A DISmeet here..a DISmeet there..Our August Southern Tour- Final Posts - #544!

:lmao: I read that as crazy friend Rachal at first.

The dance thing is as done as I can do at this point, off to the owner who is checking final changes that we made this morning, then it will hit the masses so they can buy tix. Now I am working on swaps, filling orders, and then when I am done I will put the dances in order. we have 52 in one show and 53 in the other. :sad2: have to allow for costume changes.

I will come back to lurk later, need to get some snow goofy's cut!

:lmao: I read that as crazy friend Rachal at first.

The dance thing is as done as I can do at this point, off to the owner who is checking final changes that we made this morning, then it will hit the masses so they can buy tix. Now I am working on swaps, filling orders, and then when I am done I will put the dances in order. we have 52 in one show and 53 in the other. :sad2: have to allow for costume changes.

I will come back to lurk later, need to get some snow goofy's cut!

:rotfl2: you said it I didn't :rotfl2::rolleyes1

good luck getting it all worked out...was talking to the lady at megan's studio who is in charge of the costumes and she is so ready for this week to be over...some of the girls are in 8-10 shows if they are in the performance group...can't wait to see your snow goofy!

I will try and get the rest of our plans posted over the weekend and maybe a few photos too ...

have a busy day tomorrow, need to run around looking for somemore prop/costume stuff for Willy Wonka so we can get things finalized on the oompa loompa costumes.......teacher got a few more parents signing up to help :thumbsup2 I will be so happy when June 19th is here....recital will be done June 2 and WW on the 18th :banana: final countdown to end of school is starting right now....22 school days....6 of which are early dismissals

we got all our make-up issues figured out at the meeting and who wants to do what, just have a few more things that need to get finished up, so are in pretty good shape considering we only started getting things together a month ago

Our BIGGEST reason to come to Charlotte is to spend time with you all Judy....the rest is just frosting on top :goodvibes
maybe someday you'll get to Atlanta to use those tickets...wish you were going to be there with us too!
See... I KNEW it was me!!! (YUP, all about ME). :rotfl2::rotfl2:

hope you make is down Chiara....Judy lives pretty close to the race track!
It is nuts around here this weekend...tied traffic up all week, even here...SO now you know where to hang out if you don't want to go to the races Chiara! :goodvibes
the year we lived there I got Jim a ride a long for his birthday at the Richard Petty driving school....he was a happy boy!!! I'll look through my albums for some photos...all before digital, so will take me a bit of time...so you all can see a bit of our lives living in the south!

David would LOVE the RP Experience..they do it at Disney too...

we had our first condo assoc meeting and I kept my mouth shut and AM NOT ON THE BOARD :banana: not a job I want....told our new president I would be happy to bring cookies though :rotfl2: now we just have to get all our concerns/issues figured out for the next meeting! all in all a great meeting, got tons of our questions answered....a little back story, the bldg was orginally built in 2009...our bldg went into receivership about 6 months after I bought it in June 2010, so not a lot has been done other then general upkeep to the outside...we are now in charge and ready to get things all fixed up!
Good for you, cookies is enough to do, you are busy enough!
All D~ has to do is show up and :stir: begins!

I don't know how to quote the quote within a quote but if you are not speaking to me it will give me all the more opportunity to blab on and on when I visit :)
I AM speaking to you...just a phone call without me...(Remember...all about ME :lmao:)...And John Lennon was for Halloween!!! Though she did ask if she could wear that to her piano recital :lmao: :rotfl2: After all, dress requirement is "Sunday Best."
HalloweenSchoolParade.jpg

I told you Andrea only lets her children dress in costumes...that SHE makes...:stir:

Glad the condo meeting went decent. I hate being on boards too b/c it seems like no one else that signs up to help actually does. I thing designated cookie baker is a perfect role for you :)
I agree. :thumbsup2
Okay, since Judy called me out... :-)
OOOOOOH I already knew I liked you but like you even more now!! Thanks for the picture! :love::banana::love:
Here is a picture of me with my family on Easter of this year...as you can see from my siggy, I am married to Joe, my HS sweetheart and a fellow Disney lover, and we have 3 kiddos...Claire, Molly and Gavin (now you can see where I came up with my DIS name back in 2008).

DSC_0365.jpg
What a BEAUTIFUL Family!!! :goodvibes
I will even introduce you....everyone this is my friend Rachal...one of the few NW DISers around and we met here on the scrapbook threads! she's one talented scrapper and has 3 crazy girls and a little baby boy and we love getting together when we can with them :goodvibes

Hi Rachel!! :wave: Do we get pics of your fun family??? Pretty please when you have time...

I will try and get the rest of our plans posted over the weekend and maybe a few photos too ...
Woo Hoo...
have a busy day tomorrow, need to run around looking for somemore prop/costume stuff for Willy Wonka so we can get things finalized on the oompa loompa costumes.......teacher got a few more parents signing up to help :thumbsup2 I will be so happy when June 19th is here....recital will be done June 2 and WW on the 18th :banana: final countdown to end of school is starting right now....22 school days....6 of which are early dismissals

we got all our make-up issues figured out at the meeting and who wants to do what, just have a few more things that need to get finished up, so are in pretty good shape considering we only started getting things together a month ago

I hope all is going well! Wish we would be able to see photos, but so understand!

I know your lovely work.

I know your lovely work. You made my fantasy shirt come true for DH!
I know your lovely work too! I hope you are able to come to Charlotte, but it is SO close to your Disney trip! You can always just come to Charlotte to see Marianne and I. :rolleyes1

I know your lovely work as well
(Don't believe her, I have also seen Alexa dressed like one of the Beatles, Andrea just likes costumes...:rolleyes1).

I know your lovely work too!

OH I wish we could come to Atlanta! Our GKTW passporter gives us free tickets to the Aquarium, Six Flags, Stone MOuntain and a few more! YOu are going to have a BLAST!!!

Judy!!! What?!! No acknowledgment of my lovely work?! :confused3

Oh, that's right...I'm the one who can't even sew on a button that stays. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Judy!!! What?!! No acknowledgment of my lovely work?! :confused3

Oh, that's right...I'm the one who can't even sew on a button that stays. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I will acknowledge YOUR kind heart, concern for others, sweet disposition and wonderful kids...now PICS PLEASE!!!! popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Judy, Judy, Judy.....just hold your horses lady :rotfl2:....I have to go look through all my photo albums first....spent the morning running around town finding some cheap ribbon to make 120 sets of suspenders for the oompa loompa....finally the very last store I found some that's working and not going to cost me my right arm :thumbsup2 and its 2 1/2 inches wide and splits in half beautifully !
so guess what Megan's helping me do part of the weekend, yup help cut lenghts of ribbon and I'll do the splitting to make each pair :crazy2: and have to make somemore of the paper buttons, the teacher miss counted how many kids are oompa loompas, so need another 60 cut

Judy, Judy, Judy.....just hold your horses lady :rotfl2:....I have to go look through all my photo albums first....spent the morning running around town finding some cheap ribbon to make 120 sets of suspenders for the oompa loompa....finally the very last store I found some that's working and not going to cost me my right arm :thumbsup2 and its 2 1/2 inches wide and splits in half beautifully !
so guess what Megan's helping me do part of the weekend, yup help cut lenghts of ribbon and I'll do the splitting to make each pair :crazy2: and have to make somemore of the paper buttons, the teacher miss counted how many kids are oompa loompas, so need another 60 cut

Heading to my Mom's but chekcing in before we leave....WHAT horses am I supposed to hold??? THESE???

First, they are too big for me :rotfl2::rotfl2: and second the pics I said I wanted to see of yours, you can't post (of the show)! You MUST stop talking on the phone, texting and DISing at the same time, you are missing words my sweet!

Of course it could be the madness of all the ribbon shopping...:crazy::crazy:

Heading to my Mom's but chekcing in before we leave....WHAT horses am I supposed to hold??? THESE???

First, they are too big for me :rotfl2::rotfl2: and second the pics I said I wanted to see of yours, you can't post (of the show)! You MUST stop talking on the phone, texting and DISing at the same time, you are missing words my sweet!

Of course it could be the madness of all the ribbon shopping...:crazy::crazy:

sorry...I tend to read faster than my brain processes :crazy2::crazy2: I hope we can get a few photos backstage of Megan and a couple friends, just so you all can see them with their costumes!

What on earth are you taking about?
PA310079.jpg

Who in their right mind would do something like that?
002.jpg

Andrea, I love how you have the kids pose with their "halloween" buckets to throw us off that they dress up every day....but if I had a mom who could create outfits like you I'd do the same :goodvibes

so tested out the ribbon and the safety pins (to attach to the kids shirts) split the ribbon...tried a couple different things to stop the splitting and duc tape works...but I have yellow, so need to get some white so it doesn't show...another step, but still much cheaper than some of the other options we thought about :thumbsup2

sorry...I tend to read faster than my brain processes :crazy2::crazy2: I hope we can get a few photos backstage of Megan and a couple friends, just so you all can see them with their costumes!

Andrea, I love how you have the kids pose with their "halloween" buckets to throw us off that they dress up every day....but if I had a mom who could create outfits like you I'd do the same :goodvibes

so tested out the ribbon and the safety pins (to attach to the kids shirts) split the ribbon...tried a couple different things to stop the splitting and duc tape works...but I have yellow, so need to get some white so it doesn't show...another step, but still much cheaper than some of the other options we thought about :thumbsup2

Try white electrical tape...Home Depot or somewhere similar should have it, and it is 1" wide so you won't have to cut it down to size :-)

PA310079.jpg

002.jpg

ROFL... And she just lives vicariously through her children - we all know that it's really Andrea that wants to wear the costumes... :rolleyes1 She probably does, but doesn't show us.

D~

Try white electrical tape...Home Depot or somewhere similar should have it, and it is 1" wide so you won't have to cut it down to size :-)

a great idea Jen, thanks!

ROFL... And she just lives vicariously through her children - we all know that it's really Andrea that wants to wear the costumes... :rolleyes1 She probably does, but doesn't show us.

D~

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

we are heading off to the zoo today, the sun is shining and supposed to be 70 so a wonderful day!

going to stop and leave flowers for Jim and my daddy on our way down and stop to pick up the rest of the ribbon and tape to work on the suspenders.

remember those who have gone before us and hold your loved one's close this weekend :goodvibes

Whoot - I get to meet the elusive DH myself! :cool1: He's such a lucky guy. :rotfl2:

Marianne - you and your boys are so cute!!!

That's right! DH was elusive when we had our meet in MN too!

And I swear, I didn't pay D~ (much) to say my boys & I are cute :roll eyes:

And Yay!!! I get to post pictures of ME in Isa's PTR....

For those of you that don't know me - I am D~... And I get blamed for any and all mischief around here (really it's Isa, Judy and Andrea that cause it all)... I will be flying from MN to Charlotte this summer, and I am super excited to be meeting most of my Diser buddies... This is just going to be an awesome trip, and I am so excited about it.

WHile I am there, Marianne (and Judy) offerred to let me stay with them, but since Judy already has Isa & Megan staying there, I will be staying at Marianne's. Marianne and I have already met IRL last summer - she was lucky enough to get a layover at MSP - so my bff and I drove up to meet her... We had so much fun and we've become fast friends. I've even met her adorable boys... I am super excited to see them again too.

I have a DH and 2 girls (Allison & Victoria) who will be staying home... This will be my first trip ever with out any of my family - and my first time flying alone... but after a few flights to WDW & back and trip to Europe last summer (exactly a year ago - can you believe how fast time flies?) - I think I can handle a solo flight.

Anyways - here's me with my girls on our recent trip to WDW...

Photo1282FourBySix.jpg

I am super excited to be part of this amazing group of ladies - who have hearts of gold, and their spirit adds so much fun to my daily live - I am super excited to meet each and every one of them!!! :lovestruc

D~

I can't wait!!!! Remember, you can always fly into RI and drive back to Charlotte with me . . . just extend your trip a bit :lmao:

Ohhhh! Marianne, that is a stunning photo! And it looks like your gym membership has paid off :) Let me guess, you've lost 9 pounds? I am only guessing that because I have recently gained 9 and figure you must have sent them my way!

And "Hi D" -- blaming Isa, Judy and me already???? Everyone knows "mischief" is your middle name.

I thank you for your kind words. . . sadly, I think your eyes would be surprised if you saw a pic of me today . . . I think I have GAINED weight (that's what a month of migraines and nasty allergies will do to you - I ate and didn't have any energy to go to the gym) :scared: Phalen & I are starting Couch to 5k tomorrow morning.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I will be there is spirit with everyone.:flower3:

And I have already met Marianne IRL so hopefully we can get together when you come up to RI. Maybe we can get the boys together for a play date.:goodvibes

Um . . . get ready, because we're here! And we're here until August 13th, so I'm hoping I get to see you LOTS!!!!!

Okay Ladies, we DO need pictures please....

I know your lovely work too! I hope you are able to come to Charlotte, but it is SO close to your Disney trip! You can always just come to Charlotte to see Marianne and I. :rolleyes1

yes yes yes! come visit!!!!

I actually might have to do that but I still need to talk to DH about it. If I try and schedule it around one of the race weekends he will come with me. Yes we are Nascar fans..:scared1:

I am working on a plan to fly in Thursday or Friday and leave Sunday afternoon. I need to figure it out because it is a commuter flight on US Air.

Oooh!!!! When???

All D~ has to do is show up and :stir: begins!

:hourglass Like sands through the hourglass . . . these are the days of our lives. . . popcorn::

Okay, since Judy called me out... :-)

Here is a picture of me with my family on Easter of this year...as you can see from my siggy, I am married to Joe, my HS sweetheart and a fellow Disney lover, and we have 3 kiddos...Claire, Molly and Gavin (now you can see where I came up with my DIS name back in 2008).

DSC_0365.jpg

Great pic! I love your dress!!!!

Well, as I mentioned above, the boys & Mimi & I arrived in RI at 5:45 tonight. We left Charlotte last night at 11pm and I drove from exit 80 on I-77N in NC until the 1st Cracker Barrel in PA on I-81N. . . which we arrived at about 6:30am. From there my mom & I switched off a lot . . . it just took FOREVER to get here :( Oh well . . . we're here, and here in time for the big Memorial Day Parade so the boys can ride on the firetruck in the parade with their cousins!!!
I won't go back to Charlotte until the week of our DISMEET!!! :eek: We have family and friends coming at all various times to RI this summer, so it just made more sense to be here so we could see everyone (and DH has to work 6 days a week this summer, so we'd never see him even if we were home in CLT).

Marianne, happy you made it safe and sound to RI, enjoy all the family events!

So our zoo day yesterday didn't happen, trying again today!
drove around all the parking lots for 45 minutes and never found anything, seems like all of Seattle decided to go and enjoy the beautiful sunny weather! today is cooler and cloudy so we are heading out earlier today !

did get about 1/3 of the suspenders cut, etc yesterday and my cleaning done too:thumbsup2

hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :goodvibes

:wave2: Just wanted to say hi. Seems I have missed some things around here.... Can't wait to see what becomes of the :stir:!!!

Oh and look at my ticker... ONLY 3 weeks!!

^ That's an awesome ticker you have there Amy! :)

Lisa - I hope you are able to find a parking spot at the zoo today.

Marianne - I am relieved to know you made it to RI. That would be fun to fly into RI to meet you... I wish I could take that much time off of work and sewing... I guess I could bring Patience and hand crank her in the car on the way. Shrug... ;) HOw did the C25K go yesterday? I am anxious to hear all about it. :)

D~ <--- who really can't cook - so there's no pot stirring here... Not sure what you all are talking about?

:wave2: Just wanted to say hi. Seems I have missed some things around here.... Can't wait to see what becomes of the :stir:!!!

Oh and look at my ticker... ONLY 3 weeks!!

not too much Amy...been slow getting things posted....yah you need to watch out for D~ :stir: :lmao:

you are getting so close....can't wait to hear all about your trip and your special time at GKTW!

Marianne - I am relieved to know you made it to RI. That would be fun to fly into RI to meet you... I wish I could take that much time off of work and sewing... I guess I could bring Patience and hand crank her in the car on the way. Shrug... ;) HOw did the C25K go yesterday? I am anxious to hear all about it. :)

D~ <--- who really can't cook - so there's no pot stirring here... Not sure what you all are talking about?

D~ you don't need to "cook" to :stir: :rotfl2: you know we :love: you :goodvibes

Yes we found a parking spot, we left early at 9, so the parking lot was pretty empty......felt like we had the zoo to ourselves for a bit...was cute watching the little kids react to the animals, miss those days when Megan was little...

our favorite moment was with the orangutan's...when we walked up there were two zoo tour guides talking and one of the orangutan sitting up by the glass...she tapped on the glass and the guide said she loved ears...so we put our ears against the glass and she would look, then tap the glass to see the other one......she kept tapping until she looked at all four of our ears...she really liked mine since I had earrings! was so fun to have that interaction.

we had lunch there and were home about 1, did a load of :laundy: and cut somemore of the suspenders.

got the rest of my :laundy: going, will keep working on the suspenders,need to cut some more button and hope to work on some swap stuff today....

decided to stay home and have a PJ day :)

enjoy the day everyone!

PA310079.jpg

002.jpg
SEE!!! I told you!!!! And aren't they ADORABLE!!!!

Me too!

Good one:lmao:
Forgot to ask when you called today (wonder why ;)) if you were finished with this "little" task....

D~

Another good one! :lmao:

Lisa, I hope the rest of your day went well. Thanks for calling me. :goodvibes
On this day of remembrance I wanted to say:

I hope you enjoyed a RELAXING PJ day!

C25K went well. . . let's see how we do again tomorrow. . . and talk about a total motivator - a childhood friend lost 50lbs in the last year by walking and controlling her diet. . . she looks AH-MAZ-ING!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter