A DL pout, and vent.l

My vent is that I miss the Mailboomer at DCA. I also miss the giant orange for the swings, I think it was called the Orange Stinger back then? It also had adorable bee seats!

I was going through old photos and found this somewhat blurry shot I took of DCA. I believe it was 2007. I miss this view...minus the sun on the Ferris wheel (Mickey is much better).1000000824.png

Still salty about this change:

51_zpsb5bb6b68.jpg

I genuinely want to know who greenlit the project of turning this well themed restaurant into having airport terminal lounge vibes.

I still miss the Skyway buckets. I loved those. I get very angry when a few idiots ruin things for the rest of us.

Wish we still had the People Mover now that I'm old and could really use it.

I wish there was still a real show (Revue) in the Golden Horseshoe. The one-man piano guy/comedian is nice but it's not the same as a show.

I also much prefer California Screamin' to Incredicoaster.

I wish they still had "port and chocolate tasting" at the Sonoma Terrace.

I very much miss the old Hollywood Tower Hotel set and ride. Guardians is lots of fun, but loved ToT. I still have my ToT bathrobe from the gift shop.

I miss the old DLH setup with gardens and ponds and shops and lots of restaurants. Most of that property, which used to be part of the DLH, is now DTD up to the monorail station. The monorail hasn't moved, they just took away a bunch of DLH property for DTD.

My vent is that I miss the Mailboomer at DCA. I also miss the giant orange for the swings, I think it was called the Orange Stinger back then? It also had adorable bee seats!

I was going through old photos and found this somewhat blurry shot I took of DCA. I believe it was 2007. I miss this view...minus the sun on the Ferris wheel (Mickey is much better).View attachment 862201
I loved the giant orange! You're about the ferris wheel.

I still miss the Skyway buckets. I loved those. I get very angry when a few idiots ruin things for the rest of us.

Wish we still had the People Mover now that I'm old and could really use it.

I wish there was still a real show (Revue) in the Golden Horseshoe. The one-man piano guy/comedian is nice but it's not the same as a show.
I've always wanted them to bring the people mover back. The skyway buckets would be even cooler.

I've always wanted them to bring the people mover back. The skyway buckets would be even cooler.
The son of the guy who created the Skyway buckets still makes and sells miniature versions. I had him make some for me for my friends (just the buckets, not the actual ride). They're pretty cute! He'll paint them whatever color you want and put whatever number you want on them.

I have a friend who has an entire working Skyway ride in miniature made by the son of the original creator, Robbie Von Roll. https://www.facebook.com/vonrollmodelropeways/

The son of the guy who created the Skyway buckets still makes and sells miniature versions. I had him make some for me for my friends (just the buckets, not the actual ride). They're pretty cute! He'll paint them whatever color you want and put whatever number you want on them.

I have a friend who has an entire working Skyway ride in miniature made by the son of the original creator, Robbie Von Roll. https://www.facebook.com/vonrollmodelropeways/
My husband got me a blue skyway from Robbie!! So cool!! I miss that and the peoplemover so much. We all love the peoplemover at MK. Even my teen kids. They ask to ride it quite a bit while we are at MK. Disneyland Tomorrowland really needs some movement in it.

I miss miss miss Alfresco Tasting Terrace. (as you can guess I am not a Magic Key holder)

That was our perfect peaceful escape for a cocktail and a bite in DCA. It was always so quiet and maybe had one or two other tables occupied. WE LOVED IT!! :sad1:

Still bitter years later.

I missed People Mover until I realized it gave me a reason to like Magic Kingdom. I thought I had imagined the chocolate and wine tasting in DCA, now I just dig out a bar of chocolate and have it with my wine lol. I'm pretty easy that way ;)

Not a "missing" thing, but now they are soooo stringent about checking everything coming thru security to DLP I really wish they would add somewhere to get a glass of wine or beer without needing to smuggle it in, or go over the DCA for it. Getting a sit down dinner reservation is such a hassle if all you want is to have a glass of wine and people watch for 10 minutes like we can at the terraces in DCA.

My gripe is with DAS registration. I've been sitting in the chat queue for almost an hour and a half now and I've never had to wait this long before. I'm sick and need to pick up a prescription so I should have just waited on DAS until tomorrow or something. But now I've committed so don't want to leave the queue.

I genuinely want to know who greenlit the project of turning this well themed restaurant into having airport terminal lounge vibes.
Oh no! My DH and I went for the first time on our last trip (a year and a half ago) and fell in love with that restaurant! Besides the food, it was the atmosphere that we really enjoyed. If the vibe is different, it will be a no-go for us. >:(

Oh no! My DH and I went for the first time on our last trip (a year and a half ago) and fell in love with that restaurant! Besides the food, it was the atmosphere that we really enjoyed. If the vibe is different, it will be a no-go for us. >:(
It is insanely different, and not in a positive way. The courtyard fountain is gone (and I think the courtyard itself may be gone but I'm not sure), the big neon sign is gone, the chef/pot/lobster and trumpet player statues are gone, the wrought iron balustrades and decorative touches are gone, the piano/music room is now just a room, etc etc. It's a streamlined, orange plastic chair mid-century-modern restaurant that used to be a fun nod to NOLA.

Attachments

• jk new.jpg
    jk new.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 15
  • jk tables.jpg
    jk tables.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 15
I did see live music (where the band used to be) ... tried to talk friends into going in and they siad "it's souless" now and had no interest in even giving it a chance. I admit, I used to hit Jazz Kitchen solo about every 5th trip (the bar and to grab a bite) but it's not on my list anymore either. If I did not still associate it with Beignets I'd have forgotten that it's there at all :( While on the subject of lacking ambiance - I find it sad Downtown Disney does not require store fronts to at least do "something" disney in the windows - some are so generic they bust my Disney Bubble. Not gonna lie, if Downtown Disney is not feeling Disney enough at some point, might as well save big $ and stay at a nearby Hotel.

OMG, that is so sad. I showed my DH the above pics and he shook his head and said, "It looks like a cafeteria."

I also much prefer California Screamin' to Incredicoaster.

I wish they still had "port and chocolate tasting" at the Sonoma Terrace.

I very much miss the old Hollywood Tower Hotel set and ride. Guardians is lots of fun, but loved ToT. I still have my ToT bathrobe from the gift shop.

I miss the old DLH setup with gardens and ponds and shops and lots of restaurants. Most of that property, which used to be part of the DLH, is now DTD up to the monorail station. The monorail hasn't moved, they just took away a bunch of DLH property for DTD.
Port and chocolate tasting?!? :oops: Never had that but they should definitely bring that back!!!

Some of this must be from way back -- I don't remember the DLH setup, either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter