A lot to celebrate - TRIP REPORT

Technically our holiday (Dave, Elsie and I) holiday started Friday evening when Dave got home. I thought I would share a few things we got up to.

Elsie's first time bowling

She had asked to go bowling all week (We had been to a wedding the week before and at the reception venue they had a skittle alley and the kids were calling it bowling). So we decided we would take her.

Meeting Darth Vader and a Storm trooper

OK so these guys could talk. I don't know if you meet them in Disney if they do but I was shocked. 7-8 year old boys were scared of these guys half a pint Elsie walked straight up to Darth Vader and said "Hello". He replied "Hi how are you?" Elsie's answer "Good thanks! I am going to Disney World" :lmao: They told her how lucky she was, had a photo and left.

Gromit unleashed.

Not sure how well known this is outside of the South West of England but it was to raise money for a Bristol Children's hospital. For 10 weeks they had 80 Gromit's scattered around. We loved finding them during the summer but for a limited 5 days they had an exhibition to see all 80 plus 1 extra.

My favourite Gromit

The Gromit's were auctioned off after the exhibition. Disney actually bought Buzz Lightyear Gromit for a whopping £65,000.

The day before we went we went to pick my nan up, get a last few things for our trip, had every one round for a hot dogs and they all brought their suitcases to ours so we could load them straight in to the mini bus in the morning.

Travel Day

Our flight was early 9.15 and having to be there 3 hours before plus 40 minutes getting there we were up early. All week I had been suffering with ear ache and had to gone to bed really nervous about flying the next day. I woke up (an hour before my 4.50 alarm) and my ear was fine it was a miracle (or so I thought it returned the next day). Feeling great I jumped in the shower, then got my self ready. Sammi, Dave and Miley knocked on the door about 5.30. I still hadn't got Elsie up and Dave was still getting dressed. Luckily I was keeping Elsie in her PJ's on so just put a clean pull up on as really didn't want any accidents on the plane and she was ready.

Our Hallway and Kitchen was full of luggage we had a 9 suitcases, 2 push chairs, 2 car seats 3 sets of golf bags and now Sammi, Dave and Miley were there we had 6 pieces on hand luggage. This was fun to get it all on to the mini bus lol at 5.45am.

Any way all loaded we were on our way. We stopped to collect mum, dad and nanny from outside mum and dads house (just a 1/4 of a mile away).

Arriving at the airport I was SOOOOOO great full mum and dad had paid for us all to go premium with Thomson the check in line was HUGE!

All checked in we made our way through security (again very great full fast track) I think we all set the buzzer off and got a little pat down even Elsie. She thought the lady was giving her a hug bless her and tried to hug her back.

I had booked a table at Dexters a restaurant in the airport but they didn't have our reservation any where. They were quiet so it didn't matter I was just a bit upset as I had planned for there to be balloons etc at the table but never mind.

Full and a quick look round Duty Free our flight was called. Sounding like a broken record but SOOOOO great full for the Premium as we were on first at the very front of the plane.

Waiting for the plane

Looks so grown up in her own seat.

The flight was uneventful very disappointed with the entertainment. The films were lets say :scratchin pants. Luckily I had loaded the I pads with plenty of Doc Mcstuffins, Mickeys Club House and films like Wreck It Ralph. I did watch Modern Family Disneyland but apart from that is was the flight map.

We landed and immigration and Sandford was empty! :cheer2: I think we were the 2 or 3rd family through. Here is my first moan about Thomson Premier our bags took ages. Where as other airlines put 1st class and premium class bags out first. Dave's (brother in law) golf clubs were the very last thing to come off. They even had to ask for them and at first thought they were lost.

Cars collected after another palaver. Mum and dad had booked 2 Dodge Caravans or similar and we got a Dodge caravan and some small car like a ford mondeo size. Eventually they got it swapped to a kia Sadona.

We arrived at the huge villa.

117_1_zps46f58d99.jpg

Elsie and Dave were straight in the pool.

Whilst they were in the pool Mum, Nanny, Sammi and I went to Walmart. We got a few necessities like Lucky Charms, Oreos, Pink Lemonade and Mountain Dew. When we got back the guys went to Walmart for more necessities like beer and BBQ lays.

Modern Family series 5 was premièring tonight at 9 so we were forcing our selves to stay awake it for it. Dave and I watched it bed well we lasted 45 minutes. Elsie was already fast asleep.

Great first day, love the photo with Darth and the storm trooper!! :cool1: Looking forward to reading more :thumbsup2

:cheer2:yehhhhhhh you've started your TR:cheer2:

More pictures for Connie :rotfl2:

Can't wait for the rest :thumbsup2

Really looking forward to reading this TR! I love that the girls went to walmart and then the boys! We might have to do it like that too!

I'm going to save your TR till I'm home to help me with my inevitable post holiday blues!

As expected we were up early. Well Sammi, Dave, Miley, Elsie and me. I think it was around 4.30 we got up. It was Dave's birthday so he got a nice long birthday! Especially since we were wishing him happy birthday before we went to bed as technically in the UK it was his birthday already!

Not much went on in those early morning hours Disney, Junior, Pop Tart munching and keeping Elsie out the pool. Once every one else was up and dressed we gave Dave his cards and presents.

Birthday boys choice for breakfast was Denny's so off we went with 20% off voucher in hand (signed up to their newsletter just before we went a way).

The breakfasts were HUGE! This is what Dave (brother in law) and dad had I had a ham cheese egg sandwich with hash brown, Dave had the same, Sammi had French toast, Elsie had chocolate milk and barely touched her food (no change there) and I am sorry but cant remember what mum and nan had sorry.

After breakfast we made our way to Animal Kingdom. Once we had all gathered back together we decided the Safari would be a great first ride. It had just gone 9am so hoping to see lots of animals.

There was a little wait but we were soon on the ride. When we got on the heavens opened and it poured down!

As you can see most of the animals were seeking shelter. The elephants, rhinos and surprisingly the lions were out though.

I have only ever seen the Lion twice.

After the Safari we went to retrieve our push chairs. They were SOAKED! I don't just mean wet there were actual puddles in the seat and in the hood!

After ringing out what we could we did the Pangani Forest Trail. Sorry no photos the camera kept steaming up from the wet, warm weather. But you know the deal fish, birds, gorillas etc.

Elsie had been in Disney a few hours now and could not wait any longer she wanted characters. Dave, Elsie and I started heading for Camp Minnie and Mickey. Mum, Dad, Nanny and Miley went off for a drink and Sammi and Dave had gone to Expedition Everest.

Elsie chose Donald to be her first character. She was so excited to see him and wouldn't let him go.

She wanted to see Chip and Dale as well so we joined to their short line after.

She ran to Dale and nearly knocked him over lol. He wouldn't let her go to Chip he kept gesturing to Chip to go away and that he was keeping Elsie.

All three of them are very cheeky!

She did finally get a cuddle with Chip whilst Dave had a cuddle and autograph from Dale!

We had arranged to meet back at the tree of life at 12. It was just after 11, Elsie had gone through a crazy Bugs Life stage just before we came and the never forget Elsie remembered there was Big Bugs here in Animal Kingdom. (Big Bugs is what she calls Bugs Life no matter how many times you tell her its called Bugs Life). The show I think personally is starting to age a lot of the special effects don't seem to be as good any more. Shame as it was amazing!

After the show I started feeling really ill. I don't know if it was just tiredness or I needed a drink but I just knew I wanted to go home. We still had about 20 minutes till we had to meet every one. We had a slow look round the shops and when we come out mum, dad, nanny and Miley were outside already. We had our own car so we told them we were going as I just couldn't wait any longer. Nanny came back with us and after a very hot walk back to the car Elsie and I were asleep in the car.

Back at the Villa Elsie and I went up to bed and slept for a good few hours. We were woken by the noise of two noisy boys in the pool. Yes the two Dave's were in the pool. As soon as Elsie knew some one else was in her pool she was up bouncing about wanting to get in the pool. Dressed in our swimming gear and down stairs I walked in to the glass window! OUCH! I managed to laugh it off and was quickly in the pool.

After a lovely time in the pool all together. Sammi, the two Dave's and I got ready to go to Down Town Disney. Whilst Mum, Dad and Nanny kindly agreed to look after Elsie and Miley for us. At Down Town Disney we had planned to have something to eat, a few drinks and a little look round the shops. We got to cooks of Dublin and ordered, finally ordered a battered burger meal. Dave (BIL) shared a Doh Bar we both wanted to try it and weren't sure about having one each. It was good. I love chocolate though and would eat most chocolate. It was just like a very melted snickers in a pancake.

After eating the up nearly 20 hours had got the best of Sammi and she was ready to go back at 9pm. Oh well it wasn't much of a night out but we had a great time, talked about the girls most of the night (like parents always seem to do). We made our way back to the car and we were in the villa before 10. Surprised to hear Elsie had gone to bed already. We went straight up and we were fast asleep in no time.

Great first day, love the photo with Darth and the storm trooper!! :cool1: Looking forward to reading more :thumbsup2
She ask's to see him again. Going to be a star wars fan I think :rotfl:
:cheer2:yehhhhhhh you've started your TR:cheer2: More pictures for Connie :rotfl2: Can't wait for the rest :thumbsup2
Hope Connie is enjoying it so far.
Amazing start :-) cant wait for more! Xx
Thanks you!
Really looking forward to reading this TR! I love that the girls went to walmart and then the boys! We might have to do it like that too!
It is the right thing to do we looked at the entire shop where the the boys literally went in for beers and crisps lol!
I'm going to save your TR till I'm home to help me with my inevitable post holiday blues!
Hope you have managed to catch up now!
Yay! Delighted you've started your TR! So far so good, can't wait to read more :)
Thanks! Look at you 24 weeks pregnant! That has gone quick
Yay you've started Elsie looks so grown up x
I know I can't believe how grown up she is now!

A fun first day! We love Denny's will be eating breakfast there a few times I should think. Shame you felt poorly, do you think it was the jet lag? Xx

Excellent first day! So excited to see an update! Elsie is getting so big, can't believe the difference even since your last trip!

Loving reading so far- wow can't believe the lion was out!!! such lovely photos. x

I'm on board - though it'll be random postings from me, as I don't get as many hours on the laptop any more with the mini me :lmao:

I'm interested in following Elsie's adventures, as Samantha will be about this age when we go back in 2015! Eeek! :goodvibes

A fun first day! We love Denny's will be eating breakfast there a few times I should think. Shame you felt poorly, do you think it was the jet lag? Xx

Just exhausted I think and dehydrated.

Excellent first day! So excited to see an update! Elsie is getting so big, can't believe the difference even since your last trip!

I know my little girl is growing up too fast.

I'm subbing! Cant wait to read all about it xx

Hello! Your next trip is coming round so quick? is that the pink place trip? x

Loving reading so far- wow can't believe the lion was out!!! such lovely photos. x

I know I have been on that ride 20+ times and only seen him twice.

Haha I love that Elsie was having character withdrawal symptons! X

Ha you know Elsie she loves characters!

Can't wait to hear all a out your trip, Elsie looked adorable with Chip and Dale xx

Hello you, How are you? x

I'm on board - though it'll be random postings from me, as I don't get as many hours on the laptop any more with the mini me :lmao:

I'm interested in following Elsie's adventures, as Samantha will be about this age when we go back in 2015! Eeek! :goodvibes

Have you booked Samantha's first trip yet? So exciting I loved Disney before Elsie but now seeing the enjoyment it brings her makes me love Disney even more. I never thought it was possible either lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter