• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A fun and magical way to tell our daughter she is going to Disney? Any ideas?

RoseBug

<font color=royalblue>I'm a Geordie, we don't own
Her birthday is in Feb, we are taking her to DLP the day after her birthday. As she is still quite young I'm not sure she would fully understand that she is going to Disney (she does *know* but obviously at 2yrs 4mths she has no idea what that really means) but we figure by her 3rd birthday she will totally understand and be very excited.

So how can we tell her on her birthday?

We were thinking of buying her a wee Disney case, new nightie, new princess dress and a toiletries bag and pop in it a Disney toothbrush, flannel, toothpaste etc. and camera and give her that for her birthday - and then tell her she is going to Disney.

What do you think? Any other ideas?

I read about a family that had a disney helium ballon in a box and when their daughter/son (cant remember) opened the box the ballon pops out with an invite to disney from mickey and minnie !

i love your idea too! x

Your idea sounds great! :thumbsup2 I'm not sure if she is a bit too young for this, but the disneystore have a holiday promotion going at the min (there is another thread on this board that explains it better than me!), but basically Mickey himself tells your child that they're going to disneyland! If you live near a disneystore, might be worth checking out :goodvibes Let us know how you get on!

Some of the ideas that I've seen/read about are...

- An enchanted phone call where a character calls her on the phone and talks about her impending trip (costs about $3-4) or you can get free ones on disneymovierewards website with a few points from movie purchases

- Not sure if still active but the disney store has/had a promotion where a character recieves a letter they write and gives them a message

- Tell her on the day you're going and video tape it. A lot of people do this and put it on youtube

- Setup a scavenger hunt where each clue has some reference to Disney ( I saw one where it was teenagers and the hunt was at the grocery store and then end was at the bakery where they gave them a cake with the reveal and announced it over the store speakers)

- DON'T lie to her and tell her you're going somewhere else only to switch it to disney. These seem to backfire a lot

No matter what you do I'm sure she'll enjoy it and be ultra excited! Good luck.

On the disneystore.co.uk they have a minnie mouse which is holding a letter that you can personalise what about if you put we are going to disneyland or something on there? x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter