• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A little pirate gets ready to storm the castle! Live update!!!

Hello.... Just found your PTR!

You're so lucky you only live 2 1/2 hours away from Disney.... I couldn't imagine being that close and not going ALLLLL the time.

Your son is adorable! I also agree that taking babies to WDW isn't bad at all. I took my DD to Disney when she was 6 months, 18months, and 2 years and it was a fun experience each time. I'm the most excited about our upcoming trip in March though because like you said about your son..... She's fianlly going to "get it"!! She recognizes most characters and she just recently became obsessed with the princesses and Tinkerbell... It's going to be sooooo much fun. But we'll also have a 3 month old baby to take, so it's going to be a REAL adventure.

I laughed when you mentioned your sons weight at 10months old.... That's NOTHING my friend.... My girlfriends baby is 5 months old and already weighs what your son did at 10months old.... He's a cute Chunky Monkey!

Look forward to more......have fun on your trip.

Hi there! I just found your PTR and count me in as a reader! I love your pics from when Gabriel was 10 months old! We are taking our own baby pirate (name TBD) when he is 5, 7, and 11 months old next year, and your pictures are making me even more excited for our trip! We used to live in Jacksonville (just moved away in May), and used to take many smaller trips also. Now that we are living in Virginia, we won't be able to go as often, but we will be able to take longer trips.

As for your ride questions, I don't think he'd have any problem with Spaceship earth. Its a little dark, but not scary at all and definately not fast-paced. I think he would probably also do OK on Malestrom, the trolls can be a little scary for some kids, but maybe if you talk to him about it, and maybe show him what they will look like from ride videos, he will be OK. Barnstormer is the wildest of the 3, but it is geared towards kids, so if he wants to try it out, I say go for it!

I'm really sad we aren't making it down for MNSSHP and F&W this year, its the 1st time in 4 years that we've missed it. I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through you! :goodvibes

Barnstormer is a great starter coaster. If you get there early enough you may be able to catch Goofy himself riding in the front car!!!

I hate roller coasters but got on this one with my son and he wanted to go again so Daddy had to step in for the next couple go arounds.

We didn't do Spaceship Earth.

Maelstrom may be scary because I remember it being a little dark but I also remember it being a great place to cool off.

We'll be over on the Winnie the Pooh ride for about 3 hours and then he did say he would try Nemo this year because I told him they probably have a Dory plushie we could buy at the end of the ride:goodvibes

It's getting so close!!!!!

I am getting scared about the heat. If it's too bad our plan B will be all waterparks and the other parks at night;)

It will be HOT for sure, but for some reason the heat never bothers me as much as Disney - probably because I'm having so much fun. :laughing: Your Plan B sounds great though - I can't wait until DS is old enough for the water parks.

Hello.... Just found your PTR!

You're so lucky you only live 2 1/2 hours away from Disney.... I couldn't imagine being that close and not going ALLLLL the time.

Your son is adorable! I also agree that taking babies to WDW isn't bad at all. I took my DD to Disney when she was 6 months, 18months, and 2 years and it was a fun experience each time. I'm the most excited about our upcoming trip in March though because like you said about your son..... She's fianlly going to "get it"!! She recognizes most characters and she just recently became obsessed with the princesses and Tinkerbell... It's going to be sooooo much fun. But we'll also have a 3 month old baby to take, so it's going to be a REAL adventure.

I laughed when you mentioned your sons weight at 10months old.... That's NOTHING my friend.... My girlfriends baby is 5 months old and already weighs what your son did at 10months old.... He's a cute Chunky Monkey!

Look forward to more......have fun on your trip.

Welcome!!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :cheer2:

Living so close to WDW is amazing!!! When DS is a little older I'm sure we'll have annual passes and DS and I can go up for weekend trips all the time - I can't wait. :lovestruc

Your DD is going to be so excited on your next trip!!! This is just the perfect age for WDW I think. I taped a WDW special on the travel channel the other day and DS was jumping up and down screaming Disney World, Disney World - DH and I were cracking up. :rotfl: Do you have a PTR for your March trip?

Oh I empthasize with your friend. I thought DS would be a giant baby forever, but once he started crawling and walking he thinned way out - he actually weighed 29 pounds for over a year. He finally gained 2 pounds and is now 31. :laughing:

Hi there! I just found your PTR and count me in as a reader! I love your pics from when Gabriel was 10 months old! We are taking our own baby pirate (name TBD) when he is 5, 7, and 11 months old next year, and your pictures are making me even more excited for our trip! We used to live in Jacksonville (just moved away in May), and used to take many smaller trips also. Now that we are living in Virginia, we won't be able to go as often, but we will be able to take longer trips.

As for your ride questions, I don't think he'd have any problem with Spaceship earth. Its a little dark, but not scary at all and definately not fast-paced. I think he would probably also do OK on Malestrom, the trolls can be a little scary for some kids, but maybe if you talk to him about it, and maybe show him what they will look like from ride videos, he will be OK. Barnstormer is the wildest of the 3, but it is geared towards kids, so if he wants to try it out, I say go for it!

I'm really sad we aren't making it down for MNSSHP and F&W this year, its the 1st time in 4 years that we've missed it. I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through you! :goodvibes

Welcome!!! I'm so glad you found my PTR! :flower3:

We missed MNSSHP last year and I was so sad - DS was just at an age where a trip to WDW would have been way too stressful.

Showing DS a video of Maelstrom is such a great idea!! Thank you so much for suggesting it. I will do that this weekend and see how he responds. :goodvibes

Congrats on your upcoming baby pirate! Some people probably think I'm crazy, but I LOVED being pregnant - planning for my little guy was just so much fun. I loved buying all the little clothes, decorating his nursery, and picking out all the baby gear. :lovestruc I spent HOURS researching everything - strollers, monitors, you name it....:rotfl:

Bringing a baby to Disney really is so fun! I will look forward to all your upcoming TRs next year. :goodvibes

My DD is the same way.... We were watching Jon and Kate plus 8 this morning ((btw I HATE that show)) But they were going to Disney World, so I decided to go ahead and watch it. Reya ((dd)) couldn't shut up... ""Mommy Dizzy World, Dizzy World""...... ""I wanna ride that"".... ""Look it's Snow Wipe""... ""I wanna go, I wanna go"" :lmao: I loved seeing how excited she was, so this is going to be the best trip yet. She knows that we can't go until after the baby gets here, so everytime someone asks her about it, she says ""We gotta wait for the baby to come out"" :rotfl2:

Yeah, I have a PTR.... The link is at the bottom of my siggie! :thumbsup2

My DD is the same way.... We were watching Jon and Kate plus 8 this morning ((btw I HATE that show)) But they were going to Disney World, so I decided to go ahead and watch it. Reya ((dd)) couldn't shut up... ""Mommy Dizzy World, Dizzy World""...... ""I wanna ride that"".... ""Look it's Snow Wipe""... ""I wanna go, I wanna go"" :lmao: I loved seeing how excited she was, so this is going to be the best trip yet. She knows that we can't go until after the baby gets here, so everytime someone asks her about it, she says ""We gotta wait for the baby to come out"" :rotfl2:

Yeah, I have a PTR.... The link is at the bottom of my siggie! :thumbsup2

Oh, my DS loves the J & K kids - I'll have to tape the Disney episode for him. I'm going to go check out your PTR now. :thumbsup2

I got more Mickey Mail today in the form of the new stroller bag I got for our trip. I had it embroidered with our last name so I can leave it on our stroller and no one will take it. :laughing: It fits perfectly on the back of our new Maclaren stroller and doesn't cause it to tip. I am going to use it to store a change of clothes, snacks and pull-ups (we are potty training).

IMG_2901.jpg

OK, so I am officially HORRIBLE at dieting, but I am still 35 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight and I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit. :sad2:

I really, really want to lose weight for the trip so I am starting a diet with my mom tomorrow and I am planning on doing it for 3 weeks. Wish me luck! I would love to lose at least 10 pounds. :goodvibes

wow I almost thought I was reading my own comment. I too am still 35 lbs over my pre-pregnancies wt. Thats after loosing 20 lbs already.:eek: I have hit suck a road block with dieting this summer. I too and starting to do strick weight watchers tomorrow. Then on labor day I am starting this two week turn around program I got from prevention magazine. I did it a month ago and lost 6lbs in a week. I know thats not healthy but I felt great and was looking good. Of course as always it didnt last and a gained back 3 of the 6 lbs.:confused3 I dont know what to say about that. Anyway keep me posted on your diet. Good luck and just think in a few weeks you can feel better splurging on all the good disney food. That can be your reward. Oh thats right weight watchers says you shouldnt reward yourself with food. I guess thats why I am this predicament.:rotfl2:

Love the new diaper bag!! I'm not looking forward to carrying one again. :( I promised my husband this time I would get one that he could carry too, so it can't be too girlie. :confused3

Good luck on loosing the weight! :thumbsup2 I plan on dieting soon after the baby is born so I'm not extremely uncomfortable on the trip. I'm only going to be able to breastfeed for a couple of weeks because I NEED to get back on some anti-seizure medication once he arrives. So I figure dieting will start January 1st. :sick:

wow I almost thought I was reading my own comment. I too am still 35 lbs over my pre-pregnancies wt. Thats after loosing 20 lbs already.:eek: I have hit suck a road block with dieting this summer. I too and starting to do strick weight watchers tomorrow. Then on labor day I am starting this two week turn around program I got from prevention magazine. I did it a month ago and lost 6lbs in a week. I know thats not healthy but I felt great and was looking good. Of course as always it didnt last and a gained back 3 of the 6 lbs.:confused3 I dont know what to say about that. Anyway keep me posted on your diet. Good luck and just think in a few weeks you can feel better splurging on all the good disney food. That can be your reward. Oh thats right weight watchers says you shouldnt reward yourself with food. I guess thats why I am this predicament.:rotfl2:

The diet I am starting is called The Trim Club. My mom dis it in the spring and lost 20 pounds in a few months and she didn't have much to lose. I am excited to give it a try. I did Weight Watchers earlier this summer and I did lose 5 pounds, but that diet gives me too much freedom. :laughing: I really just need to permanently change the way I eat and the way I look at work, but that's easier said than done. :rolleyes:

Love the new diaper bag!! I'm not looking forward to carrying one again. :( I promised my husband this time I would get one that he could carry too, so it can't be too girlie. :confused3

Good luck on loosing the weight! :thumbsup2 I plan on dieting soon after the baby is born so I'm not extremely uncomfortable on the trip. I'm only going to be able to breastfeed for a couple of weeks because I NEED to get back on some anti-seizure medication once he arrives. So I figure dieting will start January 1st. :sick:

One of the best parts of being pregnant is not dieting so I say enjoy your pregnancy girl! :goodvibes

DS and I are watching the Vacation Planning DVD yet again tonight....:rotfl:

The diet I am starting is called The Trim Club. My mom dis it in the spring and lost 20 pounds in a few months and she didn't have much to lose. I am excited to give it a try. I did Weight Watchers earlier this summer and I did lose 5 pounds, but that diet gives me too much freedom. :laughing: I really just need to permanently change the way I eat and the way I look at work, but that's easier said than done. :rolleyes:

One of the best parts of being pregnant is not dieting so I say enjoy your pregnancy girl! :goodvibes

DS and I are watching the Vacation Planning DVD yet again tonight....:rotfl:
Ohhhhhh I am!! :thumbsup2 I hate, hate, hate getting on that scale at the OB's office every month though. :lmao: Although I'm proud I only gained one pound at my last appointment! :woohoo:

Glad you got your hats! It is super cute.

I am still undecided on costumes for my littlest ones. I am thinking we will all just wear Halloween shirts, and DD will be tinkerbell.

Love the new bag! I am looking for something new. I want to order a Pottery Barn backpack and put Amelia's name on it but Dave isn't into carrying around a girly print backpack :lmao:

I hear ya about the extra "baby weight". I am about 5 pounds heavier than when I got pregnant......but I had gained about 10 before I got pregnant because I was sick of working out and dieting for our wedding! My goal is pretty small.....just 10 pounds before our trip in December. I did south beach and it worked before but going without carbs makes me crazy! Good luck!

What a cute bag! Love the embroidery! What a great idea!

Good luck with the dieting!!! I think I'll be waiting until after my WDW trip to start the diet!

I LOVE the diaper bag- did you getting from Disneyshopping.com? I think I might see another baby purchase in my future! I mean, I NEED a special Disney-themed diaper bag for Disney trips, right :rotfl2:

Reyasmommy- I hear you about getting on the scale at the OB appointments! I have one tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it! I've already gained 20 lbs, and I have 12 weeks left! :guilty: It is not going to be fun when I'm working to loose it all afterward!

Ohhhhhh I am!! :thumbsup2 I hate, hate, hate getting on that scale at the OB's office every month though. :lmao: Although I'm proud I only gained one pound at my last appointment! :woohoo:

I know!! Getting weighed at the Dr is the worst! For some reason I gained like 20 pounds in my first tri-mester with DS and then hardly any at all until the end. :sad2:

Glad you got your hats! It is super cute.

I am still undecided on costumes for my littlest ones. I am thinking we will all just wear Halloween shirts, and DD will be tinkerbell.

Tinkerbell is such a cute idea! My niece, who is now 16, was Tinkerbell when she was about 3 - she was too cute.

Love the new bag! I am looking for something new. I want to order a Pottery Barn backpack and put Amelia's name on it but Dave isn't into carrying around a girly print backpack :lmao:

I hear ya about the extra "baby weight". I am about 5 pounds heavier than when I got pregnant......but I had gained about 10 before I got pregnant because I was sick of working out and dieting for our wedding! My goal is pretty small.....just 10 pounds before our trip in December. I did south beach and it worked before but going without carbs makes me crazy! Good luck!

I swear carbs are "happy" foods. :laughing: When I go without them I get so cranky!!!

What a cute bag! Love the embroidery! What a great idea!

Good luck with the dieting!!! I think I'll be waiting until after my WDW trip to start the diet!

Thanks!!! :goodvibes

I LOVE the diaper bag- did you getting from Disneyshopping.com? I think I might see another baby purchase in my future! I mean, I NEED a special Disney-themed diaper bag for Disney trips, right :rotfl2:

Reyasmommy- I hear you about getting on the scale at the OB appointments! I have one tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it! I've already gained 20 lbs, and I have 12 weeks left! :guilty: It is not going to be fun when I'm working to loose it all afterward!

Yes, I got it at Disney Shopping. It was relatively inexpensive too - only about $25 total with the embroidery. :thumbsup2

Ok, so I am in a total conundrum with what to wear to MNSSHP. I ordered that Paul Frank pirate t-shirt, but the XL was sold out and I ordered the Large - eek! It is WAY too small. :sad2: So then I ordered a sleeveless black t-shirt from Land's End in a large and it is way too big! :rolleyes: The difference between the two larges is crazy actually. :laughing:

So now I have nothing "piratey" to wear. I may just have to wear a non-pirate look. If anyone sees something cute please post it here. :goodvibes

I work at a college and classes started here on Monday and it is crazy busy! We hit record numbers for our enrollment. At least the time should fly until our trip - less than 3 weeks now. :banana:

Hi! I hope you don't mind me joining along.....I'll be there the same time you will be....hope you have a great time!!! Your son is adorable!!! Love all the things you've bought...you're on countdown now!!!!:cool1:

Hi! I hope you don't mind me joining along.....I'll be there the same time you will be....hope you have a great time!!! Your son is adorable!!! Love all the things you've bought...you're on countdown now!!!!:cool1:

Welcome!!! :cheer2: I'm so happy you decided to stop by. That's exciting that you're going to be there at the same time. Can you believe how close we're getting? :dance3:

We took a 2nd Disney trip as a family in March 2008 so I will try a post some pictures from that trip in the next few days. That trip was somewhat unplanned. To have DS we went through infertility treatments and very close monitoring of my pregnancy. Right around DS's first birthday we learned that I was pregnant again. This pregnancy was a total surprise but we were very happy. Long story short I lost the baby at around 13 weeks pregnant. I was devastated and I couldn't seem to snap out of it. My DH is so wonderful - he approached me one day and said he just wanted me to be happy and he knew a trip to Disney would make me happy. He was right - it was so wonderful and planning in and then going actually did cheer me up and helped me heal from the loss. We only went for 3 days and 2 nights, but it was still a wonderful trip.

That is just an example of how wonderful my DH is. I am so blessed to have him in my life. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter