A few Question

Dax

Emma and Christopher's Mommy - Best job ever
I am going to be visiting FW ina week or two. I was wondering what there was to do there and is there any good walking trails and I heard the Main Street horses were housed there? Any truth to that. All ideas will be appreciated.

sorc.gif
disneyrd.gif

Hi! You will have a great time at FW! There are lots of places to walk! It's fun to just wander around the roads in the campground, looking at everything. There are also walking trails that are very nice - you can see wildlife (deer, armadillos, peacocks, etc, etc).

There is a campfire program every night in the Meadows Recreation Area. It starts with a sing-along around a big campfire with Chip & Dale, and you can roast marshmallows. Then, they show a full-length Disney movie on the outdoor screen. It's free for all WDW resort guests. It starts at 7:00 in the winter and 8:00 in the summer months.

There is a petting farm and blacksmith shop that you can visit in the Settlement Area. They give pony rides there too for kids.

You can visit the horse barns right by the main entrance to the campground. You can also go on a hayride every night at 6:00 (I think). The hayride is first come, first served - and you catch it outside Pioneer Hall.

The Trail's End Buffet is the on-site restaurant. They serve all 3 meals at very reasonable prices. And the food is very good!

Let us know if you have any other questions! Have a great time!

- Rhonda :-)
Camping Board Co-Moderator
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!