A Mid-Winter Getaway ~ My First PTR!! ~ 4/13: TR update - pg. 8

Also came from Sarah's pre-trippie. I'm also 22, just graduated, went to Disney to celebrate, and oh yeah - my name is Clare! How crazy?! Anyways, I just got back from Boardwalk and loved being in that area. I'm jealous that you guys are DVC members! Do you like American Idol as much as your sister? Because I'm pretty sure you will fall in love with American Idol Experience when you go...we went twice in a row this time, and honestly, I could sit there all day!

Congrats on graduating and I can't wait to read more!

Love your list. You will really like the American Idol experience. Sad about Splash Mountain but atleast Space will be open for you!

I love Pixie Hollow too. I think Terence might be there now too because of the new movie but I'm not sure if that was just for a little bit. Who knows. LOL.
I'm glad you liked the list. I didn't know that Terence was in Pixie Hollow now. I hope he's still there.

Hi Claire! Got here via your sister's PTR. I like your Top 10 Must Do's! I'm going about the same time as your sister in April, and normally my family doesn't go to all the parks. But since my DBF is coming along with us this time, I'm hoping to go to DHS with him. Trying Toy Story Mania would be a great memory! So cool how you were able to try it as a preview!
Hi, and welcome to my PTR! You should definitely go to DHS with your DBF. Everyone needs to try Toy Story Mania. :goodvibes

Also came from Sarah's pre-trippie. I'm also 22, just graduated, went to Disney to celebrate, and oh yeah - my name is Clare! How crazy?! Anyways, I just got back from Boardwalk and loved being in that area. I'm jealous that you guys are DVC members! Do you like American Idol as much as your sister? Because I'm pretty sure you will fall in love with American Idol Experience when you go...we went twice in a row this time, and honestly, I could sit there all day!

Congrats on graduating and I can't wait to read more!
Welcome!! That is pretty crazy about all the similarities! I'll have to check out your TR. And yes, I love American Idol as much as Sarah does. So I'm sure I'll love the AI Experience! :)

And thanks for the congratulations! I can't believe how fast college went by.

HI Claire,
I've been MIA from everywhere! lol. But your must do's sound great!
And you should definitely love The American Idol Experience it's so fun!

Also Congratulations on Graduating College that is AWESOME! :flower3:

I can't wait to hear more of your plans your time is going to go really fast now! I'm counting down to my next trip in Aug/Sept Bounceback Free Dining and I can make my 180 day ADR's on February 23rd! :rotfl: Am I crazy or what? :)

Congratulations on your Graduation.:cool1: Your trip is coming up soon, how exciting for you. (I follow your sister's trip reports, and live in Milw too.)

I think you will enjoy the Boardwalk, and it sounds like the pool at Beach Club is great. Don't forget to go to Beaches and Cream for a No Way Jose.;)

I'm here too! Your plans are looking great, I hope you are able to accomplish everything on your list.

That is a bummer about the pool - the BW slide looks like a lot of fun...despite the clown...which I find slightly creepy. :rotfl: But, Stormalong Bay looks amazing, and thankfully they are so close, and it's such a pretty walk. :goodvibes

Mickey Mail always makes the trip seem so real and close! :yay:

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great Christmas. :santa:

The reason I'm updating is because our trip continues to grow closer and closer - yesterday we hit the 4-week mark. I am so excited!! :cool1: In honor of this, I decided to create another Top 10 List. I stole the idea for this one from my sister Sarah's PTR. The topic: my favorite Disney movies. The reason I chose to do this is because Sarah, our Dad and I went to see The Princess and the Frog today, and it got me thinking about Classic Disney movies and other Disney movies that I love. Putting them in order is going to be hard for me, but here we go!

Claire's Top Ten Favorite Disney Movies

10. WALL-E
I saw Wall-E last summer with my Dad and sister, and while we all agreed that it was a little strange, I still liked it. I just loved the character and thought he was so cute. It's not my favorite Disney-Pixar movie, but it's up there. :)

9. The Chronicles of Narnia
The Chronicles of Narnia (both movies) are on my list of favorite live-action Disney movies. I couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I just put them both together.

8. Up!
When I saw previews for this movie before it came out, I didn't know if I'd like it. But I've felt this way about most Disney-Pixar movies before I've seen them, so I decided to give it a chance. I am so glad I did. This movie was so good - it even had me crying in parts. The backstory for the character Carl was so touching, and I loved the kid Russell. Overall very good and funny movie.

7. The Little Mermaid
Not much to say about The Little Mermaid, other than I just love it. I'm your typical girl who is a sucker for the romantic princess movies. They always seem to make me happy. I also love the music in this movie.

6. High School Musical
Yes, High School Musical is on my list of favorite Disney movies. I'm a 22-year old girl, but I am not ashamed to admit that I like them. I don't deny that they are cheesy (because they really are), but the music is catchy and I love the characters. And it doesn't hurt that Zac Efron is pretty easy on the eyes. ;)

5. Toy Story
The third Disney-Pixar movie on my list. As it was the first one ever, it will always be my favorite. I will always remember thinking that this movie looked so stupid when it first came out (like I mentioned feeling with Up!) but gave it a chance anyway. And I instantly loved it and still do. :goodvibes

4. Peter Pan
Basically, this is one of the Classic Disney movies which is why I love it. Not much to say other than that.

3. Cinderella
Again, it's one of the those Classic Disney Princess movies that I am a sucker for. :lovestruc

2. Pirates of the Caribbean
For anyone who has noticed my signature, it's not surprising that this on my list. Like the Chronicles of Narnia, I couldn't separate one from the other, so I just put all three together. I love these movies, especially the character of Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp = amazing!!) Needless to say, I am pretty pumped that there is going to be a #4!

And now, for my #1 favorite Disney movie....

...drumroll please....

1. Beauty and the Beast
I am not quite sure why this movie is #1, but I just love it. Maybe it's the music, or maybe it's that romance that I love so much. Whatever it is, something about Beauty and the Beast puts it at #1!

So, there you go! That's my list of my favorite Disney movies. Enjoy!

Copycat. :mad: haha, j/k.

Nice list. Up was so good. Some of the parts were soooo sad though. :sad1:

I still wish I was going with you. Oh well. You can call me and I can do updates for your TR! hehe

Yay for an update! I agree that Wall-E is a strange movie, but I really ended up loving it! Probably because it reminded me so much of my DBF Weird (we saw it together). I've found that you either like it or you just don't. There are a few people at my church who just did NOT like it, and I think they're absolutely crazy! But I too didn't think I would like it; I went because Weird really wanted to see it.

Hehe, I think Zac Efron's easy on the eyes too. I like Troy as well as Peter and Edmund Pevensie. Is it weird that I've got a thing for younger Disney movie stars? Haha, they're just so cute!

Copycat. :mad: haha, j/k.

Nice list. Up was so good. Some of the parts were soooo sad though. :sad1:

I still wish I was going with you. Oh well. You can call me and I can do updates for your TR! hehe
I'm sorry that you can't come with us. :guilty: I'll definitely call you, though. I think we'll have my laptop because of the free WiFi, but you can do updates for me if you want. :goodvibes

Yay for an update! I agree that Wall-E is a strange movie, but I really ended up loving it! Probably because it reminded me so much of my DBF Weird (we saw it together). I've found that you either like it or you just don't. There are a few people at my church who just did NOT like it, and I think they're absolutely crazy! But I too didn't think I would like it; I went because Weird really wanted to see it.

Hehe, I think Zac Efron's easy on the eyes too. I like Troy as well as Peter and Edmund Pevensie. Is it weird that I've got a thing for younger Disney movie stars? Haha, they're just so cute!
I agree with you about Wall-E, and it being that people either like it or really don't. I obviously really liked it, though.

Oh yeah, I like Peter Pevensie, too. And the guy who plays Prince Caspian. :love: But anyway, I don't think it's weird that you like younger Disney stars.

Hi everyone! :wave:

Yesterday I was thinking about my Top Ten list, and I realized that there are some movies that I completely forgot about. I couldn't believe that I didn't include some other movies that I really love. I'm not going to redo my list, but here are some of my Honorable Mentions.

1. 101 Dalmatians
I love this movie (the animated version, btw), and have ever since I was little. I remember that my sisters and I all got stuffed dogs for Christmas one year (I got Lucky). I also had 101 Dalmatians bedding and a poster picture. So yeah, cute movie. :lovestruc

2. Enchanted
I will always remember the day that I saw this movie in the theater. It was two years ago, and it was a really, really cold day. Anyway, I fell in love with this movie instantly. I love the combination of animation and live action, and I also love the characters. Especially Patrick Dempsey's character. :love: My favorite scene is one at the end at the ball, with Robert and Giselle's dance. <3

3. National Treasure
This is another movie that I loved from the first time I saw it. I love the suspense and the puzzle-like aspect to it. I think I like the original better than the sequel, but both are good.

Well, there you go! Those are my honorable mentions. I really love all of these movies, and can't believe I forgot them! A couple of them would probably actually be in the real Top Ten, but I have no idea where so I'm not going to redo the list.

DBF and I absolutely LOVE National Treasure! People think we're silly for liking it. I mean, I know it's not the kind of movie that will win awards, but we have so much fun watching it. It's a good action/adventure film that's still family-friendly. We are waiting for it to drop in price so that we can get it for our collection.

I use it when teaching too. In Poe's story "The Cask of Amontillado," there's a play on words about Mason/mason (the secret society/someone who lays brick). I have to talk about National Treasure when I come across that part! Hehe.

DBF and I absolutely LOVE National Treasure! People think we're silly for liking it. I mean, I know it's not the kind of movie that will win awards, but we have so much fun watching it. It's a good action/adventure film that's still family-friendly. We are waiting for it to drop in price so that we can get it for our collection.

I use it when teaching too. In Poe's story "The Cask of Amontillado," there's a play on words about Mason/mason (the secret society/someone who lays brick). I have to talk about National Treasure when I come across that part! Hehe.
Well, I don't think you're silly for liking National Treasure. I agree that it's obviously not an Academy Award caliber movie, but I think it's fun, too! That's cool that you use it in your teaching. :)

Hello! :wave: So I know I'm a couple of days late, but I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! I hope 2010 brings all of you a lot of happiness and good times. :goodvibes

Anyway, now that's it's 2010, I can say that we're going to Disney World this month! Today, we have reached the 3-week mark! :cool1: There's not too much to update on specifically, but my dad and I are beginning to talk about things we want to do and when. Right now, here's a tentative schedule:

Sunday, January 24:
-Flight leaves from Milwaukee at 7:30 am
-Arrive at MCO around 11:00 am
-Magical Express to Disney's Boardwalk Villas
-Afternoon at either MGM or Epcot - not sure which yet. If it's MGM, we might try to get into the American Idol Experience, or maybe see Fantasmic!, since it's one of only two days it's showing during our trip.

Monday, January 25:
-Morning at Magic Kingdom - it's always our tradition to do the MK on our first morning. So I'm sure that's what we'll do this time.

Tuesday, January 26:
-Dinner at Yachtsman

Wednesday, January 27:
-Evening at the Magic Kingdom for SpectroMagic and Wishes? - this is the only day other than Monday that they have SpectroMagic. Since we'll most likely do MK on Monday morning, we won't be doing the evening here that day.

Thursday, January 28:
-No plans yet

Friday, January 29:
-Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe

Saturday, January 30:
-Flight leaves Orlando at 9:00 am :(

As you can see, we don't have too much planned yet. :lmao: Since my family and I have been to Disney World several times, we pretty much just decide the day before or day of what we want to do. We've never planned too far ahead. And other than the ADR's, even the things I have written here are not set in stone.

So, that's it for now. I'll keep you updated if anything else comes up. :)

Doesn't it feel great to say "this month"?! :cloud9:

I'm a big fan of the National Treasure movies too, they are so fun!

Are you staying in a studio at BWV? We are looking at the Boardwalk for our next stay, it's Joe's "dream resort" ...so any advice/tips/pictures of the rooms/resort would be much appreciated! :goodvibes

I arrive in FL the day you depart. I hope it is warmer, we were in Naples for New Years, and it was pretty chilly. The sun sure feels nice though, and it was nice to see green grass and palm trees. Sounds like you have some great places to eat, I am sure it will be a fun trip.

Wow, I have been such a slacker on this PTR. I've just been really busy with school, so that, along with the fact that there hasn't been too much to update on, has kept me from posting. :headache: But because the trip is sooo close (9 DAYS!!) I finally decided it was time to come back. :) I still don't have too much specifically to update on, but there are some small things:

1. SpectroMagic - During the non-peak times, SpectroMagic is not held every night. While we are there, it was originally supposed to be on Monday and Wednesday. But now they changed the Wednesday show to Thursday, which is the same as one of the nights Hollywood Studios has Fantasmic. Since it's my goal to see all of the nighttime shows on this trip, we'll have to do a bit more advance planning to get them all in.

2. Arrival Day - My dad and I are still discussing our plans for the day we get there. Right now, we're thinking we want to go to the Studios, because there are some shows there I want to do. Namely the High School Musical show and the Pixar Block Party Bash. :) Since it's been a couple years since I've been to Disney World, I haven't seen the HSM show for Senior Year, which is why I want to do that. And I saw a bit of the Block Party Bash on our last trip in May 2008, but not the whole thing. So we may hit those two things right away on Day 1.

Anyway, I know it's nothing too exciting, but that's what I have right now. I mainly just wanted to let everyone know that I am still here and thinking about this PTR. I promise that before we leave next Sunday, I'll make time for a couple more updates. :thumbsup2

Doesn't it feel great to say "this month"?! :cloud9:

I'm a big fan of the National Treasure movies too, they are so fun!

Are you staying in a studio at BWV? We are looking at the Boardwalk for our next stay, it's Joe's "dream resort" ...so any advice/tips/pictures of the rooms/resort would be much appreciated! :goodvibes
We're staying in a one-bedroom villa. But I will definitely take lots of pictures of the resort to share with you. :goodvibes

I arrive in FL the day you depart. I hope it is warmer, we were in Naples for New Years, and it was pretty chilly. The sun sure feels nice though, and it was nice to see green grass and palm trees. Sounds like you have some great places to eat, I am sure it will be a fun trip.
I hope it's warmer, too. My dad always looks ahead at the weather forecasts when we go on vacation, to see how the weather is in that place during the days leading up to our trips. He has been following Orlando's weather for a couple weeks now, and has said that he's (kind of) glad that it's been cool there. We obviously don't want it cold for our trip, but now at least we don't have to think about how the weather was beautiful before we went, but not so nice for us. :lmao: I'm sure anything over 50 will feel nice to us, though, since it's been cold in Wisconsin.

SINGLE DIGITS:cool1: LUCKY YOU

Can't wait for morepopcorn:: Don't worry about not having too much planned, besides ADR's my family never plans before we leave!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter