A line cutting rant to get off my shoulders...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is sad. But, things like this are bound to happen when you walk around all day getting called "Princess". Must have gone right to that lady's head.

Jules~Marie said:
I agree that the World was full of extremely rude people this past week!!! We stayed at Pop on Wed and Thurs and encountered just rude families everywhere. I always make sure to say please and thank you when appropriate, I don't know how many doors I held open for people and I got only 2 thank you's

Whenever I hold a door for someone and they dont say thank you, I say a pretty loud "Oh,you're welcome" in the most sickly sweet voice I can muster up. They always have the most confused look on their face and usually give a meek thank you then. Some people really suck.

Whenever I hold a door for someone and they dont say thank you, I say a pretty loud "Oh,you're welcome" in the most sickly sweet voice I can muster up. They always have the most confused look on their face and usually give a meek thank you then. Some people really suck.

Yes, I do that too. For some reason, that's a pet peeve of mine. I just don't understand why someone can't just even murmur a thank you??!!

I'm with you, but I might have added that we had been waiting since before we left our room that morning or since before we left our house for vacation since apparently all that matters is that you are thinking of getting in line to hold your place.

By the way -- I am getting in line for all the rides for our next trip right now, so I am sure you all will forgive me if I walk straight to the front of each line when we get there.

I had to giggle at this remark:) really too funny.
Good thing majority of people don't think the same way the rude woman did!
That woman was very rude, and it's sad that her kids are learning that this kind if behavior from their mother.
She must have done issues to be that rude and obnoxious while at the happiest, most magical place there is!!

Jules~Marie said:
Yes, I do that too. For some reason, that's a pet peeve of mine. I just don't understand why someone can't just even murmur a thank you??!!

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one. We'll teach them manners!!

We had a family try and cut in front of a whole group of people that had been siiting on the ground and standing around waiting for Illuminations one night. Everybody was behaving wonderfully and then the announcement came...and now GE proudly presents (i know GE dates me)... and then this family tries to get right in front of a row of kids. One dad beat me to the punch as he stood up, raised his voice and said...Ladies and Gentlemen...Please welcome the Butt family from somewhere that doesn't have any common sense then something about trying to get right in front of kids that have been waiting 45 minutes and that every one should take out their cameras, take a picture of them and let em know how you feel with a big long Booooo. I couldn't Boo because I was laughing so hard. The butters moved away as quick as they could. Would have bought the dad a beer later if it wasn't so crowded and late.

:rotfl2::thumbsup2 I wish you'd have gotten his contact details. Many of us on here would pay him to accompany us to our viewing spots!

oohhh I see a trending hashtag on twitter with pics. it could go viral and be picked up by news. hehe

hahaha I totally already do this!

I take pictures of cars that pass me in double yellow line roads, and post it on Instagram!

We were at WDW about a month ago. We panned our strategy for the fireworks. We hung in Tomorrow Land as we wanted to e on the left side of the Castle to see Tinkerbell fly down from the Castle. Mind you I walked the entire day on a recently sprained ankle that I only recently removed from the walking boot.

We found a seat fro me where I old see the fireworks, Tinkerbell and enjoy the show. We were right on the bridge by the Castle and some Jackhole climbed the statue, brought his girlfriend up and WHAM blocked our view along with about 10 others.

My husband wouldn't let me on front them so I missed out because of their ignorance.....

Stuff like this really boils my blood. I don't understand why people can't just be polite and friendly. You're at the happiest place on earth, and you can't be courteous to those around you?! It takes way more effort to be a jerk than to just do what you're supposed to do. I would have turned a situation like OP's in to a learning experience for my own child about manners/being polite. [admittedly, just loud enough for Rudie McRuderton to hear...]

but just to at fuel to this flame [not that it needs it...]

We were at Epcot for F&W Saturday, and two of the country's lines backed up to each other in the middle of the walkway. I just wanted to get through, said "excuse me" multiple times, and my entire group STILL had to push past this guy who REFUSED to move from the exact spot he was standing. Wouldn't even budge. It was painfully obvious we were just trying to get through, so I don't know what his problem was.

At Halloween Horror Nights last Thursday, this happened MULTIPLE times - My DBF and I were the last two of our group of 8 in line for some of the houses, TALKING TO OUR FRIENDS IN FRONT OF US, when people just decided to push past the two of us. ONLY THE TWO OF US. Like, there's no reason for these people to do that. I mean, WHY? We're obviously with the other half dozen people we were talking to. I usually resorted to just saying, "oh, no, that's fine. it's not like we wanted to go through the houses with our friends that we've been waiting in line with or anything. that's okay. we weren't in the middle of a conversation..." until they give me dirty looks and get back behind us...

that being said, I always say "thank you" and will hold a door open for 6000 people, and help out anyone that possibly looks like they need it, always. this newfangled group of twenty-somethings CAN have manners, you know. ;)

This happened to us at the opening of Magic Kingdom. We were waiting outside for the opening show just like everyone else, and right when the train pulled up, a lady came from out of nowhere and jumped up on the wall surrounding a tree and blocked not only my kids view, but also the family behind us. I walked up to her asked her nicely if she could get down, as the kids could not see anymore.

She said "tell them to move then". I came back to my family with a look of disbelief on my face, and the mom behind us asked what she said to me. She then marched right up to the woman and told her to get down, with our two husbands yelling really loud "down in front!!". Slowly she got herself down while her two kids turned around and laughed at us all.

:sad2:

We did not let it out a damper on our day, and we were thankful that another family helped out.

Don't get me started on the rudeness of the staff at Universal Studios. In 2010 it was so bad that I wound up getting 40 fast passes for free. Universal makes you pay for those suckers.

Oh and while at WDW for my honeymoon in March, NOT one cast member acknowledged us in our wedding ears. After a long day we left. I had a blast but was a little let down that nobody even said congratulations.

At Epcot it was all different. We went to the show in America. The mi ute we walked in the door we were brought to a room. The dialed the phone it was Mickey and Minnie (are cording) wishing us well. In the show the same man di glee us out to the packed room and we got a standing "O".

When we went to the Character Spot, Minnie Mouse was about to leave. My husband said something to the photographer, Minnie promptly came back. I now have a soft spot in my heart for Epcot.

smallworldnh said:
You've got that right! We were on Spaceship Earth and there was a little girl sitting with her mother about 3 cars behind us and the little girl was shining a flashlight on all the exhibits while her mother pointed things out for her to shine it on. This was through the entire ride and she kept it up even though people were starting to get loud yelling at her to shut it off. I mentioned it to the CM as I got off and all I got was a shrug.

WOW! I think my husband would have lost it! We just got back yesterday from 10 days. We didn't experience any egregious line cutting, but we did have a flash photographer on Pirates in the backmost row of the boat ahead of us. Because our boat was glued to their boat, this woman's constant flashing ruined the ride. When they unloaded us I ended up right behind her and her husband/partner. I felt compelled to say something. I noticed they had first visit buttons on. As nicely as I could I said "Hi, I don't know if you are aware, but when you take flash photos on dark rides it ruins the ride for everyone on the ride with you, like us, on the boat behind you". She looked really surprised, but not angry, and kind of stuttered I'm sorry. Her husband said to me "just keep walking", which I did, because I had said my piece. If I had to do it again I would have said to him don't insult her intelligence! She got what I said and apologized! I wasn't talking to him anyway. Dh had gone ahead to take photos outside so he wasn't there. When I told him what the guy said to me he was pissed lol. We just went on our way.

Don't get me started on the rudeness of the staff at Universal Studios. In 2010 it was so bad that I wound up getting 40 fast passes for free. Universal makes you pay for those suckers.

Oh and while at WDW for my honeymoon in March, NOT one cast member acknowledged us in our wedding ears. After a long day we left. I had a blast but was a little let down that nobody even said congratulations.

At Epcot it was all different. We went to the show in America. The mi ute we walked in the door we were brought to a room. The dialed the phone it was Mickey and Minnie (are cording) wishing us well. In the show the same man di glee us out to the packed room and we got a standing "O".

When we went to the Character Spot, Minnie Mouse was about to leave. My husband said something to the photographer, Minnie promptly came back. I now have a soft spot in my heart for Epcot.

:confused3

So sorry this happened to you. I hate line cutters, mainly because I hate being taken advantage of. I had a similar situation happen to me, though it wasn't at Disney.

A group of friends and I were attending the midnight release of the last Harry Potter movie. We are veterans of such showings, so we knew to get to the theater very early. We spoke with a manager to ask where to line up. She indicated that there wasn't a line yet, but told us to stand near the ticket taker's podium, but not to block the entrance. We did this. Over the next half hour, more people showed up and one large group took up position right in front of the podium as if they were first. We told them we were here first and the line was back there. They ignored us. So we and those behind us moved up and pretty much blocked them from the podium. They then accused us of cutting. Luckily, the manager was coming up to give the go ahead to go in and told them that we were there first and that they could go to the back of the line. They whined and moaned that it wasn't fair. Funny thing is that we saw them in the theater and the seats they got were fine. And I know we would have been fine as far as our seats. I just didn't want them getting the better of us.

Anyway, I'm glad that you didn't let such a thing ruin your day or trip. People like that don't deserve to have that kind of power. Moreover, those like that woman get what they give. Karma is a powerful thing.

This happened to us at the opening of Magic Kingdom. We were waiting outside for the opening show just like everyone else, and right when the train pulled up, a lady came from out of nowhere and jumped up on the wall surrounding a tree and blocked not only my kids view, but also the family behind us. I walked up to her asked her nicely if she could get down, as the kids could not see anymore.

She said "tell them to move then". I came back to my family with a look of disbelief on my face, and the mom behind us asked what she said to me. She then marched right up to the woman and told her to get down, with our two husbands yelling really loud "down in front!!". Slowly she got herself down while her two kids turned around and laughed at us all.

:sad2:

We did not let it out a damper on our day, and we were thankful that another family helped out.

That's exactly what I wish someone else in line with us had done.

On a side note, we had another rude experience (#3) while waiting on the Villains Mix N Mingle last Friday night-our first night there. We had snagged some spots where we could stand to watch the show and the parade and we were in them very early. We never get close spots, so this was our chance and we snagged it. They had not put the rope up yet, but we were right on the curb so you know no one can actually stand in front of you once the rope is up. Anyway, RIGHT when the show starts a lady comes running up and stands directly in front of us, and we are not talking about a little lady. She stood there with her legs spread out and her camera in the air. Neither of my kids, ages 4 and 6, could see the show so my husband and I lifted them up to see. While I was holding my son (not an easy task at 6 yrs old) she started swaying back and forth---then we really couldn't see! I finally leaned up and asked her politely if she minded moving over a little so my son could see. She gave me a really dirty look, but she did move a little. As soon as the show finished, she tried to move backward to stand in front of us as the rope was put up. I guess I was being rude, but we stood in place and didn't budge. She kept backing into us and our stroller while a lady next to us complained about her. I told the other lady not to worry and sure enough the lady had to go find another place because she couldn't stand where the rope went. We were able to enjoy the Boo parade without anyone in front of us. :flower3:

We had 3 rude guest experiences on our trip, and this isn't counting your usual line cutters on the big rope rides and monorail lines. Those are considered "normal" in my book.

That is really over the top. There wasn't a cm around? In the summer my daughter wanted to meet Ariel. The line was closed but she was returning in a little over an hour. My daughter wanted to wait and be the first. A cm waits in the area. I asked if we could sit while we waited. Cm said sure and even allowed my daughter to spread out her blanket and set up her iPad. When people started arriving to get on the line we got on line.
No one said anything when the character showed up, there should have been a cm by that point.

With finding nemo I do know we were taken in a side entrance. My daughter caught the attention of a cm when we were waiting on line and she offered us VIP tickets. She took us in a side entrance. So it could be the guests had a reason to be using that entrance or they could have been cutting.

jennyjinx3 said:

What confuses you? At the Magic Kingdom, while wearing our bride and groom ears, not one cast member acknowledged us the entire day. Nobody congratulated us....nothing.

Epcot was wonderful.

I also replied to somebody who said Universal was bad. The staff was out right horrible to me. So much so that I complained and got 40 fast passes, that they make you pay for those there.

Good for you- don't let it ruin your trip. I would have been frustrated, but then again realizing I am teaching my kids important values. And I would have wanted to say something like that but probably would not for fear of making it worse- and not really wanting such a rude family stalking me and affecting any more of my trip.

(OK stalking is maybe a strong word- but would not put it past someone like that to continue to harass you whenever they see you...just cuz they can or they think it is funny :confused3)

And to the smoker who blew smoke into my face or if I had kids face, she would have been eating that cigarette or watching it fly across the sidewalk. SERIOUSLY!!?!?!? That's beyond rude. And I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, which would have meant me going back to the room to take my meds to keep my reaction to a minimum. Yep, if I'm going to be inconvenienced so is she.

I would have "accidentally" spilled my bottle of water on her. Oopsie, I can be sooo clumsy sometimes!:p

We have been going to WDW for 25yrs. Our son for 8 yrs. and this was thankfully the first trip he had to witness a rude line cutter. We were going on the Safari Ride at AK. We had taken the handicapped line as I was unable to do the stairs. We were moving along nicely and there really weren't a lot of people in our line. Then a woman walks past me and I tell my son to move over because I thought she was trying to get to a group in front of us. She turned and looked at me and said"I'm not with anyone." And continued to walk past everyone in line right past the cast member directing lines to load and right onto the truck that was just about to leave. It was so rude it was almost comical, probably because this woman had to be in her sixties! My son was flabbergasted. We kinda laughed off how rude she was, then saw her later barging past people in the crowd following the parade. Needless to say we made some jokes at her expense and my son learned how NOT to behave, ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter