A Disney-addicted mom braves the August (2010) heat! *11/28 Update!*

I have a neverending TR going on to- life just gets in the way sometimes! I love the pics at GG! The kids look like they're having so much fun! Your PP pics look great too! :goodvibes

I'm going to try to finally finish this trip report! :lmao:

Saturday morning I finished some laundry and packing. We made a big breakfast because we were throwing out any food that was left. Finally we took our bags to the airline check-in place and headed over to Epcot. This was one of those brutally hot and humid days that makes people want to avoid Florida in August! :scared1: I'm not sure I even remember everything we did. I know we did Baby Swap on Test Track. I know I took Nathaniel on Mission: Space (and we did the orange side this time - I felt a little off but Nathaniel was happy as a clam!). While we were doing that, Tom took the little ones on Ellen's Universe of Energy. Jessica loved it! :confused3

We stopped at Guest Services and got ADRs for lunch at Biergarten. We probably didn't need them but figured it never hurts. We rode Maelstrom on the way to lunch. Lunch was fun. We sat with a family of 3 who are Dis-ers and DVC members. They were super nice and very friendly. Jessica enjoyed dancing at Biergarten, as usual. I took pics but they are totally blurry. We did a final Kim Possible mission on our way back to Beach Club. Jessica wasn't feeling great so I ended up buying Pepto at the Marketplace (which I had to throw out at the airport because it wasn't small enough to take through security :confused: ).

We were waiting and waiting for DME when Tom decided to ask about a cab to the airport instead. They found one with 3 car seats for the kids. It was seriously the best $60 ever. It was a quick and easy trip to the airport. With resort check-in we didn't have luggage to worry about. Totally worth it! I've always been a big fan of DME but I have to say this made me reconsider. Our last few trips on DME haven't been fabulous.

We had a late flight home. Zachary was a handful on the flight (he figured out how to unbuckle his seatbelt which made it difficult). The kids were tired but nobody slept on the plane. Everyone slept in the car on the way home!

I would call this trip a HUGE success. There's no such thing as a perfect trip but this one was as good as they get. I can definitely see that the trips will get easier as the kids get older. Nathaniel was a delight (he had his moments like any kid but he was mostly great). Jessica was a bit whiny but that's her stage right now. Zachary is so easy-going.

What I learned: We missed out on a lot of pool time due to afternoon thunderstorms. The kids were able to survive some longer days in the parks but NOT when the weather was brutal. Plan, plan, plan and then go with the flow. Staying near Epcot made dinner easy and yummy. Our family likes 2 sit-down meals per day - lunch and dinner.

We're heading back in January for the marathon weekend. And I just booked us for our 1st Disney cruise! We'll be on the Dream for the podcast cruise in June, 2012!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Amanda

Thanks for the wrap-up on your trip! I love the things you did on your last day. I totally agree- the location of the Beach Club resort with its proximity to EPCOT really rocks!

Good call on the cab back to the airport. I'm sure it was a lot easier having your husband to help you on the way home.

Sounds like you have some interesting travel plans on the horizon.

The cruise will be great. We have been twice and enjoy almost as much as the "World".
Thanks

Thanks for the wrap-up on your trip! I love the things you did on your last day. I totally agree- the location of the Beach Club resort with its proximity to EPCOT really rocks!

Good call on the cab back to the airport. I'm sure it was a lot easier having your husband to help you on the way home.

Sounds like you have some interesting travel plans on the horizon.

Thanks!
We loved staying at BC! I wish we had been able to use SAB more than we did but it was still great. And there are still so many things we've never done.

The cruise will be great. We have been twice and enjoy almost as much as the "World".
Thanks

Thank you! I'm very excited!!!

Amanda

Wow, last day! Sounds like fun, it seems like you had great company at Biergarten.

I've never had trouble with DME, but it seems like $60 well spent on that taxi!

Flights with troublesome children are a nightmare. I'm glad you made it home in one piece!

Hooray for booking a cruise! It terrifies me that you have a trip booked for June 2012 because DS starts Kindergarten in 2012 and I'm pretending that is a really LOOOONG time away!

Thanks for wrapping up!

I'm so happy you're trip was such a success! I can't believe you did the orange side on MS, waaay braver than me. I'm get so motion sick I'm pretty sure I'd have been sick for the rest of the day.

The cab to the airport sounds like a good idea. We were underwhelmed with Disney transportation in general.

Congrats on booking the cruise! I've never been on a Disney cruise but we did go on one for our honeymoon and we loved it! It's so nice to have everything taken care of and to just be able to relax and enjoy. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter