A line cutting rant to get off my shoulders...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok good for you, I find it pathetic to continually let people be rude, break rules, and walk all over other people who are trying the follow the rules and do the right thing. But you go ahead and just keep taking it and taking it. Sorry I can't stand around murmuring into my armpit how I don't like that linecutter. I feel like the least I can do is let that line cutter know of my discontentment. It isn't ever about the the few minutes more I might have to wait, it's a matter of principle.

So based on the OPs story you wouldn't have said anything to the linecutter or to support the OP if you were in line behind her?? :scratchin

Honestly, it really wouldn't have been on my radar. it's not about rolling over and taking it. It's about being so involved with my family that I really don't notice it or care all that much about raising other people. If I take time to raise other people, then I'm taking time away from raising my children. It's not my job to correct the jerks at Disney. That's THEIR parents' job. If they're grown adults, then their parents failed at their job. Meanwhile, I'm busy teaching my kids to not be jerks themselves.

I am a pretty vocal person when I'm in my hometown. But our family really does take vacations to spend time with one another and to bond and connect. Maybe the reason I haven't noticed many line cutters is because our family is always occupied with the business of having fun? I don't really know. I do stand up for what I believe in on principle, but I stand up for family time on vacation as a matter of principle. :) (I'm just talking about line cutting here, not anything involving compromised safety.)

I mean, the bench offender in the OP's story was a jerk. OP had a reason to be annoyed, but I think expecting to form a posse from those around you in line is expecting a bit much. I don't like for my family to witness or be involved in conflicts while we're on vacation. It's a buzz kill. I am not interested in rallying the troops and filing a suit in Disney Line Cutting Court either. I'm just not interested in getting involved in a scene, especially if it takes time away from enjoying my family.

VP

I mean, the bench offender in the OP's story was a jerk. OP had a reason to be annoyed, but I think expecting to form a posse from those around you in line is expecting a bit much. I don't like for my family to witness or be involved in conflicts while we're on vacation. It's a buzz kill. I am not interested in rallying the troops and filing a suit in Disney Line Cutting Court either. I'm just not interested in getting involved in a scene, especially if it takes time away from enjoying my family.

VP

Yes "forming a posse or rallying the troops and filing a suit in Disney Line Cutting Court" would be a bit much, but of course I didn't ever say that. That's just you exaggerating what I said. I said it would be nice if a few other people in the general vicinty would ever also chime in so the line jumper understands it not just a you against me situation. "It takes a village" mentality. But in my experience, no one ever does that.

I don't go to WDW looking for confrontation/fights either, but I also don't let people walk all over me whether it's in my everyday life or on vacation. In the OPs situation I would have done exactly as she did and if I was the next in line I also would have told that woman where the line begins in support of the OP whose trying to stand up for what's just.

My biggest thing is when my kids complain to me about the line cutters.

I don't really want to stir trouble so I try to say something about letting those less fortunate than us to have a decent upbringing have their day in the sun before returning to their dreary lives; rather than raising a fuss with the cutters themselves.

Ok good for you, I find it pathetic to continually let people be rude, break rules, and walk all over other people who are trying the follow the rules and do the right thing. But you go ahead and just keep taking it and taking it. Sorry I can't stand around murmuring into my armpit how I don't like that linecutter. I feel like the least I can do is let that line cutter know of my discontentment. It isn't ever about the the few minutes more I might have to wait, it's a matter of principle.

So based on the OPs story you wouldn't have said anything to the linecutter or to support the OP if you were in line behind her?? :scratchin

You obviously consider it weak to not confront the individual. After spending the first decade of my adult years repeatedly becoming indignant at other people's bad behavior, I can tell you it has taken far more strength to acknowledge that other people behave badly but not let it have a negative impact on my emotions or mental state. People who behave badly will encounter the consequences and repercussions of that at home, in their professional and personal life, and if those consequences and repercussions do not get through to them, then my little rant at Disney World is not going to.

Honestly, I do not want to be first in line for characters. Sometimes, the photopass photographer is not ready.

Kind of like being in line at HM and knowing that if you stand under a certain photo even if you are last in the room you will be out toward the front of the line to get on dune buggy.

I feel like it is my little secret.

:thumbsup2

this is a sad situation, but it happens. All you can do, it smile and not let it ruin your day....rude people aren't going to change.

I am thankful that most smokers are considerate of other people. But the few who are not really make me mad. We were watching the MVMCP parade, and all of the sudden I smelled cigarette smoke. I said to my granddaughter that someone was smoking near by. She is allergic somewhat to smoke. Sometimes it really gets to her. Then I saw the man standing near us and he had it behind him. So we moved a little but then couldn't see and we had our place for 30 minutes before the parade started. He must have heard me because he put it out. Well, in about 10 minutes,he fired it up again. He moved back against the railing and it wasn't so bad after that. There were a lot of children all around. Too bad, he didn't care about anyone but himself, not even children.:(

Actually my plan is to stop focusing on the bad behavior of others and focus on my kids. If it directly affects my family something will be said and i will use that moment to teach my children to stand up for themselves in a polite but strong manner

Ditto & Ditto & Ditto.

Unfortunately, Disney World has provided many teaching experiences for my niece (12) and DD8. Not only do we encounter ugly temper tantrums, many of them come from the parents & not the kids.

I'll never forget my niece's first visit when she witnessed a seemingly very spoiled little girl in full princess garb absolutely melting down & just verbally berating her mother, loudly, because she had refused to buy her something. My niece was about 4 & sorta just stood there gawking at this kid like she was one of the exhibits :confused3 and then the mom GAVE IN to shut the kid up & my niece's face changed to :eek: She said, "That was the ugliest thing I have ever seen!" She said she was so happy to be there she couldn't imagine anything worth melting down over, lol.

It's always the MK fireworks/parades that do me in though - I hate that pushy-shovy crap & people who block views & then feign ignorance that such a thing is even possible or that you're the rude one for pointing it out. Really I could give a crapola about any of it so long as DD gets a decent view.

It is time to close thread and move on,we've had a good discussion on subject.It is becoming personal and a debate though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter