A little help needed please

janine

DIS Veteran
Hi

Can anybody give me some ideas for dining etc after my wedding.

I getting married at 1pm at the Yacht Club on Feb 28th, 06, it will be an intimate wedding.

I was thinking of a light lunch afterwards, and a couple of characters, followed by a dinner cruise on the grand yacht for the fireworks, but my party has grown from 6 to 15 and may rise further, so the yacht is now out of the question as they can only accommodate 13.

I would love to incorporate the fireworks somehow, but need to feed my guests too, can anyone give me some ideas on what to do in those 8 or so hours following the wedding. I also want to keep my wedding attire on too.
I really would like something 'magical' to end the day, but not quite sure what.
Thanks
Janine

How about a wishes dessert party at the GF Marina?

I think after our VR, we are going to do the Cinderella's Gala Feast (hey, its her wedding too!) so the kids will have a good time and then maybe do the wishes party at the marina. I, too, wanted to do the dessert party on the Grand I, but I have to wait and see how many people I am going to have.

Hi
I didn't know you could do that. Does it take place at a certain time, ie for the Characters to be there? what sort of food do they serve there?
My girls would surely love a Cinderellas gala feast.
Also at the wishes party I gather this is just cake and drinks?
sounds great, thanks,
Janine

the gala feast is a buffet dinner adrs start at 4:30/5pm with cinderella, prince charming & friends who walk around the tables to take pictures & sign autographs at the grand floridian's 1900 park fare restaurant. price is $27.99 per adult, $12.99 per child ages 3-9. you can view the menu here http://allearsnet.com/menu/men_19d.htm the early seatings will be better to keep your party seated together.

as for the wishes party this isnt a set event but something you would have to arrange with disney's private dining or convention center check out janet2ks vr report & posts, its held at the summerhouse at the grand floridian on the lake with a distant view of the mk fireworks & you could keep on your wedding attire.

you could also look into a booking a private room like the attic at the boardwalk, theres a balcony where you can see illuminations in the distance or ariels at the beach club, seaside themed. lunch minimums are $25pp. both of these are easily reached from the yacht club by foot.

Ohana is good and you can catch the fireworks on the beach afterwards but they have no characters. As for atmospehere and food I think its great for that amount of people. It was one of our first choices but we couldnt get the time we wanted.

I don't know about filling 8 hours.

But another option is concourse steakhouse which is in the CR. I did my lunch there after my VR and it was great. You can wear your dress and you can see wishes from the balcony and they pipe in the music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter