A Girl Power Solo Disneyland Adventure! COMPLETED 5/8

"Oh look, a chicken nugget."

Today I deviated from my normal touring plan strategy and slept in.

Yep, you saw that right. Let it be known that on Saturday, November 9, 2019, I chose a couple hours of sleep over more hours in the park.

But eventually I did awaken and made my way into the parks with one thing on my mind: photos. It was going to be a warm day and I wanted to get the photos out of the way before the sweat set in.

First up was the big ole Christmas tree! I think I waited about 15 minutes for these. Photo lines would prove to be pretty long all day. It was the first Saturday with all the official Christmas stuff and there were lots of families out to get their photos!

[Another photo that I had every intention of photoshopping but...well you know the story]

Then I hopped in line for Mickey. This one was longer, closer to 30 minutes probably. There was a girl a few people in front of me with a shoulder porg and at one point Cruella came past our line, pointed at the porg and said, “Oh look, a chicken nugget.”

It was amazing.

[Gratuitous selfie because why not]

The interaction with Mickey was pretty standard. He liked my ears, which look like his sweater and we got some pretty good photos.

Chip was meeting over in the corner of Town Square and I popped in that line next. Chip was one of my favorite interactions of the whole trip. He loved my shirt and asked me which one of the mountains was my favorite. I said Big Thunder and that’s his favorite too!

Then we pretended to ride a roller coaster together. Iconic, truly iconic.

Next up in my characterpalooza was Minnie! This interaction was super short, pretty much pose-photo-pose-photo-done.

That may seem like a good amount of photos for most (and way too many for some), but was it enough for me? Absolutely not.

Come on guys you know me better than that.

On my way to the castle I paused for a Partner’s Statue detour where the PhotoPass CM had so many awesome pose ideas. The photographers were on their game today- it was awesome.

I counted 23 shots from this session. Not too shabby.

By the time I got to the castle the line was pretty long and the sun was shining right on it so I figured I would come back when the lighting was a little less horrible.

This pale skin can’t handle direct sunlight.

And now we break for some pictures that are not of me:

So what do I do when I’m not getting my picture taken? Eat. And there were some special holiday churros calling my name.
Check it out- cookies and milk churros. Yeah- they’re as good as they look.

Next up was a photo tour of Rivers of America and New Orleans Square.

[SOMEDAY]

As I finished up I saw Moana come out and there was hardly anyone in line. I haven’t met her since Aulani a couple years ago. We talked about taking care of curly hair and I told her a Hei Hei joke that Jon made up. I’d tell it here, but it really needs to be heard out loud.

Sorry bout it.

My heart was pulling me to DCA (and more food) and my feet faithfully followed. My first order of business was purchasing a Sip and Savor pass, which was a pass with 8 vouchers for food and drinks from the Festival of Holidays booths. I checked the menus and prices ahead of time and it turned out to be a good value for me.

The line was really long, maybe 20 minutes. But long food lines would prove to be the norm today so I guess it’s good that I got used to it early.

The special holiday parade was about to start so I grabbed my first FoH snack of the day - the fried turkey slider – and took it with me while I waited for the parade. I found a spot to chill and wait. I had no idea if it was a good spot or not but it was in the shade and I got to sit down so to me it was great.

But in terms of watching the ‘parade’ it was indeed a pretty bad spot. But the parade wasn’t really a parade, it was more of a small collection of people and characters dancing quickly down the street and then stopping to perform a short but fun set.

[Ah what a view]

The character assortment was a little random, it was Mickey, Minnie, some Pixar characters, and Clarabelle. But it was still a fun show.

When it was over I followed the mass exodus toward Pixar Pier.

Some good ole fashioned Christmas cheer

But of course I got distracted by PhotoPass.

After that it was time for me to park hop again but I wanted a drink first. Cozy Cone was nearest so I thought I would pop over for a quick Coke Zero but it wasn’t quite so quick, because I had to wait in line at the same cone as the specialty churro and there was only one person working (and the churro required special construction). Coke Zero in hand, I went back across to Disneyland.
At some point I watched the Dapper Dans and also took some pictures of the train. I don't remember when those things happened but here's proof that they did:

On my way I got a FP for BTMRR, which was my first ride of the day. That might be the longest time I’ve gone at a park before riding something. But BTMRR was great, as always, and I got the very back row!

After I scanned my FP for BTMRR I got another one for Indy. When I got there the standby line was posted at 65 minutes.

Suckers.

Indy was a blast and then it was time to finally get those castle photos. The line was about 15 mins long but while I was waiting I saw a proposal, which is always fun.

It was actually super cute because it was a big family group all wearing matching shirts and taking family photos but then everyone but the couple stepped out and he proposed and everyone was all excited.

My photoshoot was slightly less exciting, but the photos were good.

Although eventually I got tired of everyone asking me to hold/point to my ears.

Those DCA food booths were calling my name again so I went to enjoy more of those. I stopped at the Favorite Things booth and got one of each and took them to a spot on the ground in the shade to enjoy then. And every one of them was fantastic.

The spot I found was near one of the festival stages and a show was about to start. I had time to pop up to a nearby booth and grab the mimosa flight, which I sipped while watching the Blue 13 show. It’s a Bollywood-style dance troupe where they tell the story of Diwali. It’s super high energy and the dancers are all really talented.

I did some wandering and came across Mostly Kosher doing a set. They’re a joy to watch as well! But at some point I had picked up a FP for GotG and it was time to go that way. When I got off the ride they were doing the dance party show so I caught the rest of that. Also a really fun show so check that one out if you can.

Golden hour was in full swing and I spent some time chasing the light for some photos, especially around Pixar Pier.

After my photos I was itching for another ride. The single rider line for Incredicoaster was strangely long and RSR was at 30 mins. I wanted to ride something, but not that bad.

I heard the echoes of snare drums and came upon Toy Soldiers doin their thang (which is incredible- their thang is amazing). I’m sure by now you’ve noticed a theme with DCA entertainment- it’s the absolute best. It’s one of my favorite things about the park and I’m so glad I had a day to just take it all in.

At some point I decided that I needed dinner and I sat on the ground to figure out where to eat. After scrolling mindlessly through menus nothing sounded good. Finally I decided that what I wanted was to sit down and eat French fries. I made my way to DL and then to the Golden Horseshoe, where there were fries and chairs aplenty.

I mobile ordered a chicken tender meal and had a glorious time sitting and eating fries.

Seriously “glorious time sitting and eating fries” is in my notes.

At some point in the afternoon I got a FP for iasw holiday but I finished eating/resting with 45 mins still left. Pinnochio had a short wait so I went for a short jaunt with my favorite real boy. Turns out the wait was too short and I still had 20 minutes to kill before my FP window.

I made my way back to iasw anyway, which took me a hot minute since the evening parade was ending. I found a concrete ledge to sit on to wait it out. When it was my time I went to get in the FP line, which was crazy long. A CM came by to make sure everyone had their tickets out and made a comment to the effect of, “This line is so dang long because no one has their tickets ready.”

The wait ended up only being 15 minutes so it definitely looked worse than it was and before long I was on the ride!

I had forgotten how much I love iasw holiday, it’s so beautiful and happy and colorful and I just freaking love it.

After debarking the jolliest cruise that ever sailed I needed to get back to DCA, for like the 6th time that day. I had a date with myself at a certain dessert party.

I got to the check in area at 7:50, which was a little early but there was a small group already lined up. Our listed time was 8:15pm and they didn’t start seating until right at 8:15. They’re nothing if not punctual. They seated us party by party so I was in a nice seat in the front row. I didn’t get my own table but instead shared with a couple, and we said exactly 0 words to each other.

My feet were so happy for the break. I propped them up on the bottom rail of the fence and they got to take some time off. Standing around at a career fair all day really does nothing to help your feet, especially when you spend your off time traipsing around Disney parks.

[The amazing view]

At this dessert party servers bring everything to you so you get to sit the whole time. That does mean that it isn’t AYCTE but that’s alright. You get one drink included and I went for the mixed drink, which was mostly sugar with a hint of rum.

The sweets were all okay but I wasn’t a huge fan of the bundt cake. As much as I love sweets, the cheese and grapes really hit the spot that night. So the food was fine but the real value (for me at least) in the dessert party is getting to sit in a great spot to watch the show.

They were playing the holiday version of WOC, which is cute, but I still prefer the normal show. The holiday version is popular holiday songs with different Disney animation in the back that matched what they were singing about. I did, of course, cry at a couple of points and my notes say that the Let There Be Peace on Earth finale was incredible. The show ended and I got up to leave but a lot of people weren’t. Not sure why since the show was definitely over… oh well.

I went for one last ride (single rider Incredicoaster!) before limping back to the hotel to pack and sleep. The next day was my last before heading back home.

Last edited:
Love the photos in front of the tree! Your holiday ears are sooo cute!

So many character meets! They look so stinkin adorable in their holiday sweaters!

Beautiful photos around the park!

Lots of yummy snacks at DCA!

Sounds like it was a really great day :)

Your holiday ears are sooo cute!
Thanks! They from LeBownitte on Etsy. I love their ears so much. I think I got these during a flash sale for like 50% off.

So many character meets! They look so stinkin adorable in their holiday sweaters!

Beautiful photos around the park!

Lots of yummy snacks at DCA!

Sounds like it was a really great day :)
It was a fun day of photos and characters and snacking! Even though my feet were screaming at the end I couldn't have been happier. And it put me in the holiday spirit!

Such great pictures all around!!! I love that they kept making you hold/point to your ears....excessively. It's actually a super cute pose, but funny that it seems to be a go-to. I have never been asked to do that one at WDW, LOL!

The dessert party reminds me a bit of the Fantasmic dessert party, which if you haven't done, is similarly not all you can eat. You just get your dessert box and drink and head to your preferred seating area. BUT, when we did it in December, we were able to refill our drinks anytime before the show started, which was a nice surprise!

I have never been asked to do that one at WDW, LOL!
Same! The first time someone suggested it I was all for it. Then by the 134th time I was like okay I guess we'll do this again 😅 And I totally get that the different photographers have no way of knowing that it was my 134th point-to-the-ears pose so I'm not ragging on them at all. It's just funny to have so many of those photos now hahaha

BUT, when we did it in December, we were able to refill our drinks anytime before the show started, which was a nice surprise!
Ooo yeah that's my kind of surprise!

Yep, you saw that right. Let it be known that on Saturday, November 9, 2019, I chose a couple hours of sleep over more hours in the park.
GASP! But it is good to sleep in on vacation. I did last April the last full day!
Then we pretended to ride a roller coaster together. Iconic, truly iconic.
Especially if you're a fan of them like me!
That may seem like a good amount of photos for most (and way too many for some), but was it enough for me? Absolutely not.

That is correct. Note other TRs for this.
So what do I do when I’m not getting my picture taken? Eat. And there were some special holiday churros calling my name.
Sounds interesting.
Those DCA food booths were calling my name again so I went to enjoy more of those. I stopped at the Favorite Things booth and got one of each and took them to a spot on the ground in the shade to enjoy then. And every one of them was fantastic.
That's quite lucky for a food booth festival.
That does sound glorious after a day of running around.
I had a date with myself at a certain dessert party.
Exciting!

But it is good to sleep in on vacation
Oh I rarely sleep on vacation. I'm usually too excited!

That is correct. Note other TRs for this.
I'm nothing if not consistent.

Sounds interesting.
Oh it was fantastic. The churro was flavored like an Oreo and the dipping sauce was vanilla cream. Soooo good.

That's quite lucky for a food booth festival.
Right?? This one just hit all the right notes!

Exciting!

me party.gif

"Oh look, a chicken nugget."
These are the titles that grab your attention!
I'm sorry, what? For a second there, it almost looked like you said you slept in.
:eek:
But eventually I did awaken and made my way into the parks with one thing on my mind: photos.
Nice.
I do the same on rare occasions... not of myself (ain't no one wanna see that!), but of the park.
First up was the big ole Christmas tree!
Was there a sign, with that title? Please tell me yes.
[Another photo that I had every intention of photoshopping but...well you know the story]
I do indeed.
But none is needed here?
There was a girl a few people in front of me with a shoulder porg and at one point Cruella came past our line, pointed at the porg and said, “Oh look, a chicken nugget.”
:lmao:
[Gratuitous selfie because why not]
Nice one of you, too. :)
Chip was meeting over in the corner of Town Square and I popped in that line next.
Those shots of you and Chip are great!
Next up in my characterpalooza was Minnie! This interaction was super short, pretty much pose-photo-pose-photo-done.
Um... kinda makes it... not overly worth it to stand in line.

:laughing:
This pale skin can’t handle direct sunlight.
I'm familiar with the type.
Actually... most Canadians are that type. :rolleyes1
And now we break for some pictures that are not of me:
What?!?!?!?!?!?
So what do I do when I’m not getting my picture taken? Eat.
I approve!
And there were some special holiday churros calling my name.
My one regret from DL/DCA... I never tried the churros.
I thought they were the same as MK's (underwhelming)…. I was a fool.
[SOMEDAY]
Soooo worth it.
I told her a Hei Hei joke that Jon made up. I’d tell it here, but it really needs to be heard out loud.
Well... poop! Make a video of you saying it and post!
My heart was pulling me to DCA (and more food) and my feet faithfully followed.
Good thing. I'd hate to see the result if they didn't.
I had no idea if it was a good spot or not but it was in the shade and I got to sit down so to me it was great.
Sounds perfect to me. Seated and in shade? Heck yeah!
But in terms of watching the ‘parade’ it was indeed a pretty bad spot. But the parade wasn’t really a parade, it was more of a small collection of people and characters dancing quickly down the street and then stopping to perform a short but fun set.
Um... okay? sounds like that horrible move it shake it whatever they call it now thing at MK. Blech.
[Ah what a view]
Butt you can see so much!
[Ah what a view]
:thumbsup2
But of course I got distracted by PhotoPass.
:laughing: Of course!
At some point I watched the Dapper Dans
They're great. I don't care which park you're in.
On my way I got a FP for BTMRR, which was my first ride of the day. That might be the longest time I’ve gone at a park before riding something.
Huh. I hadn't even realized. Been enjoying the photo show. :)
After I scanned my FP for BTMRR I got another one for Indy. When I got there the standby line was posted at 65 minutes.

Suckers.

Admit it. After the short line/wait... that's the best thing about FP.
I especially like it when I hear (as I breeze past the standby line) "Must be nice to be able to afford that."
It was actually super cute because it was a big family group all wearing matching shirts and taking family photos but then everyone but the couple stepped out and he proposed and everyone was all excited.
Awwww...
Although eventually I got tired of everyone asking me to hold/point to my ears.
I did notice a rather large proportion of ear pointing photos.
I had time to pop up to a nearby booth and grab the mimosa flight,
mmm... sounds good to me.
the Blue 13 show. It’s a Bollywood-style dance troupe where they tell the story of Diwali. It’s super high energy and the dancers are all really talented.
That sounds great!
Golden hour was in full swing and I spent some time chasing the light for some photos, especially around Pixar Pier.
Love golden hour. I'm usually too lazy to catch the early one, though.
RSR was at 30 mins. I wanted to ride something, but not that bad.
Huh! When I was there, the standby line for RSR was always over 2 hours. Times have changed.
I’m sure by now you’ve noticed a theme with DCA entertainment- it’s the absolute best. It’s one of my favorite things about the park and I’m so glad I had a day to just take it all in.
:goodvibes
I mobile ordered a chicken tender meal and had a glorious time sitting and eating fries.
Then I'm sure it was. ::yes::
A CM came by to make sure everyone had their tickets out and made a comment to the effect of, “This line is so dang long because no one has their tickets ready.”
Uh, oh. Someone had sour milk in his Cornflakes that morning.
The wait ended up only being 15 minutes so it definitely looked worse than it was and before long I was on the ride!
Of course. Because the sour CM fixed it!
I had forgotten how much I love iasw holiday, it’s so beautiful and happy and colorful and I just freaking love it.
You know... while I normally loathe that ride... I'd do that, just to see the overlay.
I needed to get back to DCA, for like the 6th time that day.
:faint:
I didn’t get my own table but instead shared with a couple, and we said exactly 0 words to each other.
Not awkward at all. Nope. Not a bit.
Standing around at a career fair all day really does nothing to help your feet, especially when you spend your off time traipsing around Disney parks.
I'm surprised you made it this far!
[The amazing view]
:thumbsup2
At this dessert party servers bring everything to you so you get to sit the whole time.
Imagine you weren't complaining about that!
So the food was fine but the real value (for me at least) in the dessert party is getting to sit in a great spot to watch the show.
I agree! I sort of consider the food as a perk to being able to sit and watch, rather than as the reason to do it.

These are the titles that grab your attention!
If I hate the headline, I make up a headline and I'll say anything I have ta

But none is needed here?
Regardless of whether it's needed, I am too lazy to do it.

Those shots of you and Chip are great!
They're some of my faves of the whole trip!

Um... kinda makes it... not overly worth it to stand in line.
Eh the line wasn't super long and I was trying to get as many of the Fab 5 as possible

What?!?!?!?!?!?
You heard it here first, folks.

Well... poop! Make a video of you saying it and post!
If I don't have the energy to restate my photoshop story do you think I have enough to make and post a video??

Um... okay? sounds like that horrible move it shake it whatever they call it now thing at MK. Blech.
It wasn't....bad. Just kind of underwhelming.

Butt you can see so much!
:rotfl:

They're great. I don't care which park you're in.
I have decided they are my favorite non-show/parade/fireworks entertainment.

Huh. I hadn't even realized. Been enjoying the photo show. :)
Right?? I didn't realize it either!

I especially like it when I hear (as I breeze past the standby line) "Must be nice to be able to afford that."
The poor peasants

Huh! When I was there, the standby line for RSR was always over 2 hours. Times have changed.
That was the single rider line! Standby was up around 2 hours I think.

Of course. Because the sour CM fixed it!
Someone's got to!

You know... while I normally loathe that ride... I'd do that, just to see the overlay.
It's just stunning, they really do a great job. It's also fun to do a loop on the railroad because you go back behind the facade when it's all lit up.

Imagine you weren't complaining about that!
Nope, not a peep.

I sort of consider the food as a perk to being able to sit and watch, rather than as the reason to do it.
Exactly! Especially at the end of a day full of snacking.

If I hate the headline, I make up a headline and I'll say anything I have ta
One does what one must.
Regardless of whether it's needed, I am too lazy to do it.
Eh the line wasn't super long and I was trying to get as many of the Fab 5 as possible
Then mission accomplished.
You heard it here first, folks.
:faint:
If I don't have the energy to restate my photoshop story do you think I have enough to make and post a video??
Very good point!
I have decided they are my favorite non-show/parade/fireworks entertainment.
::yes::
The poor peasants
Next time, throw them a chicken nugget or something.
That was the single rider line! Standby was up around 2 hours I think.
Ohhhh...
It's just stunning, they really do a great job. It's also fun to do a loop on the railroad because you go back behind the facade when it's all lit up.
Oh! Good tip.

“Hey baguettes!” “You mean beignets?”

My last Disney day dawned foggy and overcast. There were fairly substantial lines by 8:30am, but I got through them eventually. On my way through DTD there was a couple and one of them pointed at Ralph Brennan’s and was like “Hey baguettes!” and the other one said, “Do you mean beignets??”

[I was so excited about this outfit. I got these ears at Disneyland Paris and I was itching to wear them]

The first stop for me was the flower Mickey in front of Disneyland. I was wearing a particularly Mickey-fied outfit and I wanted as much photographic evidence as possible.

[Oh look, I'm holding my ears again]

Next I needed to finally get the beignets (not baguettes) that had been denied me thus far. They were far better than I remembered and were so warm and gooey.

I want nothing more at this very moment than a fresh Mickey beignet.

Next was a date with my main mouse! The posted wait was 15 minutes but it ended up being closer to 35. I made it through the entire loop of Mickey shorts while waiting.

When I got in for my turn there weren’t even any photopass photographers. What the heck? You would think Mickey of all characters would have some.

I wasn’t really that angry, this was just the trip of randomly not having PP when I most needed them.

The CM still got good photos, though.

Afterwards I hung out in Toon Town to get photos of the Christmas decorations, which are really cute. Pluto came out when I was wandering and I went to meet him and got some amazing photos. I think this was actually my first time meeting Pluto ever.

Donald was supposed to come out soon and I contemplated waiting for him but decided to get some more rides in since it was my last day. I went to Indy through single rider and laughed the whole ride because my outfit was making me slide all over the place. The lining of my dress was really slick and had zero friction against my shorts so I was just slipping and sliding.

During my beignet break I had grabbed a FP for HM, where I tried to get some photos.

I went over to DCA and stopped first to meet Minnie, who loved my outfit.

I also grabbed some selfies with the Walt statue, which is one of my favorites.

Then I got in line to meet Mickey (again!). Twice in one day is actually a new record for me. Mickey also loved my outfit and decided he needed to try on my sunglasses.

My heart was full of character interactions but my tummy was empty and needed filling, so it was on to the festival booths! They actually do a thing during the festival where you can order food from any booth, so if you see a super short line you can go there to order then go pick up your food at the actual booth. So I went to one booth and ordered the shepherds pie but also ordered the beef wellington from another booth!

The shepherd’s pie is actually plant based, which I was excited about, but it really didn’t have much flavor. The beef wellington on the other hand was delightful and I loved the sauce.

Side note: I took a photo to show how long the lines were and was going to post it but I just realized that there's someone in it obviously picking a wedgie so I'm not putting it up :rotfl:

[While I was in line the parade came back around. I wonder how hard it is to do a bell kick in a Mickey costume]

I had two sip and savor tickets left so I went for dessert. I wanted a churro yule log and some frozen hot chocolate. They were out of the chocolate so I just got the yule log, which was phenomenal. I can’t even describe how good it was.

I still wanted something cold or frozen to drink so I looked through the menus again and decided on the navidad punch. The line was kind of long but I needed to use my last voucher. The punch ended up hitting the spot, so it all worked out!

It was time to break out my favorite guardians but I had to take a pit stop first. My notes here say “even bathrooms have long lines” so now I know it was ~that~ kind of pit stop. The ride was fun, as usual! I think this was what, my 3rd or 4th ride?

Since I was out of food booth tickets and I only had a few hours left, I decided to head back to Disneyland to close out my trip. On the way I paused to get some detail photos of the DCA Christmas tree.

Any guesses as to what my first stop was in Disneyland? Yep. Photopass.

[Very cute, Ann]

After that I was single-minded in my mission to find first: a snack and second: a spot to watch the parade. The only problem was I didn’t know what I wanted for a snack. However, I did find an elusive bottled Coke Zero so I grabbed one of those.

After walking around for a bit I decided what I wanted most in the world was popcorn and Mickey sandwich. It took about 20 minutes to get both of them because lines for everything were just insane. I tried to make it easier by going to a popcorn stand that wasn’t selling one of the new holiday buckets but even then it was a bit of a wait.

Speaking of popcorn buckets… Disneyland peeps take their holiday limited edition collectables SERIOUSLY. The number of people I saw walking around with MULTIPLE of each bucket and sipper was astounding. And it made the lines at all the carts super long.

ANYWAY I did eventually get my snack(s) and went to find a parade spot. Since my snack quest took so long a lot of the good spots were taken. I ended up finding a spot that was meh as far as the view but A+ as far as the shade and ability to sit while waiting.

I dug into my snacks and scrolled through my phone (like any good millennial) and overheard someone in front of me say “Sorry, she’s a creepy baby.”

I looked up (honestly, who wouldn’t) and saw that a couple in front of me had a really handsy baby who was reaching out and trying to touch everyone around her. It was really cute but funny that someone would describe their infant as creepy.

Eventually the parade started and we all stood up. It was fine. We had seen it a few years before and it didn’t seem to have changed much (but again, I’m horrible with spotting differences). I noticed that the floats were all very spread out so it was kind of slow. But it had that cutesy Christmas feel and it was still nice.

I wanted to end my park time where I began it – on Batuu. Back in Galaxy’s Edge I took some more photos and pondered bout hopping into the single rider line for the Falcon, but standby was at 85 minutes and I was worried single rider would be too long since I was running out of time.

[I bet there's a story about that guitar]

Soon (too soon, as always) that clock (old killjoy) reminded me that I needed to start making my way out and back to my hotel so I could catch my flight. On my way out I took some pictures, including my sad “see ya real soon” selfie.

The old killjoy was my friend for a bit when I realized that I did have a few more spare minutes. I decided instead of wandering Downtown Disney that I would head over to the Grand Californian and grab myself a goodbye drink from the Hearthstone Lounge, because that sounded like a very sophisticated and adult thing for a grown woman alone at Disney dressed as Mickey Mouse to do.
I grabbed a seat at the bar and ordered a white sangria and just took a few moments to sit and relax. It was actually an amazing way to end my time at Disney because it was away from the crowds, quiet, and I could sit. But it still had that Disney touch.

Side note, the TV behind the bar was playing a football game featuring our local team. I snapped a photo and sent it to Jon and he was like, “you know that’s a rerun right?” Dear, you know for a fact that I don’t know that it’s a rerun let me have this moment.

When I finished my drink there was one final Disney thing for me to do – check out the gingerbread house! It was very gingerbread-y and smelled phenomenal.

And with that I forced my exhausted little feet to make the journey back to my Best Western for my bags and to await my chariot (Uber) back to the airport.

Normally I don’t talk much about the flight home because – let’s be honest – who cares? But there were two things of note about this flight:1) I apparently hate myself and decided it was okay to take the last flight out for the night. Which meant I arrived home at approximately 2:30am and had to go to work the next day. Will I ever learn? Probably not. And 2) the flight attendant made a very Jungle Cruise-type joke. They were doing the spiel and got to the part about pointing out the safety features of the plane. Then they just pointed to random things and said “Like that one. Or this one. And that one.” It was cute.

And with that, my Girl Power Solo Disneyland Adventure came to an end! Thank you to everyone who made it this far. Your consolation prize is a warm fuzzy feeling and some churro dust. Enjoy.

“Hey baguettes!” “You mean beignets?”
No. I mean baguettes. I want a sandwich.
My last Disney day dawned foggy and overcast.
Mood matching. Disney thinks of everything!
I was wearing a particularly Mickey-fied outfit
Cute!
[Oh look, I'm holding my ears again]
Well, you got them abroad... you don't want to lose them.
Next I needed to finally get the beignets (not baguettes) that had been denied me thus far.
Interesting. That looks nothing like the one I got 2-3 years ago.
I want nothing more at this very moment than a fresh Mickey beignet.
::yes::
When I got in for my turn there weren’t even any photopass photographers. What the heck? You would think Mickey of all characters would have some.
That's.... just so strange.
I think this was actually my first time meeting Pluto ever.
Your expression certainly reflects that! :)
I went to Indy through single rider and laughed the whole ride because my outfit was making me slide all over the place. The lining of my dress was really slick and had zero friction against my shorts so I was just slipping and sliding.
Would've paid to have seen that.
During my beignet break I had grabbed a FP for HM, where I tried to get some photos.
Succeeded! Nice shots!
I also grabbed some selfies with the Walt statue, which is one of my favorites.
Super cute photo!
Mickey also loved my outfit
What do you mean "also"... Did you think he'd change his mind from earlier?

:rolleyes:
They actually do a thing during the festival where you can order food from any booth, so if you see a super short line you can go there to order then go pick up your food at the actual booth.
Did not know that.
How do you pick up the food, though. Do you cut through the order line? Or can you access the serving area without doing that?
Side note: I took a photo to show how long the lines were and was going to post it but I just realized that there's someone in it obviously picking a wedgie so I'm not putting it up :rotfl:
All the more reason to post it!
I wonder how hard it is to do a bell kick in a Mickey costume]
:eek:
I just got the yule log, which was phenomenal. I can’t even describe how good it was.
It sure looks good!
My notes here say “even bathrooms have long lines” so now I know it was ~that~ kind of pit stop. The ride was fun, as usual! I think this was what, my 3rd or 4th ride?
Interesting that you describe a bathroom pit stop as a ride.
[Very cute, Ann]
I decided what I wanted most in the world was popcorn and Mickey sandwich.
Ohhhh… how I could go for that right now.
Disneyland peeps take their holiday limited edition collectables SERIOUSLY. The number of people I saw walking around with MULTIPLE of each bucket and sipper was astounding.
Whoa!
sell 'em on Ebay, maybe?
overheard someone in front of me say “Sorry, she’s a creepy baby.”

I looked up (honestly, who wouldn’t) and saw that a couple in front of me had a really handsy baby who was reaching out and trying to touch everyone around her. It was really cute but funny that someone would describe their infant as creepy.
(but again, I’m horrible with spotting differences)
CAN YOU SPOT THE DIFFERENCE IN THESE TWO SENTENCES? CAN YOU SPOT THE DIFFERENCE IN THESE TW0 SENTENCES?

[I bet there's a story about that guitar]
I didn't even notice the guitar last time. Huh. Good eye.
On my way out I took some pictures, including my sad “see ya real soon” selfie.
:(
I decided instead of wandering Downtown Disney that I would head over to the Grand Californian and grab myself a goodbye drink from the Hearthstone Lounge, because that sounded like a very sophisticated and adult thing for a grown woman alone at Disney dressed as Mickey Mouse to do.
Side note, the TV behind the bar was playing a football game featuring our local team. I snapped a photo and sent it to Jon and he was like, “you know that’s a rerun right?” Dear, you know for a fact that I don’t know that it’s a rerun let me have this moment.
:rotfl:
I apparently hate myself and decided it was okay to take the last flight out for the night. Which meant I arrived home at approximately 2:30am and had to go to work the next day.
Yuck... but I've done similar. Maybe not quite that bad, but... yup.
the flight attendant made a very Jungle Cruise-type joke. They were doing the spiel and got to the part about pointing out the safety features of the plane. Then they just pointed to random things and said “Like that one. Or this one. And that one.” It was cute.
Thank you to everyone who made it this far. Your consolation prize is a warm fuzzy feeling and some churro dust. Enjoy.
Thanks for writing! It was a really fun ride! (not the bathroom pit stop kind... well, that too.)

I want a sandwich.
Fine it's your breakfast, you call the shots

That looks nothing like the one I got 2-3 years ago.
Did you get it from New Orleans Square inside the park? Or at Ralph Brennan's in Downtown Disney? I think the DTD ones are normal squares.

How do you pick up the food, though. Do you cut through the order line? Or can you access the serving area without doing that?
There's two lines, one for ordering, and one for picking up. So when you order food for a different booth you can skip that booth's ordering line. And that day the average wait for each line was 15 mins so it was definitely a time saver!

Interesting that you describe a bathroom pit stop as a ride.
There's a reason there's always a wait for the ladies room. It gets wild.

CAN YOU SPOT THE DIFFERENCE IN THESE TWO SENTENCES? CAN YOU SPOT THE DIFFERENCE IN THESE TW0 SENTENCES?
THIS IS TOO MUCH PRESSURE

The first stop for me was the flower Mickey in front of Disneyland. I was wearing a particularly Mickey-fied outfit and I wanted as much photographic evidence as possible.

Adorable!

I went to Indy through single rider and laughed the whole ride because my outfit was making me slide all over the place. The lining of my dress was really slick and had zero friction against my shorts so I was just slipping and sliding.

Lol! That must have been fun!

I went over to DCA and stopped first to meet Minnie, who loved my outfit.

OMG, I need to meet this pink Minnie :love:

Any guesses as to what my first stop was in Disneyland? Yep. Photopass.

What else?

ANYWAY I did eventually get my snack(s) and went to find a parade spot. Since my snack quest took so long a lot of the good spots were taken. I ended up finding a spot that was meh as far as the view but A+ as far as the shade and ability to sit while waiting.

Change that to a Diet Coke and that there is just about perfect.

I apparently hate myself and decided it was okay to take the last flight out for the night. Which meant I arrived home at approximately 2:30am and had to go to work the next day

Yikes!

And with that, my Girl Power Solo Disneyland Adventure came to an end!

Thanks for sharing! I loved following along!

Your outfit this day was absolutely adorable! LOVE!

Ahh you got to meet Steamboat Mickey! So cute! Love that you met so many characters!

Sounds like a wonderful end to your time in the parks!

Loved reading along, thank you for sharing!

Fine it's your breakfast, you call the shots
Really?
This is the first time a woman has ever said that to me!

:rolleyes:

:duck:
Did you get it from New Orleans Square inside the park? Or at Ralph Brennan's in Downtown Disney? I think the DTD ones are normal squares.
NOS. They weren't square, but definitely not recognizable as Mickey head shaped.
There's two lines, one for ordering, and one for picking up. So when you order food for a different booth you can skip that booth's ordering line. And that day the average wait for each line was 15 mins so it was definitely a time saver!
Good tip!
There's a reason there's always a wait for the ladies room. It gets wild.
THIS IS TOO MUCH PRESSURE
:rotfl2:

Your outfit this day was absolutely adorable! LOVE!

Ahh you got to meet Steamboat Mickey! So cute! Love that you met so many characters!

Sounds like a wonderful end to your time in the parks!

Loved reading along, thank you for sharing!
Yes one of my favorite things about solo time at Disney is character meetings! Jon doesn't like them so when we go together we don't get to quite as many as I would like.

Thanks for following along!

This is the first time a woman has ever said that to me!
This is a Girl Power report, after all.

NOS. They weren't square, but definitely not recognizable as Mickey head shaped.
Huh that's strange. Maybe the Mickey shaper was on the fritz.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter