A Disney-addicted mom braves the August (2010) heat! *11/28 Update!*

Great pics! The one of all three kids would definately make a great Christmas card. :goodvibes And I LOVE the close-up one of Jessica and Belle. princess:

AWESOME photo pass pics!!!

The ones at the Beach Club are great! I saw a roving photographer there a couple of times during our stay. Once he was going around with a family snapping some pictures. I couldn't tell if it was a resort shoot or just regular Photopass guy. During my solo swim, there was a photographer taking pictures of families and cute kids in floats. I asked for a couple of photos at Stormalong Bay, but you WON'T be seeing those posted here!

Belle & Belle, Bellisimo!

The shot of the three kids would make a great Christmas card, but I personally would go with the France picture of the whole family with Jessica's hands in the air, Nathaniel's glowing Mickey ears and Zachary's shirt pulled up. Joyeux Noel!

WHERE are the people in the pictures at the entrance of MK in front of the train station???

Great photopass pictures! I love that you got some different shots like the ones at the Beach Club and the World Showcase shots. I also love the one with you DD and Belle. Absolutely adorable!

I forgot to mention in my pp that my kids are only 15 months apart and when they were little people used to think they were twins also. :cutie: I'd almost forgotten that so thanks for reminding me. :goodvibes

Nice Pirate, Doctor!:laughing:

Love the photopass pics Amanda. They are so cute. Even what you call the poor DHS photo is awesome!:goodvibes

You are such a cute family! You look so tiny next to Tom!!!:)

I am tiny next to Tom! :lmao:

Great pics! The one of all three kids would definately make a great Christmas card. :goodvibes And I LOVE the close-up one of Jessica and Belle. princess:

Thank you! I love that pic of Jessica also. She was very happy because Belle told her that if the Beast saw the 2 of them together, he wouldn't be able to guess which one was Belle!

I love your pictures! Such a sweet family. :)

Thank you!!!

AWESOME photo pass pics!!!

Thank you! There are more to come!!!

The ones at the Beach Club are great! I saw a roving photographer there a couple of times during our stay. Once he was going around with a family snapping some pictures. I couldn't tell if it was a resort shoot or just regular Photopass guy. During my solo swim, there was a photographer taking pictures of families and cute kids in floats. I asked for a couple of photos at Stormalong Bay, but you WON'T be seeing those posted here!

We were so lucky to catch the photopass guy as we were heading over to Epcot!!! I think he took some amazing pictures!

Belle & Belle, Bellisimo!

Thank you! Jessica chose her Belle dress because she knew she'd have a pic with Belle.

The shot of the three kids would make a great Christmas card, but I personally would go with the France picture of the whole family with Jessica's hands in the air, Nathaniel's glowing Mickey ears and Zachary's shirt pulled up. Joyeux Noel!

Everyone will think we took the kids to France! :rotfl:

WHERE are the people in the pictures at the entrance of MK in front of the train station???

That's cool, right? We arrived about 15 minutes after RD on a EMH morning so there weren't a lot of people in that area. The photographer was very patiently waiting for everyone to scram so she could get a good picture!

Great photopass pictures! I love that you got some different shots like the ones at the Beach Club and the World Showcase shots. I also love the one with you DD and Belle. Absolutely adorable!

We got some good ones but not as many pictures as we did last year. :confused3

I forgot to mention in my pp that my kids are only 15 months apart and when they were little people used to think they were twins also. :cutie: I'd almost forgotten that so thanks for reminding me. :goodvibes

Too funny! Jessica and Nathaniel are almost exactly 2 years apart. She was born 13 days before his 2nd birthday.

Amanda

I'm going to *try* to finish writing about Wednesday and move on to the rest of the trip before I forget everything that happened!!! :thumbsup2

If I recall correctly, we had just finished riding Soarin' using a combo of FPs and Baby Swap and then bought me a cute t-shirt from the little Soarin' store. From there we decided to head over to Spaceship Earth. Crazy though this may sound, my kids had never ridden Spaceship Earth. I only rode it for the 1st time in April when Tom and I were there alone. Why? Why had we never ridden the iconic ride of Epcot???? :confused3:confused3:confused3 I have no idea! :rolleyes1

There was basically no line at all. Somehow I ended up riding with Jessica and Nathaniel while Tom sat behind us with Zachary. I was sitting in the middle of J and N so I was sitting on the little hump between the seats. Not ideal but no biggie! The kids liked the ride fine but really enjoyed the ending where you plan your future. That's always fun! The kids played that surgery game when we got off the ride for a while and then we got the strollers. We headed over to Mission: Space to see if Nathaniel (and Jessica) would meet the height requirements. Nathaniel loves all things space so I thought he'd like this ride! Not surprisingly, Nathaniel was plenty tall enough but Jessica was still about 1/2 inch too short. She wasn't happy about it but c'est la vie!

Tom and Nathaniel headed for the Green Side while I took Jessica and Zachary off for some shopping at Mouse Gears. We enjoyed browsing and trying on silly hats. They both had a moderate case of the "I wants" but I was able to control this with the "wait for Daddy to get here" line. :thumbsup2 The 2 big kids each had a $25 Disney gift card to spend and were itching to buy. (I may not have mentioned it but Zachary and Jessica each both a baby Mickey/Minnie with blanket at DHS earlier in the week. The stuffed creatures appear in some earlier pics from that day.) Jessica was trying to convince me that she absolutely NEEDED the Minnie Mouse suitcase. :rolleyes:

When Tom and Nathaniel arrived, the "real" shopping began. :lmao: I was quite surprised that the 2 big kids were very, very interested in Vinylmations. :confused3 We bought each big kids one. Nathaniel picked 2 star wars cars (they're like Matchbox cars but with a Star Wars character). Jessica got a Minnie Mouse car and Zachary got Mickey. I bought Zachary a really cute Mickey Mouse jacket (it looks like a vintage baseball jacket). We also bought a few gifts for folks back home (pens and stuff for people at work). Tom was definitely losing patience with the kids but it was ok. I didn't let them open the Vinylmation until later.

At this point it wasn't too long before our ADR in France. We headed over to the Kim Possible station between Future World and World Showcase and picked up a ticket for a mission in France. We took the long way around WS so we could ride on Maelstorm. This is yet another ride that none of us had ever ridden! :scared1: I actually enjoyed it although it was a bit short. We would have stayed for the movie about Norway but it was starting to get late for our ADR.

Amanda

I LOVE the pict of Jessica and Belle! I also like the last one, where your lil guy is pulling up his shirt to show everyone his cute lil belly!!!!!:rotfl2:

I can't remember...did you order the Photopass CD?

I hope you and your fmaily enjoyed the holiday today!

We have yet to ride Spaceship Earth either!!!! We WILL this trip! DH wants to go in the "golf ball"

What great photopass pictures! Those ones at the beach club are especially beautiful, and those pictures of Jessica with Belle just melt my heart! SO adorable!

Just saw you had an update too! I'm glad you finally went on spaceship earth! I can't believe they hadn't been on it! It's one of my favorite rides!

Shopping sounds like fun! I'm a little interested in the vinylmation characters, but I think it could get a little out of hand (you know, like my disney pin collection!) :lmao:

I LOVE the pict of Jessica and Belle! I also like the last one, where your lil guy is pulling up his shirt to show everyone his cute lil belly!!!!!:rotfl2:

I can't remember...did you order the Photopass CD?

I hope you and your fmaily enjoyed the holiday today!

Yes, we ordered the Photopass CD. I had pre-paid for it. We've had a nice New Year!

We have yet to ride Spaceship Earth either!!!! We WILL this trip! DH wants to go in the "golf ball"

Too funny! I don't know how we've missed it before. :confused3

What great photopass pictures! Those ones at the beach club are especially beautiful, and those pictures of Jessica with Belle just melt my heart! SO adorable!

Thank you! We were so lucky to encounter the photopass guy!

Just saw you had an update too! I'm glad you finally went on spaceship earth! I can't believe they hadn't been on it! It's one of my favorite rides!

Shopping sounds like fun! I'm a little interested in the vinylmation characters, but I think it could get a little out of hand (you know, like my disney pin collection!) :lmao:

I was very surprised that my kids got into the vinylmation thing but they're fully obsessed!

Amanda

We went to our ADR at Les Chefs de France. I have a soft spot in my heart for this restaurant. We had a wonderful French au pair for a year and she worked in the French pavilion at Epcot for 18 months after she finished her year with us. We visited her in Orlando twice during her time. She got us the corner table by the window at Les Chefs de France the last time we ate there.

We didn't get the corner table this time but we had a lovely waitress who is from the same city in France as our au pair (she didn't know our au pair). I speak a little French and she offered to speak to us in French but I thought it was safer to stick with English. I let the kids open their Vinylmations and they were very excited! I wasn't very hungry so I just order Lobster Bisque (yum!) and a salad. The kids had chicken fingers (or the equivilant) and pasta. I think Tom had the steak but I can't remember anymore! :confused3

Dinner was good. I didn't love the food here when we were there in May, 2009. I love French food but I didn't think it was particularly good French food. This time the food was better (or I ordered better, which is also possible). I will say that Bistro de Paris is very good (we ate there in April - yum!). I think I remember that we drank a good bottle of wine also. Overall it was a very nice dining experience and I would come back.

After dinner we headed over to pick up our KP mission only to discover we were too late to save the world. :scared1: :lmao: Nathaniel was disappointed but we promised we'd try again another day. At that point we headed home for PJs and bedtime (and fireworks on the balcony). Another wonderful day ended.

I was surprised the kids lasted the whole day with basically no downtime. Zachary happily napped in his stroller and the big kids powered through.

Amanda

I just finished reading your entire tr. A little late but I just found it earlier. Your trip sounds great so far. I love all of the dinners you have had. The pictures are beautiful. You have a beautiful family!

My son also has mild cp as well although he has other issues as well. Looks like the stroller as a wheelchair really helped!

Dinner sounds great! So sweet about your Au Pair, that you got to visit her in Disney. How great is that! Too bad she's not there anymore and that your server didn't know her.

Smart saving the vinylmation for dinner. You are a clever Mommy!

How late were you for your KP mission? I am never on time!

That is really impressive that they lasted all day without a nap! Sounds like they didn't get cranky either, which is great. J.J. gets really snippy and agressive when he's tired (it's a wonderful quality, if you could imagine...) so naptime is a must or we regret it!

Amanda, How much was the cruise for the kids? How did you sign up for it. It might be something my boys would LOVE, but we are already doing the Pirates League, so it depends on cost. I looked on Disneys website but couldn't find it.

Dinner sounds great! So sweet about your Au Pair, that you got to visit her in Disney. How great is that! Too bad she's not there anymore and that your server didn't know her.

We missed her this time!

Smart saving the vinylmation for dinner. You are a clever Mommy!

I've learned a few tricks for getting through meals....

How late were you for your KP mission? I am never on time!

KP was closed for the day. It was before Illuminations but probably close to 8pm?

That is really impressive that they lasted all day without a nap! Sounds like they didn't get cranky either, which is great. J.J. gets really snippy and agressive when he's tired (it's a wonderful quality, if you could imagine...) so naptime is a must or we regret it!

My older 2 kids don't regularly nap anyway. They usually watch a movie in the room to get some downtime. Zachary had a decent nap in the stroller.

Amanda, How much was the cruise for the kids? How did you sign up for it. It might be something my boys would LOVE, but we are already doing the Pirates League, so it depends on cost. I looked on Disneys website but couldn't find it.

I think for 2 kids the cruise was about $72 with tax? Somewhere between $70-75. I reserved it by calling the Disney recreation number (I think it's WDW-PLAY but that might be wrong).

Amanda

I just finished reading your entire tr. A little late but I just found it earlier. Your trip sounds great so far. I love all of the dinners you have had. The pictures are beautiful. You have a beautiful family!

My son also has mild cp as well although he has other issues as well. Looks like the stroller as a wheelchair really helped!

Thank you!!!! And welcome! We had a wonderful trip and can't wait to return. We didn't take full advantage of the stroller as wheelchair but we used it more as the trip went on (you'll hear more about it on our AK day, for example). I'm always worried about "abusing the system." I know it's stupid but it's just how I am. Being able to take the stroller in the Land pavilion at Epcot is great, especially with a sleeping child. Otherwise one parent would have waited outside with the little guy while the big kids went on Soarin'. I'm sure as his motor skills and strength improve, we'll be less likely to need the stroller as wheelchair. I also suspect that we'll be bringing a stroller to Disney for him for many more years!

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts