A MAGICal trip to Key West and the Western Caribbean March 29/15

My parents are so generously taking all of us on our first cruise (for all of us!).

:welcome: How awesome of your parents to take you all on a Disney cruise!

We have my parents Duane and Kathy, myself (Anne) and my DH Dion, then our 4 kids will be split between our two rooms (one inside cabin and one outside with veranda (best of both worlds)). Our kids are Blake (DS-19), Sarah (DD-15), Carson (DS-10 - celebrating his birthday on the cruise!) and Chayse (DD-8).

I believe we would like the kids to be added to the fish extenders (is it just the kids or do adults join in the fun as well?)

The FE is for everyone. Lots of adults WITHOUT kids are doing it as well. So, please let me know who you want to sign up and then I can put you on the list.

We have staterooms #6543 and #6540.

As far as excursions we have decided:

Key West - explore on our own, Fort Zachary or a place to have a beverage or three (aka fun bar area)

Key West is easily done on your own. I guess Fort Zachery could be a bit of a hike, but there are lots of other places to visit and there is a hop on hop off trolley tour which leaves right from Mallory Square and the loop takes about 2 hours. But you can easily walk from one end of the island to the other in half an hour.
This tour would let you see the mayor sights (like Hemingway's house and the lighthouse with a great view of the island), but it does not go to Fort Zachery.

Grand Cayman - we booked through Disney (the idea of the ship leaving me scares the beejeezus out of me) the Dolphin Extreme Swim and Turtle Farm. The older men in our group are sitting this one out, but the rest of us are ALL IN!

Just give yourself time and you will be back in plenty of time. We have done the Turtle Farm as part of a tour in 2013 and it is nice, just not enough to do it all day long.
I guess we will do a private tour and then just browse the shops near the harbour a bit. ;)

Cozumel - all of us are signed up for the Cozumel ruins and beach tour. I would love to take the kids to Tulum, but the drive was long and that would have limited us to just doing the ruins. This way we have a little of both ruins and beach time. (my kids are water babies!)

LOL, we did the Cozumel Ruins and Cultural Center tour last time we went. Be warned - lots of mosquitos at the ruins. I think we easily emptied a container of bug spray, spraying again and again.
Tulum is just a bit too far for us.

Castaway Cay - we are snorkeling and beaching the day away! My littles (Car and Chayse) have even started practicing with the snorkel!

You will not be bored on Castaway Cay. It is heaven on earth - such a beautiful island with crystal clear waters.

My dad may bow out of some of the excursion depending upon how he feels. He had a horrific motorcycle accident that resulted in a traumatic brain injury, so we have some good days and some not-so-good days. That is why we decided upon a cruise, those who want to relax can, those that want to go-go-go can do as well!

We even have Palo booked on Day 3 (at sea day).

Brunch or dinner?

What do all of you seasoned cruisers think? Is this do-able?

Sure is! :goodvibes

I am so excited! We have a few great vacations planned before this (Dominican Republic and Vegas) and the cruise is all I can think about!

:lovestruc Anne

You will be busy with all your vacations and preparing for the cruise.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

We are already disney fanatics, have done DisneyLand & DisneyWorld numerous times, but this is our first ever cruise. We are travelling with 2 of our 3 daughters, celebrating our oldest Jessica's completing her Nursing Degree, she got to pick the trip. Our youngest daughter, Erin is 15 and is also looking forward to this new adventure. We want to take in as much as possible, so can you help us sign up for the fish extender for our March 29th Disney Magic cruise please?

We are already disney fanatics, have done DisneyLand & DisneyWorld numerous times, but this is our first ever cruise. We are travelling with 2 of our 3 daughters, celebrating our oldest Jessica's completing her Nursing Degree, she got to pick the trip. Our youngest daughter, Erin is 15 and is also looking forward to this new adventure. We want to take in as much as possible, so can you help us sign up for the fish extender for our March 29th Disney Magic cruise please?

:welcome: to the DISboards and our cruise meet thread.

So, this is going to be your first cruise? Makes me smile, as in 2009 we went on our first and what was supposed once in a lifetime cruise.
And this is the catch with a Disney cruise - they get addictive! :lmao:

And if you want to sign up for the fish extender gift exchange, then all I need are everyones first names, the ages of any kids and your stateroom number. There is a lot of information in the links in my first post. But if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. :goodvibes

We are already disney fanatics, but this is our first ever cruise and we would like to take in all the fun. My husband Bob, myself (Wendy) and 2 of our 3 daughters are joining us to celebrate. Our adult daughter Jessica just graduated from Nursing (so she got to pick the family trip) and youngest Erin (15) are hoping we can still sign up for the fish extender on this March 29th trip aboard the Disney Magic. Can someone please direct us what we need to do next?

You will be busy with all your vacations and preparing for the cruise.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Okey dokey....

Palo is a dinner at 7 (I think). The food looks amazing! Yum yum!

As far as fish extenders, I am still doing some research to be certain I am within "guidelines". But I think this will be fabulous! As a seasoned cruiser, what sort of item do you love?

I also have another question (I warned you that this vacation is all I can think about :rotfl2:) has anyone had any experience with the 18-21 crowd gatherings. My college boy was wondering if he was going to have activities of his own or should he plan to join us in ours (ship activities, not excursions).

And another one.... Does the Magic give out that free wifi package I see glimpses of every now and then? Or is that on another boat? I want to unplug as much as possible, but I know DH will need to be in contact with work occassionally.

I think I am done.... For now.

Can I confess? I was so excited to find this message board, I had no idea it existed until this weekend. Now I feel like I have a home base to meet my cruising family and ask all my silly questions.

:wave2:

Okey dokey....

Palo is a dinner at 7 (I think). The food looks amazing! Yum yum!

As far as fish extenders, I am still doing some research to be certain I am within "guidelines". But I think this will be fabulous! As a seasoned cruiser, what sort of item do you love?

I also have another question (I warned you that this vacation is all I can think about :rotfl2:) has anyone had any experience with the 18-21 crowd gatherings. My college boy was wondering if he was going to have activities of his own or should he plan to join us in ours (ship activities, not excursions).

And another one.... Does the Magic give out that free wifi package I see glimpses of every now and then? Or is that on another boat? I want to unplug as much as possible, but I know DH will need to be in contact with work occassionally.

:wave2:

Palo by reservation only. Can be anywhere from 6-930

They don't have really any free Wi-Fi. You are on vacation!!

18-20 "kids" some activities

HI!!

We are getting so excited about the cruise! My parents are traveling with us as well and would like to be included in the FE.

Dan & Marianne Czarnecki in cabin #2562

We are the Morans in Cabin #2564

Thanks!

Palo by reservation only. Can be anywhere from 6-930

They don't have really any free Wi-Fi. You are on vacation!!

18-20 "kids" some activities

I apoligize, I meant to say... Our Palo dinner is at 7. Already booked :-)

I do understand we are on vacation, but my husband is in a position that if an emergency arises at work, they may need to text him. Believe me other than that we are off the grid. ;)

Do you know what sort of activities they have for my college boy? He really doesn't mind hanging with us, but it would be nice for him to have younger people to hang out with

Taking my 8 year old 3rd grade daughter & really looking forward to the trip. I know there are all sorts of kid's activities, but my daughter is hesitant to take part. Shy at 1st, but opens up after making a friend or 2 or 3. Hoping to connect with others, who may have a daughter of similar age, 8 or 9, so that she will become more willing to take part in all the kid's activities. I know she'll enjoy things more that way.
New to this type thread, but perhaps somebody has suggestions.
Thanks

Taking my 8 year old 3rd grade daughter & really looking forward to the trip. I know there are all sorts of kid's activities, but my daughter is hesitant to take part. Shy at 1st, but opens up after making a friend or 2 or 3. Hoping to connect with others, who may have a daughter of similar age, 8 or 9, so that she will become more willing to take part in all the kid's activities. I know she'll enjoy things more that way.
New to this type thread, but perhaps somebody has suggestions.
Thanks

I have an 8 year old DD (2nd grade). Her name is Chayse. She is a hoot and a half. Chayse doesn't have much fear, and will talk the ear off of anyone. What sort of interests does your daughter have? Maybe we can tell the girls about each other before the trip so they will feel comfortable with one another fairly quickly?

I have an 8 year old DD (2nd grade). Her name is Chayse. She is a hoot and a half. Chayse doesn't have much fear, and will talk the ear off of anyone. What sort of interests does your daughter have? Maybe we can tell the girls about each other before the trip so they will feel comfortable with one another fairly quickly?

My daughter, Danielle, enjoys many things. She plays lacrosse & soccer, enjoys horse back riding & swimming, plays crazy loom, & watches tv shows like Victorious, Full House, & Big Time Rush. She is very outgoing once she settles in with people. It's just the initial meet that she needs. It would be nice to be able to introduce them on the 1st day. When are you arriving to Florida?
BTW, you are going on the 3/29 cruise, correct? We will be in Orlando the day before.

My daughter, Danielle, enjoys many things. She plays lacrosse & soccer, enjoys horse back riding & swimming, plays crazy loom, & watches tv shows like Victorious, Full House, & Big Time Rush. She is very outgoing once she settles in with people. It's just the initial meet that she needs. It would be nice to be able to introduce them on the 1st day. When are you arriving to Florida?
BTW, you are going on the 3/29 cruise, correct? We will be in Orlando the day before.

Chayse likes to play with Legos, her little Pet Shop, and any sort of craft imaginable (drawing, sewing, ect) She also enjoys minecraft. She loves to swim and spend time at the beach. She also takes gymnastics. We have a horse as well, but it really belongs to her sister.

I would love to get them together. We are flying in on Saturday and staying in Cocoa Beach. I would love to introduce them on the first day.

Chayse likes to play with Legos, her little Pet Shop, and any sort of craft imaginable (drawing, sewing, ect) She also enjoys minecraft. She loves to swim and spend time at the beach. She also takes gymnastics. We have a horse as well, but it really belongs to her sister.

I would love to get them together. We are flying in on Saturday and staying in Cocoa Beach. I would love to introduce them on the first day.

Danielle Ike's crafts as well & yes mine craft & other video games (too much!). She loves the beach. She has only snorkeled once, but I'm looking forward to her doing more of it on this trip. I wish Danielle did gymnastics, I think she'd enjoy it. Like the fact that Chayse is fearless. Danielle will be afraid of the water slide & perhaps Chayse can convince her to try it. Danielle has an older sister, who is really in to horseback riding, thus she started lessons this past year. Being divorced, this is a father/daughter trip. I love being with her (my only child), but realize it's best for her to make friends & play with them to maximize her enjoyment of the trip. She'll have plenty of time with me!
Have chosen a couple excursions, including stingray trip in Grand Cayman. Thinking of not doing the ship trip, might book with Captain Marvin, who offers a 3 stop trip consisting of stingray stop & 2 snorkel stops.
We are staying at Hyatt Grand Cypress in Orlando on the 28th, so hope to meet on ship. Being new to this board, how do we arrange get together?

Danielle Ike's crafts as well & yes mine craft & other video games (too much!). She loves the beach. She has only snorkeled once, but I'm looking forward to her doing more of it on this trip. I wish Danielle did gymnastics, I think she'd enjoy it. Like the fact that Chayse is fearless. Danielle will be afraid of the water slide & perhaps Chayse can convince her to try it. Danielle has an older sister, who is really in to horseback riding, thus she started lessons this past year. Being divorced, this is a father/daughter trip. I love being with her (my only child), but realize it's best for her to make friends & play with them to maximize her enjoyment of the trip. She'll have plenty of time with me!
Have chosen a couple excursions, including stingray trip in Grand Cayman. Thinking of not doing the ship trip, might book with Captain Marvin, who offers a 3 stop trip consisting of stingray stop & 2 snorkel stops.
We are staying at Hyatt Grand Cypress in Orlando on the 28th, so hope to meet on ship. Being new to this board, how do we arrange get together?
I think they will get along great.

Has Danielle snorkeled before? Chayse has only practiced in the bathtub and pool. She is so excited to snorkel on Castaway Cay.

I have heard great things about the stingray excursion.

Not sure about setting things up. This is our first cruise so I really don't know about how long things will take once we get on the boat. Maybe as we get closer someone who has sailed a few times can gives us some tips.

I think they will get along great.

Has Danielle snorkeled before? Chayse has only practiced in the bathtub and pool. She is so excited to snorkel on Castaway Cay.

I have heard great things about the stingray excursion.

Not sure about setting things up. This is our first cruise so I really don't know about how long things will take once we get on the boat. Maybe as we get closer someone who has sailed a few times can gives us some tips.

We cruised last year on Royal Caribbean & she snorkeled for the 1st time after bathtub practice. After 5-10 minutes she took off & did fine.
1st Disney Cruise & not familiar with message board, so don't know how to proceed from here. Can give cabin ##, but my experience is that except for bedtime I'm never in the room.

We cruised last year on Royal Caribbean & she snorkeled for the 1st time after bathtub practice. After 5-10 minutes she took off & did fine.
1st Disney Cruise & not familiar with message board, so don't know how to proceed from here. Can give cabin ##, but my experience is that except for bedtime I'm never in the room.

As of right now, we are planning to go to the deck send off party. Maybe we can figure out a spot to meet there?

As of right now, we are planning to go to the deck send off party. Maybe we can figure out a spot to meet there?

I don't know if you've listed your cabin ##, but I'll leave mine in the next day, we can always connect leaving messages that way.
Don't see people leaving email addresses or phone ###s.
Thanks
Jim

Counting down the days!!
My daughter is busy trying to perfect our FE, my 12 year old perfectionist!

Any of you participating have girls my Reds age? Would love to introduce them, as she is traveling with her disney parents, but i want her to have fun with her own age grouo too!! She is excited to take more drawing classes on board, loves the activities, but would be more fun to have someone or a few to pal around with to do!

Thanks all! Really excited for this one!

HI!!

We are getting so excited about the cruise! My parents are traveling with us as well and would like to be included in the FE.

Dan & Marianne Czarnecki in cabin #2562

We are the Morans in Cabin #2564 (Matt, Katherine, Elizabeth, Natalie)

Thanks!

Hi Dizneeat-

I just wanted to be sure you got my request to add my parents (and our room number) to the FE - there has been a lot of message since I posted!
Katherine

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter