A Fifth Park

With that logic why build a fourth gate?

It makes no sense if they want to build another one they will.

Perfect marketing too a different park for every weekday or hell even every day if you add the two water parks in

That's just it...it's my understanding that AK, the fourth gate, did not bring them the bump in numbers they had hoped for. So after learning from that, a 5th gate is probably not coming until they can no longer expand the existing parks any further.

So they keep building hotels, yet have no plans for a fifth gate. I think by 2025 it gets announced, perhaps even during the 50th announcement.

So they keep building hotels, yet have no plans for a fifth gate. I think by 2025 it gets announced, perhaps even during the 50th announcement.
If that was the case we would be hearing rumblings about it like Universal's third park. There is no such case.

As long as people keep coming to Disney it will eventually happen. Space and money aren't the issue, it's just waiting for the demand to get high enough.

I think it will happen eventually. The US Population was 281 million when the Animal Kingdom opened in 1998. It's 328.8 million now. It's predicted to be 420 million by 2060. I don't think it's a question of if, but rather when it's going to happen. I'd like to see a DisneySea in America that is also focused on Sea Life Conservation.

The entire US population is 300+ million. The population within a 3 hr drive of Shanghai DL is 300 million. If Disney is looking for return on a multi billion $ investment, they'll be searching for the next Shanghai for their 13th park. As much as I'd love to see a 5th Gate at my home park, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

The entire US population is 300+ million. The population within a 3 hr drive of Shanghai DL is 300 million. If Disney is looking for return on a multi billion $ investment, they'll be searching for the next Shanghai for their 13th park. As much as I'd love to see a 5th Gate at my home park, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
I’m surprised we haven’t heard of an expansion of Shanghai yet.

I'm not sure where else in the world has the population density like that where people could afford a Disney theme park. The only other place I can think of is Beijing. A second Europe location might work well, or just doubling the Studios park in DLP.

I'm not sure where else in the world has the population density like that where people could afford a Disney theme park. The only other place I can think of is Beijing. A second Europe location might work well, or just doubling the Studios park in DLP.
They are expanding the studios park in DLP.

I would rather in the short-term they continue to make the existing parks more robust and bolster all of the parks into full day experiences. I was so impressed with with AK on my last trip in late August, not having been to WDW in 5 years. Hollywood was just ok, but heading in the right direction. Beyond the world showcase, EPCOT is very dated and over-rated. I feel that people's love for this park is more nostalgia based then for what is there now and I worry that the additions coming are going to be enough to bring it back.

That said, long-term I would like a Marvel exclusive superhero park. It is Disney's strongest IP and could be amazing. I say long-term because I think it will be a while before they are able to get the rights from Universal, but I truly believe it will happen someday.

I'd love to see a 5th park, because it's nice to have something "new" to look forward to, and it would be nice to have another gate to help disperse the crowds. In terms of what I'd like to see...hmm, I'm not sure. I think the concept of a park being dedicated to villains would be really cool. It could be more "adult friendly", in the sense they could compete with Universal's horror nights by having a more edgy/scary event versus just Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party which is more G/PG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter