A few random questions (mostly drink related)

TimeforMe

<marquee><font color=royalblue>Remember who you ar
1. OK--so I've heard we can carry on a cooler (no ice) onboard with drinks. Is it one cooler per family or per person?
2. I know DCL offers free soda--how about tonic water?
3. Is wine duty free, too, or just liquor? And from what I've read, you can't consumer these onboard, correct?
4. Is there a price list for what drinks cost in the bars. etc.?

1. OK--so I've heard we can carry on a cooler (no ice) onboard with drinks. Is it one cooler per family or per person?
2. I know DCL offers free soda--how about tonic water?
3. Is wine duty free, too, or just liquor? And from what I've read, you can't consumer these onboard, correct?
4. Is there a price list for what drinks cost in the bars. etc.?

I can answer only the first one- sorry I can't answer the rest. Although I do think the liquor is duty free but bought onboard can't be consumed onboard. I've read that they bring it to you on the last night or something?

anyway- #1- as many as you feel comfortable carrying with you. You can't check them (or at the very least they strongly suggest you don't- they are rough with the luggage and if it leaks/is broken and damages your clothing- it could damage many other people's luggage as well!) and need to carry them on yourself. So if everyone in your party wants to carry a soft sided cooler with drinks in it, as you said no ice, you can. But remember you have to carry it around with you to lunch and anything else you do until atleast 1:30pm when the rooms are usually available at that time. So you don't want to be lugging around TOO much luggage. WE usually take 2 carryons- one is the soft sided cooler with drinks- the other is my carryon with our valuables, laptop, and swimsuits so we can swim before the rooms are available. This works fine for our family of 5. My kids wouldn't want to lug around carryons around the ship. lazy kids :lmao:

Thanks for the info. That's a good point about having to lug them around. I really drink alot of water during the day, so much of it will be bottled water.

Anyone else?

No real need for bottled water. The water on the Disney ships is fine and you can refill you water bottle.

As above, the water on the ship is excellent. There's no reason to bring or buy bottled water. We usually have one refillable bottle per person to take on excursions, etc.

You can bring on as much carry on luggage and as many coolers as you and your family choose to carry.

I've never seen tonic water at the drink station. I suspect it can be purchased like you can do with ginger ale, etc...or maybe the nice dude at the bar will just give you some in a glass.

Alcohol purchased on the ship will be delivered to your room on the last night. Alcohol brought on board with you in any port can be consumed during the cruise. If you bring it into the dining room in a bottle, you will be charged a "corking fee," but you can carry in a glass with no issues. Your stateroom host will supply wine glasses, or you can get paper cups at the beverage station.

There's a price list...but I don't know if there's one at a site we can post. There is a drink of the day special each day....as well as a "happy hour" around the adult pool where they were offering 2 for 1 prices.

You would pay for tonic water so if you plan on an adult beverage with tonic plan on bringing your own quart sized plastic bottles.

There are no bargains on wine on a Western Itinerary; not even sure if there would be bargains at the ports of call on an eastern. I brought my own onboard and my stateroom host brought me glasses (wrapped in saran wrap) from Room Service. I brought my own travel corkscrew. There was no issue with that at all. I did bring wine to dinner the last 2 nights (because I found that I wasn't going to drink it all and wasn't going to bring it home!) that I had uncorked in my room for a pre-dinner glass and my servers put it in an ice bucket and happily served it to me. (I told them not to worry and that I didn't want to "put them out" and my server asst gave me the funniest look like "are you kidding?" and then he started laughing and said it'd be his pleasure.)

Oh, if it's water you're wanting to bring- I have to agree with others who said you can just bring a reusable water bottle or thermos. The water on the ship is filtered and tastes great. IMO atleast. I think most tap water is disgusting and that includes the water at the parks- but on the ship it's fine. You can get water anywhere but also at the self-serve fountain drink station on deck 9. :)

so I could bring a couple bottles of wine on board with me? I know on Carnival we smuggled (Lol) them in...but I've also heard of my friends bringing in a whole cooler of liquor and them being allowed on Carnival...I'm not much of a drinker but I would like to bring a couple bottles of wine and champagne since I doubt the boat will have Muscat or Muscato..

You can bring bottles of wine onboard. Disney just asks that you bring it in your carryon luggage and not put it in your checked luggage as it can break and cause a mess for a whole lot of people.

If you take the bottle to the dining room with you, you'll be charged a corkage fee. However, you can request a couple of glasses from room service or any bar and pour your own in your room.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll scratch the case of water.;) Can you bring bottles of wine in just a carry-on bag or does it have to be in a cooler?

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll scratch the case of water.;) Can you bring bottles of wine in just a carry-on bag or does it have to be in a cooler?

The alcohol you bring onboard can be in any type of bag as long as it fits through an airport x-ray machine like they have at the port.

MJ

tonic comes in a can, it is not diet, and you pay for it, even at dinner. I have to drink it for foot cramps, and choose to bring my own.

tonic comes in a can, it is not diet, and you pay for it, even at dinner. I have to drink it for foot cramps, and choose to bring my own.
I have foot/leg cramps too and consume large amounts of water and that helps but why does the tonic water help?

I have foot/leg cramps too and consume large amounts of water and that helps but why does the tonic water help?

I would like to know as well!!! I get "restless leg syndrom" and was wondering if that would help. The side effects of the medication for RLS makes it so I don't want to start using that medication.

MJ

Hi, everyone:
I drink 8-oz of diet tonic each evening prescribed by my doctor for cramps. There is quinine in the tonic that is wonderful for cramps and you can no longer take it in pill form. I am diabetic and the non-diet tonic does have some calories, so it has to be diet. We'll be at AKL for three days pre-cruise and we hope there will be a place we could buy diet tonic. Anyone know?

Love these boards. Thank you, everyone.
Jennie

Super interesting on the diet tonic! I had RLS when I was pregnant (I guess having twins will do that to you), and wish I would've known!

Just wanted to add here that I didn't know that soda water (Club Soda) was available at the fountain (at least on the Magic). I would've planned my carry-on alcohol differently had I known haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter