A few questions I can’t find in search…

krismom345

Mouseketeer
We’ve had a DAS on a prior trip and hope to renew. My son can only tolerate a few hours a day in the park- so I’m hoping that if I obtain a boarding pass for ROR, we can ride sooner than when the group is called?
I’m specifically thinking about the afternoon attempt since we’d have to be in the park to try at 1 o’clock.
Also, if we are going to park hop, is there a way to get a return time at the park we’re hopping to if we go to guest relations as we exit the first?
Thanks for any help, I’m in a last minute panic about crowds and having no fastpasses. 😖

You do not need to be IN DHS at 1pm, you just need to have a park reservation there and tapped in at some point prior to 1pm. You may leave and make your 1pm attempt from elsewhere.

But unless you get some pixie dust, I don't believe you can ride sooner than your boarding group. However, with DAS you will be allowed straight into the FP queue without additional waiting once your time comes around.

DAS return times are only given for attractions within that park. You can get a return time and leave then return later that day. But I'm not aware of ability to be at AK and get a return time for a ride at MK (as an example).

You do not need to be IN DHS at 1pm, you just need to have a park reservation there and tapped in at some point prior to 1pm. You may leave and make your 1pm attempt from elsewhere.

But unless you get some pixie dust, I don't believe you can ride sooner than your boarding group. However, with DAS you will be allowed straight into the FP queue without additional waiting once your time comes around.

DAS return times are only given for attractions within that park. You can get a return time and leave then return later that day. But I'm not aware of ability to be at AK and get a return time for a ride at MK (as an example).
I agree with everything lanejudy wrote.
That has been our experience.
It‘s possible you might be able to get a Return Time from Guest Relations for the park you are hopping to, but I’ve never read anything that said it might be possible.

We’ve had a DAS on a prior trip and hope to renew. My son can only tolerate a few hours a day in the park- so I’m hoping that if I obtain a boarding pass for ROR, we can ride sooner than when the group is called?
I’m specifically thinking about the afternoon attempt since we’d have to be in the park to try at 1 o’clock.
Also, if we are going to park hop, is there a way to get a return time at the park we’re hopping to if we go to guest relations as we exit the first?
Thanks for any help, I’m in a last minute panic about crowds and having no fastpasses. 😖
Not having fast pass is not an issue for those with das. You can still get return times.
If you get a boarding time for ROR for later in the day why not just plan your park hours around that time? Since you are only able to spend a few hours in the park, and you have das so your hours don't are flexible

Thanks all. I was unaware we didn’t have to be in DHS to get the 1:00 return time. We’ve always relied heavily on our three fastpasses so I’m anxious about touring with the one return time.
much appreciated :)

Just a note that in June, they were not accommodating the DAS at all at Rise. Not positive if it was because we had an early boarding group or they stopped, but the CM made it sound like they no.oinger accommodate the DAS.

Just a note that in June, they were not accommodating the DAS at all at Rise. Not positive if it was because we had an early boarding group or they stopped, but the CM made it sound like they no.oinger accommodate the DAS.
What do you mean by accommodate? I almost think the boarding groups acts like a das. You wait for a time to ride, outside the line. So, what did you want the das to do for you that a boarding group time doesn't ?

Early boarding groups get on pretty quickly, don't they? A group using DAS might not get on any faster than being in the SB queue?

And this is from pre-covid, but when I asked at guest relations to get a DAS return time they specifically told me you had to go to the attraction. They did it as a 'courtesy' but standard procedure is to go to the attraction or a blue umbrella.

If you had an early boarding group, then most likely everyone was using the lines you would use for DAS. We had BG 7 and when I asked about the use of the DAS, they said that the lines were so low that everyone was going through the lines set aside for DAS, VIP, Rider Switch, etc...

My cousin's family have used the DAS for Rise when they had a later boarding group. It basically was the equivalent of the FP line like other attractions.

I figure the line has to build at some point for them to start using the main line. It took us about 10 minutes to get to the first preshow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter