After we left the park we just went back to the hotel. What happened next? You'll just have to wait and find out!

Next time on The Mini Get to Know Me TR!: We eat at a suspicious Japanese restaurant and later as Lia, _disneygirl, would say, we get drunk on food!

The question of the update is...
In honor of the Dapper Dans boyband tribute, what is your favorite boyband/boyband song?

It is officially the end of this update! You know I LOVE to hear from you, so comment! I'll see ya soon!
P.S. Earlier while writing this I was listening to Disney music with Tinkerbell622 and Disney Mania came on! Does anyone remember those CD's where Disney Channel stars sang ACTUAL Disney music? The It's a Small World version came on and I busted out the rap part! I haven't listened to that in ages and... I guess it just came out! :confused3 Who knew I had it in me!

Anyways, see ya soon!
-Gianna :wave2:

Great update on Seaworld. We decided not to do Seaworld as we went to San Diego one so I didn't think we would miss much, however Aquatica looks pretty cool.
No boy band song...I have a rep to live up to! but my kids grew up to some Disney VHSvideos which were filmed in the Disney Parks and featured some Disney ride themes (eg. A Pirate's Life, etc.) which they would watch over and over all day.

ixmnrs said:
Great update on Seaworld. We decided not to do Seaworld as we went to San Diego one so I didn't think we would miss much, however Aquatica looks pretty cool.
No boy band song...I have a rep to live up to! but my kids grew up to some Disney VHSvideos which were filmed in the Disney Parks and featured some Disney ride themes (eg. A Pirate's Life, etc.) which they would watch over and over all day.

Yup, Disney VHS tapes were my childhood, haha.

I'm enjoying your trip report. I have never been to Sea World, so it is fun looking at your pictures. Actually, there was a Sea World in Ohio that we used to go to as kids when we would visit my grandparents, but that was the 70s, and I don't remember much about it! I'm guessing it didn't have quite the attractions that the Orlando Sea World has!

Also, I was laughing at your dad running errands before the trip. My mom always complains that whenever they are about to have company over and she could use help getting ready, my dad will all of the sudden want to clean out a drawer or something the the guests will never see. Also it made me think of the time I was in FL with my parents in college, we had one day to go to Disney and my dad all of the sudden needed to make some phone call that could have waited and we were late getting to the park. He just kept talking and talking and talking and I was going crazy because we were late. I guess he had no drawer to clean out!

Anyway, keep the updates coming!

OMG I love the Disney Mania Cd's ,but mostly the aaron carter version of second star to the right!!!WELCOME to the Dis by the way :wave2::wave2:Oh I soooo wanna go to sea World now just to ride the MANTa ahhhh it looks super awesome!!

kleigh1969 said:
I'm enjoying your trip report. I have never been to Sea World, so it is fun looking at your pictures. Actually, there was a Sea World in Ohio that we used to go to as kids when we would visit my grandparents, but that was the 70s, and I don't remember much about it! I'm guessing it didn't have quite the attractions that the Orlando Sea World has!

Also, I was laughing at your dad running errands before the trip. My mom always complains that whenever they are about to have company over and she could use help getting ready, my dad will all of the sudden want to clean out a drawer or something the the guests will never see. Also it made me think of the time I was in FL with my parents in college, we had one day to go to Disney and my dad all of the sudden needed to make some phone call that could have waited and we were late getting to the park. He just kept talking and talking and talking and I was going crazy because we were late. I guess he had no drawer to clean out!

Anyway, keep the updates coming!

Thanks! Yeah SeaWorld was different, but you know we always end up in Disney for some reason

As you will see as the report goes on there will be more times he does things like that. He did the exact talking on the phone right outside the park thing! He's often the cause of us being late to the parks because he sleeps in. No sleeping in Disney!

cheekypoppins said:
OMG I love the Disney Mania Cd's ,but mostly the aaron carter version of second star to the right!!!WELCOME to the Dis by the way :wave2::wave2:Oh I soooo wanna go to sea World now just to ride the MANTa ahhhh it looks super awesome!!

I loved that song! I think I still have all my CD's, I might have to look and try to listen to them!

The Manta is a pretty cool ride. Even though I didn't actually ride it, it's really smooth even with the loops and everything. It's like a Manta ray, it glides! Haha

Hello everyone! How you doin? *Friends reference* I started school again, so updates may become less frequently. :sad1: Honestly, I'm trying to think of fun new things to tell you but I can't! I appreciate all the new comments, and almost 900 views! But lets just get going on this, because it's a special update.

We got back to the hotel and we sat around for HOURS and didn't do anything! We were just debating on what to do. It was one of the less fun moments.

BREAKING NEWS THAT I JUST REMEMBERED!!!
Has anyone ordered from magical ribbons? I have been waiting and waiting to order and today she opened again for only 50 orders. My dad was to slow answering me and when he finally was about to get them she just said she was closed for orders. I'm so upset because it takes awhile for them to come and it takes awhile for her to open back up! UGH! :mad:

Ok, we decided to eat at a Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. When we drove up it was CUHRAZY busy. Don't you like my emphasis on crazy? Probably spelled that wrong... We kind of drove in circles before we saw a little Japansese buffet. My dad convinced us to eat there, because he goes to those restaurants all the time for work. It seemed to be in a shady plaza run by shady people. I'm more of a Yachtsman's Steakhouse kind of girl.

The big thing was, it smelled like something died outside!!! I don't know why, but the outside of the restaurant smelled not so pretty.

I didn't eat a lot there, but my dad liked it, so I guess that's all that matters! :sad2: Basically the food was alright. They did have an ice cream machine though, and that, THAT was Disney magic kind of ice cream. It was sooo cold, which made it perfect! I think my mom had like three bowls!

We made it out of there alive, but I was pretty scared leaving in the dark.

Continued in Next Update...

My dad dropped us off at the hotel and he left to go pick up his cousin Jimmy and his son Jamie.

Ok, backstory time! Jimmy is my dad's cousin and he is married to Patty who had two kids Jenny and Jamie. Jenny got married to Craig and had two kids, Zoe who just turned 2 then, and now she just had Tyler about a month ago. We alwaysgo to Disney with them and hangout. We are super close even if we aren't closely related. *Disclaimer* In a previous post where I was frazzled and said about a death in the family it was Jimmy. It was super unxpected and it is really hard, because he taught me everything about Disney and was like my grandfather.

So Jimmy, Patty, and Jamie took the same flight and came on the Magical Express. They were staying at Art of Animation and were just going to Disney. But since my dad had the rented car he was taking the two boys to go to the Hard Rock and hang out.

My mom and I went back to the room and boy did we have a surprise!

The nightly turndown service came and had turned the TV on to a music channel with love music playing! I don't know what they thought was going to happen that night, but it wasn't!

DisneyAugust2012127_zpsc4afd8bf.jpg

The bed turned down with remote ready for mood music.

DisneyAugust2012129_zps05a83ac2.jpg

This card was on the bed with like raspberry chocolate taped to it and the weather for the next day checked off!

DisneyAugust2012128_zps4fec11b2.jpg

And then they had these slippers layed out! :dance3:Oh yeah, you gotta love the Waldorf. I actually wore those around for the rest of the stay. They were sooooo comfy and warm. We actually called to see if they sold them, and looked in the gift shop, and asked inside the spa. Honestly, we should've just packed them and gave the checkout 30 bucks, because they were that amazing. Really I was in love with a pair of slippers.

Jimmy and Patty's Magical Express didn't even leave the airport yet and my dad was already there! So he just waited around, but my mom had free drink coupons for the bar area downstairs and wanted to use them. So we decided to just go down. I was o tempted to wear my slippers like the bathrobe princesses.

I'm sure that you can already tell I love the frumps and consider myself an honorary one. No shame in that! :worship:

Anyways my mom got a beer and I just got water. As I looked at the menu I saw they had "mocktails," but I didn't know what they were until my mom told me. I decided, hey why not! My mom's got coupons! :thumbsup2
So I ordered the Tropical Breeze Mocktail!

DisneyAugust2012018_zps500a4d7e.jpg

Now this... this is where things get interesting.

The bar area is basically like a living room. It was very open with couches and lamps. Our table was by the gift shop and the walkway to the elevators, so it was pretty away from the actual bar.

Next to us was a couch and there was a little boy and girl there and they just had been to Disney and they had a private tourguide! The little boy was so cute though. He kept saying how excited he was to go back and that he really wanted a balloon, so the tourguide went and got him a balloon out of nowhere! It was all very strange and we were getting loopy.

We kept calling our waitress back over and order more things and we were getting pretty loud. Everything at that point was just histerical.

I forgot to tell you about my tropical breeze! It was a mixture of orange, and pineapple, and strawberry. It was very tangy and sour, but I loved it. I loved it so much I got another one!!!

If anyone on here reads Lia's (_disneygirl) trip reports, aka the latest Stuck in Disney, you know about how she experiences getting food drunk. Which for those of you who don't know, it is getting the symptoms of drunk excitedness, craziness, and airheaded-ness, by just consuming amazing food. I get like this especially at night.

I officially proclaim us food drunk, because we then decided to order a red velvet cake. Yeah. That just happened.

My mom called her best friend and it was downhill from there. I was making noises and the background and everytime my mom said something to her I'd have a rebuttle. So at that point I proceeded to take the phone away from her and talk to her myself, and get the stories right!

Well then the cake came! This is where my mother started to hit the wall. We had a great spot for people watching, so of course we took the opportunity. It was like she was scouting out a new husband. She kept pointing out employees and going, ooooh he likes nice! I kept syaing mom, you shouldn't be doing that, but she would just say oh you're no fun!

I'm pretty sure I was fun! Honestly, I don't remember a lot. We were just so loud and giggly! The last things I remember were us cheering when the bill came, because it was ZERO dollars! Because of the coupons! I have no idea where they came from, but I felt really bad for our waitress because she went through all that and we didn't even pay anything! I also remember singing it's a small world as we walked back to the room.

When I get loopy night time food drunk, I can't walk straight, so I run into things... and people. Well when we were walking to our elevator I ran into a man. He was ok about it, but I came out of nowhere! When we got in the elevator my mom said, of course, he was a nice looking man to run into. :love: oh boyyy

My dad still wasn't back yet, but I wasn't allowed in bed until Jimmy got to see our special turndown service. They got to the hotel at like 11 and then they went to the Hard Rock. And we went to bed!

That's the end of this update! I forgot the answer to my question of the update last time, so my favorite boyband is One Direction. WHAT! I'm a teenage girl, so it's acceptable. This update's question is...
What food makes you very happy? Have you ever been food drunk?

Sorry for the lack of pictures! As you can tell I was all over the place! Comment and subscribe! See ya soon!
-Gianna :goodvibes

Next time on the Mini Get to Know Me TR: An Unexpected Trip to Disney!

I'm very sorry for your loss. It seems Jimmy was instrumental in encouraging your love for Disney.

ixmnrs said:
I'm very sorry for your loss. It seems Jimmy was instrumental in encouraging your love for Disney.

Thank you so much! It's kind of hard to describe how he is to me, but he did influence Disney on us. He was our "excuse" to go, because he'd beg us.

Hi Gianna, I just wanted to drop a note of support for this and all future trip reports. Being so young and visiting Disney that many times... wow, you can really put us older folk to shame. It's too bad your dad didn't ride Manta. It's my favourite ride in Florida.

DisneyKid4Life said:
Hi Gianna, I just wanted to drop a note of support for this and all future trip reports. Being so young and visiting Disney that many times... wow, you can really put us older folk to shame. It's too bad your dad didn't ride Manta. It's my favourite ride in Florida.

Yay thanks so much! I always knew going to Disney so many times would pay off sooner or later! I'm sure the next time we go to Sea World he'll want to ride it!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let people know I'm sorry I haven't been updating in a while! I recently went on a trip to NYC and it threw me out of wack! I have been very busy lately and I want the updates to be very good and if you've ever done one you know they take time. I've tried twice to update. Once, my computer didn't work because it's just old. And today I tried but again it wouldn't let me post and everything is gone. It frustrates me a lot when that happens. I just wanted to say I'm still here but you'll have to bare with me for a little while!

While I'm here I'm soooo excited for the new Disney Vera Bradley bags! Dreams really do come true!

Also, the new Tangled restrooms. It's really scary when you're favorite place in the MK is going to be a bathroom.

These are just more reasons why I need to go soon or I'll explode!!!

Thanks for reading and I'll try to update ASAP! See ya real soon!
-Gianna

I'm baaaaaack! I just want to apologize so very much for the lack of updates. I have been really busy, but there have been times where I could've made an update but I was just to lazy too! I hope that you'll all continue to read and stay with me!

I just am going to jump right in! We left off on the next morning. My cousins were going to get to Disney today from their cruise and I really wanted to get together with them, so I woke up at 8:30, got dressed, and was ready to go!

My cousin Jess was going to text me when they were close. My cousins that were coming were my cousin Jess (16) wo's like my sister, Jen (17), and twins Scott and Andrew (12), and their parents Jill and Richie. Jill is actually my mom's cousin, so they're my 3rd cousins.

My mom woke up at 9:45 and Jill called. We decided that we'd go to their hotel and go to Epcot with them. My dad was going to go to the beach with Jamie.

Where were they staying?...

The Art of Animation! That means we would get to check out the hotel before we stayed! It was a surprise for the kids though, so I couldn't mention it to Jess as I was txting her.

We got in our car and my dad drove us there. It was very close, so we got there before they did!

We saw this bus pulling out which is funny, because Jess is obessed with Hercules!

We parked and went inside! Let me tell you, this is by far the best value resort in my opinion! I know it is newer, so you would expect it to be, but the theming is spot on!

Observe!...

This is the front wall in the lobby with all the character sketches.

[

We decided since they weren't here and it was lunch time we'd eat! Because in my family what do you do when you're bored? Eat of course.

I got the chicken and rice with naan bread. The chicken was very good, a little to burnt for my liking, but still good. The rice was a bit dry and flavorless, but I still ate it. The big winner was the naan bread! It was buttery and crunchy, and just delicious! They also sell the naan bread seperatley, so during the trip we got that.

It also came with a little side of grilled vegetables, but there was also a weird sauce with that was nasty, so I didn't eat that. Even if this wasn't the best meal I loved it and I got it about 2 other times during the trip.
/COLOR]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter