A little pirate gets ready to storm the castle! Live update!!!

CUTE!

Clearly, I need to step away from the computer too! I think I'm done well except for the headphones and checking out our local Marshall's for Board Shorts or Water Shorts or just any shorts that I think may be good for melting weather:rolleyes:

PTR Reject!! Thats funny:lmao:
I have never been to the Etsy site but seeing all your cute things I think I am going there next.. (My DH will thank you. LOL)
Post a pic. of the necklace when you are finished!

I think the tank will look good with the pirate pants, all black, Hmmmm??? I don't know that would look good too. (Sorry no help here)

I love all the pics you posted!!! Your son is adorable!!! I can't wait to see more! Especially of all the super cute stuff you're buying!

I love Etsy!!! I buy all of my jewelry on there!

PTR Reject!! Thats funny:lmao:
I have never been to the Etsy site but seeing all your cute things I think I am going there next.. (My DH will thank you. LOL)
Post a pic. of the necklace when you are finished!

I think the tank will look good with the pirate pants, all black, Hmmmm??? I don't know that would look good too. (Sorry no help here)

Hi! Thanks for posting! :flower3: Etsy is dangerous! There are so many cute, unique things there and the prices are usually pretty good so I end up buying more than I should. :laughing:

I will definitely post a pic of the necklace when I'm done - I can't wait to get it in the mail so I can decide what to do with it. :)

I love all the pics you posted!!! Your son is adorable!!! I can't wait to see more! Especially of all the super cute stuff you're buying!

I love Etsy!!! I buy all of my jewelry on there!

Welcome!!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :cool1: Etsy is the BEST! I just started shopping there recently and now I can't get enough. :laughing:

Thanks for the compliment about my DS. He is such a sweet little guy too - DH and I are so blessed. :lovestruc

Last night I tried Gabe's pirate tank top and pants on him and he flipped! He loved it! He ran around saying "I pirate - arg!" for the rest of the night and then when DH and I were putting him to bed DH asked him, "are you a pirate?" which he answered with an emphatic "Arg!" - it was hilarious!!! :rotfl:

CUTE!

Clearly, I need to step away from the computer too! I think I'm done well except for the headphones and checking out our local Marshall's for Board Shorts or Water Shorts or just any shorts that I think may be good for melting weather:rolleyes:

Land's End has all their bathingsuits and board shorts on sale now too so you may want to check out their website. If you get on their email list they send coupons for free shipping almost every day too. :goodvibes

I read a great tip in another PTR about bringing along a pop-up hamper to put dirty clothes in. Since we drive to WDW I thought this was an excellent idea. That way we don't have to pack our dirty clothes back in our suitcases and we can just stick the hamper in the back of our minivan for the drive home.

I got am email from Disney shopping this AM about the PJ Pals being $5.00 so I was on the site and started clicking around and found this hamper:

93077.jpg

It was only $8.00 and it will be perfect for our trip and then DS can have it in his room afterwards. :cool1:

Happy update - Gabe's pirate hat came in the mail today after all. I was totally surprised and the seller also included an additional hat that is adult sized too for free so I may end up wearing it for MNSSHP too.

I asked DH if he would wear a "piratey" t-shirt for MNSSHP so we would have a family theme, but he refused - such a party pooper. :laughing:

joining in. Loving your PTR. we arrive at disney 9/20 just missing your stay. I love the pirate theme. We have gone through so many ideas for costumes and still are undecided. My DS4 want to be either buzz lightyear or captain hook both of which I am trying to tell him might be too hot to wear but he doesnt seem to want to hear that. Can you give me an idea of what kind of weather to expect at night. I figured you could help since you are close to WDW.

joining in. Loving your PTR. we arrive at disney 9/20 just missing your stay. I love the pirate theme. We have gone through so many ideas for costumes and still are undecided. My DS4 want to be either buzz lightyear or captain hook both of which I am trying to tell him might be too hot to wear but he doesnt seem to want to hear that. Can you give me an idea of what kind of weather to expect at night. I figured you could help since you are close to WDW.

Welcome! Thanks for joining in! :flower3: The weather should be pretty warm - even at night it will still be in the low 80's. The coolest it might be would probably be in the upper 70's. If it rains it may be a bit cooler than that, but not much. I hope that helps! :goodvibes

Last Halloween DS was French Fries - it was a great costume, but a bit hot and probably not that comfortable. He didn't wear it for long stretches so it worked out though.

9f37ba62.jpg

OK, it's time for "bag talk" :laughing:

The discussion of what bags I may bring on our trip really starts with a story. After the birth of DS I was on the lookout for a fun, colorful, unique diaper bag. It seemed like everyone I knew had the same 2 brands of diaper bags and I really wanted something different. I was perusing a diaper bag thread on a parenting forum and people kept mentioning "Tokidoki" bags a lot, but no one ever posted a picture. Curiousity got the best of me and I googled Tokidoki - that was it - love at first sight. :lovestruc Tokidoki was created by an artist named Simone Legno and his bright, colorful patterns are just so me! Honestly, it probably would have been better if I never discovered Tokidoki because it started an immense collection that has cut way into my WDW trip budget. :rotfl:

Now, over 2 years later I have almost 30 pieces of Tokidoki - both bags and accessories. :rolleyes1 Four of my bags are "cross body" style so those are the ones I am considering for the trip.

These two bags are both the same style. They are a good size and will hold quite a bit without looking too bulky:

IMG_2288.jpg

LAmoreCorriere002.jpg

This bag lays flat so it's fine with a wallet and a few other small things in it but if I pack it too much it can look bulky:

bd819a36.jpg

This one holds quite a bit so it may be nice for the trip too:

IMG_2366.jpg

Before I found Tokidoki I was really into Vera Bradley bags and I still like them a lot and recently bought the mailbag in cupcakes green so that may go on the trip too.

10609021.png

The pop up hamper I ordered from Disney arrived today and DS immediately had to play with it. He amused himself with the hamper for over 30 minutes before he had to go to bed. :laughing:

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

Our MNSSHP tickets arrived this weekend and our trip is only a month from this Saturday!!! I am getting so excited!! :cool1:

Sorry for so few updates this week. We moved from one building to another at work this week so I was super busy and exhausted. I hardly had any time at all for the Dis - it was a sad week. :rotfl:

Our trip is less than a month away now!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it! :dance3:

Today I bought DS a little suitcase - it is a penguin. He loves it!

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

I'm hoping to have time to post the rest of the pics from our 2007 trip in the next few days.

Thanks to my readers!!! :goodvibes

OK, I left off with the pictures of our 3rd day of our last trip which we spent at Epcot. Here are a few more pictures from that night:

disney1007089.jpg

DH and DS:

disney1007091.jpg

More cruising around the room :laughing::

disney1007092.jpg

On the last day of our trip we went to Animal Kingdom:

disney1007096.jpg

Somebody was tired out:

disney1007101.jpg

My dad and my niece:

disney1007105.jpg

My mom and dad:

disney1007106.jpg

Last few pictures coming soon....:goodvibes

I love the suitcase! Isnt it amazing how much children grow in one year. Cant wait to see more pics.

I know! I can't believe DS is almost 3 - he is such a big boy now and talking up a storm! They grow up way too fast.

The final pictures from our 10/07 trip coming soon! :cool1:

Here are the last few pictures from the trip:

disney1007111.jpg

disney1007115.jpg

I love the meercats! They are my favorite. :lovestruc

disney1007117.jpg

disney1007119.jpg

A few final pictures...

disney1007120.jpg

disney1007121.jpg

I can't believe how few pictures I took on that trip. It makes me really sad to think about it now. Things will be very different on this trip though - I ordered three 2G memory cards for pictures so I am prepared. :laughing:

Sorry for so few updates this week. We moved from one building to another at work this week so I was super busy and exhausted. I hardly had any time at all for the Dis - it was a sad week. :rotfl:

Our trip is less than a month away now!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it! :dance3:

Today I bought DS a little suitcase - it is a penguin. He loves it!

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

I'm hoping to have time to post the rest of the pics from our 2007 trip in the next few days.

Thanks to my readers!!! :goodvibes

I love the suitcase!!!!! I saw these the other day....at Walmart I think. They had a ladybug one that I want to go back and buy Amelia!

I love the suitcase!!!!! I saw these the other day....at Walmart I think. They had a ladybug one that I want to go back and buy Amelia!

Yes, Walmart - the ladybug one would be perfect for Amelia! :goodvibes

Wow - our trip is only a little over 3 weeks away now - time is FLYING by!

We measured DS last night to see how tall he is for rides and he was 38.5 inches.

He is tall enough to ride to the Barn Stormer and Maelstrom and Spaceship Earth but I'm not sure if we should try those? He is almost 3 and rough houses with DH all the time and has been pretty fearless so far, but I don't want to take him on anything that will scare him. Any opinions on taking him on those 3 rides? Thanks in advance!!! :goodvibes

Barnstormer is a great starter coaster. If you get there early enough you may be able to catch Goofy himself riding in the front car!!!

I hate roller coasters but got on this one with my son and he wanted to go again so Daddy had to step in for the next couple go arounds.

We didn't do Spaceship Earth.

Maelstrom may be scary because I remember it being a little dark but I also remember it being a great place to cool off.

We'll be over on the Winnie the Pooh ride for about 3 hours and then he did say he would try Nemo this year because I told him they probably have a Dory plushie we could buy at the end of the ride:goodvibes

It's getting so close!!!!!

I am getting scared about the heat. If it's too bad our plan B will be all waterparks and the other parks at night;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter