A Darling Family Halloween Trip to Neverland (and Peter Pan Came Too)

What great pictures!

It must be so fun to be a photopass photographer for the Halloween season.

That's so cool. I can't imagine ever getting my DH to do such a thing, but who knows, maybe someday! :thumbsup2
You never know when the kid will come out in my DH, but I always try to enjoy it when it does:goodvibes

Those costumes are awesome! I absolutely love them!

This looks like it's going to be such a fun night--I love MNSSHP!
It was a great night! And you get to hear all about it:laughing:

Love, love, love your costumes!!!
Thank you! They really did turn out great.

You guys look fantastic! Love the costumes....your PP pics are great!
The costumes and the pictures did turn out fabulous!

Love your photopass pics!!! :goodvibes They turned out so cute!!!:thumbsup2
Thanks! You know how I love photopass and it didn't disappoint this trip either.

Love the photopass pics! Well worth that long wait.:rotfl2:

You all look great!
That CD did come faster than expected. I'm not complaining one bit about that.

I love the follow the leader picture!
I like that picture too. The boys actually came up with the concept on all their own. Too cute!

Wow, your family looks awesome! Love the costume concept. Great pics. I love the MNSSHP! Can't wait to go again.
It is such a great party and it was a fun night!

I loved all of the Photopass pictures but I think my favorite one is Michael and John playing follow the leader. You guys looked soooooo cute!
Like I mentioned above the boys came up with the concept for that on their own. They just started singing the song and marching. Defintely Disney educated:goodvibes

I loved your costumes very cute!! Can't wait to hear more about the trip!
:welcome: I can't wait to tell everyone about it!

Joining in. The costumes are great. Cant wait to read more.
:welcome: The costumes were a great success!

After our Photopass photoshoot I decided we needed a Mrs. Darling Photoshoot. While DH was lifting the kids up on the ledge I snapped this picture of one of the Jack O Lanterns. So adorable.

disneyhalloween036.jpg

Then I took a few pictures of the Darling Children with Peter.

disneyhalloween038.jpg

disneyhalloween042-1.jpg

After the mini shoot we headed to my favorite street in the world, Main Street USA. To make it even better it was all decorated up for Halloween. Just have to love it.:goodvibes (Inexplicably I didn’t take any pictures here so these are from on the main WDW info site.)

scarecrow.jpg

scarecrow2.jpg

scarecrow3.jpg

At this point the kids were clamoring a bit for food, plus Michael was feeling a bit warm (his costume was a bit too cozy.) So we headed over to Columbia Harbor House to grab some dinner. We arrived around 5:00 and I have never seen this place so empty. We walked right up to the cashier and ordered. Unfortunately the upstairs was closed so we couldn’t eat in my favorite spot. Here is the one and only picture I took in the restaurant and it’s not a flattering one.:rolleyes1

disneyhalloween044.jpg

I had the tuna sandwich which is so yummy. Everyone else had either mac ‘n cheese or chicken nuggets. I definitely had the best meal. (Maybe that is why Wendy looks not so happy.):confused3

After our dinner I informed everyone now would be a great time for rides. I wanted to get some under our belt before the party began so we could spend party time doing other stuff. What did everyone want to ride first? Peter Pan, of course. So we took the brief walk over to Fantasyland, but the Peter Pan line was 45 minutes which was definitely more than we wanted to wait. So we decided to try Winnie the Pooh and headed in that direction. On our way we were sidetracked. Brief flashback here. During our June trip the boys had tried to pull the sword out of the stone for the first time. Did they do it? Well one of them did. Here is a picture.

DSC01760.jpg

The other kids tried and tried, but couldn’t get the thing to budge. So everyone was up to trying it again. John was hoping he would be the king this trip. (He’d been a tad jealousof Michael’s success the previous trip.) Anyway ladies first so here is Wendy.

disneyhalloween046.jpg

No luck. Next John gave it a try.

disneyhalloween048.jpg

As you can see he gave it his all, but it didn’t budge. Finally it was Michael’s turn. Drumroll please.

disneyhalloween052.jpg

As you can see it was really no problem. Michael wasn’t the least bit surprised. After all he is the True King. He can even pull out the sword dressed in his PJ’s. :lmao:

Up next: Would we ever actually get on a ride?

Lol :laughing: Bless him, how lucky that he pulled the sword out twice now. Bet John loved that :laughing:

Loving all the Photopass pics, you got some great shots there :thumbsup2

That is too awesome - he pulled the sword up again!! What magical powers does he possess? :wizard:

Love all of your costumes - how original!!

:cheer2:Michael. How funny anc :cool1:! I'd be worried about how he will react the next time, that is if he isn't able to pull it.

Love the CHH pic. :rotfl2:

I can't imagine a long wait for Pooh, but wonder if something else will catch your eye on the way.

LOL!! That's Hilarious! Michael pulled the sword up again!?!! Awesome!
It was pretty funny. And he was so nonchalant about it like he'd never had a doubt that it would come right up. Then he actually had trouble putting it back down. That was pretty funny too.

Lol :laughing: Bless him, how lucky that he pulled the sword out twice now. Bet John loved that :laughing:

Loving all the Photopass pics, you got some great shots there :thumbsup2
John was none too pleased with Michael's success. I don't think it stung quite a much as last time though. I think now he just figures it's one of those things only Michael does:laughing:

That is too awesome - he pulled the sword up again!! What magical powers does he possess? :wizard:

Love all of your costumes - how original!!
Michael has no doubt that he has the power to pull up that sword. Might be a little shocking when the trip comes that he can't do it.

:cheer2:Michael. How funny anc :cool1:! I'd be worried about how he will react the next time, that is if he isn't able to pull it.

Love the CHH pic. :rotfl2:

I can't imagine a long wait for Pooh, but wonder if something else will catch your eye on the way.
Michael's reaction in the future could be pretty funny if he can't pull it out. I guess we'll see in January. (Now if he pulls it out then that will be pretty amazing. I'll give you a hint about our first ride. Pooh is closed so it isn't there.

I can't believe Michael pulled the sword from the stone again!

Poor John! :rotfl:
Notice in the picture of John how hard he is pulling on that sword. His face is all red:rotfl:

Oh my goodness.....I wonder what the odds were for Michael to pull the sword out again?

It is a bit crazy that he's now pulled it out twice. It must be a pretty regular occurence these days to have it come out.

Loving your TR!! The pics of the kids pulling on the sword are soooo cute - back in the day when my DS (now 21) was about 7 or 8 he pulled out the sword during the little show they used to stage with Merlin. He was awarded a Medal on a purple neck ribbon that read something like 'ruler of the kingdom' and all day long the CMs and characters who saw it bowed to him - boy oh boy was HE full of himself by the end of the day!!:rotfl:
BTW - what date did you do the MNSSHP party?

OMG, so the sword actually does still go up? I thought they only did it for that show they used to do. Very cool!

And as everyone else has said, your costumes were adorable. :thumbsup2

Wow!! I can't believe that Michael pulled out the sword again!!!:laughing: That is so cool!!!:cool1:

Love all the Halloween decorations!!:goodvibes

Loving your TR!! The pics of the kids pulling on the sword are soooo cute - back in the day when my DS (now 21) was about 7 or 8 he pulled out the sword during the little show they used to stage with Merlin. He was awarded a Medal on a purple neck ribbon that read something like 'ruler of the kingdom' and all day long the CMs and characters who saw it bowed to him - boy oh boy was HE full of himself by the end of the day!!:rotfl:
BTW - what date did you do the MNSSHP party?
I would have loved to have seen the show that they did. By the time I started going they weren't doing it anymore. We went to the party on Friday the 29th.

OMG, so the sword actually does still go up? I thought they only did it for that show they used to do. Very cool!

And as everyone else has said, your costumes were adorable. :thumbsup2
Apparently it still goes up for a select few:cool1: And thanks for the costume compliment. I think they turned out great too!

Wow!! I can't believe that Michael pulled out the sword again!!!:laughing: That is so cool!!!:cool1:

Love all the Halloween decorations!!:goodvibes
It's pretty crazy that Michael has pulled the sword out twice! He must truly be the King:laughing:

Love, love, love those costumes! I'm pretty sure I said that before but it's definitely worth mentioning again!

Amazing that Michael pulled the sword out twice!!!! I guess he really is a true king!!!

Love, love, love those costumes! I'm pretty sure I said that before but it's definitely worth mentioning again!

Amazing that Michael pulled the sword out twice!!!! I guess he really is a true king!!!

You can't tell me too many times how much you love the costumes. I feel the same way! And we definitely have royalty among us:goodvibes

After the sword pulling adventure the kids really wanted to get their ride on. So we headed over to Pooh and the entrance seemed to be blocked.:confused3 So we proceeded to walk along the tunnel of construction walls that has become Fantasyland thinking the entrance was moved during construction. Nope the entrance wasn’t moved. Pooh was closed along with the Teacups which was also surrounded by construction walls. I know they must do refurbishments, but this area of Fantasyland was really bad.:headache: Seriously. Not a lot of Magic in these parts.:sad2: I didn’t think to take pictures, but here are some I borrowed from the DIS blog.

rehab.jpg

rehab2.jpg

rehab3.jpg

rehab4.jpg

We hightailed it out of Fantasyland and headed to Tomorrowland where we finally hopped in line for the first ride of the trip. What was it?

disneyhalloween054.jpg

My kids all love Buzz. This was the 1st time ever we waited in the Standby line. We’ve always used fast passes before, but the line wasn’t too bad. I think we waited 20 minutes. Here are Peter and Wendy on the ride.

disneyhalloween055.jpg

Here are our red necked pictures.

disneyhalloween056.jpg

And the must have every trip picture of the kids with Zurg. It won’t be too long before Wendy won’t fit through the bars anymore. (That will be a bittersweet day.)

disneyhalloween060.jpg

After defeating Zurg we decided to hop on the ride formerly known as the Tomorrowland Transit Authority formerly known as the Wedway Peoplemover. I think it is now called something like the Tomorrowland Transit Wedway Peoplemover. (Or something like that.:rolleyes:) Anyway here are some shots of our journey through Tomorrow land (I sure wished we could have paged Tom Morrow.)

disneyhalloween063.jpg

disneyhalloween065.jpg

This ride does not go upside down or sideways. The angle is related to a 6 year old (or maybe it was the 10 year old) trying to be an artsy photographer.:laughing:

At this point the sun was beginning to set and we had not yet taken pictures in front of the castle. So I told the fam we were heading that way. One thing I really wanted out of this trip was an absolutely adorable picture of the Darling Children dressed in their true characters together in Neverland.:cutie: I still hadn’t gotten it. So we headed off looking for a Photopass guy to try for the picture. Did we find one? (I’m sure you all know the answer to that one?:rolleyes:) More importantly did we get The Picture? You’ll have to wait to find out.

That sucks that the teacups and Pooh Bear were down. I hate seeing construction at Disney, takes the magic away for me just slightly.

Love the Zurg pic, so cute :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter