A Grand Vacation: The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if I can order Water from Costco to be shipped to GF for our trip in a few weeks?

yes, you can.

thank you to everyone who wished me well! i appreciate it. i broke both my elbow and my wrist, and also tore a ligament in my wrist/ hand, while helping at the special olympics, of all things! :headache: of course, it is my right arm. :sad1: it actually happened about 10 days after i returned from the gf. it has been over a month and the recovery is not going well. none of it is healed and i may need surgery. to be honest, it has been really rough. dh works until 11 pm weeknights and i can not do much for myself, let alone for my kids. the doctor said i may never regain full function of my hand and arm and if i do, it will be months. :scared: sorry to be such a downer! i appreciate the get well wishes. i will be reading but will not post much, my left hand/ arm are killing me from overuse. i try to keep typing to a minimum, but since today is a weekend i could type a bit since i have been resting the left.

I can't recall if this has already been posted:

Narcoossee’s restaurant at the Grand Floridian Resort will be closed for maintenance from July 7 through July 21, 2012 and Citricos restaurant at the Grand Floridian Resort will be closed for maintenance from July 23 through August 3.

Boy this is one occasion that I can't argue with DH.:rotfl2:

:rotfl:

bethclayton - I'm so sorry to hear about your injury, what a tough time you've had.:hug: I hope the doctor is wrong, and is simply giving the worst case scenario. If it helps at all, I broke my left ankle twice (tri-malleolar and fibula the first time, bi-malleolar the second), and had surgery after the second time with plate, screws, pin. The doctor told me I would be lucky to walk normally, and would never be able to run again. I was quite young at the time (30?) and felt awful, but I was able to get back nearly the full range of motion for many years. I can run, though I rarely do now, lol.

I have arthritis in that ankle now, but I worked a job where I stood on concrete for 8+ hours, so that didn't help. Good luck, I hope you begin to see improvement soon, I'm sure that will help your mental progress as well. Big hugs to you, I hope reading along with us brightens the mood.

David 1980 - as others have already posted, many people order water and groceries, you shouldn't have any problems.:goodvibes

WDWKOOK - Thanks for the info, that will be disappointing news for anyone at the GF (and elsewhere in the World) during those weeks.

k&a&c'smom Thanks so much for all of your hard work and dedication that you have given to all of us GF junkies. You rock.:thumbsup2

k&a&c'smom, All I can say is wow. Fantastic work and thanks for using some of my shots. I am honored.

Thought I would bring back some old memories...

IMG_2255-1.jpg

That picture is awesome, especially on a very cool and cloudy day here in Connecticut. I'm wondering if summer will ever show up here. Good thing in 43 days we will be at the Grand!

That picture is awesome, especially on a very cool and cloudy day here in Connecticut. I'm wondering if summer will ever show up here. Good thing in 43 days we will be at the Grand!

I was just saying this to my DH this morning. We live in NJ and it's definitely not June weather. I think DH said it was 97 in Orlando yesterday. Now that's my kind of weather.:thumbsup2 21 more days for us until we arrive at our beloved GF.:woohoo: Ok every time I say that or type it I get teary eyed. Boy I am so emotional. I think it's because the last time we stayed at the GF was 2008. Long over due.

Great photo KCmike

We leave in two days:dance3:

This will be my last day on the boards as I am entering the frantic packing mode combined with end of school year parties, award ceremonies etc.
If there was a picture or any specific information anyone wanted let me know and I will do my best to get it while at the GF.

Will let everyone know what it is like overlooking the construction as with a queen deluxe in RPC, I feel pretty confident that we will have a birds eye view.

baler31, have a wonderful trip! We will look forward to hearing all about the GF, not just the construction but also the wonderful things that make it special :love:

coachbagfanatic, last week you were lamenting it was 4 long weeks to go, now it's just 3 short weeks. Next week at this time you will probably be starting the "I have to get this done before I go on vacation chores"! :rotfl:

kcmike, good to see you as always. Thank you for the beautiful photo!

Cold and dreary here in NJ, however I am not sure I would like to be in 97 degree weather in FL :eek:

This will be my last day on the boards as I am entering the frantic packing mode combined with end of school year parties, award ceremonies etc.
If there was a picture or any specific information anyone wanted let me know and I will do my best to get it while at the GF.

Will let everyone know what it is like overlooking the construction as with a queen deluxe in RPC, I feel pretty confident that we will have a birds eye view.

I have a queen dxl RPC room booked for August/September. I can't wait to hear your reviews of the room and construction. PLEASE take some pictures of the room/view and post when you return. I'm looking fwd to hearing your review!

Have a great trip.:wizard::cloud9:

coachbagfanatic, last week you were lamenting it was 4 long weeks to go, now it's just 3 short weeks. Next week at this time you will probably be starting the "I have to get this done before I go on vacation chores"! :rotfl:

Cold and dreary here in NJ, however I am not sure I would like to be in 97 degree weather in FL :eek:

You know, my DH keeps saying this same thing. He said this morning that it seems like we were at 70 days and now we are at 21. Yes, yes, yes, I am already in the "gotta get this done before we go mode.":rotfl:

We live in Ocean County NJ but I love the hot weather. I have poor blood circulation so it is easier for me to cool off than it is to warm up. So for me the warmer the better.

Have the best time! I hope you are back/post before I go...I would love to hear how the construction is affecting the resort. I am staying in a suite that has two rooms (bedroom/living room)...I have no idea where/what kind...it's a conference so we didn't really get any say other than it's a suite! I can't wait to see your pics! One thing I would love to see, if you get a chance, is what the highchairs look like in Gasparillas?

Does anyone know, are all 'suites' club level?

Yes! How nice you were able to get a suite with your conference rate - score!:banana:

baler31 - aww, I probably missed your send off, I know you said you'd be packing today. I don't know how I ended up missing a day of posting!:confused: Safe travels, and have a magical trip.:goodvibes

KCmike - Thanks for the nice compliment, and for the use of your photos. I have so many more to add to the first (second?) page, like shots of the buildings, but I had to take a break.

Love the shot of the courtyard pool, looks so refreshing! We haven't had cold weather, but the view of the pool and palms is beautiful.

CoachBagFanatic - Twenty days to go, you are on the countdown.:yay:

MommyGina - Only 42 more days until you are in that photo.:thumbsup2

CoachBagFanatic - Twenty days to go, you are on the countdown.:yay:

I know. Tomorrow we will be in the teens.:woohoo:

I still haven't packed yet. Only because DH didn't bring the suitcases out of storage yet.:lmao: I started getting all of the dog stuff ready for my DMom. She will be watching my babies for me while we are away. Printed another packing slip even though I have 3 already printed.:confused: We will be getting the toiletries box ready this weekend for shipment.

This overwhelming feeling of joy is just taking over me about going back to the GF. I feel like I am getting more and more hormonal the closer we get to our trip.:laughing:

Yes! How nice you were able to get a suite with your conference rate - score!:banana:

YAY! I know it was an awesome move on the part of the person booking - people who are bringing their families are getting suites, which turns out to be cheaper than 2 rooms it seems. At least with the conference rate - I think really they just aren't fully booked up in the suites area, but the single rooms would be booked up for the conference.

Okay now I need to know EVERYTHING about 'Club' perks. Will spend the day scouring for information!!

Long time lurker finally posting- We are headed down 7/28- 8/4 to Sugar Loaf- Do any of you have suggestions on room requests there? Also which days do they do the Maid Parade? Thanks!

It has been 9 years since our last trip to GF- Can someone update me on the resort activities we may expect July 28- Aug 4? I have already scheduled the kiddos on the Pirate Adventure.

CoachBagFanatic - awww, I'm glad you are finally getting the chance to visit the GF again.:hug:

I laughed about your packing slip, you would get along well with DD.:goodvibes I tend to scribble some notes to myself of items I want to be sure get packed, but she makes lists. LOL about the suitcases.

beckysko - Awesome they booked suites for the families, and at a discount. Tough to get a discount on the suites these days.:thumbsup2

Long time lurker finally posting- We are headed down 7/28- 8/4 to Sugar Loaf- Do any of you have suggestions on room requests there? Also which days do they do the Maid Parade? Thanks!

It has been 9 years since our last trip to GF- Can someone update me on the resort activities we may expect July 28- Aug 4? I have already scheduled the kiddos on the Pirate Adventure.

:welcome: Glad you have come out of lurkdom to join us.:)

We have had very nice rooms in SL on both the courtyard and marina side. I have some photos of our last view there of the marina, I'll try to get them posted in the next couple days. I had to take a break from all my photo upload work.;)

What types of activities do you want to know about? Afternoon tea, Wonderland Tea Party, Sea Raycers, etc. or the pool activities? There are various pool games from around 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 or so; at sundown, there is a movie by the pool.

The Adventures in Cooking was discontinued years ago, sorry to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter